Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley

atlantis Guest
    Okay, I'm trippin'. I just found the forum and registered. I've been a fan of FAD for a while and have turned several people on to it. Then I get here and find out you guys are talking about the BIG E (Elvis) who is my all-time fave. Holy crap. Let me take all this in.

Someone mentioned that if you were sensitive to such things, a lot could be picked up at Graceland. Well, I am sensitive to such things and truer words have never been spoken. He is there just as sure as I'm sittin' here in TENNESSEE typing this (and I am). You can feel it as soon as you lay eyes on the house. It's actually incredible how strong his presence is.

Are y'all familiar with Sylvia Browne? She's a psychic (she's always on Montel Williams; they are buds). She's written lots of books, been on TV, does lectures...yada yada yada...anyway, she went to Graceland with her granddaughter (who is psychic as well; she says it runs in families and I totally believe that; it runs in mine) and said they saw/felt his spirit with them the whole time. AND her granddaughter stood at Elvis' grave and remarked that Elvis' body wasn't in there. She didn't say he wasn't dead, just that his body wasn't in the grave. I've often wondered that myself.

And if anyone thinks psychics are bogus, that's cool. We are all here to just chat and whatnot. I am sooooooooooo loving this forum I don't know what to do. My husband thinks I'm crazy but he still loves me. OH OH OH I'll have to tell my FAD hags about the forum. I'm off to comment on some other thread. Damn, I'll never get any sleep tonight. Thank god I'm off of work tomorrow. Bye!

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Sylvia says that Elvis got reincarnated into a blonde-headed boy in 2006. And he'll be a singer once again.Its in the 'visits from the afterlife book' where she does a section on celebs. I read all her books. I adore her. I never heard the storyof her going to Graceland.Is that in her new psychic children book?
    ~Kasey

I hope y'all don't really believe Sylvia Browne's psychic stuff - we've already discussed on another thread how much of a phony she is. Sorry...

Thank you, Aries...I'm glad you said it! My tongue was turning purple from biting it so hard!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

atlantis Guest
    Now now. To each his own. And yes, it was in the children's book.

okayyyy...Sorry (hanging head)

atlantis Guest
    No need to hang your head. I understand why people don't trust psychics. A lot of them are phonies. I've had a few instances with psychics that have lead me to believe other-wise, though. Namely one named George Anderson. My family went to him after my grandfather died unexpectedly. I have the tape. There is no way he could have known what he said (in advance). He said some tripped out stuff.

My husband detests Sylvia Browne. So it's all good. I don't believe a lot of what she says but I have found truth in her books.

As far as the paranormal, supernatural, or anything metaphysical, I have seen too much to think it's not real. It's definately real.

Maybe the teeth picking with those long nails helps her tap into the other side! Like automatic writing....just a thought.

atlantis Guest
    hahahahaha omg hahahahaha....that is soooooo funny. She totally does that. Y'all will have to pardon all my "totally's". I'm an 80's child.

Elvis was a death hag, too! he liked to go to morgues and look at the bodies.

I actually have this book that was done in the early 80's about ghosts in California - and guess who one of the "experts" they consult in it - Sylvia!

It's an eerie book. And Sylvia looks pretty eerie in it also. Apparently she's been around for awhile with all this stuff.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Maybe the teeth picking with those long nails helps her tap into the other side! Like automatic writing....just a thought.

No its that raspy man's voice of hers!!!!

towser Guest
    Peter Guralnick wrote a 2 part biography about Elvis (total of about 1500 pages) and I'm telling you I could not put these books down. I'm fascinated with Elvis, the way he lived & the way he died. The man could sing for sure, but he seemed to train wreck every other part of his life!

You should check these books out for some amazing insights into the Colonel. Did you know he was an illegal alien and this is the reason he didn't let Elvis tour overseas...the Colonel was afraid he wouldn't be let back in the USA!

I just finished the second one..they are great!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by towser View Post
    Peter Guralnick wrote a 2 part biography about Elvis (total of about 1500 pages) and I'm telling you I could not put these books down. I'm fascinated with Elvis, the way he lived & the way he died. The man could sing for sure, but he seemed to train wreck every other part of his life!

You should check these books out for some amazing insights into the Colonel. Did you know he was an illegal alien and this is the reason he didn't let Elvis tour overseas...the Colonel was afraid he wouldn't be let back in the USA!
    That and the money would not have been as good!

He seemed to have ALOT of control over Elvis!!!

atlantis Guest
    OMG, I totally forgot that Elvis was a death hag! How could I forget that? I read those two books by Guralnick. They were good. There is also a book called "Inner Elvis", a psychological profile of him by a psychologist. It was fascinating, if you are interested in what made him tick and whatnot. Apparently, a lot of his problems could be traced back to being a twinless twin and the mind games that come with that territory. And he couldn't figure out for the life of him why "God" had plucked him out of obscurity to "make him Elvis". It always tripped him out. He absolutely believed in the paranormal (ufo's, ghosts, "hands on healing", reincarnation...) and thought he had a greater purpose in life than just being a singer. I agree. He was much more.

The colonel was a piece of shit. True, he gave Elvis his start but Gladys Presley didn't trust him as far as she could throw him. She knew he was up to no good. And Elvis did try to fire the colonel many times. There were some shady works going on with the ole "memphis mafia". I think they were keeping tabs on El for the colonel. The one worth a shit was Jerry Schilling, the only one to quit the "mafia". He's the only one E's family has anything to do with now.

The best Elvis book I have ever read was "If I Can Dream" by Larry Geller. It's all about Elvis' search for spirituality. Not religion. People mistakenly think Elvis was an ignorant country bumpkin. He was NOT. He may have started out that way as a kid but he was self-educated. He read maniacally. He questioned everything. He was sharp until the drugs got the best of him.

I could go on about Elvis indefinately. Seriously. I am fascinated by him and there is just no end to that! I love this forum. And again, I can't believe I forgot Elvis was a death hag, too. Ya gotta love that shit. That's ma boy!

celebdeathhag Guest
    This is terrible, but I watched a show that raised some questions about that. I think he's dead, but that show did make me wonder a little bit. How terrible is that?

I have a Pug named Elvis. He's getting so big, like Vegas Elvis!

atlantis Guest
    I used to halfway think he was still alive until a psychic named George Anderson told my family something interesting; long story, more than that, but I KNOW Elvis is dead now.

A Vegas pug can be BIG! Is his name really Elvis?

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I hope y'all don't really believe Sylvia Browne's psychic stuff - we've already discussed on another thread how much of a phony she is. Sorry...
    I take it all with a grain of salt. It entertains me and I have no life. I believe I was the one that mentioned her in a another thread..lol. I just like passing along any quirky bits of info I get. Some of the things she says make sense to me-others dont..lol. I defintly dont take it to heart Plus she charges 700 bux for a reading!!!! geesh!!
    ~SinK

i have heard when eddy arnold had a chance to get away from parker,he ran,not walked.

robert "the man" mitchum wanted elvis in thunder road,but E had to go ask the colonel. i imagine bob said boy under his breath and moved on.if elvis had said yes this may have changed elvis life,i would think.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 10-11-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    I take it all with a grain of salt. It entertains me and I have no life. I believe I was the one that mentioned her in a another thread..lol. I just like passing along any quirky bits of info I get. Some of the things she says make sense to me-others dont..lol. I defintly dont take it to heart Plus she charges 700 bux for a reading!!!! geesh!!
    ~SinK
    Just so everyone knows - I only charge $575.95 for a reading and I guarantee Elvis will speak at your reading through me.

atlantis Guest
    And Barbra Striesand wanted him for A Star Is Born for the Kris Kristofferson part. I believe that would have changed his life, too. I didn't know that about Robert Mitchum and Thunder Road. I'm not too familiar with him or his movies. I'll ask my mom about that movie. I think Elvis would have made a great actor had he been given a decent chance.

Say..a Vegas Pug! I can replace Sigfreid and Roy! His trick can be pooping ON the wee wee pad! Yep, his name is Elvis. When he's bad it's Elvis Presley! This sounds twisted (look who I'm telling this to), but whenever I play Elvis DVDs or CD's I tell him that's Daddy! He LOVES the video to "Jailhouse Rock"!

stephenmiller Guest
    I understand Elvis was supposed to leave on tour that very day and go up to Portland,Maine. I'll bet those tickets for the "shows that never were" cost a fortune on Ebay!

atlantis Guest
    That is sooooooo not twisted b/c I had a cocker spaniel named Elvis in high school!!! WOULDJA LOOK AT THAT! We have bothed named out pooches' ELVIS!!!!! I think Elvis is a good name for anything.

Animals love the King, too. They know family :-) So I'm not surprised he loves Jailhouse Rock. My cocker spaniel would howl if you howled so technically he DID like to sing.

Yes, heh heh heh, I believe you could go far and do very well with your Vegas Pug...!

atlantis Guest
    Yes, he was leaving for a tour that day. I have always thought this was *not* a coincidence. No such thing. I have always thought that him flying off to Jesus the day his tour started was him telling us he was too tired to do that anymore...and it's the only way he could get out of a tour with a clear conscience (see below)

It's also been the main argument for people that believe he DID die. They say he would have never left fans hanging knowing he had sold out all his shows (or right at) and fake his death and run off to some private island in Hawaii where only the local shamans are allowed. I tend to agree. But I did read that the island piece of info was true. Elvis loved Hawaii and Hawaii loved Elvis.

Well, I hope all that made sense. Reading over it, it kinda doesn't. Oh well.

stephenmiller Guest
    Didn't E's girlfriend find him in the bathroom? What happened to her? You would think she would break her silence and talk about him or write a book like many of Elvis's friends and family.

He was so dreamy..right up to the end!

atlantis Guest
    Yes, Ginger Alden, his GF at the time, found him. I've read before in different places that when everyone went upstairs after she called down to let them know he had "passed out again" they found her in full hair and make-up, which they found odd. If this is true, I am not surprised. She always struck me as kind of an opportunist.

She was well-known as not being a serious girlfriend. He wanted arm candy at this time in his life and that was okay with her. The end of his four-year relationship with Linda Thompson, from 1972-1976, had left him sad and lonely. He really loved Linda and she him. IMHO, she was stunningly gorgeous with a super personality. Still has both. She was a Miss Tennessee (and so was Ginger, I think) But Linda has said that she couldn't bear to watch Elvis kill himself. That, and the other women probably weren't helping. I have always liked her the best. I hate to dis Cilla but....she's not my fave. I don't blame her for not sticking around and putting up with all the Elvis Drama but their personalities weren't suited for one another.

FYI, Linda Thompson went on to marry Bruce Jenner, the olympic dude. She has said that once, after they had married, she was giving an Elvis interview (if you will) and he got pissed off and pitched a fit. He, it's told, did that whenever Elvis was brought up. They had two sons and apparently he's a dick so she left him and married David Foster, Super Record Producer in Hollywood. He was more of a father than Jenner. Foster and Thompson divorced after 20 years together not long ago. Bruce Jenner is now Kim Kardashian's stepdad and is the father of her (two?) half-sisters. WTF???

I don't know whatever happened to Ginger Alden but you are right; it's surprising she never cashed in her Elvis cow. She may have written a book but if she did, it passed under my Elvis radar. She and her mother were seen at E's funeral standing and pointing at all the celebs. More than anything, she was an immature 20-year old. As far as I know, she is still living but I never, ever see her name. I guess I know what I'll be surfing for tonight on the net. SHAME ON ME for not knowing that.

Yes, bring the Elvis questions to Mama. Let me finally do something with all of this E-Knowledge in my head :-)

atlantis Guest
    I need to clarify something I wrote in the next to last comment I wrote; it has been said that Elvis would go to Hawaii to take a break from being Elvis and he was allowed on an island that only the high-up Big Kahuna shaman-types were allowed on. No tourists and not many hawaiians. I didn't mean to say that I read that he faked his death and then ran off to that island. Of course, I have no way of proving it. I have just read it in different places. Okay, thanks.

Remember that show that was on in January of 92 (why do I remember that?) with Bill Bixby and they were going to call a number they had live? I have to admit, for awhile there I thought he may still be alive, but I know he's at rest now.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    FYI, Linda Thompson went on to marry Bruce Jenner, the olympic dude. She has said that once, after they had married, she was giving an Elvis interview (if you will) and he got pissed off and pitched a fit. He, it's told, did that whenever Elvis was brought up. They had two sons and apparently he's a dick so she left him and married David Foster, Super Record Producer in Hollywood. He was more of a father than Jenner. Foster and Thompson divorced after 20 years together not long ago. Bruce Jenner is now Kim Kardashian's stepdad and is the father of her (two?) half-sisters. WTF???
    I hate to say it, but after all that plastic surgery Bruce Jenner had over the years, he ended up looking like, well, a dyke! Really weird to look at. He looked like Billy Jean King or some other "jock" looking lesbian!

atlantis Guest
    Girl, you know dassa right. He looks like a freaky plastic person. I totally agree. I don't like him. If Linda thinks he's a dick, then by God, he's a dick! And the fact that he dumped his kids and took off to do his own thing....piece o' shit in my book. I'm glad the boys' stepdad was there for them. My stepdad has fer sure been a real dad to me. God knows my biological one isn't. My stepdad passed away Christmas Eve 2006, after a long, cruel, terminal illness. I know he's at peace and whole again, though.

Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger Guest

For Elvis fans

If you are an Elvis fan, you must get Sirius satellite radio. They have a channel on there devoted to Elvis and just about everybody that was related to him in any personal or business sense is on there from time to time. George Klein, one of his two best friends, hosts a show on there for three hours every week. One thing I learned is that his room at Graceland is not necessarily left as it was. The common perception is that the room and everything in it was left exactly the same and that only two people have access via permission from Lisa Marie (the curator and the head of security) and that they only access it to dust and vacuum. But I found out that actually, everything in the room was removed, cleaned, inventoried, and put into storage. So, the myth that you could theoretically walk in and pick up Elvis' half-used bottle of mouthwash is not true. Just so you know.

I'm an Elvis fan but.....

I really am a huge Elvis fan, because I think he was talented and his life must have been an amazing one to live. However, there are a lot of things about Elvis that I have learned through extensive research and interviews with people who knew him that you will never hear because Elvis fans are rabidly protective of him and never allow anything degratory to be presented. As a big Elvis fan, I'm interested in everything about him, talents, flaws, all of it. Although Elvis was considered generous because he gave away lots of material possessions, he was apparently not a very nice person in general. He had a huge ego and was quick to dangle his continued friendship in the face of those he knew if they didn't bow down to him in most respects. In other words, if you didn't kiss his ass just right, he'd cut you out of his life. In the 60's during his movie-making time, he had huge parties at his house on Perugia way with all of his entourage and they would invite hundreds of women in. Even though there were only a dozen or so guys, with an average of 150 women available, he was reknowned for "cock-blocking" anybody he saw making progress with a girl. He would literally walk up and physically interrupt any of his friends he saw chatting with a pretty girl, going so far as to just start making out with her, just because he couldn't stand the thought of the girls being with another guy. And of course the girls went along. Many of his entourage "quit" several times due to this, but he always lured them back.

I saw an interview Lisa Marie did that she states her bedroom at Graceland is the way she left it - and she goes to visit her room every once in a while - altho it's a bit dusty in there - quoted by her.

When I did my Graceland visit over the summer, I sort of wondered if any of the people who work there get to sneak into the bedrooms upstairs?

From what I have learned listening to George Klein and others is that the decor, fixtures, and everything remains exactly the same, but articles have been removed for safekeeping and to ensure they don't degrade physically. Imagine if you hung a towel up for 30 years, it would eventually turn brittle and crumble. So the idea that they left everything exactly the same is not-feasible. They had to move all the belongings into a climate-controlled environment. I think they leave the perception out there to increase the mystique of the place. The only people who can access it are the curator, head of security, and of course Lisa Marie and Priscilla. They claim that nobody has been up there except for housekeeping, under the eye of head of security, and that a log is kept of who enters and for how long. However, as you could imagine, the people that have access probably have shown it to friends, relatives, etc. just as anyone would. Also, it has at least been confirmed that Lisa Marie has shown it to her various husbands and boyfriends etc. There is one report that one of the major rifts between Nicholas Cage and Lisa Marie developed over the fact that a major reason he pursued her was to get access to everything Elvis, since he is basically an obsessed Elvis fan. He apparently insisted on seeing the room, did so in 2004, and was tasteless enough to lay in the spot that Elvis died on the bathroom floor, amongst other things.

I saw an interview she did a few months ago with Diane Sawyer (or Barb Walters - not sure), where she was over at Graceland and went into this room somewhere on the property that is "temp controlled" and they were going thru a few things, and came across a hankerchief (or something like that) that Elvis had written something to Lisa on it. Lisa was pleasantly surprised since she had never seen it, and looked over at the woman who was in charge of the room and said "I'm taking this".

I think that was the Oprah thing that they did. She claimed that Oprah was the first "non-family" member invited to eat in the dining room. Although, like I said, you have to imagine that most of these claims are designed to increase the allure and draw more visitors. I have learned that growing up, Lisa Marie actually had parties in the house. Parties that caused the property manager concern because there were all sorts of strangers meandering about the property and through the house, loud music, drinking etc. And don't forget, Graceland didn't open until 1982 for tours, so that was 5 years that the house was "lived in" by Elvis' actual housekeepers, cook, his uncle, etc. They mean to tell us that nothing in the entire house was disturbed during those five years? The idea that it is a pristine time-capsule of Elvis' life was created by the company that controls everything now. In fact, Priscilla had to go back and re-design everything to make it more how Elvis had it instead of how it had become.

If you look hard enough on the internet, you can even find things for sale that came from the house and were given to people by Elvis' uncle Vester, the housekeepers, the cook, etc.

When Elvis died, another famous musician, I can't remember who, was quoted as saying "great career move" in response. I think this it's true that him dying at a young age added to his fame, although he was probably the most famous person outside of Jesus Christ already. But I really think that if he was still alive today, he would probably be a country-western and gospel singer, he would have sold Graceland (which he had expressed interest in doing), and he would be probably a couple of steps above Johnny Cash in fame. Since they both started out together at the same time, and since Elvis was always more famous that Johnny when they both lived, you can imagine that would have continued. So, Graceland probably wouldn't even exist anymore, since the area surrounding it had become a commercial district and nobody with enough money to buy it would want to live in that area, they would just buy something in one of the newer, ritzy neighborhoods. Most likely, Elvis would be living in the Nashville area with the other country stars and some developer would have bought Graceland and torn it down. Just interesting to think about.

Actually the Lisa Marie interview I saw was on Good Morning America - I think it was back in August for the death anniversary. It's on Youtube in two parts if you are interested in watching it.

atlantis Guest
    While it's true that Elvis could be a total shit, he was, essentially, a good soul. I am obsessed and fascinated with all things E, good and bad. I have read just about everything there is about him and I know he had a dark side. He admitted this many times. Once, he even threw a pool stick at some chick and caused her nerve damage in her breast. He was effed-up, I believe. He apologized profusely after he "came to". Once, in Vegas, some little chickee he picked up almost died from the pills/cough syrup he gave her and she had to go the ER. He was sick about that when he "came to". Yes, he could be very dark and shitty. He had insecurites and played mind games. But, I can live with it. There are many, many more shitty things that he has done. It's impossible to list them here. And I'm sure the day he went home to Jesus, his mama bitched him out real good. But all in all, the good outweighs the bad. He was very generous, to a fault. Some people might disagree with this, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I believe when E was with Linda Thompson, she took it upon herself to re-decorate. When Cilla got a hold of Graceland after he died, she put everything back the way he had it long ago. I think things are essentially the same as they were. But nothing can stay the same after 30 years totally. What I wouldn't give to work at Graceland. And I found out not long ago (and someone mentioned this previously here) his bathroom is right above the foyer. That trips me out.

Hey, I would lay in the spot he died if I could. And cry like a little bitch til I passed out. Shoot me :-)

Dammit all to hell, I missed that GMA interview with Lisa Marie. I try not to get up that early if at all possible. But I saw the Oprah episode. Bitchin'.

Oh, my mom has Sirus (or however you spell it) LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

GMA Interview

You can see it on Youtube. You can see everything on youtube. And, I agree that Elvis was generous, he did give away a lot of material possessions, as I said before. However (and you have to believe me, I'm a huge Elvis fan, but I just want to know the real person, not the Elvis Presley Enterprises Elvis), most people that knew him well said that he was occasionally generous to complete strangers in ways that didn't make sense. Like giving a car to a complete stranger, or giving a person on the street a huge diamond ring or something. With his inner circle though, the generosity (according to them) was used as an enticement to keep their loyalty. While he paid them nothing at all for their services, whatever they may be, he would occasionally and not according to any schedule, give them some extravagant gift to keep them happy. But, I'm just trying to see all sides of it. While I personally would never accept a car or a house from a non-family member (just because I would feel stupid about it), I can see how that is generous.

Elvis really did live in a different time, because were it today with all the exploitation mags, news, and everyone looking for scandal, he would have been publicly attacked all the time. Things that he was absolutely responsible for (according to people who knew him) behavior-wise included statutory rape (Priscilla), aggravated assault (against a random woman in a pool-hall), drug-use and adminstering it to others (the girl who OD'd), adultery, and rape (Priscilla says in her book that he raped her). In today's society, he would have been toast. The versions I read about the pool-hall incident and the OD'd chick are that he didn't contact or apologize to either. In fact, if I recall, the West brothers said that Elvis was more concerned about how it would affect him if the OD chick didn't come out of the coma she went into.
    Last edited by Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger; 10-12-2007 at 05:31 PM.

I can attest to the fact that Elvis was generous, in one of the museums on Graceland's grounds, there are a bunch of cancelled checks that Elvis wrote out to different charities over the years - all of them for $1,000 each.

atlantis Guest
    I also want to just know the real Elvis. And I hope no one thinks I'm being negative or trying to ruffle anyone's feathers with these posts. We are just chatting, basically. And you are so right that Elvis would have been toast in today's world. Big time.

That being said, I must say, I have no respect for the West brothers or any other member of the "memphis mafia" with the exception of Jerry Schilling. They are scum as far as I'm concerned. They have made a living telling the world how shitty Elvis was and he's not even here to say, "hey wait, what?". I know there is some truth to what they say. But they just seem slimy and they never held E's best interest in their hearts. They were yes men. Jerry Schilling is the one guy who said "I love you E but I can't do this anymore. I can't be a part of this". I agree, Elvis was very controlling. But we'll never be in his head and know what is was like to be him. My husband thinks I'm a control freak. I am. It gives me a sense of "if I can control what goes on in my life, nothing bad will happen". That's wacky, I know. Things that happened a long time ago still keep me on strict guard for what COULD happen. But I have issues... I know, don't we all??!!

But ya know, he's gone, I'm guessing he's sorry and the world loves him now more than ever. You and I obviously do, huh, Uncle Milte?!

PEACE!!!!

Atlantis, I really do, although it may not seem to be the case. The guy had the voice, the looks, the charisma, and the talent. It's just sort of corny that the company that runs everything now doesn't allow any truths to come out other than the rosey stuff. Hell, to this day they won't even really admit that he was a drug addict and died as a result of his own doing. Every special you watch the always make sure to say that they weren't "illegal" drugs, they were "prescribed". The only people they still allow to be a part of the business of Elvis are those that won't publicly acknowledge he was an addict (Schilling, Esposito, Klein, etc.). I don't think all the others, although they were just there for the "fringe benefits" are all that evil just because they told the truth in public. I wish I knew more of the truth about the stuff everyone wants to know. How many women did he sleep with?? How many at one time?? All that crazy stuff that the stuffy Presley Enterprises will never tell.

atlantis Guest
    I totally agree. I wish I knew why in the hell we can't see the autopsy report. Why did they seal it? And in this day and age, who gives a shit if the man OD'd? Yeah, they are way too secretive. I guess they think we'll love him less if they told the whole truth. How little credit they give us, his loyal, lifelong adoring fans. It seems to me that the truth about his life would just make us realize how much of a human he really was and it would enable a lot of people to relate to him much better. It also would give us more insight into who he *really* was. Sigh....