Thread: Haunted Haight Walking Tour

annannanna Guest

Haunted Haight Walking Tour

I took the Haunter Haight Walking Tour tonight with fellow death hag NOVSTORM! Here is the scoop!

For anyone living or visiting in the San Francisco area this is a really great tour! The tour cost $20 and in the summer it runs both day and night, (I took the night tour of course) It is about two hours. You are walking the whole time but they stop frequently and there is a bathroom break.

It was cold that night (which is the norm out here) so dress like you are going to Russia and you'll be fine. If you get cold alot or easily, be prepared! Wear gloves and a hat!

We did find parking on the street after a couple spins around the block. I recomend car pooling in, cause the paid garage parking is far from the meeting place, and it is easier to find parking for one car.

This was the coolest tour ever! Our guide Tommy, is also the founder of the tour and very knowlegable about everything not just about ghosts but the whole history of the Haight/Ashbury area. He is more than happy to answer all kinds of questions, and shared a lot of his ghost-hunting experiences!

You do have to buy tickets in advance, here is thier site:
    www.hauntedhaight.com

I would do this tour again in heatbeat! I had a great time and I love to learn about the supernatural. I recomend this tour!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Yup it was an outstanding tour. Tommy has been in most of the houses that he takes you too. I am going to down load some of the pics we took.
    Charlie Manson's old place, Jarry Garcia, Janis Joplin ,the haunted bar.
    Tommy does a hell of a job.

Be very sure to dress warm and this is a windy area, so hats and gloves and a good heavy jacket and good walking shoes.

I want to go...maybe we can splurge on the gas and drive up there for an overnight trip and take the tour. I just checked the weather there, and I am so there!!! Especially after the heatwave we just had. Does it ever get hot there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

annannanna Guest
    not in SF! No matter how hot it is it will get cold in the city at night.

I am so moving there...the weather, the haunted tour, and it being where they filmed Vertigo make it a winner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

annannanna Guest
    I wonder is they have a vertigo tour??

Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    I wonder is they have a vertigo tour??
    If there is one, I'm going on it. If not, I'm starting it up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    He has different tours. The one we took was the most asked for. WHen you call ask for him and see if he does it.

Sphr798 Guest
    I'm officially jealous. Sounds like you had a great time!

So, no ghosts? Doesn't he guarantee a ghost sighting on each tour?

annannanna Guest
    He dosen't guarentee a ghost on the tour, he did tell us how to find our own!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So, no ghosts? Doesn't he guarantee a ghost sighting on each tour?

We wentto on place ( I have pic) where a young teen was killed and allthe residents that have lived there talked about the noises they heard,
    Anna and My grand daughter both got dizzy while standing there.
    Tommy said that it happens to some people and some feel like tossing their cookies, itis because they are picking up the sensations.
    We went to the park Panhandle park, There are NO pigeons there.
    A murder there of "Buck Naked" in 93 by a man who fed the pigeons
    ,his ghost won't let the pigeons back in the park.
    There are several places for all differnt kinds of ghost and Tommy and his crew have verrifed each place,

miz rosebud Guest
    O wow.I didnt know they still had this tour.our family is going up north early spring.And this was on my to do list.It sounds so fun.IM gonna check it out for sure now.

Here's another great one, i highly recommend. Plenty of long stories to hear about interesting houses around the area. There were about 20+ people in the group tho, which was a bit disappointing (but it was a weekend night), and about 5 or so became disruptive (as they clearly thought it would likely be more jokey)

http://www.sfghosthunt.com/

Haven't done Tommy's, but I'd like to.

miz rosebud Guest
    Dont you hate that!!!!!On scott's tour some lady kept saying" Im on information overload".It was annoying.I wanted to hear more and more!!!

i will check this one out too!!!

thanks so much i cant wait i havent been up north in years it has alot of haunted history cant wait.

annannanna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemgmve View Post
    Here's another great one, i highly recommend. Plenty of long stories to hear about interesting houses around the area. There were about 20+ people in the group tho, which was a bit disappointing (but it was a weekend night), and about 5 or so became disruptive (as they clearly thought it would likely be more jokey)

http://www.sfghosthunt.com/

Haven't done Tommy's, but I'd like to.

Woo! I want to try that one as well! The website looks good. I will surley bitch-slap the information overload ppl.