Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1175

Thread: British Royal Family

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Inbred, Haven't seen where they married family members.
    There was a time hundreds of years ago when first cousins married to keep it all in the family. They got so inbred that children were born with birth defects.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-24-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  2. 05-31-2018, 10:49 PM

  3. #1052
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah I saw the smile smile and had a proud look on her face and she was crying a bit. Her eyes got very wet and she blinked back tears. As for the wedding dress I thought it was classic and tasteful.
    I liked it too.

  4. #1053
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Most people don't know that Prince Edward who married Sophie
    back in 1999, are first cousin's.
    The British Royal family are very inbred.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  5. #1054
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-01-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  6. #1055
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    5,013
    Prince Philip is NOT dead - plenty of rumors out there

    https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...727a450b2a8065

  7. #1056
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    What do people get out of starting these things?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  8. #1057
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    I was reading an article about how Meghan, or should I say The Duchess of Sussex should deal with her troublesome family. Someone said call MI6 and her troubles will be gone. I don't doubt that !
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  9. #1058
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    5,013
    Video surfaces of Queen Victoria from 1900

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-Ireland.html

  10. #1059
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Video surfaces of Queen Victoria from 1900

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-Ireland.html
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  11. #1060
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    5,013
    you are most welcome.

  12. #1061
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,714
    Wow great find Cash , thank you.

  13. #1062
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Video surfaces of Queen Victoria from 1900

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-Ireland.html
    Nice find, since we just celebrated her birthday here in
    Canada with a long weekend.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  14. #1063
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    864
    What a crappy time it must be for the Queen at the moment .Her grandson's wife is causing mayhem ,Prince Andrews secrets are falling out of the closet on a daily basis - it's one crisis after another .Thank goodness one has one's Corgi's to divert her attention away from the idiots around her .

  15. #1064
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    What a crappy time it must be for the Queen at the moment .Her grandson's wife is causing mayhem ,Prince Andrews secrets are falling out of the closet on a daily basis - it's one crisis after another .Thank goodness one has one's Corgi's to divert her attention away from the idiots around her .
    One has to wonder if she ever has a "WTF is the matter with you people!" moment. My guess is yes. LOL. Get rid of the Duchess and throw Andrew under the bus.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  16. #1065
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Prince Andrew is scum. Hope his Mum talks
    about it.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  17. #1066
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Prince Andrew is scum. Hope his Mum talks
    about it.
    That won't happen. This family has never been in touch with the real world.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  18. #1067
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That won't happen. This family has never been in touch with the real world.
    100% correct. It's been an open secret for years how much of a perverted dick he is and now the main stream have finally found out there is no way he can talk his way out of it. And now we suddenly have the news that Beatrice is engaged...yeah, I'm sure the timing is just coincidence and nothing to do with them trying to move the focus. That might have worked in the past but not now.
    The queen won't do anything as he is mummy's favourite and she will move heaven and hell to make sure nothing happens but judging by some of the leaks coming out recently, Charles and Phillip seem to know the score where he is concerned.

  19. #1068
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Your right about that, it would have worked in the past. I'm waiting for Ghislaine Maxwell to talk, if she ever gets the chance without ending up like Epstein.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  20. #1069
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    100% correct. It's been an open secret for years how much of a perverted dick he is and now the main stream have finally found out there is no way he can talk his way out of it. And now we suddenly have the news that Beatrice is engaged...yeah, I'm sure the timing is just coincidence and nothing to do with them trying to move the focus. That might have worked in the past but not now.
    The queen won't do anything as he is mummy's favourite and she will move heaven and hell to make sure nothing happens but judging by some of the leaks coming out recently, Charles and Phillip seem to know the score where he is concerned.
    The engagement thing is a bit odd too .Wasn't he still living with his Mrs then suddenly he's off with Beatrice ? Andrew is going to have a hard job squirming out of this one - he's been papped with all the wrong people ,and it can't just be co-incidence .Mummy may not be able to fix this one .......

  21. #1070
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Your right about that, it would have worked in the past. I'm waiting for Ghislaine Maxwell to talk, if she ever gets the chance without ending up like Epstein.
    I hope the American FBI, and local police can find her.
    But also Scotland Yard if she is in the UK.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  22. #1071
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I hope the American FBI, and local police can find her.
    But also Scotland Yard if she is in the UK.
    I'm sure they know where she is. The question is will they keep her safe, this a dangerous game being played.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  23. #1072
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    So I now see Prince Philip is now in hospital
    in the UK, at the age of 98.
    Maybe it's true only the good die young.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  24. #1073
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So I now see Prince Philip is now in hospital
    in the UK, at the age of 98.
    Maybe it's true only the good die young.
    It's for a pre-existing illness. But who knows at that age what might come of it. I don't wish him ill will. I hope he is home for Christmas.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  25. #1074
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    864
    He is home Cindy ,must be OK for now .

  26. #1075
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Glad to hear it, Artymorty.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  27. #1076
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Looks like Harry and Meghan will set up house in BC. Personally I could care less what they do, as long as they pay their own way and not put it on to the taxpayers.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  28. #1077
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Looks like Harry and Meghan will set up house in BC. Personally I could care less what they do, as long as they pay their own way and not put it on to the taxpayers.
    I saw a blurb on the news about that, and Stephen Colbert had some fun with that very subject. Apparently, The Queen is allowing them to to separate themselves from the Royal Family, Harry and Meghan made a remark about how it shouldn't be difficult making a living, and Colbert said 1. Why would you move to a country that has your MIL's face on the money? and 2. It shouldn't be too hard making a living...said the guy with an endless supply of money.
    .

  29. #1078
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Looks like Harry and Meghan will set up house in BC. Personally I could care less what they do, as long as they pay their own way and not put it on to the taxpayers.
    I can't remember where I read it but I saw on a site that 75% of Canadians don't want them to move there because of the money it will cost. I have no feelings either way for them but I get the feeling this isn't gonna turn out the way they assume it will.

  30. #1079
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,849
    NPR reported today that they will receive some money from the UK royal sovereignty. It was due to the Queen's insistence that her grandson and family should never need to go on the dole. There's a confidence booster for ya. Jeez.
    .

  31. #1080
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,726
    Well ya know, Harry's a pilot, so there's that.
    And Meghan used to make a few bucks acting and what not; so there's that.

    But I think their real potential for some decent bucks and good perks lies in a reality show.
    I'd like to see them team up with Paris Hilton and Donnie Trump and take it on the road, sort of in "The Simple Life" style.

    By pooling their talents and audience appeal, they could probably come close to the bucks and perks of that whole, "I'm Royalty" gig.
    I mean, just look what reality shows did for Paris and Donnie.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  32. #1081
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,849
    That's great. I think adding elements of the show Big Brother would work well with that: confined to sharing one house, challenges, and the slop thing to thoroughly immerse themselves in their new reality.
    .

  33. #1082
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I can't remember where I read it but I saw on a site that 75% of Canadians don't want them to move there because of the money it will cost. I have no feelings either way for them but I get the feeling this isn't gonna turn out the way they assume it will.
    So please add me to the 75% of Canadians that don't want them
    to move here in Canada.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  34. #1083
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So please add me to the 75% of Canadians that don't want them
    to move here in Canada.
    Count me in. Madonna has told them to leave "boring" Canada and live in New York. Dear old Madonna, no one knew she was still alive. LOL.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  35. #1084
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Count me in. Madonna has told them to leave "boring" Canada and live in New York. Dear old Madonna, no one knew she was still alive. LOL.
    So true, thank you.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  36. #1085
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Happy Birthday, Prince Philip!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  37. #1086
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    British and Canadian papers are reporting that HRH Prince Philip, 86, is suffering from a heart condition and was recently hospitalized. One to watch.
    Is this racist old person dead yet?
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  38. #1087
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    So now Prince Harry and Meghan need to tell Oprah that
    they want privacy.
    So how can we miss you if you will not go away?
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  39. #1088
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,714
    They shouldn't have to go away, they have done nothing wrong, they are a lot better than the Kardashians.

  40. #1089
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    They shouldn't have to go away, they have done nothing wrong, they are a lot better than the Kardashians.
    They certainly are. I like the royals. None of them can help what they were born into. And Harry had a lot of guts stepping down and moving over here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  41. #1090
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,714
    I agree Cindy

  42. #1091
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Sadly, I don't think Harry has any respect for his Grandmother
    or his Grandfather. ( who is in Hospital)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  43. #1092
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    S.E. Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    566
    These two are a real handful. Hopefully H & M won't continue to subject us at regular intervals with reminders of how they want to be left alone. "By the way, in case you've forgotten ... we're still victims and still want to be left alone". Okay, in the midst of a pandemic (and afterward) I think we can handle that. It's like having a relative who calls you every day to remind you they're still not on speaking-terms with you. Shut up and move on.

    Are either Harry or Meghan seeing a psychiatrist? She claims to have had suicidal thoughts and he's stated in earlier interviews about how his mother's death and his grieving throughout a very public funeral was traumatic for him. Long before they met, both of them definitely had (and continue to have) issues that need addressing.

    Not being a paid employee of the Palace, Human Resources allegedly couldn't offer her help. Is that to imply the Palace forbade her and Harry from searching for and paying on their own for a psychiatrist ? Big difference between the two scenarios.

    Meghan grew up in a family that continues to be dysfunctional. Other than her mother, what other relative did she have in her family life to serve as a positive influence?
    He's made many poor choices in his adult life. To what degree (if any) does he take responsibility for his poor choices? I'm sure wherever he went for costumes had plenty of outfits to select from. Yet, in 2005 he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi. Apparently the Prince who married a bi-racial (or whatever the PC term is at this moment) woman slept through those history classes detailing the Nazi obsession with "racial purity" that resulted in the murders of millions of Jews, Gypsies and other so-called "undesirables".

    He CHOSE to get naked during his Las Vegas romp (link to the article and photos below). Outside of whatever grief they've allegedly had from "The Firm", this is a married couple in need of psychiatric counselling. The allegations of her bullying her staff is a strong indication she has issues interacting with others and resorts to anger while portraying herself as the eternal victim. Did he ever publicly address what was going on in his mind when he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi? Now that he's free from "The Firm" he should deal with all the poor choices he made. Perhaps he'll see a pattern in his thought process that's led him to where he's at now.

    I find it offensive that they planned a very expensive (at taxpayer expense), very public fake-wedding event knowing their real wedding was taking place three days earlier. Why not opt for a less-expensive wedding like Andrew's daughters? Oh well, as long as the public's paying, why should they care?

    As far as being "cut-off" from Royal funds when they left "the Firm" - when you choose to leave a job, that's what happens. Retiring is one thing, you may get a pension etc. You no longer live at taxpayer expense when you leave "The Firm". Who wouldn't like to continue to get paid for a job they quit?

    Maybe growing up with those rumours of James Hewitt being his real father contributed to his issues. Yeah, Harry looks like Prince Philip, blah blah blah .. but check out the photo below. Perhaps William is his half-bro and Charles is his mother's ex-husband.

    https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/3406...-royal-scandal



  44. #1093
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    These two are a real handful. Hopefully H & M won't continue to subject us at regular intervals with reminders of how they want to be left alone. "By the way, in case you've forgotten ... we're still victims and still want to be left alone". Okay, in the midst of a pandemic (and afterward) I think we can handle that. It's like having a relative who calls you every day to remind you they're still not on speaking-terms with you. Shut up and move on.

    Are either Harry or Meghan seeing a psychiatrist? She claims to have had suicidal thoughts and he's stated in earlier interviews about how his mother's death and his grieving throughout a very public funeral was traumatic for him. Long before they met, both of them definitely had (and continue to have) issues that need addressing.

    Not being a paid employee of the Palace, Human Resources allegedly couldn't offer her help. Is that to imply the Palace forbade her and Harry from searching for and paying on their own for a psychiatrist ? Big difference between the two scenarios.

    Meghan grew up in a family that continues to be dysfunctional. Other than her mother, what other relative did she have in her family life to serve as a positive influence?
    He's made many poor choices in his adult life. To what degree (if any) does he take responsibility for his poor choices? I'm sure wherever he went for costumes had plenty of outfits to select from. Yet, in 2005 he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi. Apparently the Prince who married a bi-racial (or whatever the PC term is at this moment) woman slept through those history classes detailing the Nazi obsession with "racial purity" that resulted in the murders of millions of Jews, Gypsies and other so-called "undesirables".

    He CHOSE to get naked during his Las Vegas romp (link to the article and photos below). Outside of whatever grief they've allegedly had from "The Firm", this is a married couple in need of psychiatric counselling. The allegations of her bullying her staff is a strong indication she has issues interacting with others and resorts to anger while portraying herself as the eternal victim. Did he ever publicly address what was going on in his mind when he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi? Now that he's free from "The Firm" he should deal with all the poor choices he made. Perhaps he'll see a pattern in his thought process that's led him to where he's at now.

    I find it offensive that they planned a very expensive (at taxpayer expense), very public fake-wedding event knowing their real wedding was taking place three days earlier. Why not opt for a less-expensive wedding like Andrew's daughters? Oh well, as long as the public's paying, why should they care?

    As far as being "cut-off" from Royal funds when they left "the Firm" - when you choose to leave a job, that's what happens. Retiring is one thing, you may get a pension etc. You no longer live at taxpayer expense when you leave "The Firm". Who wouldn't like to continue to get paid for a job they quit?

