Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lizzie Borden gave her mother 40 whacks?

Once again the sister was in Fairhaven, visiting family a lot of people came forward and attested to that fact, I actually have the trial transcript.

Lizzie's sister Emma Borden was the real
    person who killed them.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Then explain how you came to this conclusion while ignoring the fact that Emma was in fairhaven, and had many witnesses testify to this fact. I would like to know.

This looks really good.

Hmm interesting theory, I go back and forth, did Lizzie do it, she and Bridgett were the only ones at the house at the time, or did the uncle do it, I don't buy that Emma did it as she was away that day and many witnesses have attested to that fact and she had the ticket stub to prove she went.

I happened to catch it yesterday. I was surprised how well Kristen Stewart handled herself. Chloe Sevigny was awesome as Lizzie. I had to look away at the final scene; it was horrifying.

I'll wait until it comes out on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I happened to catch it yesterday. I was surprised how well Kristen Stewart handled herself. Chloe Sevigny was awesome as Lizzie. I had to look away at the final scene; it was horrifying.
    Thank you, I have changed my mind about the murders.
    It was Lizzie and the family maid who both did it.(they were in
    love)

Because the movie said so?

I'm pretty sure it was Oliver Hardy.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

LOL Jim.

Just read: The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson:

What I found the most impressive about the book was that the author includes much information about society at the time of the murder and the way people perceived women. The men on Lizzie’s jury just couldn’t imagine a lady such as Lizzie committing such an atrocious act. For a women to do what was done to these two victims, she would have had to have been a monster and that would have shown in her countenance. The book also touches on what was thought to be the cause of “hysteria” in women.

The book not only covers the trial in detail but also the discussions that were taking place outside of the courtroom and newspaper accountings, as well as rumors. Another plus is that the book is chock full of photos that help the details to life.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

What I found the most impressive about the book was that the author includes much information about society at the time of the murder and the way people perceived women. The men on Lizzie’s jury just couldn’t imagine a lady such as Lizzie committing such an atrocious act. For a women to do what was done to these two victims, she would have had to have been a monster and that would have shown in her countenance. The book also touches on what was thought to be the cause of “hysteria” in women.

The book not only covers the trial in detail but also the discussions that were taking place outside of the courtroom and newspaper accountings, as well as rumors. Another plus is that the book is chock full of photos that help the details to life.
    May not be the same book, but I read one years ago with the same information.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

They could have just measured her head and checked it for bumps to see if she was guilty.
    Sometimes, especially back then; people knew how to disguise their countenance to hide their real nature; but there's no hiding those bumps on your skull from scientific examination.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

15. 12-24-2019, 05:02 PM
    Reason
    Posting less than 30 mins apart.

Would so enjoy to read that book.
    So Lizzie Borden's sister did it.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 12-27-2019 at 04:59 PM.

London, Please combine your posts you must wait 30 mins between posts. , I think you have been told about this before

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Hmm interesting theory, I go back and forth, did Lizzie do it, she and Bridgett were the only ones at the house at the time, or did the uncle do it, I don't buy that Emma did it as she was away that day and many witnesses have attested to that fact and she had the ticket stub to prove she went.
    True, I would so love to go to the house it
    all happened at.

Because you can and stay over night.

Guess whose house you is on the market! (BYOA.)
    https://www.redfin.com/MA/Fall-River.../home/16021098

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    Guess whose house you is on the market! (BYOA.)
    https://www.redfin.com/MA/Fall-River.../home/16021098
    True, I would love to this house.

That is a pretty fabulous house, I love the interior.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The 3D walkthrough shows that the spots where the bodies were found haven't changed much. There's even a circle marking the exact spot where Lizzie's mother was found. It doesn't say that, but the original murder photos make for an easy comparison.

I think if we all chip in we could buy it. Weather is pretty rough in Massachusetts, though. I am used to living in Florida.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I love the inside. I really do. But there's something about the hallways that gives me the freaking creeps.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD