Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 1942

Thread: Elvis Presley

  1. #301
    Luffy66 Guest
    Playing Crazy 8's with my mother out on the deck of our camp with the radio on.

  2. #302
    stinkythejokedog Guest
    I was about 19 years old living in Fresno, CA and I was driving home from the dentist and
    the news of his death broke on the radio...I remember exactly where I was

  3. #303
    mgpm Guest
    I was thirteen, and on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. My aunt was a big fan and I remember thinking she'd be upset.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    538
    I was 17 and was at work. That night I went to San Francisco and saw KISS and Cheap Trick at the Cow Palace.

  5. #305
    different kind of girl Guest
    I was one month and a few days old. Incidentally, the same day Elvis died, INXS named themselves INXS. Not that either are at all related, but I threw in my useless trivia for the day.

  6. #306
    MorbidMolly Guest
    I was 14 and just getting in from fishing down the river.....I`ll never forget it was Howard K. Smith and Frank Reynolds on the news at the time.....I`m not ashamed to say I balled like a baby....my mom had every album the man had ever put out, including gospel.....really hit me hard

  7. #307
    Jaxxx Guest
    I was in my kitchen, when my friend Crazy Mary called crying and hysterical, I was sorry he died, I appreciate his music but never a big fan. Once my niece and I was kicked out of Graceland.

  8. #308
    BabyDoll Guest
    What?!? Elvis is dead???

  9. #309
    MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDoll View Post
    What?!? Elvis is dead???

    ROTFLMAO......maybe he is at the neighborhood KFC....

  10. #310
    pinkrose35 Guest
    I was 7 and my mom and I were in the car coming home from I don't recall, it came on the radio all I remember her saying is I can't believe he's dead.

  11. #311
    kelbons Guest
    August 1977... I was not quite four years old! Gosh, it's great to have been too young to remember something... I usually feel so O-L-D!!

  12. #312
    Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I was in my parents living room, when the news came on. I was quite saddened by it.

  13. #313
    AaronVail Guest
    Bouncing up and down in a Jolly Jumper.

  14. #314
    Shano Guest

    Elvis and The Food Network Connection

    Ok so you might know that from other posts that I LOVE Elvis. So when I was watching my other obsession "The Food Network" (if you have never tuned in you really should give it a whirl) and they showed a sneaky peek of the next episode of "Dinner Impossible" I almost fell out of my chair.

    Dinner:Impossible
    Episode IE0210

    Elvis Eats
    Chef Robert arrives at Graceland to receive his challenge from Priscilla Presley. She asked him to dispel the myth that Elvis only ate junk food and make a down home country family-style dinner for 100, of the over 50,000, who have come to Memphis to celebrate Elvis.


    Air Times:
    Nov. 14, 2007
    10:00pm ET/PT

    Nov. 15, 2007
    1:00am ET/PT

    Dec. 23, 2007
    10:30pm ET/PT

    Dec. 24, 2007
    1:30am ET/PT
    Hope you all can tune in!

  15. #315
    Dotty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post

    Also, for anyone familiar with Elvis' vanity and deep concern for his image, if he was going to fake his death he sure as HELL wouldn't have contrived a scenario where he would be found face down in the john with his pajamas around his ankles after having fallen off the can due to a drug induced heart attack.

    IS that the scenario YOU would choose to have the world remember you by??
    This is by far the best argument EVER that Elvis is dead. Makes perfect sense to me.

    I was 17 when he died so missed his him at the peak of his career but have to say that imho he was very over rated.

