Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Pictures of Celebrities While Still Alive

Grungegirl83 Guest

Peter Cook, a few months before he died. Did not look well.

ajlposh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    This is Jack Benny and Mary Livingstone in July of 74. He died in December
    That's not Jack Benny's last picture. He appeared on the Dean Martin roast of Lucille Ball just weeks before he died. I'll have to post pictures from that at some point.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    That's not Jack Benny's last picture. He appeared on the Dean Martin roast of Lucille Ball just weeks before he died. I'll have to post pictures from that at some point.

Actually the last one isn't from the Dean Martin roast either. I'll have to dig out my copy of Sunday Nights at Seven and scan the one his daughter took of him shortly before he died.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    RFK. I don't know if this one is on here, but I just found it and it chills me. I'd only ever seen the ones of him all the way on the floor and (probably) already dead.

Not until I saw "Bobby" did I realize he died a few days later...
    So this is truly the last pic before he died.

ajlposh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Actually the last one isn't from the Dean Martin roast either. I'll have to dig out my copy of Sunday Nights at Seven and scan the one his daughter took of him shortly before he died.
    Okay, I'd like to see that

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I'd give anything to see the last picture of Layne before he died

No one has ever seen it but his family, it was taken two months before he passed away, he came out of his normal seclusion to greet his sister Liz's new baby Oscar.
    This is one of the last concert photos taken of Layne:

The last public pictures taken of him was at the 1997 Grammy's...

Who is Layne?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

One of the last pics taken of "are you being served" star Wendy Richards.... weeks before she succumbed to cancer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-0-03F8640D000005DC-966_468x472.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	13824  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Who is Layne?
    Layne Staley.. brilliant leadsinger from Alice in Chains.... huge thread about him in musicians
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    One of the last pics taken of "are you being served" star Wendy Richards.... weeks before she succumbed to cancer...
    aww poor Wendy. Loved her as Pauline Fowler on Eastenders.

trinlee Guest
    This thread is amazing, please if there is more to post please post.

ajlposh Guest
    Here's a picture of Bea Arthur and Rue McCallahan that was taken this past June

ajlposh Guest
    Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny.

Taken on January 2, a few weeks before he died.

Here's a picture of Bea Arthur and Rue McCallahan that was taken this past June

Bea looks lovely! Thanks for the photo

Perdi Guest
    Oh I was so gutted when she died!!! I was only 9 when Eastenders started, so I grew up with her and she was FAB!!!!!!! She was a huge Big Brother fan and used to be on the accompaniment show in the UK, Big Brother's Little Brother every series, and she got really into it and used to really lay into the people she didn't like....just like we all are at work during the series!!!!

Such a shame she is gone!!!

I thought she was the bomb in Are You Being Served? as a kid growing up. Saddens me to see her like that.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

ajlposh Guest
    I know it's very hard to see, but here's the picture that Scott took of George Burns in 1995, the year before he died

ajlposh Guest
    Billy Barty in May of 2000, several months before he died. He had fallen off his scooter and fractured an eye socket. He also had hip replacement surgery. He said "I feel good, I just look horrible."

ChargerBill Guest
    Billy Barty in May of 2000, several months before he died. He had fallen off his scooter and fractured an eye socket. He also had hip replacement surgery. He said "I feel good, I just look horrible."

Looks like he peed himself as well

Bayou Queen Guest
    I am amazed at the amount of information you guys have. I truly am awestruck.

I have some old photos of one of the last concerts Elvis gave. ( sorry my scanner is on the blink and he is a distance away) I went to the concert in Baton Rouge with some girlfriends on March 31st 1977. The opening act performed and then we waited and waited and then all the light came on and there was an annoucement that Elvis was on route to this concert when he fell ill and the plane had to turn back.

I was in so much disbelief, than I thought it was an April Fools Day Joke (it was the next day) and he was going to come out and surprise everyone. I was wrong. He was not coming out. But we did get to go back and see him about 6 weeks later, although I just checked Wikipedia and it said his tour was cancelled after the night he didn't show, but I have photos (from a distance) of him in Baton Rouge. He was very pale, very bloated, sounded great, but kept drinking water constantly and he would put them somewhere on the stage and someone would hand him another in a little while.

I know that this is not correct in Wikapedia because I saw Elvis and it had to be the middle of May or June and then he died in August.
    See Below:

Final year and death/Wikipedia

In 2006, a journalist recalled: "Elvis Presley had [in 1977] become a grotesque caricature of his sleek, energetic former self... he was barely able to pull himself through his abbreviated concerts."[232] In Alexandria, Louisiana, the singer was on stage for less than an hour and "was impossible to understand."[233] In Baton Rouge, Presley failed to appear: he was unable to get out of his hotel bed, and the rest of the tour was cancelled.[233] In Knoxville, Tennessee on May 20, "there was no longer any pretence of keeping up appearances. The idea was simply to get Elvis out on stage and keep him upright..."[234] Despite his obvious problems, shows in Omaha, Nebraska and Rapid City, South Dakota were recorded for an album and a CBS-TV special: Elvis In Concert.[235]

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    Bea looks lovely! Thanks for the photo

this one was taken 12/11/2008....

ajlposh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Who's she with in this picture?

RubySlippers Guest
    Angela Lansbury....

Minnesota Vikings' player Korey Stringer pictured at practice July 31/01. Died August 1/01 - Heatstroke:

I remember when Johnny Carson retired he stated he would be involved with lots of television projects. After he retired none of those materialized, to took to retirement fully.

I remember a Jack Benny show circa 1960 where Johnny does a song and dance to the tune "Ballin' the Jack".
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny.

Taken on January 2, a few weeks before he died.
    Wow, I don't think it even looks like him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post

Egad! That doesn't even look like Bea Arthur!!

Here's the photo of Chris McCandless, which was found undeveloped in his camera after he died.

I think this is actually the last one he took of himself, if I remember right from what I've read. He wrote something farewell-ish on the sign because he knew he was starving and going to die. Look at his legs!

Last edited by Luanne; 04-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    Wow, such beauty.

That RFK photo chills me to the bone. He knew what was happening to him.

Luanne, may I ask who is your avi? Looks like Edie Sedgwick...
    It's Audrey Hepburn, in a pool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ajlposh Guest
    God, she looks like she's already dead.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    I think this is actually the last one he took of himself, if I remember right from what I've read. He wrote something farewell-ish on the sign because he knew he was starving and going to die. Look at his legs!

Why does his smile remind me of "Mr. Bentley?"

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I♥TinyTim View Post
    Great job, Tiny! You rock, hon!

LOL!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    LOL! Thanks!

Overtaxed Guest
    Wow, I don't think it even looks like him.
    He was probably pumped up on Cortizone and other steroids to improve his breathing because of his emphensyma, causing the bloated look.

warmbear Guest
    Bea Arthur and Angela Lansbury

ajlposh Guest
    bump

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    That picture always makes me cry
    God, how I miss George.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Me too DeadRinger, me too

murderer Gary Gilmore on the night before his execution. Executed on January 17/1977 by firing squad:

ajlposh Guest
    George Washington Carver, taken in March 1942, several months before he died.

ajlposh Guest
    Ruth Warrick, in her final AMC storyline, taken circa 2002, a few years before she died in 2005

ajlposh Guest
    Ossie Davis, taken on June 24, 2004, several months before he died on February 4, 2005. He's at the premiere of Spike Lee's She Hate Me

John carpenter Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lincoln-hang-1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	14019Lewis Payne..he was my distant cousin! For real..i was freaked when i found out!

Bunnygirl12 Guest

My gosh, this pic will give me nightmares! Holy Shit!

ajlposh Guest

He looks like Gary Busey.

ajlposh Guest
    Anton Cermack, the mayor of New York, who was killed by someone who tried to kill Franklin Roosevelt. Taken the year he died.

ajlposh Guest
    Harriet Tubman in 1911, two years before she died

ajlposh Guest
    Karl Marx in 1882, the year before he died.

ajlposh Guest
    Bobby Driscoll, taken in 1967, about half a year before he died. One of the few photographs of him in the final period of his life.

ajlposh Guest
    John Calhoun in his later years