Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

Now we have to endure 9 months of a media blitz until they marry, and then of course it gets worse after that.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

My advice to her is to stay out of chauffeured cars.

Desertrose Guest
    What??!!! He didn't go to Jared?????

Giada Guest
    Meh ... media contrived. "We've planned this for years, " PW. But now we release this info to promote the monarchy and encourage the peasants and tourists contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    We're all on the same page about that ring! I just imagine it being worn by a desperately unhappy young woman. I'm superstitious enough that I'd perform some kind of purification ritual before I put that on my hand. Maybe Wills can get the Archbishop of Canterbury to pray over it?

On the other hand, maybe to William it's a highly personal treasure of his beloved mom. It was unusual at the time. We weren't used to colored stones for engagement rings back then. A sapphire ring like that is now called a "Princess Diana" ring

My how the world has changed! Charles had to find a kid willing to marry a guy over 30 because his bride had to be a virgin. The story is Diana was meant to marry Andrew, but Charles goofed.
    Charles goofed? How - I don't remember this.

And I knew Diana was a virgin, because they made a big deal out of it. Is this still the "cardinal rule"? I mean, Kate is marrying the future King of England - does she have to be a virgin? Or does it matter anymore?
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Now we have to endure 9 months of a media blitz until they marry, and then of course it gets worse after that.
    I don't think they will get married anywhere near Diana's wedding date. I am thinking May or September....

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post

Goofed in the sense, that he drug his relationships out. He was off in the Navy and even Camilla got tired of waiting and married someone else. By the time he and the people around him thought he was of an age to marry, all the interesting women around his age had "a past"- they lived through the 70s after all!
    But he didn't mess up as bad as Edward the Duke of Windsor. He preferred to have married women as mistresses. Worked out until he fell in love with one with two living former husbands!

The whole virtue of the bride business is the old double standard- since the days of Ug the Caveman! Even more so with a future King. The woman chosen to be the official heir bearer, it was thought couldn't have slept around, raising questions about who fathered the next King.
    Maybe William and Kate were each other's first serious love in college? That would be nice.
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 11-16-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Charles is a bumbling twit.
    I think William and Kate will save the day!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Thanks Fanny for the explanation.....maybe they are saving themselves for marriage, or are born again virgins....

And I knew Diana was a virgin, because they made a big deal out of it. Is this still the "cardinal rule"? I mean, Kate is marrying the future King of England - does she have to be a virgin? Or does it matter anymore?
    Considering that they first shared an apartment together in St Andrews, then moved out of town to a farm together whilst studying at university, I would suspect her hymen was obliterated a long long time ago. So in answer to your question, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

orionova Guest
    I wish them well, I really do. It can't be easy to live in a fishbowl.

Desertrose Guest
    William and Kate have lived together, they are both in their late 20's, so with that, I seriously doubt they are virgins. Even the Queen can't undo that.

Nicki Guest

Personally I don't think this rule applys anymore! AND if the truth be told 9 times out of 10 it has never apply!

RogerV Guest
    I don't remember the exact number, but Charles and Diana had spent a ridiculously small number of hours alone before they got married, and they knew next to nothing about each other. I still shake my head when I hear the story about Charles bringing books by a South African philosopher on their honeymoon, thinking they could discuss them over dinner. He didn't know apparently that Diana had hardly read a single book in her entire life.

They also had such drastically different ideas about married life that I wonder if it might have broken up even WITHOUT Camilla.

If William and Kate don't know each other by now, they never will!

1karenhb Guest
    It is a gorgeous ring but to me it's "cursed" too. O.k. to give Kate the ring but not as an engagement ring. Too many sad memories come with it.

There was a PR problem with KAte that they never really reconciled. She doesn't have a fulltime job. There was thought that British people won't accept these girls who expect everything and give nothing back.She obtained a degree but in reality what was the point? Here is an excerpt from an article about this.

The Mail on Sunday can report that Kate is currently working for her parents’ mail-order company, Party Pieces, which supplies children’s party gifts.

She quit her job as an accessories buyer for High Street chain Jigsaw at the end of last year and announced that she wanted to pursue a career as a photographer.

There was speculation she would take up a job offer to train under Royal photographer Mario Testino in New York in February, but it never materialised.
    Instead, Kate has spent the past three months working for Party Pieces, photographing new stock for its website.

It’s not what you would call a nine-to-five job,’ said a friend of the Middletons. ‘It’s an easy number for Kate and basically something to fill her days while she waits for William.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz15ZPE1YxK

Diana worked as a preschool teacher when she was dating Charles. She was actually upset when she had to leave her job!
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giada Guest

Estimated income from the, "Royal Wedding," .... 864M. Given William's loss of his mother, I wonder if post the wedding, and planned rural living, if they may lead a much more restricted, and quieted life than his parents.

As for Kate's future service ... She'll have her assigned charities and be busy creating an heir and a spare ...

One glaring thing, for me anyways, that will be different with these two is that they BOTH have that star power. Diana was the one you wanted to watch and look at - Charles, blah! Wills and Kate are both good-looking and will both be appealing to the public.

endsleigh03 Guest
    During the Dateline show last night they were saying that the wedding would be scaled back somewhat due to the economy. Not sure what scaled back means in a case like this.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    During the Dateline show last night they were saying that the wedding would be scaled back somewhat due to the economy. Not sure what scaled back means in a case like this.

You can already tell this wedding is under "cost restraints". He already gave her a previously used engagement ring and explained it was for senimental reasons. I never thought I would see something like that from the British Monarchy.

I don't think it will be pot luck where everyone brings a covered dish though.
    Last edited by coconn04; 11-18-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I don't think they'll have a hard time finding a church or reception hall, though. Mum's house is plenty big, I hear.

LOL been exactly there among the crowd in early April 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    You can already tell this wedding is under "cost restraints". He already gave her a previously used engagement ring and explained it was for senimental reasons. I never thought I would see something like that from the British Monarchy.

I don't think it will be pot luck where everyone brings a covered dish though.
    More likely scaled back because the British government isn't stumping up the bill, the Germans have to pay for it themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Giada Guest
    Mumsie, Dadsie, and Charles will foot the cost of the wedding. The British taxpayers, it's reported, will cover the cost of security, estimated at 22M to 30M.

The offset profit is to the British economy, estimated at up to 830 pounds.

Are global television rights sold ....

(I see no reason for this not to be a moneymaker, the British tabs are crazy with the news)

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    It is a gorgeous ring but to me it's "cursed" too. O.k. to give Kate the ring but not as an engagement ring. Too many sad memories come with it.
    I thought it was a lovely gesture from Wills but it will always be 'Diana's ring'. Kate probably would have preferred her own engagement ring but she can hardly kick up a fuss now.

growl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I agreed The first thing I thought of was BAD JUJU when she got that ring for her engagement ring. I think I would have asked for something else. It's not like they don't have anything else to choose from! I'm sure they could find several little trinkets to choose from in the family storehouse!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    I thought it was a lovely gesture from Wills but it will always be 'Diana's ring'. Kate probably would have preferred her own engagement ring but she can hardly kick up a fuss now.
    I bet the "real" one is in a vault most of the time, and the "hang around the house ring" is a well made fake.

So the date is set, April 29 at the Abbey. Does it seem weird that William would want their wedding at the place where they held his mother's funeral? I know life goes on and all, but I bet it wasn't his choice. Tradition won.

Charles and Diana got married at St. Paul's Cathedral supposedly because the last big Royal event held at the Abbey was the funeral for his Uncle Dickie- Lord Mountbatten, assassinated by the IRA.
    Guess St. Paul's, where his parents began their unhappy life together, would have been a worse choice.
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 11-23-2010 at 07:45 AM.

It was reported this morning that Prince William and Kate will marry April 29th.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Giada Guest
    I'll take bets on Kate wearing the ring for public functions but having her own beautiful wedding ring to wear daily.

These jewels are always shlepped between family members ...

(Diana was known to wear tiara's, etc., from dead royalty)

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    I'll take bets on Kate wearing the ring for public functions but having her own beautiful wedding ring to wear daily.

These jewels are always shlepped between family members ...

(Diana was known to wear tiara's, etc., from dead royalty)
    I saw the crown jewels about a month ago and I was surprised when I found that to make a new crown, they just took the jewels out of one crown too make another.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

29th April it is, I'm looking forward to the day off work, I won't be watching, but will be interested in seeing her dress, she's a beautiful girl.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Phillipa Lepley is considered the frontrunner for designer chosen to make the gown.

Her site here: http://www.phillipalepley.com/ I love the pictures of the real brides.

Neil is right <grin> I'm going to talk about all the details leading up to April 29! Probably I'll try to find a Royal wedding teacup too!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Prince Edward, now Earl of Wessex and his wife, Sophie (the countess) have such a low profile compared to some of the Royals.

They have a daughter age 7 and a little boy who is now 3. The Earl no longer has a film production company. Wikipedia says he gets an income of 141,000 pounds a year from the Civil List and carries a full schedule of royal duties.

Anyhow, she was a gorgeous bride. http://brideabroad.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=400&h=380 They were married at St. George's Cathedral in Windsor.

They live in a little place in the country called Bagshot park. It has at least 120 rooms and sits on a royal estate of 50 square miles located 11 miles SW of Windsor Castle. It's farmed like Windsor estate. Wonder how many people are employed to keep it running?

Giada Guest
    Sophie's dress is as horrid looking as Diana's ...

(At one time Sophie was the Diana wannabe with her negative comments of the queen caught on tape).

I'll hope Wills and Kate garner more headlines than Palin. The Paris Hilton of politics is a major annoyance ...

ROYAL SCANDAL: NANNY-GATE

Photo by: The National Enquirer

New furor in the UK! Prince William is following in his father's footsteps - by marrying a woman who's the mirror image of his childhood nanny!

The 28-year-old royal's fiance Kate Middleton bears an uncanny resemblance to his nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke, while his father Prince Charles' wife Camilla Parker Bowles looks strikingly similar to his nanny, Mabel Anderson.

William, who recently announced his engagement to Kate, has been close to Tiggy since she became his nanny in 1993 when the prince was 11.

It was a time of turmoil for Wills as his beloved mother Princess Diana had recently separated from his father.

Tiggy's love helped him get through those difficult days.

The future king's fiancee Kate has the same shiny brown hair, toothy smile and even a similarly shaped chin and nose as a young Tiggy!

Meanwhile, Charles' nanny and his wife also share eerily similar facial features, including shallow eyelids and smiles that look more like upside-down frowns.

Adding to the Camilla-Mabel parallels, Charles met Camilla when she was 23 - the same age as Mabel when she started looking after him!

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Oh brotherrrrrrrrr.

Really?? I don't think so .....
    I think Will is very strong willed and is marrying who he wants to....
    Nothing like saying "We are really happy for you, but here's the skeleton in the closet....it was a slow news day for us.."

I like Sophie's dress better than Diana's except the long sleeves shouldn't be belled at the cuffs.

I agree with Jrwzeigle in that I believe that Will is marrying who he wants and loves. The tabloid will compare poor Kate to anyone. Yes, in those pics they are dressed similarly but I think it ends there. JMO.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

ROYAL SCANDAL: NANNY-GATE

Photo by: The National Enquirer

New furor in the UK! Prince William is following in his father's footsteps - by marrying a woman who's the mirror image of his childhood nanny!

The 28-year-old royal's fiance Kate Middleton bears an uncanny resemblance to his nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke, while his father Prince Charles' wife Camilla Parker Bowles looks strikingly similar to his nanny, Mabel Anderson.

William, who recently announced his engagement to Kate, has been close to Tiggy since she became his nanny in 1993 when the prince was 11.

It was a time of turmoil for Wills as his beloved mother Princess Diana had recently separated from his father.

Tiggy's love helped him get through those difficult days.

The future king's fiancee Kate has the same shiny brown hair, toothy smile and even a similarly shaped chin and nose as a young Tiggy!

Meanwhile, Charles' nanny and his wife also share eerily similar facial features, including shallow eyelids and smiles that look more like upside-down frowns.

Adding to the Camilla-Mabel parallels, Charles met Camilla when she was 23 - the same age as Mabel when she started looking after him!

