1 1.27%
  • Other

24 30.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 22 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite/Least Favorite Foods and Drinks

Littleroben Guest

Favorite/Least Favorite Foods and Drinks

Just a bit of light entertainment, what are everyones favourites?

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Thai, sausage, Waffle Barn, Canned food, frozen food, let's see, and ice cream!

don't_axe_me Guest
    Easier to list what I DON'T like!

onehunglow Guest

I'm with you. Patato salad a bio hazzard

Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    10 years as pro FF/Medic
    5 years as VOl. FF
    18 months in a funeral home and never once chucked on the job

1 sniff of patato salad and I unload it. I can't even look at it.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Death by Chocolate

mommafreak Guest
    my mom's wicked mashed potatoes - to die for!!!!!!!

Ree Guest
    Pasta, salad, pizza, rice, chicken, cheesecake, omg, I am hungry now!

mommafreak Guest
    yea, it's almost supper time !!!!

RubySlippers Guest
    Mexican.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    I second that - I loooooove food in general. I'm deathly allergic to seafood, though, which I last verified eating Crab Rangoon years ago...I'll tell you, though, if I know I'm going to die really soon and have an appetite, I think I'll have some of that crab rangoon, knowing it can't hurt me anymore!

Danny62 Guest
    Mexican food!!!!!!

Thai...so hot my nose runs!!! Italian, Mexican and good old fashioned Mac and Cheese!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Armcast Guest
    Hamburgers!
    Extra mustard...no tomatoes...

auguststar Guest
    Another one for the Mexican Cuisine team!

jester joker Guest
    nothing beats linguine and marinara sauce which is what I would pick if I could only pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life. But like others, it would be a lot easier to tell you what I don't like to eat and that would include most fruits, meats and limited vegetables...ummm such as beets! Yuck!

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Fish and Chips, meatloaf, and macaroni and cheese are my soul food.

monhol Guest
    i love snow crab legs and shrimp. but actually i like all seafood because when i "see" food i eat it. lol

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i love sushi! any seafood is great food! i also enjoy asian cuisine and italian. my grandmother is mexican, so i like mexican food too.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Right now its ALOT of Japanese food...thank goodness I know how to cook it..I have vegetable tempura at least 3 times a week....the running joke right now is that I crave it cos my baby is half Japanese...who knows...I just know I NEED it...lol.....

RoRo Guest
    My chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes and most fast food unfortunately

firegilnotguns Guest
    Man, this thread is making me so hungry!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    TGI Friday's Jack Daniels Flat Iron Steak MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Sushi, Mexican, and Italian, though not at the same time!!!! I love everything though. LOL!

tensecondstolove Guest
    Pizza, pasta, subs, sushi, soups, salads, steaks, you name it! I'm also the best cook in the world. I can cook literally anything and everything to perfection. Oh and I loveeee Mexican food! And Chinese...and Italian....etc.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    10 years as pro FF/Medic
    5 years as VOl. FF
    18 months in a funeral home and never once chucked on the job

1 sniff of patato salad and I unload it. I can't even look at it.
    Not after you try my potato salad, honey. I make the best.

pvezz Guest
    I have such a limited palate; I think it stems from my Irish-descent mom who burnt the shit out of everything we ate, which basically consisted of potatoes and well-done whatever-meat-was-on-sale.

I obviously ABHOR mashed potatoes - UGH - I enjoy:

Filet - medium well
    Chicken - white meat only; no bones/no skin
    Turkey - see rules for chicken
    Hotdogs - only served in hell

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    Pizza, pasta, subs, sushi, soups, salads, steaks, you name it! I'm also the best cook in the world. I can cook literally anything and everything to perfection. Oh and I loveeee Mexican food! And Chinese...and Italian....etc.

I think I'm falling in love!

pvezz Guest
    I forgot to say that any kind of seafood can go get fucked. OMG - retch!

MbalmR Guest
    I love anything made with cheese. I'd put cheese on a brownie, if I liked baked sweets (I don't.)

Pizza
    Burritos--and pile on the refried beans! Then move away and let me deflate
    My home made au gratin potatoes--go to hell, Betty Crocker!
    Frozen custard
    Macaroni and cheese
    Seafood
    Buffalo wings
    Stir fry
    Prime rib, New York strip
    "Loose meat" sandwiches (aka Maid-Rites--I do 'em at home!)

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I love anything made with cheese. I'd put cheese on a brownie, if I liked baked sweets (I don't.)

Pizza
    Frozen custard
    Macaroni and cheese
    Seafood
    Buffalo wings
    Stir fry

Oh God! I recently went drove up north and stopped in Wichita. I had Loose Meat sandwich there and it was GREAT! I had to buy a few more so I could take them along on my trip. I would love to be able to make them at home...

MbalmR Guest
    I'll share the recipe I used, if you wish. I have several recipes (I find that everyone has their own version of a "genuine" Maid-Rite.) Drop me a PM or email and I'll give you the recipe I tried. I'm gonna try 'em all!

jester joker Guest

Pizza
    Frozen custard
    Macaroni and cheese
    Seafood
    Buffalo wings
    Stir fry
    Loose Meat? Are we talking about a food or a person? Har har har! Seriously, is this another term for something along the lines of a 'sloppy joe' sandwich, perhaps? Is it like scrambled hamburg with a spicy tomato based sauce or like a 'pulled pork' sandwich? Last time I heard this term was on The Roseanne Show. Thanks!

MbalmR Guest
    "Loose meat" doesn't have the same flavor as a Sloppy Joe (both are scrumptious to me.) In researching recipes for an "authentic" Maid-Rite, I find that the main ingredients are quite simple: ground beef, minced onion, beef bouillon, salt & pepper to taste, and beer or chicken broth. Simmer the mess together until you can't stand the smell anymore without drooling all over yourself, and spoon 'em up on a bun with mustard and dill pickle slices. Sounds a bit plain, but it's a strangely satifsfying sandwich!

And yes, that's the "Lunch Box" sandwich on the Roseanne show.

MbalmR Guest
    And pulled pork ROCKS!

Guest Guest
    Italian, I love pasta's. And chinese.

I love Andrew Zimmern cause I'll try almost anytyhing.But absolute fav would have to be pizza,you can put anything on pizza crust and eat it.

onehunglow Guest

The one place I am King: My house and the only real rule.

Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    Not after you try my potato salad, honey. I make the best.
    That bio toxin is not ever to be allowed in here in any way shape or form. I had a very bad experience with that "food" in 1957 and have not forgotten it. If my Wife eats it, I don't want her anywhere near me until that smell is gone. Ill now.

I told My Wife on our 1st date about my disgust of that shit. So she knew when we got married how it would be. All 4 of my Kids hate it as well. I am very laid back and easy going but on that, I don't bend.

MbalmR Guest
    I understand, onehunglow..........I had an unfortunate incident with a brussel sprout as a child, and even now as I think about them, my skin begins to crawl.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    I understand, onehunglow..........I had an unfortunate incident with a brussel sprout as a child, and even now as I think about them, my skin begins to crawl.
    OMG...I am the same way with Irish Car Bombs....but then again thats probably a whole other thread...lol.....

jester joker Guest

Talking

"Loose meat" doesn't have the same flavor as a Sloppy Joe (both are scrumptious to me.) In researching recipes for an "authentic" Maid-Rite, I find that the main ingredients are quite simple: ground beef, minced onion, beef bouillon, salt & pepper to taste, and beer or chicken broth. Simmer the mess together until you can't stand the smell anymore without drooling all over yourself, and spoon 'em up on a bun with mustard and dill pickle slices. Sounds a bit plain, but it's a strangely satifsfying sandwich!

And yes, that's the "Lunch Box" sandwich on the Roseanne show.
    Thanks so much! Sounds right up my alley and will have to check this out one of these days. Nothing like something easy and quick to eat! heck, I am happy with a can of Beefaroni or a Ramen Noodle soup (you know, those little bagged soups that are like 200 for a buck???)

Littleroben Guest
    Kind of understand, I hate gooseberries, yuck, but sprouts........they are yummy lol Can't have Christmas without them.

MbalmR Guest
    OMG, yes!!!!!!!!! Those Ramen noodle soups! I can dine on those for ages and not pass out from dehydration. As much as I'm a food whore, I'm not a food SNOB--there's a difference--and I love Spaghetti-Os, too. Even more shocking is that I enjoy, on occasion, Triscuits with Easy Cheese on them. Heaven.

magblax Guest
    Japanese... Sushi and Chocolate

jester joker Guest

Talking

OMG, yes!!!!!!!!! Those Ramen noodle soups! I can dine on those for ages and not pass out from dehydration. As much as I'm a food whore, I'm not a food SNOB--there's a difference--and I love Spaghetti-Os, too. Even more shocking is that I enjoy, on occasion, Triscuits with Easy Cheese on them. Heaven.
    Oh wow! Never met anyone else with the same weird 'junk food' tastes as myself. Soooooo nische to meetcha! I have a good one for you: sometimes, I will mix a cajun chicken flavored Ramen soup with..........................a can of either Beefaroni or spaghetti-o's with meatballs. I wish I were kidding........... also, just wanted to let you know that your writing has been very entertaining. Thanks!

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    That bio toxin is not ever to be allowed in here in any way shape or form. I had a very bad experience with that "food" in 1957 and have not forgotten it. If my Wife eats it, I don't want her anywhere near me until that smell is gone. Ill now.

I told My Wife on our 1st date about my disgust of that shit. So she knew when we got married how it would be. All 4 of my Kids hate it as well. I am very laid back and easy going but on that, I don't bend.
    Yeah I understand that. Isn't that funny how kids do that? It's like--if a parent hates mayo, all the kids hate it. It's kinda funny. Probably cuz they grow up hearing about how gross it is so they never wanna try it LOL

beautygirlsmom Guest
    You guys are killing me with this thread. I had WLS, so I eat a lot of soup. My favorite is seafood tofu soup from a local Japanese restaurant.

katspjs Guest
    Mexican, Sushi, Thai, Italian,fondue, and from time to time some killer German (sauerbraten, especially), but if I was on death row, dark chocolate something.....and they'd have to let me make it !

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jester joker View Post
    Oh wow! Never met anyone else with the same weird 'junk food' tastes as myself. Soooooo nische to meetcha! I have a good one for you: sometimes, I will mix a cajun chicken flavored Ramen soup with..........................a can of either Beefaroni or spaghetti-o's with meatballs. I wish I were kidding........... also, just wanted to let you know that your writing has been very entertaining. Thanks!
    LOL, thanks! Here's another one of my food whore secrets: I'll add freshly shredded cheddar cheese to that boxed Kraft macaroni and cheese meal. It's like I can't get enough cheese! (I cut back on the butter because the extra cheese adds more fat, so I'm making SOME effort.) Of course, I could care LESS about the fat. My cardiologist, whomever that may end up to be, hasn't yet ordered me to eat tofu, yeast culture and "leafy green vegetables," so unless and until he/she does so, I graze away shamelessly!

jester joker Guest

Talking

Oh heck....................more cheese just sounds normal to me!!!! If you really want to get some 'zing' and fat (like is there anything better???? I think NOT!), add some hot bulk sausage to the mac and cheese with extra cheese. I like to use Jimmy Dean's hot bulk sausage in the gold package. Cook the sausage and take out with a slotted spoon (definately do not drain the orange grease fat!) and set aside. Then add water with the 'orange' grease fat from the sausage and cook the macaroni until done and then make the mac and cheese how you like it and add the sausage back in. This is one food that I almost eat up out of the pot before it is ready... Spicy, cheesy, lots a pasta...total junk food delight!!!! You definately wouldn't want to tell ANY doctor about this delacasy....hehhehehe!

Movie popcorn.