    Maybe growing up with those rumours of James Hewitt being his real father contributed to his issues. Yeah, Harry looks like Prince Philip, blah blah blah .. but check out the photo below. Perhaps William is his half-bro and Charles is his mother's ex-husband.

    https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/3406...-royal-scandal


    Very true. (his real Dad)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  45. #1094
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    These two are a real handful. Hopefully H & M won't continue to subject us at regular intervals with reminders of how they want to be left alone. "By the way, in case you've forgotten ... we're still victims and still want to be left alone". Okay, in the midst of a pandemic (and afterward) I think we can handle that. It's like having a relative who calls you every day to remind you they're still not on speaking-terms with you. Shut up and move on.

    Are either Harry or Meghan seeing a psychiatrist? She claims to have had suicidal thoughts and he's stated in earlier interviews about how his mother's death and his grieving throughout a very public funeral was traumatic for him. Long before they met, both of them definitely had (and continue to have) issues that need addressing.

    Not being a paid employee of the Palace, Human Resources allegedly couldn't offer her help. Is that to imply the Palace forbade her and Harry from searching for and paying on their own for a psychiatrist ? Big difference between the two scenarios.

    Meghan grew up in a family that continues to be dysfunctional. Other than her mother, what other relative did she have in her family life to serve as a positive influence?
    He's made many poor choices in his adult life. To what degree (if any) does he take responsibility for his poor choices? I'm sure wherever he went for costumes had plenty of outfits to select from. Yet, in 2005 he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi. Apparently the Prince who married a bi-racial (or whatever the PC term is at this moment) woman slept through those history classes detailing the Nazi obsession with "racial purity" that resulted in the murders of millions of Jews, Gypsies and other so-called "undesirables".

    He CHOSE to get naked during his Las Vegas romp (link to the article and photos below). Outside of whatever grief they've allegedly had from "The Firm", this is a married couple in need of psychiatric counselling. The allegations of her bullying her staff is a strong indication she has issues interacting with others and resorts to anger while portraying herself as the eternal victim. Did he ever publicly address what was going on in his mind when he CHOSE to dress as a Nazi? Now that he's free from "The Firm" he should deal with all the poor choices he made. Perhaps he'll see a pattern in his thought process that's led him to where he's at now.

    I find it offensive that they planned a very expensive (at taxpayer expense), very public fake-wedding event knowing their real wedding was taking place three days earlier. Why not opt for a less-expensive wedding like Andrew's daughters? Oh well, as long as the public's paying, why should they care?

    As far as being "cut-off" from Royal funds when they left "the Firm" - when you choose to leave a job, that's what happens. Retiring is one thing, you may get a pension etc. You no longer live at taxpayer expense when you leave "The Firm". Who wouldn't like to continue to get paid for a job they quit?

    Maybe growing up with those rumours of James Hewitt being his real father contributed to his issues. Yeah, Harry looks like Prince Philip, blah blah blah .. but check out the photo below. Perhaps William is his half-bro and Charles is his mother's ex-husband.

    https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/3406...-royal-scandal


    I've seen a few people questioning their mental health statements as William & Harry set up a mental health charity which Harry has said in the past he used. I would have assumed if Meghan was as bad as she claims (Not calling her a liar by any means but I wasn't there so don't know how bad it got.) he would have been the perfect person to get her help but the way things are being said, it seems like he did nothing.


    A few things I do have issue with is her constant claims she knew nothing of the royal family before she met Harry when her old blog was not only full of stories talking about them, there were pictures of her and a friend outside Buckingham Palace as well as there being a photo circulating of her pre Harry where a book about Diana can clearly be seen. There is also the fact she keeps saying she was thrown in head first and not given any training/help but according to the 'leaks' the reason he and William fell out was because he wanted Harry to take things slow, give her time to get used to stuff but Harry saw that as William saying he was making a mistake. So surely if anyone is to blame for things being rushed, they should be looking in the mirror and not pointing fingers elsewhere.

  46. #1095
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    S.E. Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    566
    I've seen a few people questioning their mental health statements as William & Harry set up a mental health charity which Harry has said in the past he used. I would have assumed if Meghan was as bad as she claims (Not calling her a liar by any means but I wasn't there so don't know how bad it got.) he would have been the perfect person to get her help but the way things are being said, it seems like he did nothing.


    A few things I do have issue with is her constant claims she knew nothing of the royal family before she met Harry when her old blog was not only full of stories talking about them, there were pictures of her and a friend outside Buckingham Palace as well as there being a photo circulating of her pre Harry where a book about Diana can clearly be seen. There is also the fact she keeps saying she was thrown in head first and not given any training/help but according to the 'leaks' the reason he and William fell out was because he wanted Harry to take things slow, give her time to get used to stuff but Harry saw that as William saying he was making a mistake. So surely if anyone is to blame for things being rushed, they should be looking in the mirror and not pointing fingers elsewhere.


    Not to mock anyone having suicidal thoughts, but does her statement imply that neither one had any friend they could trust to recommend a psychiatrist? Neither one had the funds to pay for the counselling themselves? Assuming here that the Palace refused to pay for counselling for a Royal. I agree with your statement about Harry probably doing nothing to get her help. Another example of his poor decision making, and how to react to life's situations as they arise.

    Given Harry's history of poor decision-making, perhaps the family was justified in advising him to proceed at a slower pace. Alexandra (wife of Tsar Nicholas II) was rushed into marriage due to Nicholas' father being mortally ill. (You had to produce a healthy male heir as soon as possible in those days.) She had to cram in sessions of Russian language (reading/writing/speaking), converting to Russian Orthodoxy, learning all the etiquette of the Royal Court etc. And Alexandra wasn't a commoner! She was highly-educated. Her dad was a member of the German royal famly, her mom was a daughter of Queen Victoria. IMO Meghan entered this marriage with visions of being hailed as "Diana version 2.0". Much like Diana, she'd be wearing designer clothes, being cheered at by crowds of adoring people.

    How she could possibly have lived through the 80s and 90s without knowing who Harry was? His mother was internationally famous, he and William were frequently photographed with her. What total bullsh*t. Did anyone allege she deep-googled to find out about Harry? If not, that's a very revealing statement -- denying a specific action that no one accused her of.

    She supposedly got furious at the Palace staff who explained to her that, as an actress she could accept free designer clothes, but as a Royal she couldn't accept them. Therefore, the freebies would absolutely have to go back from whence they came. This is an excellent example of her needing to get adjusted to the protocol.

    Let's put it this way.... she claimed to be an actress. LEARN your lines, study, practice, memorize. Don't be Norma Desmond, for Christ's sake.

  47. #1096
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    They're dragging out the "Harry is miserable" thang. So, if that's true, why doesn't he get out? He could take her and Archie for a "visit" to London, and dump her and take Archie. Or is he too proud to admit he was wrong about her. Or is he so in love with her that misery is tolerable?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  48. #1097
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    They're dragging out the "Harry is miserable" thang. So, if that's true, why doesn't he get out? He could take her and Archie for a "visit" to London, and dump her and take Archie. Or is he too proud to admit he was wrong about her. Or is he so in love with her that misery is tolerable?
    One day he will wake up and realize what her agenda has been all along. It's obvious she calls the shots and he is either to besotted or stupid to think for himself. If you have ever seen The Windsors he is portrayed as a dimwitted airhead, who can't read or write. Its hilarious. She would still be a B list actor on TV if it had not been for him, if she is going to spill the tea she might be careful she not spill it on herself, she might get scalded. Pulling the race and victim cards gives her leverage, but for how long.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  49. #1098
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,248
    All I have is speculation. But it does seem like she calls the shots.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD





  50. #1099
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,714
    I think they are very much in love and both wanted out, I mean he seen and has seen what was done to his mother and perhaps he didn't want his wife and children to go through that as well.

  51. #1100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    864
    I don't blame Harry for wanting to leave "the Firm " .He had years of keeping the stiff upper lip and having to stay in line .The family began to unravel years ago when Princess Margaret's drinking and living it up became an embarrassment , followed later by Princess Anne getting divorced .Then the whole Charles and Diana mess , followed by the suspicions surrounding Diana's untimely death . The Queen has been playing whack-a-mole for years .Andy and Fergie lowering the tone , Andy's behaviour now under scrutiny ,Prince Phillip and his big mouth - there's only the Queen left who tries to keep that dignity and distance .And even she agreed to be ( mock ) parachuted out of a plane for a feature film ! They've gone to the dogs the Royals .It gets more like a reality show every day though they're just human after all .But the Queen and the Queen Mother wanted them to be portrayed as a flawless family ,and that was helped along by the mystery of them . Now the media has exposed them ( with their help ) as having all the faults that most of us have .Archie and his sister won't remember their grandparents - they'll be Americans and hopefully grow up with more freedom of expression than their dad .It remains to be seen if the public will want William and Kate any more than they want Charles and Camilla .The upkeep of their vast homes and deference to them seems so draconian in the harsh light of day (to me ).I just hope Megan stays true to Harry and vice versa .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •