Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

Guest Guest
    ooooh now that tiara is really lovely! I'm sure whatever Kate wears is going to look great on her..she really is a stunning beauty

heaven01uk Guest
    I wish them the best for the future and hope they remain happy but aslong as the weather holds up we are planning on taking the girls out for the day. I want to see her dress but I won't be watching the wedding.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    ... Kate is stunning and lets face it...Anne needed the help to detract from her horse face...
    lol, Dearheart, so true about poor Princess Anne! She got the worst of the Royal family's looks! And that outdated hairstyle she wears doesn't help matters. But, her children, Zara and Peter are both gorgeous. Go figure how those genes work!

I guess most wedding gowns are a product of the times. Anne's dress was very 70's, and Diana's was just a huge, poufy 80's mess. I love fashion and weddings, (especially Royal ones), but there was just way, way too much gown going on there, like a huge ecru meringue. It was so horribly wrinkled when she got out of the coach for the ceremony. You almost wish that the designers could have done some last-minute steam-ironing! Also, she just looked lost in it.

Most of wedding gowns of today have much more classic lines, and a more timeless quality about them. If Kate was marrying a commoner, I could see her doing a great strapless gown. That won't fly for the Royal Wedding, but I'm sure she'll look spectacular.

I'm DVR-ing the beginning of the ceremony, so probably won't watch it live until around 6:00 am. I vividly remember getting up early to watch Charles and Diana get married in 1981. It was the summer before my senior year in high school, and I was recuperating from a horrible bout of mono.
    Last edited by Katrinawitch; 04-28-2011 at 08:05 AM.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Turns out there's another tiara in the Spencer family. Diana must not have liked it because she never wore it:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...v=/search%3Fq%
    It's called the Honeysuckle Tiara. Okay, it's on the gaudy side. But if it broke apart...the three feathers are the symbol of the Prince of Wales and since that's Will's last name totally appropriate.

This tiara business has to be diplomatic. Every bride should have some shiny if she wants. But too much and it makes a woman look like a beauty pageant contestant- Miss Idaho Russet of 1972.

Katrina, I agree Kate would look great in some Marchesa or just about any designer. It's going to have sleeves or a jacket of some kind. She wears long sleeves a lot so she may be comfortable with it. That's a long aisle to be worrying about falling out of the top of a dress- so it won't be low cut. I hope her family is pretty confident along the lines of "He's lucky to be marrying her" Maybe they had some jewelry designed special for her; that would be great. I hope it's more contemporary, more like Arwen than Queen Mary, for example!
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 04-28-2011 at 09:43 AM.

As a Scottish/Canadian hope it will rain on Royal Family
    Wedding Day.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I wish them all the luck in the world but I am not going to stay/get up at 4am to watch it. Sheesh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Me either. I will watch all the reruns after work tomorrow. I am sure Kate's dress will be spectacular though! (that is really all I care about!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

PurrPurr Guest
    They'll likely rehash every detail through the weekend into next week.

It's official-the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge-so that's Wills new royal dukedom-Kate will then be HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and Baron and Lady Carrickfergus (sp?-a Northern Ireland bow)
    Last edited by Greg King; 04-29-2011 at 12:13 AM.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

Guest Guest
    well Elton just arrived...the wedding can start now...lol

FannyB1923 Guest
    So what did you think of the dress? I thought it was very nice but "safe"- I don't think it will cause a stampede to the bridal shops. It may kick off a trend back to sleeves which have been out of style for a few years. She still needed a strapless or a built in bra I noticed. Sort of a early 50s thing going on there.

On the other hand, I heard the Royal School of Needlework did the embroidery and I can't wait for close ups. It would be fun to see the motifs and make a few kerchiefs for gifts.

William was very nervous; you could tell. My DD said Kate looked like she'd rocked some Xanax- that was a cool bride. Glad she didn't faint! They didn't mess up their lines.
    Heard they're going to the Great Barrier Reef- nice!

I wish them well and hope the Press doesn't make their lives a living hell.

Do you think William will get his royal willie licked like a lolli to night?
    Do you think she makes Prince Charles randy for her to play with his bits and pieces,
    his twigs and berries.
    I wish them both all the happiness of a lifetime together.
    God bless.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 04-29-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

FannyB1923 Guest
    Something encouraging- the lipreaders were watching:

It's traditional in the Abbey that the Groom doesn't face the Bride until she gets up to the altar. It takes something like 4 minutes to make the walk and it's said to be a long hard walk to get there elegantly.

But when Kate got down there he said to her, "you look absolutely beautiful"

I don't know about those York girls and their funny get ups: http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/04/th...ts-april-29-4/ Something very Fergie there! But it could be a touch of British whimsy I don't fathom. This lady looks like she's wearing Mac Tonight! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-w...5875-23095114/
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 04-29-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Yes. And then that's it. They are married after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    Diana wore the Spencer Family Tiara.
    Sounds like every family should have a Tiara. Think I'll take my wife shopping this weekend. Is there a Tiara Depot somewhere?

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Sounds like every family should have a Tiara. Think I'll take my wife shopping this weekend. Is there a Tiara Depot somewhere?
    LOL I have a Mattel number which came with my pink Barbie Christmas Tree. I wore it with my red bathrobe this a.m.

Oh hey, here's dress #2 of the day: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b239...d_wedding.html
    Fancy- go to dinner- outfit.

I bet she changes into a shiny white mini for the dance reception tonight.

Camilla at the Royal Wedding

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camillaqueenicon.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	30530
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

endsleigh03 Guest
    I thought the Queen didn't shake hands?

She was shaking hands with the church people.....

Maybe I have that confused with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post

Why the long face?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Why the long face?
    This is a still from a video, "Camilla Queen." It's to the tune of "Killer Queen." A few stanzas:
    "Caviar and cigarettes, wouldn't want to smell her breath...Camilla Queen, Charlie's tampon fantasy."
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

I must be in the vast minority of people but I don't see what is so bad about Camilla. Is it just because people are comparing her to Diana? I wouldn't call her a beauty but I think she looks fine for a woman her age.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I must be in the vast minority of people but I don't see what is so bad about Camilla. Is it just because people are comparing her to Diana? I wouldn't call her a beauty but I think she looks fine for a woman her age.
    me either she doesn't bother me in the least. she knows however how compared she is to the 'perfect' diana. fact is, diana strayed first in the marriage, technically. does anyone else think that harry is hewitt's kid? spittin image. harry doesn't resemble the mountbattens at all. hmmmm
    pull the string!

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post

A horse is a horse of course of course ....

Camilla has always seemed a doddering fool, a horsey woman with nothing of substance.

jaylene Guest
    Do you think she makes Prince Charles randy for her to play with his bits and pieces,
    his twigs and berries.
    I wish them both all the happiness of a lifetime together.
    God bless.

apparently yes he does.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post

apparently yes he does.

The little kid is holding her ears. Maybe Kate put some stank into it.
    This was such a great picturre it really made my miserable day.

How long before or do you already believe Prince Charles rubbed out a batch of tapioca to Kates image?
    Camilla really seemed to age overnight.
    He was miserable with Diana, he's always loved Camilla. Diana had boyfriends she was
    in love woth Doty at the end they were divorced.
    As long as he's happy who really cares what she looks like?
    There was a quote attributed to Clause Von Bulow (I'm sure I tortured the spelling of that) but he was said to have hade a LARGE mistress where Sonny was thin.
    He said even a large woman will do things a thin one won't.

apparently yes he does.
    Classic!

How long before or do you already believe Prince Charles rubbed out a batch of tapioca to Kates image?
    Camilla really seemed to age overnight.
    He was miserable with Diana, he's always loved Camilla. Diana had boyfriends she was
    in love woth Doty at the end they were divorced.
    As long as he's happy who really cares what she looks like?
    There was a quote attributed to Clause Von Bulow (I'm sure I tortured the spelling of that) but he was said to have hade a LARGE mistress where Sonny was thin.
    He said even a large woman will do things a thin one won't.
    I agree 100%. Looks have little to do with love and lust. I've had GF's who we're drop dead gorgeous who were demon spawn. The hottest girl I've ever been with had ample curves.

apparently yes he does. :d
    lmao:d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Oh, gosh. Looks like hell has already begun. Poor Kate having to bow to that horse-faced Camilla? UGH. Should be the other way around!

Royal wedding: new bride Kate Middleton takes her place in the Royal hierarchy

Kate Middleton will be expected to curtsy to 'more seniorâ?? members of the Royal family following her marriage to Prince William.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...hierarchy.html

every detail of every fart ever made by kate m. will now be recorded in the royal archives. ...sigh....
    pull the string!

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    every detail of every fart ever made by kate m. will now be recorded in the royal archives. ...sigh....
    haha u crack me up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Yep. Here we go again.

MrsE1981 Guest
    me either she doesn't bother me in the least. she knows however how compared she is to the 'perfect' diana. fact is, diana strayed first in the marriage, technically. does anyone else think that harry is hewitt's kid? spittin image. harry doesn't resemble the mountbattens at all. hmmmm

Hahaha, my mom's been saying that for years... I was watching the wedding at her house and she was saying what a shame it is that Wills has gone bald. "He's going to end up looking just like his dad... and Harry will look just like his dad..."

I think Harry totally has his dad's eyes, and then favors the Spencer family. I actually think he looks more like his dad's side than Wills does.

Can someone please help me here? And go slow, you all know I'm a bit thick.

What constitues Will for a Dukedom? How do the Brits go about getting all these titles? What IS a Duke/Dutchess? Is that not less than Prince?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Titles are handed out by the Monarch unless the person is an heir to a dukedom. Prince Andrew received the title of Duke of York when he married Sarah Ferguson. His daughters are Princess Eugenie of York and Princess Beatrice of York. Sarah Ferguson is known as Duchess of York, and because she is divorced, she doesn't carry the HRH title. Dukes and Duchesses not created HRH are addressed as "Your Grace".
    It gets even more confusing. King Edward VIII was granted the title HRH Duke of Windsor when he abdicated and married Wallis Simpson, an American divorcee. She was the Duchess of Windsor, but was not given the right to an HRH. She was addressed as "Your Grace".
    When Queen Elizabeth dies, Prince Charles will be King of England, Camilla Queen Consort. William will become The Prince of Wales, Catherine the Princess of Wales.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Titles are handed out by the Monarch unless the person is an heir to a dukedom. Prince Andrew received the title of Duke of York when he married Sarah Ferguson. His daughters are Princess Eugenie of York and Princess Beatrice of York. Sarah Ferguson is known as Duchess of York, and because she is divorced, she doesn't carry the HRH title. Dukes and Duchesses not created HRH are addressed as "Your Grace".
    It gets even more confusing. King Edward VIII was granted the title HRH Duke of Windsor when he abdicated and married Wallis Simpson, an American divorcee. She was the Duchess of Windsor, but was not given the right to an HRH. She was addressed as "Your Grace".
    When Queen Elizabeth dies, Prince Charles will be King of England, Camilla Queen Consort. William will become The Prince of Wales, Catherine the Princess of Wales.
    Holy crap, I'm confused.

So what I'm "hearing" you say it this - there is no rhyme or reason to titles (other than King, Queen, Prince and Princess and possibly Duke) other than they are slapped on you by the King/Queen and whatever they feel like you need to be. And 1 person can hold several titles. For instance, Will is now both a Duke and Prince. HRH (I think is His/Her Royal Highness?) can only be bestowed if you are in the bloodline, right?

Thanks for the info, By the Way! I really need to do some research on this!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

No, I think you can still be HRH even if you are married in. Sarah Ferguson was HRH but lost it when she got divorced.

Actually I think William has like 4 titles now. One was something of Ireland, and then of course the Duke of Cambridge and Prince. I can't remember the other one, but I think the newest three were just given to him.

I also thought that the head person's spouse could not be higher than the person with the bloodline, which is why the Queen's husband is Prince, not King, but if Charles became king, Camilla would be Queen because her title is below his.

All in all, I'm pretty much as confused as you are, lol.

LOL. You might check the official site of the British Monarchy. Not sure if that will make you even more crazy.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Hat Trick: How Fergie Got Last Laugh at Wedding

Even though The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, was not invited to attend the Royal Wedding on Friday, she had the last laugh when her bold daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turned up in those ridiculous and show-stopping hats.

"I'm sure Sarah helped pick out those hats," a close friend of Fergie's tells me. "The one thing Sarah hates more than anything is being ignored and this was her way of saying f-you to the family who would rather pretend she doesn't exist."

Beatrice's intricate bow-like hat raised eyebrows from the second she stepped out of her car at Westminster Abby, while her younger sister's royal blue fashion statement included purple flowers and large white feathers.

Reviews were pretty consistently bad for the hats. The Daily Mail called their fascinators "ludicrous" and "flops" and Tori Spelling told E! that "they looked a little crazytown."

There's even a blog for goofing on B's hat, aptly named Princess Beatrice and Her Hat.

"There is a lot of competition within the family to out-dress each other," my insider tells me. "And nothing draws more attention to you than an elaborate hat. I guarantee you that a lot of time, thought and money went into selecting these works of art. Nothing happens by chance in that family!"
    http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/03/s...-hats-wedding/
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

It had occurred to me that Fergie might have had something to do with those hats. If I were the daughters I would have been pretty PO'd that my mum hadn't been invited.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    No, I think you can still be HRH even if you are married in. Sarah Ferguson was HRH but lost it when she got divorced.

Actually I think William has like 4 titles now. One was something of Ireland, and then of course the Duke of Cambridge and Prince. I can't remember the other one, but I think the newest three were just given to him.

I also thought that the head person's spouse could not be higher than the person with the bloodline, which is why the Queen's husband is Prince, not King, but if Charles became king, Camilla would be Queen because her title is below his.

All in all, I'm pretty much as confused as you are, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    LOL. You might check the official site of the British Monarchy. Not sure if that will make you even more crazy.
    Is it just me or does anyone find it funny that the British Monarchy both facebooks and tweets? Maybe it's just me...

Here's their line according to the British Monarchy website:

The current Royal Family
    The Duke of Edinburgh
    The Prince of Wales
    The Duchess of Cornwall
    The Duke of Cambridge
    The Duchess of Cambridge
    Prince Harry
    The Earl of Wessex
    The Duke of York
    The Countess of Wessex
    The Princess Royal
    The Duke of Gloucester
    The Duchess of Gloucester
    The Duke of Kent
    The Duchess of Kent
    Princess Alexandra
    Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

FannyB1923 Guest
    Prince Edward and Sophie's titles - Earl and Countess of Wessex- crack me up. There is no Wessex in modern Britain- hasn't been for a thousand years.
    I just read that upon the death of Prince Philip, Edward will be the next Duke of Edinburgh.

Charles is Duke of Cornwall, which goes with being Prince of Wales. He gets part of the income of Cornwall, like tribute to the Duke.

The funny thing about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats is that they were designed by Philip Treacy who also designed some of the best hats at the wedding. I guess being younger, they went for flippy and fun. Strikes me as typical Fergie- always a bit over the top.

Chelsea Davy caught a little criticism for wearing a nice two-piece suit, and a bare minimal "fascinator" But golly, she's just a girl Harry dates at this juncture. Maybe she had to get her outfit off the rack? She's a lawyer, so maybe she's got big student loans limiting her clothes budget?

Next up- Zara Phillips and her rugby star sweetie- in July I believe!

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Prince Edward and Sophie's titles - Earl and Countess of Wessex- crack me up. There is no Wessex in modern Britain- hasn't been for a thousand years.
    I just read that upon the death of Prince Philip, Edward will be the next Duke of Edinburgh.

Charles is Duke of Cornwall, which goes with being Prince of Wales. He gets part of the income of Cornwall, like tribute to the Duke.

The funny thing about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats is that they were designed by Philip Treacy who also designed some of the best hats at the wedding. I guess being younger, they went for flippy and fun. Strikes me as typical Fergie- always a bit over the top.

Chelsea Davy caught a little criticism for wearing a nice two-piece suit, and a bare minimal "fascinator" But golly, she's just a girl Harry dates at this juncture. Maybe she had to get her outfit off the rack? She's a lawyer, so maybe she's got big student loans limiting her clothes budget?

Next up- Zara Phillips and her rugby star sweetie- in July I believe!
    If you are a Thomas Hardy book (I hate Thomas Hardy with a passion!!!!!!) It exists.....to me it kinda makes sense Not sure if Hardy made it up himself or it had some other origin but I'd like to hear from other Hardy haters

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Oh, gosh. Looks like hell has already begun. Poor Kate having to bow to that horse-faced Camilla? UGH. Should be the other way around!

Royal wedding: new bride Kate Middleton takes her place in the Royal hierarchy

Kate Middleton will be expected to curtsy to 'more seniorâ?? members of the Royal family following her marriage to Prince William.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...hierarchy.html
    They said in the British papers there's only one reason she has to bow before Charles and that's so he cal look and try to see her boobies.

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    They said in the British papers there's only one reason she has to bow before Charles and that's so he cal look and try to see her boobies.
    Same goes for Charles and Camilla though...but with her, its a handstand

Are you fantasizing about Kate's boobies again, Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Are you fantasizing about Kate's boobies again, Jersey?
    I can't help it she gets my twigs and berries in an dither, she makes me all randy, although she did look better before she lost the weight for the wedding but oh so shagable.
    I'd love our bits and pieces to meet.
    I could get filthier by leaps and bounds but I shall maintain the dignity of the board and won't freely admit that I am typing with one hand.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

It's a good thing I'm not a British citizen. Beatrice would have her Uncle Charles lock me up in the Tower!
    We need to be respectful....can you imagine, Beatrice and Eugenie are 5th and 6th in line to the throne??? They'll be breaking champagne bottles on the bows of submarines pretty soon.

The way it is now is : Charles, William, Harry, Andrew and then the dynamic duo I'm guessing that once William has children it will go Charles, William, child #1, child #2, etc.

Does anybody know off the top of their head what would have happened if Anne had been the firstborn? Does a male heir still go to the top of the line?
    Elizabeth was the heir because she was the King's oldest child- and no sons.