Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Kennedy

Robert Kennedy

a taped conversation between RFK and LBJ in 1964. They just hated each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9MHPHK-cM

Danny62 Guest
    Hmmmmm...I wonder why.

Bidmor Guest
    Maybe...maybe...Lyndon helped push the button Bobby's brother.........naw! Nevermind. We return to normal programming.

Chunga Guest

Robert Kennedy

LOS ANGELES, June 5 (Xinhua) -- The Los Angeles Fire Department(LAFD) on Thursday released new photos taken moments after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, 40 years after the death of the former senator and younger brother of President John F. Kennedy. Kennedy was shot to death in Los Angeles on June 5, 1968 during his presidential nominating campaign. He had just finished a speech at the Ambassador Hotel after winning the California primary when he was shot in a crowded passageway by assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
    The newly released photos were taken by Harold Burba, a photographer of the LAFD who was in the Ambassador Hotel pantry after the shooting.
    The photos, showing a struggle involving several men and the assassin, were sent to a Los Angeles grand jury on the morning after the assassination and have been in the LAFD's possession since 1968.
    Burba reportedly requested that the photos be released after his death. The photos were published in the latest issue of the Los Angeles Firefighter newspaper.

Also the pantry area where he was shot is being saved and stored in an undisclosed location. (Scott's house?)

link to pics...http://www.knbc.com/slideshow/news/16512045/detail.html

Last edited by Chunga; 06-05-2008 at 05:20 PM.

KristinEileen Guest
    Didn't something come out not long ago that someone was questioning whether Sirhan Sirhan actually shot Bobby? I swear I remember something about this.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Didn't something come out not long ago that someone was questioning whether Sirhan Sirhan actually shot Bobby? I swear I remember something about this.
    He did it in front of a ton of people. I don't know how anybody could assume he didn't.

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    He did it in front of a ton of people. I don't know how anybody could assume he didn't.

lol...I like that giant stamp...this could be another example of Mr. KE pulling my leg! Thanks for clearing that up...

lisalouver Guest
    Great pics!

Thanks for the link!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Today they announced that from these videos that they think there was another person involved with the shooting. There were 13 shots fired. I listened to this 4 times . They do wonders with these things now. Too late I am sure to find out if there really was as Sirhan says he does not remember killing him. Did he do it?OL
    Another million dollar question.

I always wondered how Oswald got all those shots off by himself when doing in JFK.
    It makes you wonder if our Govt. is guilty of a coverup and if they had anything to do with the murders . Ruby just walking in and shooting Oswald stunk too.
    Oh well we shall never know .

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Today they announced that from these videos that they think there was another person involved with the shooting. There were 13 shots fired. I listened to this 4 times . They do wonders with these things now. Too late I am sure to find out if there really was as Sirhan says he does not remember killing him. Did he do it?OL
    Another million dollar question.

I always wondered how Oswald got all those shots off by himself when doing in JFK.
    It makes you wonder if our Govt. is guilty of a coverup and if they had anything to do with the murders . Ruby just walking in and shooting Oswald stunk too.
    Oh well we shall never know .
    Our government is guilty of bazillions of cover ups.

The Grim Reefer Guest
    I have seen programs where witnesses claim there were 2 shooters and in a reconstruction they did with 2 shooters alot of the witnesses did not notice a second guy although he was there.

*shrug* i dunno.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Reefer View Post
    I have seen programs where witnesses claim there were 2 shooters and in a reconstruction they did with 2 shooters alot of the witnesses did not notice a second guy although he was there.

*shrug* i dunno.
    This is why lawyers cringe at the thought of an eyewitness. Usually and most times they see exactly what they want to see or see what they think you want them to see.

Highly unreliable. As any good attorney will tell you. Except those who have an eyewitness to exonerate their client...

NOVSTORM Guest
    If you look at that video and look at all the people screaming and ducking for coer how the hell could you notice a second shooter? It was a mess.
    I also heard that Ethel was involved because she was sick of his "no birth control" rule.

**Jenna** Guest
    I don't much care for the Kennedys so this i don't know-why was Robert Kennedy shot?

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I don't much care for the Kennedys so this i don't know-why was Robert Kennedy shot?
    Who knows. Read these.
    http://flag.blackened.net/daver/misc/rfk.html

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~dlewis/

Are there any autopsy pics of RFK like there are of JFK?

For what it's worth, I think it was Sirhan Sirhan and alone that shot Bobby. Too many witnesses for a JFK style 'conspiracy.'

That poor family, dirty as they were!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

For what it's worth, I think it was Sirhan Sirhan and alone that shot Bobby. Too many witnesses for a JFK style 'conspiracy.'

None that I've seen.

STRAIGHT Guest
    That was a terrible day. I believe he truly wanted to help people and that may be why he was shot. Hopefully this time things will be different. Shirhan Shirhan rot in hell you motherfucker!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Things were so chaotic when it happened, I wonder if anyone would have noticed a second shooter?

"Bobby" was a very good movie.

jimmy's One Guest
    SAD

Here's Sirhan Sirhan's most recent mug shot, from Corcoran Correctional in CA.

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

here is the audio tape that supposedly reveals 13 shots instead of 8. all I hear is noise. this is a load of bs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INR-1UrLqT8

Vamp Guest
    Sirhan murdered him. It's that simple, IMO.

autopsy photos have never been released. here is the best book on the RFK assassination.

http://www.amazon.ca/Killing-Robert-Kennedy-Dan-Moldea/dp/0393315347/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213061348&sr=1-10

Duke Six Guest
    Excellent article in Vanity Fair June 08 on why Bobby chose to run and so many thought it was a very bad decision. I recommend it to anyone seriously following this thread.......

lisalouver Guest
    Here's Sirhan Sirhan's most recent mug shot, from Corcoran Correctional in CA.

Holy Christ Nessa, that is one scarey pic. Sirhan has aged, has he not? A chance Bobby never had.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Never been one much for conspiracy theories, always had a problem with this one though. Practically all the witnesses put Sirhan in front of and never closer than a few feet away from Kennedy and yet Noguchi's report states that Kennedy was shot from behind at an upward angle from no more than one or two inches away. Always had a problem with that. Oh well just food for thought.

The best book on the story IMHO:
    http://www.amazon.com/Assassination-.../dp/1560250585

The authors of this book actually give an alleged second shooter a name, a security guard (and the only other person known to have a gun in the kitchen area that night) by the name of Thane Eugene Cesar. In fact the famous photo of Kennedy sprawled out on the floor, you can see a clip-on necktie on the floor near Kennedy, that tie came off of Cesar. Interesting stuff whether you believe in a conspiracy or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rfkdown.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	5820  
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 06-10-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Snoopy Guest
    The whole thing was just awful..I reaaly think Robert's death was such a tragedy..I know JFK's was also but I really think what Robert said and did came truly from the heart.

tpomson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    here is the audio tape that supposedly reveals 13 shots instead of 8. all I hear is noise. this is a load of bs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INR-1UrLqT8
    The only thing missing is the fucking drool coming down the side of his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Six View Post
    Excellent article in Vanity Fair June 08 on why Bobby chose to run and so many thought it was a very bad decision. I recommend it to anyone seriously following this thread.......
    this new book on RFK's campaign describes how many around RFK felt it was only a matter of time before someone tried to kill him. The book also goes into detail on the death threats RFK was receiving througout the campaign but he refused extra security. The RFK campaign also detested the LAPD and refused their offer of security on June 4/68. Not a smart move.

http://www.amazon.ca/Last-Campaign-Kennedy-Inspired-America/dp/0805077928/ref=pd_bowtega_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213142361&sr=1-1

Cadence71 Guest

...NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Wow, I can still remember when he was still alive.

The autopsy photos along with actual films and photos of the event were destroyed en masse by the L.A. County District Attorney circa 1980.

I have seen news film of Robert Kennedy being pulled on a stretcher by a cop to what must have been an Emergency Room from the loading dock of the hospital. Its just Kennedy and the cop going down the hall alone and the image is transfixing.

I believe Oswald acted alone and did the deed, but I still continue to rub my chin over this one.

Sirhan stated after the assassination that he shot RFK because he was for selling American jet fighters to Israel.
    Last edited by MagnusDippytack; 06-11-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: additional thought
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Holy Christ Nessa, that is one scarey pic. Sirhan has aged, has he not? A chance Bobby never had.
    He's aged, but that batshit loony look is still in his eyes. I read a book by Robert Ressler, one of the FBI agents who was in on the serial killer and other murderers' interviews the feds did for their behavioral science unit. In the book he said Sirhan was so scattered mentally that it was nearly impossible to talk to him. The interview didn't get very far.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    He's aged, but that batshit loony look is still in his eyes. I read a book by Robert Ressler, one of the FBI agents who was in on the serial killer and other murderers' interviews the feds did for their behavioral science unit. In the book he said Sirhan was so scattered mentally that it was nearly impossible to talk to him. The interview didn't get very far.
    Yup, I agree. The look is still there. Batshit looney is right.

best description of Sirhan - a little nothing of a man.
    never forget this photo

picture of the famous pantry taken in 2002. the same peach colored doors are still there. Kennedy was hit approximately where the broom is.

a picture taken june 5/68 by LAPD

first time I have seen this video from behind. we can see the first doctor on scene and the busboy holding RFK's head. check out the blood on RFK's hand:

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/detail.aspx?id=2042-7&esource=feed_google_video

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    first time I have seen this video from behind. we can see the first doctor on scene and the busboy holding RFK's head. check out the blood on RFK's hand:

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/de...d_google_video
    Thanks for the vid cash.

How awful to see Bobby dying.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Thanks for the vid cash.

this video is owned by the Getty foundation and was only recently released. there must be more out there from that night. fascinating video, I wish it were longer.
    Last edited by cash; 06-11-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Sirhan stated at a parole hearing about ten years ago, "If I had killed a Black man, I would have been out in seven years. If Robert Kennedy was alive today, he would recommend my release."

I am no RFK fan but that statement floored me.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

lisalouver Guest
    Here is a pretty good article about the conspiracy theory and the shooting. It is from last week, I believe.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=politics

last known photo of the pantry before demolition:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91115662@N00/9000244/in/set-227316/

I don't believe he died then. He was brought to the hospital alive.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    I don't believe he died then. He was brought to the hospital alive.
    He did go to the hospital and he did undergo surgery. He did however lose
    consciousness at the hotel and never regained it.

Reagan - Robert Kennedy debate - 1967

I never heard or seen this before but here are two political heavyweights - Reagan was Governor and RFK was Senator. The question about Diem is ironic as it was JFK who basically had him killed on Nov 1/1963.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMzTcvXk1j4&feature=related

Kennedy was not as anti-war as he was a year later when he was running for President.

Watched a show about the conspiracy theory tonight...went digging for the thread on here...thought I might find more info. Its kinda weird though that one of Kennedy's campaign workers saw that girl in the polka dot dress and so did a couple...and when they interrogated the campaign worker they kept telling her she was wrong that there was no girl in a polka dot dress and kept telling her that until she would say what they wanted her to say...they played the tapes on the show. I'm not saying that Sirhan didnt do it I'm just saying maybe someone else was involved too.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

TheMysterian Guest
    You know as much as anybody does on this,and that is just what the "Government" allows bit evil1!

Ol Joseph must be turning in his grave. All those years bootlegging and making those mob affiliations and then his son get the top slot. Appoints Bobby to the Attorney General's position and what does he do? Gets down and dirty with the mob prosecuting them and locking them up. Must have been a shit load of resentment built up there.

This is where the Kennedy clan fucked up. If you remember, Deng Xiao Peng was the premier of China. Along the way, in his initial rise to the mid levels, banishment to the boonies and then eventual rise to the top, he did deals with a lot of people to secure his position. A lot like Joseph Kennedy.

But this is where they stories diverge.

As I mentioned above, once the kids got in power, they set about systemacally dismantling the mob and all their interests. This totally undermined all the years of work and connections that Joseph built up.

Uncle Deng on the other hand spent a couple of months in a coma in a hospital bed and nobody overtly moved to take his position. the relationships and deals that he transacted over the years stood, even though he was incapacitated.

Moral of the story? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The Kennedy kids found this out the hard way.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny