Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost (Television Show)

RoRo Guest

LOST/LOST & drunk driving

this could spell trouble...the last 2 stars who got arrested for drunk driving were promptly killed off the show..wonder if they will kill off Jin next?

Itā??s trouble in paradise for another ā??Lostā? star.
    Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon on the hit ABC series, was arrested early Thursday on suspicion of drunken driving, reports The Honolulu Advertiser.

Irishlass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    this could spell trouble...the last 2 stars who got arrested for drunk driving were promptly killed off the show..wonder if they will kill off Jin next?

Itā??s trouble in paradise for another ā??Lostā? star.
    Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon on the hit ABC series, was arrested early Thursday on suspicion of drunken driving, reports The Honolulu Advertiser.
    Thats been all over the news here..

Lurkster Guest
    It wouldn't be fair if they didn't fire him, but I'd hate to see him go. I really didn't care what happened to those two dimwits.

hoxharding Guest
    Daniel has written about it on his Myspace page. He is very ashamed and is highly apologetic to the cast,the crew,the people of Hawaii and the fans(and I suspect everyone) You know what-I think he really is.
    I hope he doesn't lose his job-he is a talented actor.

Apparently there is not much to else when standed on a deserted island except get drunk...surpised that it never happened to Gilligan.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Daniel has written about it on his Myspace page. He is very ashamed and is highly apologetic to the cast,the crew,the people of Hawaii and the fans(and I suspect everyone) You know what-I think he really is.
    I hope he doesn't lose his job-he is a talented actor.

K..whateva.. I wont be the most popular person here, but he could have killed my children driving drunk (as could Kiefer, Linds, Brit, Paris, Mel, etc etc)

Irishlass Guest
    I feel for him but he choose to drink and drive as did the other two so whatever the punish they get they deserve.
    On the flip side one of the stars home was broken into and another home burned down the cast has had nothing but trouble since they have been here

RoRo Guest
    Yeah I agree drinking and driving is one of the worst and he deserves to be punished and hey it could make the story on Lost get better

Lost

Any Lost fans on here? The fourth season is about to start. Im TiVoing the eps as I still havent caught up on the third season. About 5 eps into that. Havent seen anyone mention it here so I was interested in what you think of it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    It's the only show I watch on network TV...the best thing that's come along in YEARS!
    I hate commercials though, so I wait every year for the DVDs to come out and watch the whole season all at once, so I'm just now in the middle of watching Season 3 !!!

One thing I have noticed, Sawyer (or is it "Ford"?) seems to get hotter with every passing season....loved the cage sex episode with him and Kate (or is it "Monica"?) LOL !!!

Anyway, if anyone posts details from Season 4, please attach a "spoiler alert" -- I don't want to know !!!

BIG "LOST" FAN HERE !!!

One thing I have noticed, Sawyer (or is it "Ford"?) seems to get hotter with every passing season
    Yeah. I wasnt too keen on him at first, I was all about Jack, but he has grown on me. Sayeed is fuckin hot too!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

So I'm not the only one who waits for the dvd to come out to watch it. I just feel like Im missing out on the excitement that way. I want to be a part of it all!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    So I'm not the only one who waits for the dvd to come out to watch it. I just feel like Im missing out on the excitement that way. I want to be a part of it all!
    This year I'm keeping away from all "LOST" articles, etc...I really don't want to know anything at all!
    As far as missing out on the excitement, the commercials totally ruin the momentum for me--so I'll give up a little short-term excitement for a better experience overall...

This year I'm keeping away from all "LOST" articles, etc...I really don't want to know anything at all!
    As far as missing out on the excitement, the commercials totally ruin the momentum for me--so I'll give up a little short-term excitement for a better experience overall...
    Me too. Unfortunately I had the T.V. on ABC about an hour ago during the Lost prepremier hype bs and saw some things I havent gotten to yet. Blast It! Oh, well; I'm sure there's still mysteries aplenty for me to ponder.

Jazbabee Guest
    I hate to admit it, but I LOST interest in the show long ago, so when the topic comes up, I feel totally LOST !!! lol

gleemonex Guest
    My brother showed me the pilot when it first came out and while I was interested, I just didn't have time to get into it. Maybe I'll do with it what I did with Smallville: wait for the seasons to pile up, go on sale, buy them, and watch them back-to-back.

Since it is filmed here, it has a large, loyal following and there are special screenings of the season premiere a week before it airs on network television. A HUGE screen is set up on the beach and anyone who wants to come is welcome. I once saw Michelle Rodriguez (VERY tiny body frame) at the mall. I actually walked right past her, got that "Hmm, how do I know that person?" feeling, then realized about 10 minutes later who she was. Turns out she ended up in the Borders that I was heading for when I passed her. A book I was looking for turned out to be in the exact aisle she was in. She was looking at the spiritual self-help books and I was looking at the New Age/Tantra books. I didn't stick around for long because I didn't want her to think I was invading her space as a few people had started to skulk around the aisle. And yes, this was shortly after the drunk driving incident.

Glamrock Princess Guest

Thumbs up I love Lost

I have series 1, 2, 3 on DVD and cant wait for series 4, which is due for UK viewers on Sunday.

I also love Sawyer, but I also fancy Jack and Locke

I love series 2 with the hatch, it was a pity when it got blown up.
    Last edited by Glamrock Princess; 02-01-2008 at 04:33 AM. Reason: punctuation problems

RaRaRamona Guest
    I record it & ff through commercials. You can just wait until the after after & watch it on the abc. site. I could never wait a whole season plus some for the DVD!!! I have to know what happens! I can barely contain myself until the new seasons start as it is.

Jack, I also do my best to avoid any talk of the show. I sometimes wonder if I am missing out by not getting into the theories & discussion with other fans. I've been to the movies a few times when they had Lost previews & I seriously had to put my fingers in my ears & go "lalalala" to avoid hearing anything. I hate spoilers!

I won't give anything away but I will say the new season opened scared the crap out of me.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Aw I wish these hadn't been merged; I want to discuss spoilers! Hey can we start a new thread discussing this season?

RaRaRamona Guest

Lost (Television Show)

I was reading in the other thread about the drunk driving thing with Daniel Day Kim (Jin.) Everyone think he may be killed off; Hurley said only six come back, so...we know some will be left & some will die.

P.S. My hope is that this will not be merged since there are several who don't want spoilers but do want to discuss the show. This thread is for season four only though. No future spoilers. Will that work?

Bigfoot Guest
    I am pissed! I forgot to record the damn premiere! So who died already?

RaRaRamona Guest
    You can watch it on the website.

edit: I made a new thread for discussion of the new season, out of respect for Ich & Jack who don't wan to see spoilers.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I also wanted to see if anyone else thinks they are in a time warp on the island: in the flash forwards they obviously didn't tell the truth about what happened. Is it possible that when they are rescued only a day or two has gone by? I think maybe they make a deal & leave the island, not get rescued while on the island. Just like Walt & Michael.

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Noooooo...I dont want to hear about anything about the new series.....

*puts hands up to ears*......lalalalalalalalalalala.....

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I am wondering what the overwhelming need to go back is all about?? Are some of them still alive???

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh I definitely think some are still there. Only six came back.

Guest Guest
    gotta question...other than Juliet...Locke and Ben has anyone seen Richard actually talk to anyone...I'm beginning to believe that only these 3 can see him..and actually Juliet could only see him on the mainland..but on the Island only Locke and Ben..thoughts on this?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    gotta question...other than Juliet...Locke and Ben has anyone seen Richard actually talk to anyone...I'm beginning to believe that only these 3 can see him..and actually Juliet could only see him on the mainland..but on the Island only Locke and Ben..thoughts on this?
    I haven't thought about that; wasn't Ethan with him when he recruited Juliet?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    You can watch it on the website.

edit: I made a new thread for discussion of the new season, out of respect for Ich & Jack who don't wan to see spoilers.
    RaRa you rock thank you! I'm right in the middle of S3 (DVDs) and WOW the series really improved from S2....I am LOVING it !! Again !!

Guest Guest
    yes Ethan was with him...the reason why I'm asking if Richard could possibly actually be dead and only shows himself selectively is look at Hurley's encounter with Charlie...Obviously Richard hasn't aged at all since he met a YOUNG Ben in the jungle...and why was Ben in the jungle? because he saw his dead mother...and who did Jack see in the jungle...his dead father...I've got the web a sode and I'm gonna re watch it...I need to know who was sitting in that rocking chair...cus it didn't look like the bearded man from last season...Jacob? It did look like Jack's father...who knows...this shows just goes deeper and deeper...I'm so hooked on it...but I still think that either Richard is dead/only shows himself selectively...or maybe he's an alien/shows himself selectively...and this whole genetic testing..fertility stuff was to develope a super human alien race or something...lol

whew! my mind is getting tired trying to figure it out...when someone does let me know! lmao!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Has anyone seen the first episode yet?......

ajurk Guest
    ahhhh!!!! ok if you dont want to be "spoiled" dont read anything else i am about to type.... im not sure if it will be considered a spoiler, because what im writing about i read in an interview of a writer from the show, its not about any character deaths or anything. also, if you want to know about daniel day kim and jin's character, you will absolutely find your answer on any of the websites i have linked below:

i read a lot of spoiler threads on Lost and watch it A LOT. (hey i have a job where i have a lot of spare time). richard alpert is seen by everyone, he is young because of very slow aging on the island, or healing on the island (just like locke being healed and rose being cured) now, the only other person we know to have been on the island for a long time is ben, but ben also had the spine problem, so this can throw everything off, but for some reason, the island doesnt help ben. this is just my opinion. as far as jack seeing his father, kate's black horse, locke seeing walt, hurley seeing charlie, that is the 'monster'. it manifests itself into whatever to make these people do what jacob wants them to do, because jacob controls the monster and since most people cant see jacob, thats what he has to do. that whole monster part is what i got from the interview with one of the writers on the show. if you do love Lost and want to drive yourself insane check out these sites:

http://thefuselage.com/ - abc's site, great message boards

http://blog.myspace.com/theanilater - where i found the interview from the writer

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/ - this dude finds out everything. if you want to know what is going to happen on an episode, you can read it there 1 to 2 days before the episode airs.

RaRa, i definately think that time does not go by on the island like it does "here". i definately think that the oceanic 6 is excepted back into society because no one knows that any time has past. but then again, naomi said to charlie that there was a big 'to do' about him being on the plane and his band even came out with a tribute album, which leads me to think that they can alter time somehow (other examples are of juliets sister having a daughter that was a few years old).

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    RaRa you rock thank you! I'm right in the middle of S3 (DVDs) and WOW the series really improved from S2....I am LOVING it !! Again !!
    Yeah it went through a slow period but it got good again. It's so worth it!!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    I have seen episode and and two of series 4. Help, my brain is going to melt!. I need some answers NOW.......

Ben is going to sing like a canary, but I have to wait till next week.

Damn it!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Yes the time aspect is strange. How about that "experiment?" But it was only off like 15 minutes...of course we don't know if that was 24 hours and 15 minutes...

HOLY CRAP I freaked out when Sayid was at the vets and the man I thought would be Jack was BEN!!!!!! Was he one of the six? I'm guessing no since no one knows who he is working for.
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 02-17-2008 at 11:31 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    My husband thinks Sawyer will be the last one. But who is the guy who is buried in the all black town? Maybe that was Walt & he's already home so he wouldn't be one of the six...him...

The only spoiler I accidentally got was that he dead guy had to be black b/c of where the funeral home was located...wait...everyone would go to Walt's funeral...but not Michael! I bet they hate him as much as I do. That must be it.

Thoughts?

Are we still watchin' this cack? Get a life, peeps, please!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Hey don't get saddy saddy b/c you fail to see the awesomeness that is LOST.

PEE OFF!

LOL How about that? Correct usage?

oops I meant pee off haha
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 02-18-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Hey don't get saddy saddy b/c you fail to see the awesomeness that is LOST.

PEE OF!

LOL How about that? Correct usage?
    saddy saddy? anyone explain
    some of us have lives!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Millions of people watch the show. If you have too much of a life to watch it why are you wasting time posting about how you have too much a life to watch it?

I was joking in my above post but this one I mean.

BigBootyJudy Guest

Anyone a LOST watcher?

Does anyone here watch LOST? No one else watches it and I have no one to discuss what happened on last night's episode!

RaRaRamona Guest

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Thanks for pointing me to the right thread RaRaRamona!

Did anyone see it last night? Does anyone else think the island is in the magical realm of the Bermuda Triangle? I thought that as soon as they flew into that thunderhead. That is how I have heard the weather in that area described. Then I also felt like the time travel thing with Desmond vaguely reminded me of the movie The Philadelphia Experiment where the Government made that navy ship disappear and then when it reappeared some of the men continued to disappear and reappear at random and some disappeared entirely.
    Last edited by BigBootyJudy; 02-29-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to the right thread RaRaRamona!

Did anyone see it last night? Does anyone else think the island is in the magical realm of the Bermuda Triangle? I thought that as soon as they flew into that thunderhead. That is how I have heard the weather in that area described. Then I also felt like the time travel thing with Desmond vaguely reminded me of the movie The Philadelphia Experiment where the Government made that navy ship disappear and then when it reappeared some of the men continued to disappear and reappear at random and some disappeared entirely.

the only thing about the Bermuda Triangle theory is this...Desmond was in BOTH places at the same time...when he blinked out sort of speak he would go unconscious at one place and be conscious in the other...so I'm thinking more along the lines of another dimension not just "time traveling" I also keep going back to the fact that a plane and bodies were found in the ocean...could it be the only people who could return were ones who's bodies were never found?

RaRaRamona Guest
    could it be the only people who could return were ones who's bodies were never found?

Veeery interesting! I thought Dharma/Ben had orchestrated the finding of the "plane" & passengers. Remember Frank said the pilot in the recovered crash was not wearing a ring so it couldn't really be him??

Tonight was awesome! So many answers - it's almost too much - like what can they do now with the story line?

I got teary when Des & PenPen were pledging their love. Those kids!!

Who do you think opened the sick bay door? I think George did. When he went to the future or wherever he was going.

Guest Guest
    Veeery interesting! I thought Dharma/Ben had orchestrated the finding of the "plane" & passengers. Remember Frank said the pilot in the recovered crash was not wearing a ring so it couldn't really be him??

Tonight was awesome! So many answers - it's almost too much - like what can they do now with the story line?

I got teary when Des & PenPen were pledging their love. Those kids!!

Who do you think opened the sick bay door? I think George did. When he went to the future or wherever he was going.

I think Frank opened the door...maybe? lol

I know he said it wasn't the pilot but where the hell did Ben get a plane and all the dead people to put on it?

I also don't think Walt and Michael ever got away...or I should say maybe Micheal did but not Walt...because I do think Michael is the dead guy in the casket...this is also based on the neighborhood...he murdered two women...got them captured they wouldn't have gone to his funeral...but Walt? they would have...and it's not John because I think he would have let them kill him before letting them take him off that Island

the reason I say they didn't get away or were separated etc is think back to season 3...remember when the others and Jack and Julia left the one Island to go back to their bunkers? They were on Walt and Michaels boat...how did they get the boat back if Walt and Michael made it off the Island and back home? I think they sent intercepted that boat..sent Michael back and took Walt again.

now as far as this time trippin stuff...I think that Rousseau's team all "got sick" by going through that cloud...but she didn't because she was already pregnant..and I think that all of her team still exists in the real world but just in a different time

so going with that this is what I think...I think that Jack Kate Hurley Sayid Ben and Aaron are still on the Island...that the reason the "illness" isn't affecting them the way it affected Desmond until he got a hold of Pen is because they were able to establish their contacts at some point...It IMO wouldn't affect Aaron because he was born on the Island...but lets just say that Jack is Kate's contact and she's his...Sayid is Ben's and vice versa..Hurley is everyone's...remember Hurley kept saying to Charlie "you're not here..you're dead" well maybe the Island Charlie is dead but not the real time Charlie? or oh good Lord! I don't know! lmao

this show sure does keep you guessing...but you're right we got a lot more out of this last episode as to what the heck is going on then we have in probably 2 seasons

can't wait for next week..but I think between now and then I'm going to go to ABC.COM and re watch all the episodes this season and see if I missed anything

RaRaRamona Guest
    I think Frank opened the door...maybe? lol

I know he said it wasn't the pilot but where the hell did Ben get a plane and all the dead people to put on it?

I also don't think Walt and Michael ever got away...or I should say maybe Micheal did but not Walt...because I do think Michael is the dead guy in the casket...this is also based on the neighborhood...he murdered two women...got them captured they wouldn't have gone to his funeral...but Walt? they would have...and it's not John because I think he would have let them kill him before letting them take him off that Island

the reason I say they didn't get away or were separated etc is think back to season 3...remember when the others and Jack and Julia left the one Island to go back to their bunkers? They were on Walt and Michaels boat...how did they get the boat back if Walt and Michael made it off the Island and back home? I think they sent intercepted that boat..sent Michael back and took Walt again.

now as far as this time trippin stuff...I think that Rousseau's team all "got sick" by going through that cloud...but she didn't because she was already pregnant..and I think that all of her team still exists in the real world but just in a different time

so going with that this is what I think...I think that Jack Kate Hurley Sayid Ben and Aaron are still on the Island...that the reason the "illness" isn't affecting them the way it affected Desmond until he got a hold of Pen is because they were able to establish their contacts at some point...It IMO wouldn't affect Aaron because he was born on the Island...but lets just say that Jack is Kate's contact and she's his...Sayid is Ben's and vice versa..Hurley is everyone's...remember Hurley kept saying to Charlie "you're not here..you're dead" well maybe the Island Charlie is dead but not the real time Charlie? or oh good Lord! I don't know! lmao

this show sure does keep you guessing...but you're right we got a lot more out of this last episode as to what the heck is going on then we have in probably 2 seasons

can't wait for next week..but I think between now and then I'm going to go to ABC.COM and re watch all the episodes this season and see if I missed anything
    You have some good points. I do think Charlie is dead. He was figment of Hurley's imagination. I think the 6 made it off the island & the others either decided to stay (like Sawyer & John) or died trying to do one or th epther (stay & escape.) I feel like Claire must have died to part with Aaron. OR only so many could go & they had to make a choice.

It's very interesting that Desmond is the professor's constant.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh my I haven't posted in forever!

Okay I have been wondering if the blond baby was Aaron or if Kate had a baby & named him Aaron in honor of Claire's baby. Now we know the six are Hurley, Sayid, Kate, Aaron, Sun & Jack.

I am starting to think that maybe Michael was the one in the casket b/c now I see why they'd know & why the name was different & certainly why no one would go to the funeral.

I am troubled about the French lady! Her daughter is too gorgeous to die.

Thoughts?

mugglemeg Guest

Lost?

I searched for a thread & didn't find one. Sorry if there is already one out there...

Please tell me someone else out there watches Lost? Someone has to!! None of my coworkers do, and my hubby and I have all the same ideas. What did you think? What's going to happen? How did John get there?? Ahhh!!! Such a good episode, answered sooooo many questions. And created even more. Anyway, hopefully we can come up with some good ideas for the rest of the series...

lostsoul23 Guest
    I confess I am a "Lost" junkie. I got hooked when I lived in TN. And thankfully ABC lets me watch it online. I'm eager for next season because I'm thinking there has to be alot of flash forwards or something to explain it...