Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I always attributed that to the fuzziness of the picture - and the fact that it was probably taken with a little camera - and snapped very quickly. They also probably made him up as best they could to fit the young and sexy Elvis.....?
    They must of did a damn good job! I am sure he is dead but I always wondered about that picture!

Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger Guest
    there's no real mystery about those bedroom pictures or the state of the bedroom today. I sense all sorts of conspiracy theories etc. developing on this thread. Those pictures are from the collection of Linda Thompson and were taken by her girlfriend a couple of years before Elvis died. A few of the other photos are screenshots from the Elvis movie that came out in 81 or 82. These pictures have been around for a long time. Nicholas Cage was able to sit on the bed because the furniture is still there. Most, if not all, of the belongings and other items have been removed and put into storage. No mystery there.

bulldog0728 Guest
    joe esposito has commented on the elvis casket pic stating that elvis looked the way he did due to the rigor mortis that had set in before he was found. they broke teeth out of his mouth trying to revive him.

Here's what Elvis' grave looked like in July when I visited...

"Me and a Guy Named Elvis" by Jerry Schilling is sweet. Jerry really loved E and wants to protect his memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    "Me and a Guy Named Elvis" by Jerry Schilling is sweet. Jerry really loved E and wants to protect his memory.
    Now if you read the book "Elvis what happened" he was a weird dude. I think the book first came out just before Elvis died!

HETFIELD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Did anyone ever notice how young elvis looks in the pic in the casket. I mean he had like a "triple chin" and was grossly overweight but in the pic he looks like he is in his 20's!!!!!!

When you think of the early movies he did the face seems to fit that era!!

Look at the pic and let me know what you think?
    he weighed 250. thats not grossly overweight for someone 6'0. Grossly overweight is like 350.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HETFIELD View Post
    he weighed 250. thats not grossly overweight for someone 6'0. Grossly overweight is like 350.
    In medical terms being 6 feet and weighting 250 lbs he was grossly overweight! Thats how I meant it in medical terms.

I still can't figure out how they got his head to shrink?

He just looked way to young in his coffin.

atlantis Guest
    If I am not mistaken, "Elvis-What Happened?" was written by Red and Sonny West and came out the day he died, I believe. But Elvis received a copy of it before it was released to the public and was able to read it. He was very upset about it and supposedly said "what is my baby girl going to think of her daddy when she reads this?"

I also read that he looked "funny" in his casket b/c of rigor mortis. I did see the pic. His nose had been smushed into the carpet for hours (because he landed face-down) before anyone found him. I'm guessing it's kind of hard to fix that at the funeral home. But he did look rather "un-bloated" to be so big when he flew home to Jesus. The pic didn't allow you to see down further into the casket; just the top part of his face. But I thought that was weird, too. Is the former funeral home worker reading this? Any answers? :-)

I think Jerry Schilling is sweet, too. I always thought he was handsome. He was married to one of the Sweet Inspirations. He was a little afraid that Elvis would say something b/c they were an interracial couple (him-white her-black). But he said all he said was "you two are going to need a house. Let's go pick one out". He said Elvis never said one word about it. Jerry still lives in that house today. I think it's in L.A. but I could be wrong.

A lot of people think Elvis was racist but I honestly don't believe that. Even the Sweet Inspirations swore up and down he wasn't (not long ago) and they are all black AND worked with him for years. There is a line in a Public Enemy song claiming he was but I don't think he had that in him. I'm not saying he wasn't a bastard at times, just not racist. People were prejudiced against him as a child (b/c he was supposedly "poor white trash from the black side of Tupelo")and it caused him great pain. I don't think he would do that to others.

atlantis Guest
    Holy crap...I just looked at the thread with pics of upstairs at Graceland. I think I just peed myself. I shivered and shook while looking at them, especially the bathroom. And those padded double doors with the Jesus statue beside it tripped me out. What I wouldn't give OR do to get up there....

Rev.josh Guest
    In medical terms being 6 feet and weighting 250 lbs he was grossly overweight! Thats how I meant it in medical terms.

I still can't figure out how they got his head to shrink?