That boy is going to be accused of having mommy issues for the rest of his life, probably.

"His mother ate an orange once. Look! He's eating an orange!"

"Red alert! He's buying a couch! His mother had a couch!"

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That boy is going to be accused of having mommy issues for the rest of his life, probably.

"His mother ate an orange once. Look! He's eating an orange!"

"Red alert! He's buying a couch! His mother had a couch!"
    Exactly. Besides being 2nd in line to the throne he has to put up with that garbage. It is going to happen the rest of his life. Kate is taking on such a load being his wife and now being compared to every woman out there must be a terrible burden.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Giada Guest
    UK sensationalist tabloids, feels like home ...

(No wonder they want to live quietly North Wales)

Queen Elizabeth's old granny panties expected to sell for $9k

• December 5th, 2010 9:07 am ET

Queen Elizabeth II panties could be yours!
    Photo: TMZ

A Florida man is auctioning off a pair of underwear he says once belonged to Queen Elizabeth II.
    So as the story goes, the panties were bought by famous Miami playboy "Baron" Joseph de Bicske Dobronyi -- or Sepy, as he was known, from a friend after they were left on a private plane when the Queen took a trip to Chile in 1968.
    Sepy held on to the under garments for forty years, until he passed away last June.
    This raises some questions:
    Why was the Queen leaving her panties in random places? Does this mean she was part of the Royal Mile High Club? Did Queen Elizabeth do a walk of shame on a tarmac in Chile?? And, what the hell was Sepy doing with these things for the past forty years?
    Ick.
    Regardless of what the panties have been through, Sepy’s estate will soon offer them up by the same auction house that sold Queen Victoria’s undies back in 2008, and they are hoping to get the same price – about $9,000.
    Just an FYI to the bidders, you can get five pairs for $25 at Victoria’s in Jersey City

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

radiojane Guest
    This raises some questions:
    Why was the Queen leaving her panties in random places? Does this mean she was part of the Royal Mile High Club? Did Queen Elizabeth do a walk of shame on a tarmac in Chile?? And, what the hell was Sepy doing with these things for the past forty years?
    Ick.

Come on now. That broad's got a tough gig. If she got some airplane nooky then good for her!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Exactly. Besides being 2nd in line to the throne he has to put up with that garbage. It is going to happen the rest of his life. Kate is taking on such a load being his wife and now being compared to every woman out there must be a terrible burden.

I agree, 100%. I think they are a beautiful couple - I wish them the best!

I didn't think people took engagement photos anymore.

Prince William & Kate Middleton: What a Royal Engagement Looks Like

Mario Testino/Clarence House Press Office via Getty Images

You didn't expect them to go to the Sears portrait studio, did you?
    Prince William and fiancée Kate Middleton got noted fashion photog Mario Testino to shoot their two sets of engagement pics, which they released this weekend.
    There's also this formal look

Mario Testino/Clarence House Press Office via Getty Images

Last edited by coconn04; 12-13-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

radiojane Guest
    She's gorgeous.

She is very photogenic too.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Guest Guest
    I think that if Diana were alive and could have picked the woman and relationship for her son...this is the girl she would have picked

these kids already got something going for them...they met on their own and have been in a very long relationship..even living together...the "family" didn't pick her..he did..the family may have pushed a little for them to make it official after all of this time...but...at least they know each other...and you can tell they love each other unlike Charles and Di

I think she is lovely and I wish them a happy loving marriage...it is a shame that Diana isn't here to share it but I think that is why she has been incorporated via her ring...heard a rumor that Kate will also be wearing the tiara that Di wore on her wedding day...I don't believe in bad juju when it comes to something that belonged to his mother who is no longer with us...the meaning behind it is different than when Di received that ring...in THIS relationship..there is love and no doubt Di loved her boys more than life itself...if a product of Di's and Charles marriage is bad juju...than William and Harry would be it..and they are not

I think she is lovely and will make a lovely Queen someday...must burn Camilla's biscuits to know that she will never be Queen...I have a feeling Charles is never going to be King..I think he's going to get skipped over and it's going to William