Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now?

sunshine74137 Guest
    That mom on Family bugged me.

Snoopy Guest
    I agree Sunshine! only one I kinda liked was the older brother..Willie I think his name was and the father was alright.

John Connor Guest

xenaswolf Guest
    I hated the mom on family too. Willie was the only cool one other than Buddy. Quinn Cummings always made me want to strangle her. Wow memories!

Fulton, she was one of my big crushes too!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    The Mom was always on her kids asses, and had those weepy piggy eyes. And who were they trying to fool she would have had to have given birth to Buddy when she was 60
    Last edited by sunshine74137; 11-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.

hoxharding Guest
    Now that I think about it, I didn't care for the Mother on 'Family' either!

grrrnay Guest

wow THAT was painful

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    The Mom was always on her kids asses, and had those weepy piggy eyes. And who were they trying to fool she would have had to have given birth to Buddy when she was 40

Normally I only lurk, but that one demands I come out of my shell. I had my first child at 39 and just gave birth to my second at 41. Surely I must be misunderstanding what you are saying.

John Connor Guest
    My Grandmother had 16 kids. The last one at 52. Crazy Catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    My Grandmother had 16 kids. The last one at 52. Crazy Catholics.

SSsasssh! Please don't let my husband hear you! He would have one in a heartbeat if he thought I would agree....lol
    Wanna see my grandkids?

sunshine74137 Guest
    Okay I edited it, got your point my hubs was 45 when our daughter was born

John Connor Guest
    Okay I edited it, got your point my hubs was 45 when our daughter was born
    LOL. She didn't look 60!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Okay, UNCLE, I give, LOL, wanna know what my shoe tastes like cause I do

grrrnay Guest
    Thank you for that. Sorry to be so sensitive But I labored hard to bring those children into the world!

I looked it up. Family ran from 1976-1980

Sadie Thompson, who played her mother, just turned 79.

Kristy McNichol, who played Buddy, just turn 46.
    By the way, in the show her real name was Letitia.

That would have made Buddy's mother 33 when she had her.

I also remember there was one episode where Buddy's mother got pregnant and Buddy told her she should have an abortion because she was too old.

Gee , that Buddy was not very supportive?

I think Buddy's mother would have been pushing mid 40's to late at this point, so that is a long shot.

She eventually miscarried, solving that problem.

There was other topical issues on the show such as Buddy dealing with advances from boys.

In the later seasons, there were instances in which Buddy had to decide whether or not to have sex; she always chose to wait, most notably in an episode with guest star Leif Carrett, who was a teen idol at the time.

James Broderick, who is Matthew Broderick's father was also two years older than his wife in the show.
    James died of cancer when he was 55

Meredith Baxter is now 61.
    That would have made the mother 18 when she had her.
    Gary Frank, who played the son, is 58.

The show kind of jumped the shark for me when they brought in an Orphan Named Annie.
    This was played by Quinn Cummings who is 41.

Here is a quote from wikipedia.org from Kristy about her departure from show business.It appears she has had trouble with bi-polar disorder.
    I think her money was well managed so she doesn't have to worry about that.

Her last public statement to her fans was in June 2001, when she said:
    "A lot of people have wondered what I've been up to. I retired from my career after 24 years. My feeling was that it was time to play my biggest part — MYSELF! I must say that it has been the best thing that ever happened to me. So many fans are disappointed that I'm not currently acting, however some may not realize that the process I'm in at this time is necessary and vital for my personal happiness and well-being."
    Last edited by coconn04; 11-23-2008 at 04:12 PM.

fultondyke Guest
    I also LOOOOVES me some Meredith Baxter!!!!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Kristy was a stinking brat on Family.....yeah, I watched the show, but she drove me bat-shit......" Poor poor Buddy ".....if she had been in my school she would of had her ass handed to her on a plate........ the pic of her now, really does make me feel ancient.....I don`t say this many times, but I know I`ve aged better than that......

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    the pic of her now, really does make me feel ancient.....I don`t say this many times, but I know I`ve aged better than that......
    I agree. I don't know what it is about with older lesbians in their 40's getting a "pixie " cut type of hairdo.

Kristy almost looks like k.d. lang (and how she looks now) in that recent pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I agree. I don't know what it is about with older lesbians in their 40's getting a "pixie " cut type of hairdo.

Quinn Cummings has the pixie now, too:

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

k.d. is hotter.....at least in my books.....something so raw about her....

Jazbabee Guest
    The actress that played the mother was Sada Thompson, NOT Sadie

Nicki Guest
    The Mom was always on her kids asses, and had those weepy piggy eyes. And who were they trying to fool she would have had to have given birth to Buddy when she was 60
    The dad on that show was James Broderick, father of Matthew Broderick who is married to Sarah Jessica Parker. I always loved Kristy as an actress. Never quite warmed up to Quinn Cummings. Willie was great. I think him and Kristy were the stars of that show. OF course Merideth Baxter Birney was always a great Actress. I acutally really ejoyed the Mom on that show.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I looked it up. Family ran from 1976-1980

Sadie Thompson, who played her mother, just turned 79.

Kristy McNichol, who played Buddy, just turn 46.
    By the way, in the show her real name was Letitia.

That would have made Buddy's mother 33 when she had her.

I also remember there was one episode where Buddy's mother got pregnant and Buddy told her she should have an abortion because she was too old.

Gee , that Buddy was not very supportive?

I think Buddy's mother would have been pushing mid 40's to late at this point, so that is a long shot.

She eventually miscarried, solving that problem.

There was other topical issues on the show such as Buddy dealing with advances from boys.

In the later seasons, there were instances in which Buddy had to decide whether or not to have sex; she always chose to wait, most notably in an episode with guest star Leif Carrett, who was a teen idol at the time.

James Broderick, who is Matthew Broderick's father was also two years older than his wife in the show.
    James died of cancer when he was 55

Meredith Baxter is now 61.
    That would have made the mother 18 when she had her.
    Gary Frank, who played the son, is 58.

The show kind of jumped the shark for me when they brought in an Orphan Named Annie.
    This was played by Quinn Cummings who is 41.

Here is a quote from wikipedia.org from Kristy about her departure from show business.It appears she has had trouble with bi-polar disorder.
    I think her money was well managed so she doesn't have to worry about that.

Her last public statement to her fans was in June 2001, when she said:
    "A lot of people have wondered what I've been up to. I retired from my career after 24 years. My feeling was that it was time to play my biggest part â?? MYSELF! I must say that it has been the best thing that ever happened to me. So many fans are disappointed that I'm not currently acting, however some may not realize that the process I'm in at this time is necessary and vital for my personal happiness and well-being."
    Wow, you really did your homework. I really like that statement that Kristy put out in 2001. Very well written and honest. Especially the last line.

John Connor Guest
    The name of the actress who played the mother is Sada Thompson, not Sadie.

On the left.

On the right.

cachluv Guest
    Hot Slut Of The Day!

Rex Smith - Teen pop idol, Solid Gold host and TV actor. Rex had a hit in the 70s with "You Take My Breath Away", but didn't have any hits after that. He went on to host Solid Gold and act in As the World Turns. After that shit, Rex starred in several musical theater productions on Broadway and beyond. Below is another picture of this hot bitch back in the day a couple of him now. Yeah, he needs to bring that feathered hair back.

ozzysmom Guest
    rex is still a cutie!

John Connor Guest
    Rex had the same hair as Kristy.

Nicki Guest
    Paul Petersen "The Donna Reed Show"

Hayley Mills " The Parent Trap"

Nicki Guest
    Bobby Sherman:

Bobby at the Rialto Car Show

FannyB1923 Guest
    Mr. Irving R. Levine is still with us at age 86. I know the young people haven't heard of him, but he is a pioneer in early television news. Used to host "Meet the Press"
    I think he looks like Captain Picard--- http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbio.php?SpeakerID=613

cachluv Guest

Barbara Feldon - Here's her ass then and now.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Linda Ronstadt and Jerry Brown used to go steady back when she was a pop superstar and he was Governor of California: http://www.laobserved.com/images/linda&jerry.jpg

Jerry is still involved in California politics. I think he looks way different now...reminds me of his father, another Cal Governor, Pat Brown: http://www.sbcpf.org/images/candidates/Brown.jpg

Linda is still singing, still beautiful. In fact she's now my role model for all a BBW can be! http://www.scott-smith.com/images/to...a_ronstadt.jpg
    (Oprah needs to get over herself)

Tina Louise over the years...................

at her social 'debut' in 1952

with DAWN WELLS on
    GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

with her only child, daughter Caprice in 1991

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Michigan Magpie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

She looks like Sherilyn Fenn here.

KarmaKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Magpie View Post
    She looks like Sherilyn Fenn here.
    She totally does.
    Spooky!!!!!!!

Overtaxed Guest
    [quote=KELT;594976]

with DAWN WELLS on
    GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

Do you think some people ever look in the mirror AFTER they have plastic surgery and realize how BAD they look?

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Isn't Abe Vigoda dead?
    Nope Abe is alive for sure. We see him on the streets in NY every once in a while.
    I was sitting on the brass standpipe outside Sardi's waiting for my wife and guarding packages she had purchased at Broadway Cares , Equity Fights AIDs. A great annual charitable event in the Hereld Square area.
    Abe came sauntering along with those big sad hound dog eyes and stopped and chatted a few minutes about what we had purchased. He was a really nice guy and it was a typical NY moment when you end up interacting with someone you never expected to meet.
    Gotta love this City.
    Regards,
    Mary

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Waylon Flowers and Madame! They were great, although Madame was a bit creepy. I always thought Madame looked like Fay Raye, but now Fay is gone and replaced by ole Joan Rivers.
    I lived in Ptown for several years and Waylon Flowers had performed there many times throughout his career and had a lot of friends in town.
    After he passed he left Madam ( not sure if it was one of many or "the one and only" Madam, to friends of ours.
    They were a couple of older gay men who had been together for over 30 years. They reflected their times, pastel cardigan sweaters and they smoked Eve ciggarettes and the story's they could tell!!!!
    They had great parties and Madam would be propped up in a place of honor with a cocktail and a cigarrette presiding over the proceedings.
    Regards,
    Mary

Mrs. Watson Guest
    How cool, Mary!

I have to admit, I was totally in love with Rex Smith back in the day. I got Took My Breath Away on Netflix and watched it not too long ago. Totally hilarious, now. He's still pretty handsome, but not the hottie he used to be.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    OMG- WTF happened to John Davidson??? Kelt's right- he does look like one half of Siegfried and Roy!!! He's 66... what is he thinking???
    Does everyone remember that he was the headline performer at the Beverly Hills Supper Club in Kentucky on Memorial Day in the 70s when a fire broke out. The place was huge. Over one hundred people died trying to get out. One of the worst night club fires in US history.
    He made it out but his pianist who went back to try to save their sheet music of all things didn;t make it out.
    Wow is he creepy!
    Regards,
    Mary

pvezz Guest
    I posted this once before, but this is beyond hilarious. It's John Davidson playing a "schizophrenic diva" on The Streets of San Francisco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVP9wpRTz8

Mrs. Watson Guest
    John Davidson is scary. The whole package, scary.

deathpool Guest
    Didn't Quinn Cummings invent the hiphugger? it was like a sling device for carrying your baby.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Nope Abe is alive for sure. We see him on the streets in NY every once in a while.
    I was sitting on the brass standpipe outside Sardi's waiting for my wife and guarding packages she had purchased at Broadway Cares , Equity Fights AIDs. A great annual charitable event in the Hereld Square area.
    Abe came sauntering along with those big sad hound dog eyes and stopped and chatted a few minutes about what we had purchased. He was a really nice guy and it was a typical NY moment when you end up interacting with someone you never expected to meet.
    Gotta love this City.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last week on Conan they were making a big deal about the Vigoda lighting ceremony and Abe was standing there looking precious with a star on top of his head!

[quote=Overtaxed;596611]
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

with DAWN WELLS on
    GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

Do you think some people ever look in the mirror AFTER they have plastic surgery and realize how BAD they look?
    I'm not so certain that it's the plastic surgery so much as trying to pass for someone much younger with the clothes, the hairdo, & all the goopey make-up.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

pattykad Guest
    More Tiger Beat guys:
    Wesley Eure
    Scott Jacoby
    Kristofer Tabori
    (not sure of spellings)

Did anyone locate a current William Katt photos?

The Cowsills have videos on youtube and they still sound very good.

pattykad Guest

pattykad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Any body remember the Cowsills. Weren't they were supposed to be the template for the Partridge Family.
    wow..talk about a blast from the past....
    my mom still has the vinyl...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

pattykad Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQnisiUUTzw

Here you go...I think the Cowsills sound better than most bands today.

Ilan Mitchell-Smith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilan_Mitchell-Smith

Ilan Mitchell-Smith (born June 29, 1969) is an American assistant professor of English at Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas, but he is best known as an actor and co-star of the movie Weird Science (1985). He was born in New York City.
    His film career began in 1983 at age fourteen when he played a younger version of the title character in Sidney Lumet's Daniel. After a starring role in the 1984 film The Wild Life, he was cast as Wyatt Donnelly in the 1985 teen classic Weird Science by writer/director John Hughes. The film focuses on two nerdy teenage boys who create a woman of their own (played by Kelly LeBrock) as they are unable to find girlfriends. Although this proved to be his only major role, he was overshadowed by his more famous co-star Anthony Michael Hall as well as future stars Robert Downey Jr. and Bill Paxton.
    After Weird Science, his acting career slowed down. While he had starring roles in several other films and TV series, most notably The Chocolate War and Superboy, none of these brought him the same degree of recognition. He decided to leave acting entirely in 1991, his final role being a guest appearance on Silk Stalkings.
    Mitchell-Smith earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Medieval Studies from UC Davis. He then earned a Master of Arts degree from Fordham University. He received his Ph.D. from Texas A&M University. He is currently an Assistant Professor of English at Angelo State University.
    He and his wife (married 1995) have two children.

Now: With a Ph.D. in medieval English literature, Dr. Mitchell-Smith is a professor at Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas. "I grew up the biggest Dungeons & Dragons nerd," he says. Now 39, he's working on his latest treatise, Between Mars and Venus: Balance and Excess in Chivalry in the Late Medieval English Period, and has two children with his wife, Susannah.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.