Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 450 of 1934

Thread: Elvis Presley

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    571
    He looks really young and thin in that photo yet at the end he looked old and bloated.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I think it's tough for us to believe it's him because of how he looked...and how "young" he seemed to look. He certainly does not look like a 42 year old man lying there.

    Can you direct me to the pictures you've seen? There wasn't more than one actual photo taken that day. Although...take a look at this photo...I read somewhere that this photo is actually the one taken by Billy Mann, Sr. on the night of August 17, 1977 before the Enquirer "did their tricks" and lightened the picture. You can definitely tell that the picture is darker than the one I first posted (the board won't allow me to post it again...why?)

    So my question is...

    Which one is the real photo??
    That looks like the real photo! Wow, I've saved that photo! I've got the other lighter verson but this one has to be the real photo! Thanks for posting it

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    I saw him 6 months before he died, and I'm sorry, but he was no longer young, thin, or unaged.

    What I see in the picture is what he wished he had looked like.

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I saw him 6 months before he died

    I'm jealous. Where'd you see him??

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    He came to Atlanta for a concert. It was terrible. He forgot the words, and had to read them. He got down on the stage and couldn't get up. People Booed, and walked out. Some demanded their money back. I just cried, because my hero was no longer. So for them to make me think that suddenly he has lost 200 lbs, and looks 30 years younger, is impossible for me to believe.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    767
    So what do you guys think about Lisa Marie being pregnant? I say good for her!! 40 is the new 30!

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    So what do you guys think about Lisa Marie being pregnant? I say good for her!! 40 is the new 30!
    Hot dame is she preggers again? Good for her!

    Her mother Priscilla had her second child at 40 or 42.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Tony - I will never, ever, ever believe that's Elvis in that casket. Elvis is still alive! *stamps foot* Yes! Yes! Yes! I have made up my mind and don't care to be confused with the facts thankyouverymuch!

    Spooky - I love your avatar! And I had no idea James Dean was born before Elvis. Ya learned me something today.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri City, Texas
    Posts
    238
    My mom read in a book written by a psychic that when the psychic visited Graceland, said that Elvis's body wasn't buried there. Kinda strange, maybe the lady's a fraud. I dunno

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri City, Texas
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Actually, All...

    When Elvis was at his heavest (jumpsuit era), he wore a 34 waist pants. This man was TINY. Yes, he became overweight - for him. But not really so for our day today.

    The Rock and Roll Museum in Memphis (over by the Fed Ex Dome) has one of his white Vegas jumpsuits in there. It was a little bitty ole' thing.
    Elvis used to wear gurdles under his jumpsuits so he was actually a lot bigger than a 34 waist

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    He came to Atlanta for a concert. It was terrible. He forgot the words, and had to read them. He got down on the stage and couldn't get up. People Booed, and walked out. Some demanded their money back. I just cried, because my hero was no longer. So for them to make me think that suddenly he has lost 200 lbs, and looks 30 years younger, is impossible for me to believe.

    Man, that is sad to hear. Do you remember how long it was before he died after you saw him?? It had to be near the end...

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    I believe it was in February or March of 1977. Several months before he died.

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes1986 View Post
    Elvis used to wear gurdles under his jumpsuits so he was actually a lot bigger than a 34 waist

    The girdle "rumor" is something I don't believe because if that was so, it would have shown under his jumpsuit.



    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I believe it was in February or March of 1977. Several months before he died.
    Elvis played Atlanta, GA for the final time on December 30, 1976.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    The girdle "rumor" is something I don't believe because if that was so, it would have shown under his jumpsuit.





    Elvis played Atlanta, GA for the final time on December 30, 1976.
    It is actually true. You can see interviews with not only others talking about it, but him laughing about that was what his life I become.

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    It is actually true. You can see interviews with not only others talking about it, but him laughing about that was what his life I become.
    The girdle thing I believe, but the 34 waist? Not a chance. The costumes that you are speaking of are also available for viewing at Graceland and they are "taken in" to look better on display. I love E with all my heart and soul, but he had the body of a 42 year old man, which he should have. He was no health freak and his body was being abused. I get upset when people talk bad about him gaining weight and being big & nasty because as most of us know, thats what happens when you don't take care of yourself. Heck in some cases even when you do take care of yourself gravity and age takes it's toll regardless. =( I'm 35 and I fo' sho don't have the body I had when I was 25 even though my lifestyle hasn't changed. E was getting older, it gets way harder with time, trust me. I still woulda licked his eyeballs out, no matter what his waistline was!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I love E with all my heart and soul, but he had the body of a 42 year old man, which he should have. He was no health freak and his body was being abused. I get upset when people talk bad about him gaining weight and being big & nasty because as most of us know, thats what happens when you don't take care of yourself.

    I think you just contradicted yourself. I disagree with your first point- that EP "had the body of a 42 yr old man, which he should have," I could see if he had a pot belly and some extra flab-- but in those last couple of years he was grotesquely bloated and obese- at least at certain times. But I agree with your second point; as a matter of fact, not only didn't he "take care of himself", but he abused himself with prescriptions and massive quantities of junk food.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    I loved Elvis to death, but the truth was he was huge. He was also a drug addict.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I loved Elvis to death, but the truth was he was huge. He was also a drug addict.
    Elvis was no different than anything that is going on today, IMO. People gorge themselves on shit food and take large quantaties of prescription and OTC meds. We have overweight people in their late 30's and early 40's on our ME table every morning that are the epitome of what Elvis was.

    In 1977, it was not cool. Today, it's accepted. JMO.

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I think you just contradicted yourself. I disagree with your first point- that EP "had the body of a 42 yr old man, which he should have," I could see if he had a pot belly and some extra flab-- but in those last couple of years he was grotesquely bloated and obese- at least at certain times. But I agree with your second point; as a matter of fact, not only didn't he "take care of himself", but he abused himself with prescriptions and massive quantities of junk food.
    Nope - not contratdicting - I was jsut stating the facts. He was 42 years old. Everyone "expected" Elvis to look 21 forever. Besides the drugs and the nasty eating habits, he was not a 21 year old hip shaking pimp anymore, he was a 42 year old middle aged man living a hard lifestyle. My point was to bring to light that everyone ages and your body changes. Even if he wasn't doing drugs and eating better, her would have still not been what people wanted in their minds....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    The girdle thing I believe, but the 34 waist? Not a chance. The costumes that you are speaking of are also available for viewing at Graceland and they are "taken in" to look better on display. I love E with all my heart and soul, but he had the body of a 42 year old man, which he should have. He was no health freak and his body was being abused. I get upset when people talk bad about him gaining weight and being big & nasty because as most of us know, thats what happens when you don't take care of yourself. Heck in some cases even when you do take care of yourself gravity and age takes it's toll regardless. =( I'm 35 and I fo' sho don't have the body I had when I was 25 even though my lifestyle hasn't changed. E was getting older, it gets way harder with time, trust me. I still woulda licked his eyeballs out, no matter what his waistline was!
    I agree with the part about licking his eyeballs out...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I agree with the part about licking his eyeballs out...
    Yep!! Sure would... Maybe not now - but then for sure!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689

    You Hags Ever See These Pics?

    I had to delete this post.
    Sorry about that.
    I just thought it was amusing, that's all.
    Last edited by Tugboat25; 03-10-2008 at 11:03 AM.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    Not so good example of photo shop.

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    292
    I tend to believe most of his weight gain was actually extreme water retention. Judy Garland suffered the same thing due to her drug abuse and had 20 quarts of liquid siphoned off her.

    They both had that same bloated looked about them - it's different to the overweight look - the face and upper body swell up but the limbs stay relatively slim.

    that might explain why he looked slim in the coffin - those liquids oozed out after death.

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Not so good example of photo shop.
    Ok Katie, sorry for posting.
    I'm deleting them now.

  26. #426
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,799
    Sort of OT, but still kind of related. Priscilla Presley is going to be on the new season of Dancing with the Stars. I am going to watch just to check out her terribly thin hair and bad plastic surgery!

  27. #427
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Sort of OT, but still kind of related. Priscilla Presley is going to be on the new season of Dancing with the Stars. I am going to watch just to check out her terribly thin hair and bad plastic surgery!

    You know besides the money part I am sure being the daughter of Elvis was alot of pressure growing up. She seems to handle it well...except when she married Micheal "peophile" Jackson!

  28. #428
    Elvis Lives !!!!

  29. #429
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Sort of OT, but still kind of related. Priscilla Presley is going to be on the new season of Dancing with the Stars. I am going to watch just to check out her terribly thin hair and bad plastic surgery!
    OMG!! She looks like that Wildestein Cat Lady!! Terrible! Her left side of her face is bigger than her right! What was she thinking? She could have got a nip here & a tuck there if she wanted, but still grow "gracefully" with her own face. Now she can't move her mouth or close her eyes! She did dance pretty good though... It just makes me sad that she is so plastic looking when she woulda been beautiful anyway you know. Now it's kinda like her ex-son-in-law - too late....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  30. #430
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Here and there and back again...
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    OMG!! She looks like that Wildestein Cat Lady!! Terrible! Her left side of her face is bigger than her right! What was she thinking? She could have got a nip here & a tuck there if she wanted, but still grow "gracefully" with her own face. Now she can't move her mouth or close her eyes! She did dance pretty good though... It just makes me sad that she is so plastic looking when she woulda been beautiful anyway you know. Now it's kinda like her ex-son-in-law - too late....

    She does look pretty bad, but I thought she danced pretty awesome for it being the first night!


    "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

  31. #431
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    B
    Posts
    892
    in an earlier post..someone stated that at his biggest elvis had a 34 inch waist..theres no way that could be possible..my husband is 6'3..and 165 -170 pds..very thin...and wears a 32 waist pants..we've seen the pics of elvis at his biggest....theres no way possible at his biggest this man was a 34 waist..lol yikes...i dont even think laying down on a bed could get those pants zipped lol...

  32. #432
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    I saw him in person, several months before his death, and his neck was bigger than a 34.

  33. #433
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    OMG!! She looks like that Wildestein Cat Lady!! Terrible! Her left side of her face is bigger than her right! What was she thinking? She could have got a nip here & a tuck there if she wanted, but still grow "gracefully" with her own face. Now she can't move her mouth or close her eyes! She did dance pretty good though... It just makes me sad that she is so plastic looking when she woulda been beautiful anyway you know. Now it's kinda like her ex-son-in-law - too late....
    She went too far with the surgery. Priscilla was a beautiful woman and truely, she is not even that old. Sad that she felt she had to have that much surgery.

  34. #434
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Spring is nice too there! I would love to take that tour that takes you to Tupelo. I have never been there either. What is the Juke Tour?
    .
    I saw his home in tupelo in 1967. It was not the place it is now. It just had a sign that EP lived there. I saw GL before he died (from outside) and after he died too. I love that house and I am glad they are leaving his rooms the way they were.

  35. #435
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I agree. The "coverup" is purely commercially motivated I think, although surely by now it's in vain. But for the family to now permit autopsy notes and conclusions to be made public would be admission of their little coverup which, they may think, would be bad for business.

    What still bugs me is the five hour time period before the cops were notified, not to mention Linda (reportedly) being dressed with full make up and hair in order when the cops arrived. Makes me think Linda, Vernon et al spent some of that time "setting the scene" they way they wanted it to appear, whatever that may have been, but they obviously knew better than or weren't concerned disturbing the body, or possibly doing some CYA due to a criminal cause to E's heart failure?

    Just spit balling here, but that five hour window is the most curious to me of the whole event, especially if no claim has ever been made on E's life insurance.
    They had to get rid of all the drugs. I am sure they "cleaned house" I read once that a doctor came over first and declared him dead and then they wen to work getting rid of all the stuff. I am sure they thought they could cover up the drug use but what the hell he was human, he was addicted to prescription drugs , he wasn't rolling up dollar bills and snorting.

  36. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    It's really no big deal because the fact is something was fishy. I just think Ginger is a huge TOOL. She was totally in it for herself and not into him (unlike Linda).
    Here is a link of an interview with Ginger http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interv...ingerAlden.htm
    Elvis was to blame for hooking up with her.

    Now look at the pictures of he and GA. elvis did not look bloated or old and these were done 4 months before he died.

  37. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    The upstairs will probably never be opened - main reason is structural support, the stairs cannot handle the traffic...also, when Elvis was alive you were only allowed to go upstairs if you were invited...Family members used to tell how they would call Elvis on the intercom to ask permission to go up if they needed to talk to him...

    The changes that are planned will not affect the Mansion or the immediate grounds...they are planning changes to the plaza, hotel and corporate office areas...
    I understood that the contract Lisa Marie has with themis the upstairs is off limits and has to be left alone? I also do not think Grace Land smelled or stunk. I am sure that his private rooms are cleaned on a regular basis but his things are not moved or tossed out. But the house did not stink.

  38. #438
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog0728 View Post
    http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/
    ok to clarify a few things, the above link is pictures of the upstairs of graceland. if the above poster were an ex employee of graceland he/she would know that the stairs from the kitchen lead you to the main foyer stairs, there is no alternative way to get upstairs, there are steps from the jungle room which would lead you up to the sundeck (added to graceland when elvis had the den/jungle room added on) but no way to enter the upstairs from the sundeck unless you climb through a window. if there is argument i do have pictures to support these answers, trying to keep find a death the mot accurate out there. also if you get the movie This Is Elvis, the very beginning of the movie they reenact the day elvis dies, they show him enter the front door, but then the filming takes place from the rear of the house but it goes around the front showing you the way graceland was decorated linda thompsons way, up the stairs into the bedroom and the they show the actor laying on the floor in the bathroom trying to revive him. a little foot note i want to add is that priscilla says he raped her, but when you watch the movie she was begging him for sex he just didnt give it to her the way SHE wanted it to me rape is such a strong word implying that he beat her held her down and left her in the gutter which was clearly not the case. elvis could have had any woman in a second why would he rape priscilla that he nailed millions of times before, priscilla is an ugly deceiving bitch that would be no where without elvis. furthermore i dont believe she is a genious for opening graceland as vernon did it first, you could just only go to the grave. anyone would have figured to open the house and charge to get in. elvis built that, she married her way into it then took over lisa maries inheritence for her vision. i have done extensive research on graceland so if there are any questions ill do my best to answer them as accurately as possible.
    I whole heartedly disagree about Priss. He never had sex with her after Lisa was born. He had a thing about women having sex after becoming a Mother. She turned Ep estate around and I think if ep had been faithful to her they would have stayed together. She loved him, I also do not believe she was a tramp before she met Elvis. Lisa Marie got every cent of her inheritance. In fact if it weren't for Priss firing and suing the Colonel she would have gotten a hell of a lot less. The court papers on this law suit are available. Priss said the Colonel was using Elvis for years and he got 50 percent of every thing Elvis made! She got tired of being the bitch that left Elvis and wrote her side of the story. No one asks to get raped and if Elvis was that pissed about her wanting a divorce and cheating with Mike Stone maybe he did. I see no reason for her to lie and make her kid feel bad. You didn't sleep in their bed and neither did I .but I am sticking up for the womant hat made his kid the money that she has today. People hate her because she had the balls to get out of an unhappy marriage,if you can even call it that .with the Mafia hanging around 24/7 and people runing in and out of that place all night and day long. I loved EP ,but as far as his marriage went there was shit on both sides. She just stood up for herself and I would have too.

  39. #439
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,799
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I whole heartedly disagree about Priss. He never had sex with her after Lisa was born. He had a thing about women having sex after becoming a Mother. She turned Ep estate around and I think if ep had been faithful to her they would have stayed together. She loved him, I also do not believe she was a tramp before she met Elvis. Lisa Marie got every cent of her inheritance. In fact if it weren't for Priss firing and suing the Colonel she would have gotten a hell of a lot less. The court papers on this law suit are available. Priss said the Colonel was using Elvis for years and he got 50 percent of every thing Elvis made! She got tired of being the bitch that left Elvis and wrote her side of the story. No one asks to get raped and if Elvis was that pissed about her wanting a divorce and cheating with Mike Stone maybe he did. I see no reason for her to lie and make her kid feel bad. You didn't sleep in their bed and neither did I .but I am sticking up for the womant hat made his kid the money that she has today. People hate her because she had the balls to get out of an unhappy marriage,if you can even call it that .with the Mafia hanging around 24/7 and people runing in and out of that place all night and day long. I loved EP ,but as far as his marriage went there was shit on both sides. She just stood up for herself and I would have too.
    I actually have always liked Priscilla. I do not believe her to have been a whore, but I do believe her to have been manipulating even at the young age when she met Elvis. For years there was the rumor that Priscilla slept with one or more men to get to meet Elvis when she was 14. I believe that rumor.

    I think she left Elvis because the lifestyle was no longer working for her, they did not have a marriage anymore and she had the money and her daughter to start a new life in Cali, which is what she did. She opened a boutique and went on with her life. She and E stayed friends until the end and that just goes to show that they were probably better off as friends. I believe that they loved each other, but it was a different kind of love.

    I think it is wonderful what she did for Lisa to secure her future, however Elvis is rolling over in the grave to see that Lisa is a Scientologist.