He just looked way to young in his coffin.
    This pic was not taken in a hurry, it was taken by a family member.

However, I have heard the family member "dotored" the pic before they sold it to the magazine company.

But even with "doctoring" whoever or whatever that is in the coffin pic still looks like an early 1960's Elvis.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Look, folks, the facts are these....

Elvis is still alive.

I know. I've seen him. He's working at my local pizza where he works until about midnight before disappearing into the night. Rumour has it he has a mistress living on the edge of town. A beautiful, mysterious lady who arrived there sometime in 1997 and who keeps herself to herself.
    We think her name is Princess Diana or something. But I'll have to check on that with the local garage owner, Jim Morrison. He knows all about these things, you see........

I once road the bus with Howard Hughes daughter! This was years ago...she was the local crazy lady in our neighborhood.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    To to clear up a few misconceptions upthread:

The photo in question was taken by Bobby Mann, Elvis's cousin, at the Graceland Mansion in his casket the day before the funeral. He sold it to the National Enquirer for $78,000. The photo was untouched when it was first published.

On the day he died, Elvis was an exhausted, puffy 275 pound caricature of his former self who suffered from an enlarged heart, glaucoma, hypertension, chronic water retention, severe constipation, and a 20-year dependency on prescription drugs.

The reason Elvis looked so thin in the casket was during the autopsy a lot of water and other misc. post-mortum goo was drained from his body giving his corpse a slimming effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    The reason Elvis looked so thin in the casket was during the autopsy a lot of water and other misc. post-mortum goo was drained from his body giving his corpse a slimming effect.
    Sort of a "post-death" lipo?

Elvisnews.com

Hi gang...if you love Elvis as much as I do...and I know you do...join Elvisnews.com! They send daily Elvis updates and are THE quintissential Elvis site. It's run by a couple of devoted fans who I believe are out of the Netherlands. Have a looksee..you'll like it!

Great site...gotta love the King. Just recently, I made an Elvis Pound Cake, supposedly from a recipe that he enjoyed.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

I love that picture with Bert and Elvis..oh, and Nixon! Elvis would have gotten a kick out of it, too!
    I just found out that TCB really stood for The Cherry Busters. He liked inside jokes like that. I read that in June Juanico's book. Have you read it? I'd be more than happy to send it off to anyone who hasn't.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post
    For a guy who is 26 and became obessed with the "death" of Elvis at age 8-9 those pics were a dream come true.

Incredible, whatever you believe about this man (alive or dead) you have to love these pics, especially the one of his vanity area!
    The bathroom suite pics cost Dick Grob (former Elvis security guard) his job. He snapped photos all through the mansion and got caught selling them by Elvis' dad Vernon.Grob is a genuine POS completely outside this episode as well.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.josh View Post
    For a guy who is 26 and became obessed with the "death" of Elvis at age 8-9 those pics were a dream come true.

Incredible, whatever you believe about this man (alive or dead) you have to love these pics, especially the one of his vanity area!
    BTW Josh..........Elvis is stone dead. The man who prepared the body for burial,who buried Elvis' mom after preparing her body in 1958, recently had his memoirs published posthumously by Robert Holton through his widow.

Dead men have no agenda. Dead men's wives like money..........which a conspiracy would have generated. The coroner of Memphis had his sideman Mike Warnock(??? Name slips me) at the autopsy. Mike also has no axe to grind and could have generated some serious bucks for himself with a conspiracy. He says it was certainly Elvis on that slab as well.

You can't keep the silence for 30 years with the enormous number of people who were involved, and who have shown themselves more than willing to say whatever it takes to generate cash.

He's dead..........sadly so.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    Yeah, I know...EP Blvd was always scary at night when I was there and seems to be bad at all hours of the day now...but Jack Soden is serious about turning around that area, at least north to the I-55 interchange, so that the fans wont feel threatened when they come...from what I understand, they now own a couple of the apartment complexes in the area and have a very strict no tolerance lease clauses on drugs and crime and are trying to get the riff raff out of the area...
    They have the cash to do it...........Whitehaven will be reclaimed. As for the location of Graceland, it was VERY different and rural in 1957 when Elvis bought it. Highway 51 was only 2 lanes each way. Sadly, the 13.8 acres Graceland sits on today could have been expanded almost indefinitely back then for almost nothing. Elvis never had the foresight to do it.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    If that room had been left intact and untouched it would have to be the funkiest, nastiest, dirtiest room ever. Imagine layers of dust, mold, etc that would have accumulated unless it was hermetically sealed or seriously temp controlled - lolol

Seriously, the ostentatious gaudiness does seem in step with the style/taste of Elvis. But these pics seem older, and have Linda Thompson in them. When did they miraculously surface ? Or could they be Photoshopped, or altered with some other technology. I don't believe it was stated that Nic Cage gets credit for the photos.....so.....where and when did these photos pop up ??? Seems to me if they were authentic, someone would have sold them for BIG BUCKS to a magazine or other media venue - lets face it - ya just gotta wonder ??
    The pics are from a friend of Linda's friend Robin (then Miss Rhode Island) and Elvis security buffoon Dick Grob. They ARE authentic, and Grob's WERE sold to the Enquirer. That cost him his job.

The photos (3) of Elvis in his coffin are ALSO completely authentic (though retouched due to poor quality). The Enquirer gave a spy camera to Billy Mann (Elvis' cousin) and he took the photos reportedly for 50K.

The Enquirer nearly didn't need Billy Mann at all, since when Elvis was wheeled into the morgue at Baptist Memorial Hospital on August 16, 1977,they had a reporter already INSIDE the morgue under a sheet on a gurney along with the other toe taggers.

Sam Thompson (Linda's brother, a security aide for Elvis, now a circuit court judge and a standup guy) was posted outside the morgue to secure the body. Before he left the room he noticed slight movement under one of the "dead" guys,pulled back the cover and found the Enquirer reporter with camera in hand.

Remember the anthrax scare a few yearsago where the National Enquirer offices in Lantana, Florida were infected and one worker died?? That guy that died was the guy who retouched the Elvis coffin photos in 1977.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    Yes, I am a former employee and I've only made two statements about the staircase 1. they dont use the front staircase to access the upstairs when someone goes up there and 2. that the staircase cannot withstand all the traffic and that is one of the reasons the upstairs was never opened...when standing at the bottom of the stair case and look up the door that leads off to the left goes to the staircase into the kitchen -
    This is accurate.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    Seems I do remember that. Is that the one where they showed that photo - supposedly taken of Elvis through a doorway - it was all dark and shadowy - and they claimed it was him taken like 10 years after his death? You could see the outline of a man and that Gail chick said it was Elvis.
    That entire Giorgoi book and the Bill Bixby special were proven fraudulent. So much so that ANOTHER special (part 2) was aired disproving all the claims of the first one.

The tape Giorgio provided of the supposed phone convo with Elvis after death was done by an impersonator who came forward on TV a few years later wielding a signed contract for his voice-over services by Giorgio.

Scatter Guest
    Did anyone ever notice how young elvis looks in the pic in the casket. I mean he had like a "triple chin" and was grossly overweight but in the pic he looks like he is in his 20's!!!!!!

The body is drained of fluid, the internal organs were missing, the vocal cords were removed..........most of Elvis'weight was water due to the cortisone he took, and that would subside markedly after death.

And the "pug nose" that folks claim didn't look like Elvis in the coffin photos?? Well,Elvis had spent the better part of 5 hours on his face in the dressing suite dead. The nose was mashed. In fact, so sensitive is the nose (because of all the cartilage) to being deformed by weight of ANY kind after death, morticians pull up the sheet covering the body into a sort of tent over the nose. Even the weight of the sheet will deform the nose after death. How much did 5 hours laying nose down in that shag carpet do??

Further proof he's dead. Had anyone made a wax figure for the coffin (as the conspiracists claim), the nose would have been aqualine and perfect as Elvis' nose was in life. The mashed nose couldn't have been anticipated.

Also, for anyone familiar with Elvis' vanity and deep concern for his image, if he was going to fake his death he sure as HELL wouldn't have contrived a scenario where he would be found face down in the john with his pajamas around his ankles after having fallen off the can due to a drug induced heart attack.

IS that the scenario YOU would choose to have the world remember you by??

RoRo Guest
    Lol Scatter I doubt the King would have wanted to fake his death by falling off the terlet myself!!! I am currently reading Nickel Dreams, Tanya Tuckers book and she went to the funeral...she says in her book that his face and hands appeared plastic and that she wondered why they didn't bury hm in one of his stage suits and not a "cheap polyester baby blue suit"..I've often wondered that myself...the suit did look cheap compared to what he was known for wearing

Rev.josh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Lol Scatter I doubt the King would have wanted to fake his death by falling off the terlet myself!!! I am currently reading Nickel Dreams, Tanya Tuckers book and she went to the funeral...she says in her book that his face and hands appeared plastic and that she wondered why they didn't bury hm in one of his stage suits and not a "cheap polyester baby blue suit"..I've often wondered that myself...the suit did look cheap compared to what he was known for wearing
    WoW, Plastic hands. I have seen that many times.

(I preside over hundreds of funerals) That plastic hands look is weird.....I hate that appearence.

Man, reading Tanya Tucker's quotes make me wish I had been there even more......

RoRo Guest
    BTW here is the medical examiners report on Elvis
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/elvisme1.html

Rev.josh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    BTW Josh..........Elvis is stone dead. The man who prepared the body for burial,who buried Elvis' mom after preparing her body in 1958, recently had his memoirs published posthumously by Robert Holton through his widow.

Dead men have no agenda. Dead men's wives like money..........which a conspiracy would have generated. The coroner of Memphis had his sideman Mike Warnock(??? Name slips me) at the autopsy. Mike also has no axe to grind and could have generated some serious bucks for himself with a conspiracy. He says it was certainly Elvis on that slab as well.

You can't keep the silence for 30 years with the enormous number of people who were involved, and who have shown themselves more than willing to say whatever it takes to generate cash.

He's dead..........sadly so.
    I really appeciate your words and the thought put into them.....But I would still like to see some photos of that body...anything...I mean we even have photos of Prez Kennedy...why cant we see the one's of Big E?

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I love that picture with Bert and Elvis..oh, and Nixon! Elvis would have gotten a kick out of it, too!
    I just found out that TCB really stood for The Cherry Busters. He liked inside jokes like that. I read that in June Juanico's book. Have you read it? I'd be more than happy to send it off to anyone who hasn't.
    I have the t-shirt with Elvis and Nixon on it. Underneath the photo it says "We're Dead!" and on the back it says "really, really dead!".

magblax Guest

"On the eve of what would have been the 70th birthday of Elvis Presley, scientists have created a computer-generated image of how the King would have looked today if he were still alive."

Die Young Stay Pretty ...

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post

"On the eve of what would have been the 70th birthday of Elvis Presley, scientists have created a computer-generated image of how the King would have looked today if he were still alive."

Wow, he would look like Harvey Kietel!

Rev.josh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post

I love those kinds of pics....neat stuff...makes me wish I could get one done of me

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Wow, he would look like Harvey Kietel!
    LoL

I can definitely see him looking like this at 80.

â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

That one makes him look kind of Carrol o' Connerish. Elvis is still the sexiest man "not" alive. Oh, that voice....I'd let him beg me!!!

atlantis Guest

Elvis at 80 pics

You know, I've always had a hard time trying to figure out what Elvis would look like at 80 and what he would be doing. I keep coming up blank. IMHO, Elvis was never meant to be here past the age of 42. He wasn't meant to be pictured at 80. I know there are lots of things he could have done to improve his chances of making it to 80. But....we all know he didn't.

From what I have read, he was very interested in retiring from singing and becoming a minister. He felt he had a strong desire to teach and lead people in a way other than singing, although he was very aware that his singing was changing lives all over the world. He was as close as one could be to his gospel music. I believe that meant more to him than all the other stuff.

Anyway, just my thoughts I'm sharing with all my hag buddies!

TNpuck Guest
    Elvis was one of those "I'll never forget what I was doing when I heard...". I was on the swingset, went inside and saw my mother crying at the kitchen table and my father trying to console her. The radio was playing and said something to the effect of "Here's another song by the late Elvis Presley..."

I asked my dad what "late" meant and he told me that Elvis had died. What followed was about a year of Elvis obsession by my parents, culminating in us visiting Graceland sometime in 1978, when all you could do is walk by the pool. I think he was already buried there so I got to see his grave, which really didn't mean much, I just thought it was a big plaque.

I remember my dad watching the "last" concert and talking about how great his voice was. I told him he sounded like a fat opera singer and I nearly got grounded for life!

He did though...

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    Elvis was one of those "I'll never forget what I was doing when I heard...". I was on the swingset, went inside and saw my mother crying at the kitchen table and my father trying to console her. The radio was playing and said something to the effect of "Here's another song by the late Elvis Presley..."

I was at a Safeway when I heard Elvis had died. The checkers were all crying. I remember hearing one of them saying that her husband had gotten tickets to his Roanoke, VA show, one of the many that was cancelled after his death.

The weird part of this when I heard that John Lennon, John Belushi, Ricky Nelson, Lucille Ball, Gilda Radner, Johnny Cash & John Ritter ( who died more/less the same day ) and former President Ford had died, I first heard the news of their passing at a supermarket.

John Lennon: Grand Union
    John Belushi: A&P
    Ricky Nelson: Kroger
    Lucille Ball: Albertsons
    Radner: King Soopers
    Cash & Ritter: Food Lion
    Ford: Wal-Mart SuperCenter

atlantis Guest
    I was 6 years old playing behind the couch on Aug. 16, 1977. Out of nowhere, I heard awful screaming. That was my mom losing her shit when she heard the news (by radio, I think) Then I heard footstomps up the stairs and the slamming of a door. She locked herself in her room totally hysterical and wouldn't come out. Luckily, her sister was there to keep an eye on me and my 7 month old brother while my mom came unglued. My dad even came home from work b/c he knew my mom would be devastated. She was (he was, too, for that matter). People kept calling our house to see if she was okay. I didn't know what in the hell was going on. She is the reason I love E so much today. I was listening to him while I was still in her womb. I can't imagine what it was like for her to hear that he was dead. I still bawl like a baby every year during August when they play all the Elvis stuff. This past August, I wore myself out during the week of the 16th. I honestly had no more tears left in me and my husband insisted I stop watching all the Elvis movies and documentaries and concerts on tv. I was just too upset. But I said NO, this only happens once a year and in the end, it makes me feel better.

Ta-ta for now

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post
    I lived in Memphis for 3 months about 18 years ago. Drove past Graceland everyday going to and from work but, never went in. Wish I would have.

It always amazed me that Graceland sits on a 4 lane road very near a shopping center and there is a gift shop(store) across the street with one of Elvis' planes in the parking lot.

i heard they r building a theme park on the property behind graceland, that would b kinda cheezy i think.

Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger Guest
    I just heard on the news that the Malibu Castle (a well-known landmark) burned down and that it had the largest collection of valuable Elvis possessions outside of Graceland. Too bad. I wonder what they had though.

Actually, All...

When Elvis was at his heavest (jumpsuit era), he wore a 34 waist pants. This man was TINY. Yes, he became overweight - for him. But not really so for our day today.

The Rock and Roll Museum in Memphis (over by the Fed Ex Dome) has one of his white Vegas jumpsuits in there. It was a little bitty ole' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    People were prejudiced against him as a child (b/c he was supposedly "poor white trash from the black side of Tupelo")and it caused him great pain. I don't think he would do that to others.
    LOL!!! If that is the black side of Tupelo, I really need to go tell my Mom. She grew up next door to Elvis' house! You are right on it being the po' side of Tupelo (it was so poor, they couldn't afford the "or" on the end). But it was all racially intermingled. I will say that they were better off than Shakerag. That the "sho 'nuff po' side of Tupelo (or was). That was were the dump was and folks lived there until the tornado of 1920-something came through and killed them all - along with about 400 more of our fine, upstanding residents.

I will agree that Tupelo "looked down" on Elvis the short time he was here. Vernon was run out of town in the middle of the night for passing bad checks. That's how they landed in Memphis. It was either that, or Vernon was getting sent down to Parchman. He ended up there anyway, but I guess he was free a while longer.

We have many Presleys still here that are all related to Elvis...

atlantis Guest
    no harm meant by what I said :-)

BamaDeathHag Guest

Talking Want to read a gret Elvis book?

Hi fellow death hags! I was just reading through all the Elvis posts here and thought i'd make a suggestion. I have read just about every Elvis book ever wrote and to me the most informative, interesting one is Elvis Aaron Presley by Alannah Nash; the one she wrote with Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker, and Elvis' cousin, Billy Smith. The book will make you laugh, cry, and wonder. I have been to Graceland twice and it is a very interesting place. I do believe he is dead and I do agree that you can feel his presence there. But it would be way cool to get upstairs. The last time i went i was standing in front of the staircase and i told my hubby i was going to run up the stairs, lol. He laughed at me and told me i was crazy and said that if i did that, he would pretend like he didn't know me, lol. Can't you see that on a arrest record? Arrested for trying to get into Elvis' bedroom, lol.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDeathHag View Post
    Hi fellow death hags! I was just reading through all the Elvis posts here and thought i'd make a suggestion. I have read just about every Elvis book ever wrote and to me the most informative, interesting one is Elvis Aaron Presley by Alannah Nash; the one she wrote with Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker, and Elvis' cousin, Billy Smith. The book will make you laugh, cry, and wonder. I have been to Graceland twice and it is a very interesting place. I do believe he is dead and I do agree that you can feel his presence there. But it would be way cool to get upstairs. The last time i went i was standing in front of the staircase and i told my hubby i was going to run up the stairs, lol. He laughed at me and told me i was crazy and said that if i did that, he would pretend like he didn't know me, lol. Can't you see that on a arrest record? Arrested for trying to get into Elvis' bedroom, lol.
    funny story~ i have been obcessed w/ seeing the upstairs of his house~

atlantis Guest
    me, too, me, too, me TOO!! I daydream about getting up there all the time...how I would get up there, what I would do once there, what it looks like, if his spirit/presence is there...I know, I'm weird...but I'm in good company ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    no harm meant by what I said :-)
    Certainly no offense taken! I really meant it when I said LOL. I thought it was funny.

A tad bit more history if anyone is interested...

Elvis wasn't born in Tupelo and he never lived in Tupelo. He was born and lived in East Tupelo. That (at the time) was a completely different city from Tupelo. They shared a border, but had their own mayor, post office, police dept, etc. In the early sixties, Tupelo annexed East Tupelo and therefore took over the whole "Elvis Experience".

Back when Elvis was still alive, Tupelo wanted nothing to do with him (see my previous post about his Dad getting run out of town). It wasn't until he was famous and offered to pay for a park for the children of EAST Tupelo that we decided we thought he was wonderful. So the city took his money (thousands of $$$) and made some rinky-dink park in East Tupelo. The next time Elvis came to town to visit friends and family, he saw what the city had done and vowed never to return (and didn't). We still claim him as our most famous son like the whores we are.

As a true Elvis fan, I'm really ashamed of what our city has done to him. I'm only 36, so this was way before my time...

Zeenie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger View Post
    I just heard on the news that the Malibu Castle (a well-known landmark) burned down and that it had the largest collection of valuable Elvis possessions outside of Graceland. Too bad. I wonder what they had though.
    She had scripts from his movies, with his own handwritten notes in the margins, photos, and his army fatigues. From my understanding, all she got out of the house were three tiaras, and E's army fatigues.

I believe he's dead...he was jus so damn tired of being famous & I don't believe he could handle the way his life had changed...I am NOT he committed suicide (although I have heard that...anybody else???).
    I was three when he died & it my first memory of death, even though I didn't understand what death was.
    I still believe that Col. Tom was a prick....ruining Elvis' career in the movies that he wanted to pursue so badly as a serious actor.
    Elvis is still the King, no matter what some people say.
    Forgive me for rambling on...but does anybody else think that Nick Cage just married Lisa Marie as a kind of "prize" because he is such a Elvis fan and not because he loved her?
    BTW...it is really great to "talk" to all of you!