Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: John Denver

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    According to the DC, John's brother Ronald lives/lived a couple miles from me in the same community (Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego). According to property tax records he still owns the house, whether he actually lives there is unknown.

pattykad Guest
    Check your inbox, Elizabeth.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomicMaster View Post
    The "facts" about John Denver's death as reported at almost every link/site are wrong because I was one of the NTSB investigators. John's craft hit a flock of California Brown Pelicans. We found pelican body parts wrapped inside the engine. Then we found all the missing parts of John's head wrapped in the engine.

Too many unfounded rumors, but I have the facts because I was there.
    WOW - how did I miss that we had a real NTSB investigator at the scene of Denvers crash? Brown pelicans flying with the plane??

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Seems our "expert" is MIA. Get sucked into an engine? At least the brown pelicans won't get lonely! I never knew a pelican could fly so high before now!
    All I hear are crickets...

I missed the 20 year anniversary of his death October 12 - time flies

His death makes me sad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It was sad. He was too young and a sympathetic character. Whenever I hear "Thank God I'm A Country Boy", I always think, "So why did you die in the surf in California?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Interesting that NONE of these "facts" are mentioned in the OFFICIAL NTSB report.

Close-Up: The John Denver Crash...

Here is the NTSB summary and official accident report:

http://www.avweb.com/other/ntsb9905.html

Don't know if I've ever responded to a 6 year old comment before, but I LOVE IT when people who are full of shit get called out on it.

You go, girl!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    I think ol' John began to lose touch with reality once his career humped, and he was on the down slide. First he wants to be the first folk singer in space, then he writes a plan for feeding the world by tapping into the economies of a nations. He was dealing with numbers and ideals he could not possibly grasp, but he placed himself at the center of each event. My impression is, he was a talented musician and singer, but he just kept trying to squeeze the public for attention when the world had moved on. I take it, he was a nasty drunk, too.

Auntie Amara Guest
    I've seen that article (ITC), too. Creepy, but I doubt it's authentic. I knew JD; he was a good guy with a lot of flaws-just like the rest of us. You might want to check out some of the people who've supposedly "channeled" conversations with JD. None of them struck me as having an actual experience, but it was entertaining.

Auntie Amara Guest
    Pretty obvious to me that Mr. NTSB Investigator has never seen the official autopsy report.

One thing I learned about John Denver recently was that he really wasn't popular,,,,in DENVER !!! The Denver Post recently did a story about those who became famous who had ties to Colorado. While they did mention John Denver the paper kept saying "sorry about that" . Come to think of it I never heard a John Denver tune on the radio in Denver either.
    "

12. 12-24-2018, 03:51 AM

He died in a "experimental plane" aka build it yourself
    and so it crashed.
    Sad but he was dumb doing it in the first place.
    (after all these years I still think that)

The one thing about this is never go by home made plane
    when you can take a train, or bus.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 12-31-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Every time I see him pop up somewhere, I get Country Roads stuck in my head. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Every time I see him pop up somewhere, I get Country Roads stuck in my head. Lol.
    Me too.
    It happened just a couple of days ago - I'm not even sure what triggered it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Me too.
    It happened just a couple of days ago - I'm not even sure what triggered it.
    That happens to me too. I'll be sitting here, and it will just pop into my head. I just gave it to some people on FB. I believe in sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That happens to me too. I'll be sitting here, and it will just pop into my head. I just gave it to some people on FB. I believe in sharing.
    You must like them.
    Otherwise, maybe Thank God I'm A Country Boy would be a better choice.

And if you really don't care for them, Sunshine On My Shoulders is probably the most played song...
    In Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    He died in a "experimental plane" aka build it yourself
    and so it crashed.
    Sad but he was dumb doing it in the first place.
    (after all these years I still think that)
    I'm sure I read not long after about a mechanic warning him about the fuel gauges being an issue before he took off but he decided to carry on anyway saying he would put it on autopilot while changing them so it wasn't a problem. He was seemingly also given the chance to refuel but turned it down saying he wasn't going to be up that long. The NTSB underlined it in the final report by saying he had inadequate transition training.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm sure I read not long after about a mechanic warning him about the fuel gauges being an issue before he took off but he decided to carry on anyway saying he would put it on autopilot while changing them so it wasn't a problem. He was seemingly also given the chance to refuel but turned it down saying he wasn't going to be up that long. The NTSB underlined it in the final report by saying he had inadequate transition training.
    I read this too and somewhere that they thought when he went to change over to the other feul tank, he couldn't get to it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read this too and somewhere that they thought when he went to change over to the other feul tank, he couldn't get to it.
    That's what I read too - that the guy who built that plane put the switch in a non-standard location.
    Denver likely just couldn't locate it in time.

LOL my ten year old nephew was singing country roads to himself the other day when we were having a family event.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    LOL my ten year old nephew was singing country roads to himself the other day when we were having a family event.
    Family event?
    Was it an intervention to stop your nephew from singing Country Roads lest others get it stuck in their heads?

Thank You, just reading all about his death this
    is may what happened.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Family event?
    Was it an intervention to stop your nephew from singing Country Roads lest others get it stuck in their heads?
    No it was a birthday party.