  40. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey boy View Post
    I love Elvis and respect his work, but he was basically a poor dumb manipulated hillbilly when the Colonel pushed him out into the world. Sure the grueling schedule made him a star and got him anything he wanted, but I think the sudden skyrocketing fame and fast pace of it all was overwhelming, and would have been for most people. Elvis only had a limited intellectual capacity to deal with it all, and tried to escape in many different ways - drugs, food, sex, isolation. God love him, I'm sure he did the best he could, but all those fried peanut butter sandwiches and dexies messed up his heart. He died like a King should, on a throne. Long live the King!
    Fried banana and peanut butter samwiches lol And I love em too

  41. #441
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,257

    LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I saw him in person, several months before his death, and his neck was bigger than a 34.
    ROTFLMAO - I love the King, but dang that was funny! Poor Guy!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  42. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,241
    There's finally a reason behind why Priscilla looks so bad:

    Priscilla Presley Victim Of Cosmetic Scam




    Priscilla, whose face looks ... strange on "Dancing with the Stars," went to Dr. Daniel Serrano around 2003. Serrano was a good-looking doc from Argentina who hooked into Hollywood's social A-list and started giving them what he claimed were miracle injections that worked better than Botox.

    In fact, Serrano was injecting industrial, low-grade silicone similar to what's used to lubricate auto parts in Argentina into the faces of these women. Several women, including Shawn King, Larry's wife, and Diane Richie, Lionel's wife at the time, held injection parties in their homes, with Serrano needling them with the non-FDA approved drug that he had smuggled in to the U.S. He charged between $300 and $500 a pop.

    But wait, it gets worse. Serrano wasn't even a licensed doc in the U.S. The injections caused lumps, paralysis and holes in the faces of some of the women (and some men) he injected.

    Serrano, who was nicknamed Dr. Jiffy Lube, was indicted by the Feds for smuggling drugs, and the conspiracy and use of unapproved drugs. He was convicted, and last week he was released and is currently being investigated by federal immigration officials and could be deported.

    BTW, Diane Richie was also indicted as an accomplice. She pled out and was placed on probation.

    As for Priscilla -- who had no idea she was being injected with silicone -- we're told she's undergoing corrective work.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  43. #443
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Nova, Lisa and everyone else - I live in Tupelo - as a matter of fact, my Mom lived behind the Presleys (their back yards joined. Mom is a lot younger than E, but her older sister remembers him well. When you take you tour, y'all can come on down and stay with me. I live on the opposite end of town from the Birthplace...but it's a small town.

    BTW - it hasn't really been publicized yet, but they just moved his church over to the Birthplace Park. They are restoring it to what it was and will have it opened up in a year or so. Tupelo Hardware (the store Elvis bought his first guitar in) also does Elvis tours.

    I am a HUGE Elvis fan, but can you believe that I've never been to the Birthplace, Graceland, or the Tupelo Hardware tour (I've been there, but have never taken the tour)? And I live in the same city! I really need to get out more.

    And I was the one that was talking about his jumpsuit being a size 34 waist. I'm just telling you what the sign said - I didn't measure it. The reason I remember it is that it jumped out at me the same as you. But then I thought, maybe TV does add a ton of weight. Remind me never to go on TV...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  44. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4

    Talking Elvis-Upstairs photos of Graceland

    Here is a link for pictures of the upstairs of Graceland. Has some awesome pictures of the bathroom. I think they are authentic. Thought Scott might like them if he checks out this post. Love FAD. I'm totally addicted. Keep up the good work.

    http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/

  45. #445
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,418
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_lubo View Post
    Here is a link for pictures of the upstairs of Graceland. Has some awesome pictures of the bathroom. I think they are authentic. Thought Scott might like them if he checks out this post. Love FAD. I'm totally addicted. Keep up the good work.

    http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/
    Thanks and welcome, but we already have a HUGE Elvis thread with that link in there.

    Someone like to merge?

  46. #446
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Aries. New to the site. I didn't know something had already been posted. I just got on a roll looking for Elvis stuff today and came across it.

    Thanks

  47. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the cusp of Memphis and DeSoto Co MS
    Posts
    1,247
    I have a couple of things to add. 1) my cousin's husband owns a plumbing company here and they have the Graceland account. They have done lots of work in "the bathroom" (nothing earth shattering, I know, just info) When the last of Elvis' horses died, they dug the grave with their backhoe.
    2) I work with a guy who is retired from memphis City Police and was the first officer on the scene when elvis was found. He assures me Elvis is really dead.
    Last edited by Auntie Vi; 03-26-2008 at 09:57 AM.

  48. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    I definitely believe he is dead. Who would fake their death by having a heart attack while on the crapper?!!?

    Cool about the plumber. I would love to see the upstairs.

  49. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,861
    Thank you Ms_Lubo the pictures were awesome. I still can't believe it's been so many years ago that he died. All that velour in the house. The 70's velour has never left.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

  50. #450
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    i don't think "E" or anyone else would commit suicide on the commode to be found in the floor with pajamas around their ankles. Red or somebody said there was no note,and "E" would have written a suicide novel if he was going to kill himself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •