Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

FannyB1923 Guest
    I didn't participate in the 2010 Death Pool, but I'd think about adding Camilla the Duchess. The Globe has been running stories for months about her drinking being out of control and knockdown drag outs with Charles.

Sounds absurd, given that she finally got what she wanted, but as Mr. Spock said, "having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting"
    And all the absurd stories about Diana and Charles- even the infamous telephone conversations- turned out to be true!

The same Globe story says that Kate and Prince William will marry next year. I'm not sure. The Royals are creatures of habit. Back in 1981, Charles went on a tour of Australia, and after returning, their engagement was announced in February, with the wedding happening in July.
    William just went on an Australian tour.
    It doesn't seem fair to expect them to wait another year.

OH, there's lots of speculation that the Queen will step down on her 85th birthday. Having been monarch for over 50 years, let the lady have some quiet time....and abdicate in favor of William. Charles is 61, the age when lots of guys want to retire and paint watercolors. Supposedly that's what is setting the Duchess off- that she'll never be queen.

Like a bad fairy tale, come to think of it.

John carpenter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    ITA.

Charles and Horseface a love story?

Please.

Those two are two of the biggest frauds on the face of the earth. They make me sick. They deserve each other because they are just alike.

They ruined everything around them.

Remember when Charles phone calls to horseface came out?

He actually said in his next life he wanted to come back as her tampon.

Yup, sounds like a real love story to me.
    Correction Dumbo & Horseface LOL

I doubt if the Queen will ever "step down". The Coronation ceremony is a deeply religioius event and she's in pretty good shape for her age. As for Charles becoming king: UGHH. He's such a boring, pompous twit.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

innervoice Guest
    The Duchess of Cornwall could never really be "queen", anyway. She's merely a wife and consort.

I think Liz will outlive Charlie, so the monarchy would simply pass to William. Any twit who could compare his devotion to Camilla to a tampon doesn't deserve to rule.

FannyB1923 Guest
    They're a healthy bunch for sure. Prince Phillip is about 88 I think.

I agree it's possible that HRH might outlive Charles. True, he's made a lot of his own misery, but I don't think he's a happy fellow. I wonder if the Queen could appoint William a Prince Regent- like on the job training?

The only way William could be appointed Regent is if Charles suffered some physical or mental issues that would incapacitate him.
    As far as Camilla becoming queen, right now it seems remote, but I think if Ol' Charlie becomes King, he will name her Queen-Consort and overturn the current ruling that she is to be styled "Princess Consort" ::GAACK::

BooMom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    The only way William could be appointed Regent is if Charles suffered some physical or mental issues that would incapacitate him.
    As far as Camilla becoming queen, right now it seems remote, but I think if Ol' Charlie becomes King, he will name her Queen-Consort and overturn the current ruling that she is to be styled "Princess Consort" ::GAACK::
    There's a precedent for that, I think - anyone know for sure?

Yes. Once he's King Charles III, he can elevate her in rank to be his Queen Consort.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I'd think there would be a public outcry if the taxpayers have to shell out for a Coronation for Charles when he's like 72 years old. William would be the economical choice ;-)

LOL- Divine Right of Kings and all that. Maybe the "gray men' should be conducting focus groups, "Who should be the next Ruler- Charles or William?"

sheri Guest
    I thought Charles already had mental issues???

Gorey Guest

I thought when he married Camilla that proved his mental instability??
    I'd never stand for Her to be Queen and I'm not even an English subject.
    I might have to travel to England to see Wills be crowned if the Old Girl will pass Charlie for William.

Sam Guest
    I think Camilla is an ugly hag.
    Why didn't Charles just say he wanted to come back as her toilet paper?

Because they were in love with each other and had been since the 70s. So after Diana's death, the Prince's camp gave ol' Camilla a few shots of Botox, made her quit smoking, revamped her wardrobe and ~ (drum roll) there she is, the Rotweiller in all her glory. I think they deserve each other, why not? They're so old and boring together, don't you think?

innervoice Guest
    I love England (especially London) and have visited several times. A couple of things that surprised me on past visits were:

1) A Big Bus tour guide who was clearly anti-Diana and pro-Camilla; she had no problem with stating her opinion on the subject....

2) When visiting a Windsor Castle photo exhibit of the Royal Family a couple of years ago, all traces of Charles' union with Diana had been erased. Only photos that portrayed Charles with William and Harry as they were growing up or pictures of Charles and Camilla were featured. As much as the monarchy likes to pretend that Diana didn't "happen", she WAS part of that family for what, 17 years? The photo exhibit was gone as of September, 2009. Perhaps too many tourists made comments.

I so Miss the Queen Mum.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

2) When visiting a Windsor Castle photo exhibit of the Royal Family a couple of years ago, all traces of Charles' union with Diana had been erased. Only photos that portrayed Charles with William and Harry as they were growing up or pictures of Charles and Camilla were featured. As much as the monarchy likes to pretend that Diana didn't "happen", she WAS part of that family for what, 17 years? The photo exhibit was gone as of September, 2009. Perhaps too many tourists made comments.

Talk about trying to wipe the slate clean. That is sad though, she was a big part of the monarchy, even if was only for 17 years. Wonder how the boys feel about their mum being "erased"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Salad Fingers Guest
    Because they were in love with each other and had been since the 70s. So after Diana's death, the Prince's camp gave ol' Camilla a few shots of Botox, made her quit smoking, revamped her wardrobe and ~ (drum roll) there she is, the Rotweiller in all her glory. I think they deserve each other, why not? They're so old and boring together, don't you think?
    I think they deserve each other and they are about as exciting as watching paint dry.William has been out here watching the tennis and I couldnt help but notice that as he is getting older he is starting to look more like his dad,you can still see a lot of his mum in him though.

It's a shame that he's losing his hair like Charles.

Salad Fingers Guest
    That may be why I could see more of his dad in him.I hope his mothers personality remains strong in him.

It seems to be, so far. I just hope he doesn't take a bride to be a brood mare, and discard her, sound familiar?

Salad Fingers Guest
    Sure does.

FannyB1923 Guest
    William sure is dragging his feet about marrying Kate. She must be crazy about him.
    Charles had several serious romances by the time he was Wills' age and it seemed like more often the woman would drop him and opt for a regular life.

The Globe this week has a feature "who will be next to die" cover story. Just up our alley. Camilla got five skulls, for "it doesn't look good"
    They ran a very unflattering picture of her sitting down with multiple rolls of abdominal fat showing. In an unhealthy way. If she was just gaining weight, they'd put her in a Spanx. She was wearing the royal visit outfit, nice hat, but didn't look healthy or happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    William sure is dragging his feet about marrying Kate. She must be crazy about him.
    Charles had several serious romances by the time he was Wills' age and it seemed like more often the woman would drop him and opt for a regular life.

The Globe this week has a feature "who will be next to die" cover story. Just up our alley. Camilla got five skulls, for "it doesn't look good"
    They ran a very unflattering picture of her sitting down with multiple rolls of abdominal fat showing. In an unhealthy way. If she was just gaining weight, they'd put her in a Spanx. She was wearing the royal visit outfit, nice hat, but didn't look healthy or happy.
    As for Camilla - you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say .

FannyB1923 Guest
    The Globe and The Enquirer both are running "stressed out, unhappy Kate" stories this week.

The new Globe says that Kate's weight has dropped to 105 and she's very tall. Uh oh, just like Diana. There's a picture and she looks fashion model thin; too thin for the real world. This is supposedly because of all the stress; all the royal "gray men" telling her what to do.

Then the Enquirer story is saying that she's flipping out because she's been told to just expect William to cheat on her. http://www.nationalenquirer.com/prin...elebrity/69016

So assuming she really loves the guy, why marry him when everybody just assumes he'll stray? RUN KATE!!!! It's not worth getting your picture on a teacup. Or put something in the prenup about it: If you cheat, I get $5 million euros, and if I cheat, you promise not to cut off my head.

I'm old fashioned and feel like if they wanted to be together they should have got married like five years ago. Dragging it out like this isn't natural.

I have to agree. What's the deal? It's not like William's a youngster any longer, and even Kate is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Pat Bateman Guest
    I have to agree. What's the deal? It's not like William's a youngster any longer, and even Kate is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Maybe they're waiting for Camilla to drop off her perch.

Kate sort of leaves me cold, for some reason. Harry's girl Chelsy seems more likeable and down-to-earth. I hope he marries her.

Compared to Diana, nothing seems to come close, in my opinion.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Compared to Diana, nothing seems to come close, in my opinion.

That's true. She was born with natural charisma. Would have been just as loved as Queen Mother.

Every pot has a lid.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Nicki Guest
    Does anyone feel sorry for her?

Telegraph:
    The Duchess of York's debts have risen to almost £5 million, causing alarm in the Royal family, which now fears her best option is bankruptcy.

Last month the Duchess was forced to lay off 11 full-time and part-time staff but still her debts, with interest payments, are growing by the day Photo: GETTY

Last month the Duchess was forced to lay off 11 full-time and part-time staff but still her debts, with interest payments, are growing by the day Photo: GETTY

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that at least one senior financial adviser to Buckingham Palace has recommended voluntary bankruptcy even though this would cause acute embarrassment to the Queen, the Duke of York and others.

The Queen is said to be “deeply concerned” by the debts, which are more than twice as large as previously thought.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister, has even been briefed on the issue and the problem is believed to have been discussed recently during one of his weekly private audiences with the Queen.
    No senior member of the Royal family has ever been declared bankrupt, but this course of action is increasingly likely.
    “One key adviser believes the right thing is for the Duchess of York to go bankrupt. He says it will be a week-long wonder, then everyone will say, 'It’s not altogether surprising’ and then they will forget about it,” a senior royal source said.
    However, the Duke of York, who along with his private office is masterminding the “rescue plan”, knows that the Duchess is desperately keen to avoid bankruptcy. Such a move would also be particularly embarrassing for him because he is the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Development.
    The near £5 million figure relates to the Duchess’s personal and business debts on both sides of the Atlantic. It is believed that slightly more than half of the money owed relates to the US, where some of her legal fees have grown out of control.
    The interest alone on the debts totals several thousand pounds a week and the Duchess has no real income to pay off the money owed.
    This is the latest in a series of embarrassments that the Duchess has caused the Royal family over the past two decades but, even now, the Duke of York is being supportive towards the mother of his two daughters, the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
    In May, the Duchess was the victim of a tabloid newspaper sting in which she offered to sell access to her ex-husband for £500,000. She was filmed by an undercover News of the World reporter taking a $40,000 (£27,000) down payment. She later apologised for her “serious error of judgment” and said the Duke of York knew nothing of her actions.
    Senior sources close to the Royal family have said that the Duke of York had paid off one large debt incurred by his former wife before the News of the World story broke.
    “The Duke is still very fond of her and he is keen to see that she doesn’t get in such deep trouble that she can’t dig her way out of it,” said one senior source.
    “The Duchess has been incredibly naive. She has been using lawyers in America and not understanding that, when they turn up bringing three people with them, there is a huge meter which ticks like mad.
    ''The lawyers’ fees in America are gigantic and suddenly some massive bills have arrived. It is this sort of thing that is her biggest [debt] problem.
    “The Duchess simply does not have any real idea about money. She has been taken for an incredible ride by some people who have not been honest with her about the way the bills were running up.
    ''She has also been crazily generous towards so many people. She is forever sending people expensive presents without thinking for a second what it all costs. But, of course, the people who suffer are the local butcher, baker and newsagent [some of whom are still owed money].”
    In the mid-1990s, the Duchess amassed debts of £4.2 million but then, in her mid-30s, she went on a four-year earning spree in America, including writing her autobiography, to pay off the debts.
    This time, however, at the age of 50, the situation is far more serious because her earning power in the US has dipped along with her credibility.
    Hartmoor, a US company that dealt with her media, publishing and licensing work, folded last year with debts of £650,000.
    Bankruptcy experts say that, on the face of it, the Duchess fits the bill for someone who would benefit from declaring herself bankrupt.
    “Often bankruptcy is the fastest and cheapest way out of debt. Bankruptcy should be considered if you have no assets to protect, live in rented accommodation or a mortgaged property in negative equity, and are in employment that will not be affected by bankruptcy,” said Bournemouth-based Bankruptcy Information UK.
    A spokesman for the Duchess declined to comment yesterday on the size of her debts.
    “There is currently a review of the Duchess’s finances under way and a number of options are being considered,” he said.
    ''No decision has yet been taken. She has a number of options for rebuilding her career and she is in talks for new contracts regarding licensing, books, television, photography, public speaking and other projects.”
    A friend of the Duchess admitted that voluntary bankruptcy was under serious consideration.
    “Every day there seems to be another debt. But Sarah has taken out a personal loan to try to deal with some [financial] commitments.
    ''Costs are being cut but I don’t know how she is going to get back on her feet: she needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Cry me a frickin' river.

This woman knows better, she's been in a financial disaster before, and yet she doesn't seem to have a clue as to how to stop spending money like a maniac. I think she should go bankrupt, maybe that will penetrate her brain.

Yesterday for my 30th I went to London and went to the Tower Of London! I didn't do the tour, they wanted £17 and I didn't have the time or cash for it. But I walked around the outside and took photos, it's a great place with a bloody history. Saw the Traiters gate in which Anne Bolyen went into and was beheaded! Amazing

Yes, it's an amazing place! My favorite was the jewel house. Knocked my socks off.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Does anyone feel sorry for her?

Telegraph:
    The Duchess of York's debts have risen to almost £5 million, causing alarm in the Royal family, which now fears her best option is bankruptcy.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that at least one senior financial adviser to Buckingham Palace has recommended voluntary bankruptcy even though this would cause acute embarrassment to the Queen, the Duke of York and others.

The Queen is said to be ??deeply concerned? by the debts, which are more than twice as large as previously thought.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister, has even been briefed on the issue and the problem is believed to have been discussed recently during one of his weekly private audiences with the Queen.
    No senior member of the Royal family has ever been declared bankrupt, but this course of action is increasingly likely.
    ??One key adviser believes the right thing is for the Duchess of York to go bankrupt. He says it will be a week-long wonder, then everyone will say, 'It??s not altogether surprising?? and then they will forget about it,? a senior royal source said.
    However, the Duke of York, who along with his private office is masterminding the ??rescue plan?, knows that the Duchess is desperately keen to avoid bankruptcy. Such a move would also be particularly embarrassing for him because he is the UK??s Special Representative for International Trade and Development.
    The near £5 million figure relates to the Duchess??s personal and business debts on both sides of the Atlantic. It is believed that slightly more than half of the money owed relates to the US, where some of her legal fees have grown out of control.
    The interest alone on the debts totals several thousand pounds a week and the Duchess has no real income to pay off the money owed.
    This is the latest in a series of embarrassments that the Duchess has caused the Royal family over the past two decades but, even now, the Duke of York is being supportive towards the mother of his two daughters, the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
    In May, the Duchess was the victim of a tabloid newspaper sting in which she offered to sell access to her ex-husband for £500,000. She was filmed by an undercover News of the World reporter taking a $40,000 (£27,000) down payment. She later apologised for her ??serious error of judgment? and said the Duke of York knew nothing of her actions.
    Senior sources close to the Royal family have said that the Duke of York had paid off one large debt incurred by his former wife before the News of the World story broke.
    ??The Duke is still very fond of her and he is keen to see that she doesn??t get in such deep trouble that she can??t dig her way out of it,? said one senior source.
    ??The Duchess has been incredibly naive. She has been using lawyers in America and not understanding that, when they turn up bringing three people with them, there is a huge meter which ticks like mad.
    ''The lawyers?? fees in America are gigantic and suddenly some massive bills have arrived. It is this sort of thing that is her biggest [debt] problem.
    ??The Duchess simply does not have any real idea about money. She has been taken for an incredible ride by some people who have not been honest with her about the way the bills were running up.
    ''She has also been crazily generous towards so many people. She is forever sending people expensive presents without thinking for a second what it all costs. But, of course, the people who suffer are the local butcher, baker and newsagent [some of whom are still owed money].?
    In the mid-1990s, the Duchess amassed debts of £4.2 million but then, in her mid-30s, she went on a four-year earning spree in America, including writing her autobiography, to pay off the debts.
    This time, however, at the age of 50, the situation is far more serious because her earning power in the US has dipped along with her credibility.
    Hartmoor, a US company that dealt with her media, publishing and licensing work, folded last year with debts of £650,000.
    Bankruptcy experts say that, on the face of it, the Duchess fits the bill for someone who would benefit from declaring herself bankrupt.
    ??Often bankruptcy is the fastest and cheapest way out of debt. Bankruptcy should be considered if you have no assets to protect, live in rented accommodation or a mortgaged property in negative equity, and are in employment that will not be affected by bankruptcy,? said Bournemouth-based Bankruptcy Information UK.
    A spokesman for the Duchess declined to comment yesterday on the size of her debts.
    ??There is currently a review of the Duchess??s finances under way and a number of options are being considered,? he said.
    ''No decision has yet been taken. She has a number of options for rebuilding her career and she is in talks for new contracts regarding licensing, books, television, photography, public speaking and other projects.?
    A friend of the Duchess admitted that voluntary bankruptcy was under serious consideration.
    ??Every day there seems to be another debt. But Sarah has taken out a personal loan to try to deal with some [financial] commitments.
    ''Costs are being cut but I don??t know how she is going to get back on her feet: she needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
    I know that when they divorced, she assumed that Andrew was fablously wealthy, but that was not the case at all. But HOW does someone even THINK about trying to get out of a hole this deep??

Yes, it's an amazing place! My favorite was the jewel house. Knocked my socks off.
    I didnt get inside, I couldnt over spend but the outside is just as good as the inside so I've been told. I hope to go inside there one day! It's my dream to look inside there and Hampton Court

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I know that when they divorced, she assumed that Andrew was fablously wealthy, but that was not the case at all. But HOW does someone even THINK about trying to get out of a hole this deep??
    After her last Crime of having someone pay her $40,000 (???) for access to her ex husband, I am just so finished with her as someone I once consider had some spunk. She is really a dissapointment....no sympathy here!

FannyB1923 Guest
    New picture of Kate and Will at a friend's wedding: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...kate-middleton

OMG- somebody feed that poor girl!

EEEK!!! Wills is starting to look like his father!!!

FannyB1923 Guest
    I noticed that too Duchess. He's losing his youth fast, balding and taking on the look of Grandfather Philip.
    Maybe he ought to shock 'em- take the money and run!

I think it's time he married, personally. I know he has his parent's troubled marriage in mind, but Kate seems ready and if I were her, I would be saying, "PUT A RING on it, or get out!"

FannyB1923 Guest
    I wonder if there's some sort of "tug of war" going on. Like the Royals don't want him to marry her "not suitable" or something and he doesn't want to give her up, so they're hanging in there.

She's getting close to 30, biological clock time! What if she got pregnant? First Royal shotgun wedding? Or would he be like Prince Albert- pay child support to the Royal Mistress?
    Not like it would shock us. What if she marched up the aisle in Westminster Abbey 4 or 5 months along????

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    New picture of Kate and Will at a friend's wedding: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...kate-middleton

OMG- somebody feed that poor girl!
    I think she looks great! I would have to see her in a bathing suit to make that call. Anybody have one?

Princess Diana's Ring -- Now In Kate's Hands Bling Bling!!

Prince William has revealed that he proposed to Kate Middleton with his mom's engagement ring -- the same one Princess Di stopped wearing after Charles cheated on her ... which in turn, ruined the marriage, embarrassed the royals and tore the family apart.
    Diana famously picked out the £30,000 ring -- which consisted of 14 diamonds surrounding a sapphire -- back in 1981. They divorced in 1996.

maybe they will reverse the curse!

Someone mention that Harry was the one who wanted the Ring and got it. I wonder how William got it off him.

DIAMOND SAPPHIRE ENGAGEMENT RING
    This ring has a large oval sapphire surrounded by 14 round diamonds set in 18K white gold.
    This ring is in the possession of Prince Harry. After their mother's death, Princes William and Harry made a visit to Kensington Palace and selected mementos from their mother's possessions. One of the items that Prince Harry chose was this ring and one of the items Prince William chose was his mother's 18K yellow gold Cartier Tank Francaise watch.

Diana Princess of WalesFrom 'The Divided Prince' p.230 by Christopher Andersen, Vanity Fair 20th Anniversary Issue pp.221-252, September 2003
    "

...Four months after the funeral, it was Burrell who opened the black front door to Kensington Palace and welcomed the boys for one last walk through the apartments they had shared with their mother. William shook Burrell's hand, but "Harry ran across and hugged me," the butler recalled. "He knew my heart was breaking as much as theirs."

Then, as a tearful Harry held on tight to Burrell, they walked from room to room, picking out mementos to take with them to their new rooms at St. James's Palace.

Among other things, William chose the Cartier Tank watch that the Princess always wore - a gift from her father, the eight Earl Spencer. Harry picked out the sapphire-and-diamond engagement ring given by Charles to the blushing "Shy Di" when she was just 19."
    Last edited by coconn04; 11-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

There has to be all sorts of bad luck surrounding that ring. I wonder why he chose it. It's not like he couldn't afford to pick out something for her that's more personal....

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    There has to be all sorts of bad luck surrounding that ring. I wonder why he chose it. It's not like he couldn't afford to pick out something for her that's more personal....
    The royal family has a huge stockpile of epic baubles. He should get the keys to the Tower of London from Grandmum and pick out something nice. The 530 carat Star of Africa, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The royal family has a huge stockpile of epic baubles. He should get the keys to the Tower of London from Grandmum and pick out something nice. The 530 carat Star of Africa, maybe?

JHC...

And to think most women (okay SOME women) would settle for a $5,000 job at Spence...

I don't know why he gave his mum's ring to Kate....maybe Harry gave it to him as a kind of "approval" gesture...

maybe Prince William thinks the bad juju that surrounded the ring died with his mum....and I hope he learned from his parents' marriage how not to be a dickhead...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

I admit I had some reservations about Kate having the ring, but it looks smashing on her! Now I understand the sentiment behind it, and William's reasoning. In any case, he just saved a bundle of $$$$$$$$

FannyB1923 Guest
    We're all on the same page about that ring! I just imagine it being worn by a desperately unhappy young woman. I'm superstitious enough that I'd perform some kind of purification ritual before I put that on my hand. Maybe Wills can get the Archbishop of Canterbury to pray over it?

On the other hand, maybe to William it's a highly personal treasure of his beloved mom. It was unusual at the time. We weren't used to colored stones for engagement rings back then. A sapphire ring like that is now called a "Princess Diana" ring

My how the world has changed! Charles had to find a kid willing to marry a guy over 30 because his bride had to be a virgin. The story is Diana was meant to marry Andrew, but Charles goofed.