  16. #316
    Rev.josh Guest

    This would be a neat place to visit for kicks

    I saw this in the Houston Chronicle this morning
    ST. LOUIS ?? A collection of photographs, books and FBI files from The Elvis Is Alive Museum sold for $8,300 on eBay, and the 81-year-old proprietor of the roadside attraction hopes the bidder will carry on his theory that the King never died.
    A man from Laurel, Miss., must make a $500 deposit by the end of the weekend or lose his right to claim the stuff, the museum owner's son said Friday.
    The collection includes a tape recording of what is said to be Elvis Presley's voice made long after the date of his death and piles of documents that are said to be FBI files proving Presley's involvement with federal authorities.
    Bill Beeny, a Baptist minister who founded the quirky museum in 1990, said he sold his memorabilia because he wants to refocus his energy on serving the needy in Warren County and raising money for relief efforts in Darfur.
    Carpenters will begin this weekend to reconfigure the museum, a transformed coin-operated laundry 55 miles west of St. Louis.
    Other items in the collection include replicas of the Cadillac Elvis drove and the casket and gravestone from his 1977 funeral. A poster of the famous photo of President Nixon and Presley from 1970 is also included.
    Beeny's son, Steve, declined to put a value on his father's collection.
    "Value is in the eye of the beholder," he said diplomatically.
    He said Bill Beeny would have liked the museum to stay in the family but all six of his kids "have real life going on."
    "I'm sure there's some regret there," Steve Beeny said. "But he's always been one to look forward and not look back. It's bittersweet. It's kept us entertained through the years."

  17. #317
    GEAUX LSU Guest
    i thought graceland was nice. i too have a picture of his grave his dad's and mom. i agree with everyone else i dont think he would of let lisa marie marry michael jackson either.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,598
    Graceland was awesome. I went there back in 2002 alone, have been trying to tell my wife she needs to go just to see "the Jungle Room" in person. My words could not adequately describe it.

  19. #319
    disco Guest
    When I was an adolescent, I thought Elvis was the greatest entertainer in the world. I call this my "Blue Hawaii" period. I accept his status as the "King" but, I simply outgrew Elvis thought I still watch some of his movies. By the way lisa marriage to michael jackson that was bizarre, probably a good thing they didnt have no kids.
    Last edited by disco; 11-10-2007 at 09:38 PM.

  20. #320
    SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    When I was an adolescent, I thought Elvis was the greatest entertainer in the world. I call this my "Blue Hawaii" period. I accept his status as the "King" but, I simply outgrew Elvis thought I still watch some of his movies. By the way lisa marriage to michael jackson that was bizarre, probably a good thing they didnt have no kids.
    OMG. Could u imagine if they had kids.. ::shiver::

  21. #321
    Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    OMG. Could u imagine if they had kids.. ::shiver::
    IMO the only reason why Jackson married Presley was to "throw people off" and an attempt at stopping the rumors that he likes little boys. By getting married to Presley and knowing the media would make a big deal about it ( they did ), I am sure Jackson believed that people would say "...hey this dude married a woman, no way could he be a child molester !!".
    Ah Michael....what about the millions of children of both sexes who are sexually abused every year by those who ARE married and often with kids of their own?

    After all timing supports this. It wasn't all that long AFTER Jackson paid off that little boy's family in order for him to keep their mouths shut that he married Lisa Marie.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 11-13-2007 at 08:38 PM.

  22. #322
    Katie Guest
    She has often hinted that he would help her with her singing career. I think maybe it was a business arrangement.

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,648
    Lisa has been very frank in stating that Michael promised her a record deal and it fell through. When it did, there was no longer a reason to "play along". Her Daddy must have been spinning in his grave! Aye Yi Yi!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

  24. #324
    I posted this on the sinatra thread so i thought i would post it here....but "man that was pretty" (elvis and sinatra sing love me tender/witchcraft)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAHDq...eature=related

  25. #325
    Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post
    I saw this in the Houston Chronicle this morning
    ST. LOUIS ?? A collection of photographs, books and FBI files from The Elvis Is Alive Museum sold for $8,300 on eBay, and the 81-year-old proprietor of the roadside attraction hopes the bidder will carry on his theory that the King never died.
    A man from Laurel, Miss., must make a $500 deposit by the end of the weekend or lose his right to claim the stuff, the museum owner's son said Friday.
    The collection includes a tape recording of what is said to be Elvis Presley's voice made long after the date of his death and piles of documents that are said to be FBI files proving Presley's involvement with federal authorities.
    Bill Beeny, a Baptist minister who founded the quirky museum in 1990, said he sold his memorabilia because he wants to refocus his energy on serving the needy in Warren County and raising money for relief efforts in Darfur.
    Carpenters will begin this weekend to reconfigure the museum, a transformed coin-operated laundry 55 miles west of St. Louis.
    Other items in the collection include replicas of the Cadillac Elvis drove and the casket and gravestone from his 1977 funeral. A poster of the famous photo of President Nixon and Presley from 1970 is also included.
    Beeny's son, Steve, declined to put a value on his father's collection.
    "Value is in the eye of the beholder," he said diplomatically.
    He said Bill Beeny would have liked the museum to stay in the family but all six of his kids "have real life going on."
    "I'm sure there's some regret there," Steve Beeny said. "But he's always been one to look forward and not look back. It's bittersweet. It's kept us entertained through the years."
    I have been to this museum twice...hope the buyer keeps it going.

  26. #326
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    I definitely agree with you that he's definitely dead...I haven't actually met anyone yet who truly believes that he is alive still, but they must be out there!
    They definitely are out there.....

    Quote Originally Posted by dailyvault View Post
    As much as I believe that Elvis is dead, the picture of Elvis in his coffin almost looks like it is a painting. The image just doesn't seem lifelike (well, okay, deathlike), and seems like it's got too much softness to it. The link to the photo on the Enquirer front page looks a little more lifelike, but something still just doesn't seem right.

    There has to be someone else who got shots of Elvis in the box who could verify how Elvis looked.
    Elvis looked like he did because he'd laid on his face so long...and because the family had requested that he be made to look like he did in the 1950s.


    Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post
    I also agree, he's dead. That picture, to me, made him look a lot younger than he should have. I know they can do a lot with makeup to cover up tons of things after death but still, he was a lot heavier at that point too.
    I was talking/IM'ing with a friend of mine who spoke with one of the four people who embalmed Elvis and they said that Elvis looks like he does/did in the coffin because the family had asked them to have him look like he did in the 1950s...a strange request, if you ask me.


    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    I understand Elvis was supposed to leave on tour that very day and go up to Portland,Maine. I'll bet those tickets for the "shows that never were" cost a fortune on Ebay!
    I've never seen those tickets for sale anywhere on Ebay in all the years since Elvis's death...


    Quote Originally Posted by MPetro108 View Post
    As long as you pay, I'm sure Joe will be more than happy to talk
    You can say that again....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post
    All I want is autopsy photos.......
    The autopsy photos were either destroyed or have disappeared...


    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I wish they would open the upstairs to see where Elvis bit the dust!!

    I don't think that will ever happen though!

    I hear they are changing graceland...hope they don't ruin it??
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    The changes that are planned will not affect the Mansion or the immediate grounds...they are planning changes to the plaza, hotel and corporate office areas...
    You are correct. So many people are making this change to Graceland seem to be bigger than it actually is....

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping they wouldn't touch the inside of the house. I am hoping to take a tour one day.

    At least they keep the downstairs as it was in 1977!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    He just looked way to young in his coffin.
    Read my reply above....

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    If I am not mistaken, "Elvis-What Happened?" was written by Red and Sonny West and came out the day he died, I believe.
    No, it was released on August 1, 1977...nearly fifteen days before Elvis's death.

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    I also read that he looked "funny" in his casket b/c of rigor mortis. I did see the pic. His nose had been smushed into the carpet for hours (because he landed face-down) before anyone found him. I'm guessing it's kind of hard to fix that at the funeral home. But he did look rather "un-bloated" to be so big when he flew home to Jesus. The pic didn't allow you to see down further into the casket; just the top part of his face. But I thought that was weird, too. Is the former funeral home worker reading this? Any answers? :-)

    Elvis's funeral director, the late Robert Kendall, kept notes from the funeral and they were published in a book by Robert Holton titled, "The King Is Dead". Mr. Kendall passed away in 1994.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 12-22-2007 at 07:53 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  27. #327
    Scatter Guest
    [quote=Rev.josh;12103]
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger View Post
    I don't need to see any autospy report. quote]

    Personally I would like to see a full report.

    I think after all these years of rumors, scandal, and speculation they put an end to the debate.

    2 ways,to put an end to all doubt.

    1. release autospy report, with photos

    2. dig him up and lets do a DNA test on the body.

    That would end all doubt.

    I think if he didnt fake his death I would be surpised (for the reasons listed above).

    Do I think he lives in middle America and visits Burger King in his white jump suit? heck No!

    But living in a foreign land, could be possible.

    The Last song, of the last concert....When you read the words it is very strange...when you understand he would be "dead" in 2 months:

    And now the end is near
    So I face the final curtain
    My friend, Ill say it clear
    Ill state my case of which Im certain

    Ive lived a life thats full
    Ive traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way

    One more weird fact about this last song, last concert....he read the words because he didnt know the song by memory.
    That wasn't the last song of the last concert. In fact, Elvis never ended a concert with "My Way", but he did it in nearly every concert the last 2 years of his life, and quite frequently before that. And Elvis had been reading the words to that song for years. Nothing to see here folks.......move along.

  28. #328
    Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    If that room had been left intact and untouched it would have to be the funkiest, nastiest, dirtiest room ever. Imagine layers of dust, mold, etc that would have accumulated unless it was hermetically sealed or seriously temp controlled - lolol

    Seriously, the ostentatious gaudiness does seem in step with the style/taste of Elvis. But these pics seem older, and have Linda Thompson in them. When did they miraculously surface ? Or could they be Photoshopped, or altered with some other technology. I don't believe it was stated that Nic Cage gets credit for the photos.....so.....where and when did these photos pop up ??? Seems to me if they were authentic, someone would have sold them for BIG BUCKS to a magazine or other media venue - lets face it - ya just gotta wonder ??
    The photos were taken by Linda Thompson's friend Robin, a former Miss Rhode Island. They are legitimate. Robin is actually selling prints of them now.

  29. #329
    Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Did anyone ever notice how young elvis looks in the pic in the casket. I mean he had like a "triple chin" and was grossly overweight but in the pic he looks like he is in his 20's!!!!!!

    When you think of the early movies he did the face seems to fit that era!!

    Look at the pic and let me know what you think?
    Those pics are genuine. They were taken by Elvis cousin Billy Mann with a little spy camera he was given by the Enquirer, and for which he was paid 50 grand. Mann had stolen from Elvis before, so no surprise there.

    The reason the face looks odd is because the pics (there are actually at least 2 of them) were extensively retouched because Billy was such an inept ass he couldn't even leech off his dead cousin properly.

    There was quite a bit of airbrushing and retouching. Add that to the fact that the water weight would have subsided (Elvis' colon problems were treated with drugs that caused retention) and the nose being crushed by lying on his face for hours in the carpet, and you can see why they look off a bit. But it's definitely Elvis.

  30. #330
    itsintheeyes Guest
    Love Graceland! Good memories! The Chinese buffet across the street is the shit, while the Taco Bell up the street will give you the runs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvisgrave.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	2745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvissidewalk.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	444.8 KB 
ID:	2746  

  31. #331
    lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    To to clear up a few misconceptions upthread:

    The photo in question was taken by Bobby Mann, Elvis's cousin, at the Graceland Mansion in his casket the day before the funeral. He sold it to the National Enquirer for $78,000. The photo was untouched when it was first published.

    On the day he died, Elvis was an exhausted, puffy 275 pound caricature of his former self who suffered from an enlarged heart, glaucoma, hypertension, chronic water retention, severe constipation, and a 20-year dependency on prescription drugs.

    The reason Elvis looked so thin in the casket was during the autopsy a lot of water and other misc. post-mortum goo was drained from his body giving his corpse a slimming effect.
    I have worked in the death field for quite a few years and I was an autopsy tech for part of that time (I'm now a death investigator) and I have never heard of a body being "drained" of water or any "post-mortum goo" I can not even imagine how such a thing would be accomplished. I was wondering where you got this information?

    On other notes, my Dad was/is a HUGE fan of Elvis and named me after Lisa Marie (she is three months older than I) and I have been to Graceland a few times (IT STINKS in there!) I was disappointed in the house.

    I think Priscilla Presley was one of the most beautiful women ever (she looks hideous now with the surgery she has had done) but a lot of what she said and did during her time with Elvis is lies. She was not "innocent" at all when she met him when she was 14.

    As far as Linda Thompson goes, she left him because she was tired of taking care of him. She might have loved him, but she left him when he was at his worst. She did marry Bruce Jenner (gross) and have a couple of kids with him and now Bruce of course is married to that Kris Kardashian woman who has that nasty Kim as her daughter. Bruce also has a couple of kids with his first wife before Linda. A lot to keep track of!

    For the record also, Elvis most likely did die of heart disease, making his death natural causes. In order for the ME to rule his death drug related, he would have had to had a toxic amount of the prescriptions in his blood at the time of his death and he probably did not. His heart surely could have been weakened by the prescription medications, but more than that it was his weight, his family history (look at the size of his mother) his diet and lack of exercise. There was no coverup. Everyone knows he was addicted to prescription drugs, but if he did not have a lethal dose in his blood at the time of death and he DID have CAD (Coronary artery disease) (clogged arteries) and an enlarged heart, that would be his cause of death, and the manner would be natural.

    No matter what, he is still the King and will live on forever.

  32. #332
    itsintheeyes Guest
    The house was kind of small and modest (I expected grand and stately), but it had its charm. It was crowded and the second floor is off limits. There is no flash photography allowed inside and you are not able to stay in one room long (you're ushered in a line all the way through). Oh, and the gates are closed most of the day, because tour buses are constantly going in and out. So, you can't really get a good shot in front of them until they close up after-hours. This was a sweet bonus, because we were just passing through Memphis. Next time, I would like to go to the Civil Rights Museum.
    Last edited by itsintheeyes; 01-07-2008 at 11:12 PM.

  33. #333
    lisalouver Guest
    I went to the civil rights museum the last time I was in Memphis. It's worth the trip. I was born a month after King was killed and seeing his hotel room really is something. The Lorraine Motel....check it out!

  34. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    384
    Elvis Presley was the sexiest man who ever lived in the 68 comeback special in his head to toe leather..YOWZERS!!!!!!!!

    Was so sad what he turned into......

  35. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Those pics are genuine. They were taken by Elvis cousin Billy Mann with a little spy camera he was given by the Enquirer, and for which he was paid 50 grand. Mann had stolen from Elvis before, so no surprise there.

    The reason the face looks odd is because the pics (there are actually at least 2 of them) were extensively retouched because Billy was such an inept ass he couldn't even leech off his dead cousin properly.

    There was quite a bit of airbrushing and retouching. Add that to the fact that the water weight would have subsided (Elvis' colon problems were treated with drugs that caused retention) and the nose being crushed by lying on his face for hours in the carpet, and you can see why they look off a bit. But it's definitely Elvis.

    Sadly, yes those pics are genuine. Here's the actual pic that was taken on the night of 8/17/77 by Billy Mann, Sr. and the "retouched" photo that appeared on the front of the NE and an article from the 25th anniversary of the National Enquirer showing what exactly was retouched and a drawing by a NE artist that wasn't used:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elvis Casket Photos 001.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	2751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elvis Casket Photos 004.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	2752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elvis Casket Photos 005.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	2753  
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  36. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,648
    Happy Birthday, Elvis. We still love you and wish you were here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

  37. #337
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,266

    Happy Birthday

    Happy Birthday to The King! Gone,but NEVER forgotten!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  38. #338
    TNpuck Guest
    In honor of the King, I shall make my way to the throne!

  39. #339
    SlippyInvader Guest
    Happy Birthday Elvis! You are always on my mind x

  40. #340
    lisalouver Guest
    Happy Birthday Elvis!!

    He would have been 73 today.

    We miss you.

  41. #341
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,648
    I just finished the book "Linda, Elvis and Me" by Jeanne LeMay. She was the one who took the pics of the upstairs at Graceland. Pretty good stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

  42. #342
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    The house was kind of small and modest (I expected grand and stately), but it had its charm. It was crowded and the second floor is off limits. There is no flash photography allowed inside and you are not able to stay in one room long (you're ushered in a line all the way through). Oh, and the gates are closed most of the day, because tour buses are constantly going in and out. So, you can't really get a good shot in front of them until they close up after-hours. This was a sweet bonus, because we were just passing through Memphis. Next time, I would like to go to the Civil Rights Museum.
    Better yet - try the Rock and Roll Museum off Beale St. It's one of the best museums I've seen (has a lot of Elvis in it as well - naturally). It's well within walking distance of Sun Studios. Look for the Fed-Ex Forum. It's right beside it.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  43. #343
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    Elvis Presley was the sexiest man who ever lived in the 68 comeback special in his head to toe leather..YOWZERS!!!!!!!!
    Truer words have never been spoken!!!!!!!!! <high 5>
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  44. #344
    tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    I enjoyed the grounds of Graceland much better than the house b/c of all the shoving and the rushing... they certainly make their money on those tours.

  45. #345
    sassie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I think Priscilla Presley was one of the most beautiful women ever (she looks hideous now with the surgery she has had done) but a lot of what she said and did during her time with Elvis is lies. She was not "innocent" at all when she met him when she was 14.
    Sorry, but the only person alive who can say whether she was innocent or not with certainty is Priscilla Presley. Not saying you are wrong...but you also can't state that she was lying as fact because you have no way of knowing.

    And, yeah, she does look hideous now.

  46. #346
    lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sassie View Post
    Sorry, but the only person alive who can say whether she was innocent or not with certainty is Priscilla Presley. Not saying you are wrong...but you also can't state that she was lying as fact because you have no way of knowing.

    And, yeah, she does look hideous now.
    There is more than one person who has verified that she slept with men to get to Elvis when she was 14. A book has even been written on it.

    Unless Priscilla wants to sue me, I can say it.

  47. #347
    kid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    What are your thoughs on the death of Elvis? Scott did a great job with his entry on him on the site, but I'd like to know what people think. I happen to adore the man and was only seven when he died, but knew it was a big deal.
    We're all in agreeance that he's dead, right?
    My reply is on this link.

    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...5&postcount=20

  48. #348
    kid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sassie View Post
    Sorry, but the only person alive who can say whether she was innocent or not with certainty is Priscilla Presley. Not saying you are wrong...but you also can't state that she was lying as fact because you have no way of knowing.

    And, yeah, she does look hideous now.
    This pic of Priszilla Presley was taken last month at the Led Zeppelin reunion concert. I think she uses Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon.



  49. #349
    lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kid View Post
    This pic of Priszilla Presley was taken last month at the Led Zeppelin reunion concert. I think she uses Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon.


    UGH. Why do they do it to themselves?

    That shit is scarey. She is hideous and this pic actually frightened me.

    She used to be sooooo beautiful.

  50. #350
    OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    Took the Graceland tour and loved every minute of it. Have to admit I had a kind of eerie feeling when I first walked in..as soon as you walk in you see the stairs leading to his bedroom, the dining room on the left and the living room to the right. The tour of the house was cool....till we went outside where he and his parents were buried. Again that eerie feeling..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •