Thread: Loretta Lynn's Haunted Plantation

Loretta Lynn's Haunted Plantation

In case any of you get the Travel Channel - they will be showing her hour long special - all about the ghosts that roam on her property. Pretty freaky stuff!

I visited her place in July - and while I didn't see or hear anything - altho sort of got a "creepy" feeling about it all. It was cool to see all the places they pointed out on the show and hear the stories from the tour guide!

Anyway, it's on 10am Pacific time, and Noon Eastern. Or check your local listings in case I got it wrong - but it IS on tomorrow!

Thanks for the tip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

1959catty Guest
    We go to the big motocross nationals at her place every year. There is a little cemetary next to her house. We go up there at night and take pictures. There are always lots of orbs in the photos.

bump

JeffD Guest
    I saw this show about a year ago. It is well worth watching. Her home has an amazing history and Loretta is so down to earth.

attackatdawn Guest
    http://www.prairieghosts.com/hur_mills.html

[SIZE=5]THE HAUNTING OF HURRICANE MILLS
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]HOME OF LORETTA LYNN[/SIZE]

Scout987a Guest

Doing it with Doolittle from beyond the grave

A few years ago, one of the tabloids had an interview with Loretta in which she claimed that her late husband Doolittle Lynn had come back as a spirit and that they were still having sex!

It seemed that Loretta had participated in the article, from what I remember. And I don't remember hearing that she sued them, so I had guessed that she must have been okay with the interview.

If anyone remembers this or know more details, I would love to hear them!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout987a View Post
    A few years ago, one of the tabloids had an interview with Loretta in which she claimed that her late husband Doolittle Lynn had come back as a spirit and that they were still having sex!
    Yikes!

Loretta can be a bit wacky at times with some of the stuff she says in regards to her "spiritual" side. I wouldn't put it past her...

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I saw this show about a year ago. It is well worth watching. Her home has an amazing history and Loretta is so down to earth
    Dang! First time I quoted myself . She really is....
    Last edited by JeffD; 11-12-2007 at 06:38 PM.

ajlposh Guest
    Loretta Lynn
    Hospitalized with Pneumonia

Country music legend Loretta Lynn is in the hospital with pneumonia and was forced to cancel a concert scheduled for tonight in Kentucky.

The website for the Paramount Arts Center posted a message this afternoon, saying the concert needed to be reschedule "in the near future."

Lynn had knee replacement surgery last month.

A call to Lynn's rep was not returned.

I hope she gets well real soon! I always liked her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mark of quality throughout the world...

buddyhollylover Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    Loretta Lynn
    Hospitalized with Pneumonia

Country music legend Loretta Lynn is in the hospital with pneumonia and was forced to cancel a concert scheduled for tonight in Kentucky.

The website for the Paramount Arts Center posted a message this afternoon, saying the concert needed to be reschedule "in the near future."

Lynn had knee replacement surgery last month.

A call to Lynn's rep was not returned.

omg she can't die i would be so heartbroken...i love her so much. it's like a bond through her music, i see myself through her songs, like we're one in the same. 'ones on the way'....ugggg story of my life!!

i've seen this show before...good stuff

havoc Guest
    I saw the Travel Channel show about her Hurricane Mills. Besides being a beautiful place, it was pretty freaky. Isn't there a dungeon room or something under the front porch where slaves were kept?

I do hope she gets better soon. 76 years old and pneumonia isn't good at all.

Yep, there is a basement type of room under a trap door on the front porch. Rumor has it that once in a while they'd hear chains rattling from there - which were what the slaves were in.

Also the framed albums on one of the walls (leading up the stairs to the second floor) like to remain "crooked". One of the tour guides one time decided to straighten them out, and the ghost in the house didn't take too kindly to that and shoved her down the stairs!

And also Loretta's son came home from doing some work out on the property and flopped down on his bed, with his boots still on. As he lay there, something started tugging at his boots - trying to pull them off. He jumped up and ran out of there!

philbert_wormly Guest
    She was released from the hospital just in time to celebrate Halloween over at Hurricane Mills where the ghosts surely do float.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2011/10/25...tal-pneumonia/

Country legend Loretta Lynn, 76, has been released from a Kentucky hospital, where she was treated for bacterial pneumonia.

Lynn was initially rushed to treatment in the early hours of the weekend, and has subsequently canceled several show dates. According to a statement on her official website, “Around 1:30 AM Saturday morning, Loretta awoke on her tour bus complaining that she was having a hard time breathing. They admitted her into a Bowling Green, Kentucky hospital where she was treated over the weekend for the beginning stages of bacterial pneumonia.”

The site confirms that the star is now back at her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee recovering; says Lynn, “It was one scary night… But I am feeling better and just gonna take it easy for a couple of weeks.”

Her rep confirms that she intends to make her next scheduled performance on Nov. 3 in Knoxville, Tenn.

She says she’s feeling better and will return to the road Nov. 3 in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Mammy Guest
    OMG, it must be past my bedtime. I thought the thread title was Loretta Lynn's Haunted Playstation.

It is, but I guess someone decided to use it for her illness since Loretta's name is on it (instead of starting a new thread).