Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are they now?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    sorry but these photos scream out gay. no bi. straight up gay. sometimes people rather be referred to as bi than gay. knowing good and darn well they are more into the same sex. a man looking like a woman means he is trying to get attention form men. elton jonh claimed to be bi but later admitted he was just gay. now he is married to a dude.

No matter which gender he likes best- I think it might be safe to say he really loves that black shirt! I wonder if that is the only one or if he has a whole bunch of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    sorry but these photos scream out gay. no bi. straight up gay. sometimes people rather be referred to as bi than gay. knowing good and darn well they are more into the same sex. a man looking like a woman means he is trying to get attention form men. elton jonh claimed to be bi but later admitted he was just gay. now he is married to a dude.
    The only reason I say Bi is that he was married and fathered several children. Which brings up an interesting question: Can someone be straight gay but only get married and have children to remain closeted? Or does the fact that he fathered children automatically make him bisexual?
    Any day above ground is a good day.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    I'm gad you brought that up because I was about to post about his son. I had a college professor who became very active when it came to gay rights. He was in his late fifties and I remember my gay friends flocking to him for advice. We saw him speak once and he said that he knew he was attracted to men all the time but kept it secret and even married and had two daughters. He's close to both of them and the one thing I remember was when his grandchild was born everyone kept telling people to call in favors because he was so happy. He was extremely tough, which had more to do with the subject matter than anything else. When he gave his talk, he said that it wasn't acceptable for men to be gay when he was growing up and he had to keep it under wraps for a long time. I think he even said he was still friends with his wife. Point being, he was leading a life that was perceived as "normal" in that it followed all the rules society likes to bring out but he only really developed his true feelings when he could be open about it. So, to cut a long story short, I think it's all in the way you feel. Just because someone marries and leads a straight life, doesn't make them bi.I know a lot of people who married and / or were in straight relationships just to keep the family peace. They never considered themselves bi, always said they were gay but playing a role.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnorrischangestrains View Post
    I'm gad you brought that up because I was about to post about his son. I had a college professor who became very active when it came to gay rights. He was in his late fifties and I remember my gay friends flocking to him for advice. We saw him speak once and he said that he knew he was attracted to men all the time but kept it secret and even married and had two daughters. He's close to both of them and the one thing I remember was when his grandchild was born everyone kept telling people to call in favors because he was so happy. He was extremely tough, which had more to do with the subject matter than anything else. When he gave his talk, he said that it wasn't acceptable for men to be gay when he was growing up and he had to keep it under wraps for a long time. I think he even said he was still friends with his wife. Point being, he was leading a life that was perceived as "normal" in that it followed all the rules society likes to bring out but he only really developed his true feelings when he could be open about it. So, to cut a long story short, I think it's all in the way you feel. Just because someone marries and leads a straight life, doesn't make them bi.I know a lot of people who married and / or were in straight relationships just to keep the family peace. They never considered themselves bi, always said they were gay but playing a role.
    I knew a number of guys who are gay but had been married for years and with kids and all of them pretty much said the same thing. Back then it was totally unacceptable to be gay so it was "the right thing to do" to get married and have children. Some of these guys told me it was work related too. Back in the 50s and 60s, married men with children tend to get the higher paying jobs than single men plus some companies were quite blunt about not wanting to hire anyone who was single ( let alone gay ). A great example of this is the 1966 NBC sitcom Occasional Wife http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060013/

Today such a practice ( hiring only marrieds ) is totally illegal I believe in all 50 states.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Last I'd heard he'd been having health problems on & off. Don't know if that had to do with his HIV+ status or something else. The ending credits on GOOD TIMES always listed the 'RAISIN' connection & how CARTER was there 'courtesy of'.......
    He wasn't as annoying as BernNadette Stanis who possessed the acting range of someone perfect for the dinner theater circuit. Christ she was shrill & overacted to the nth degree ! Then towards the end of the series watching JANET JACKSON as 'Little Penny' still carrying a doll when she was like what 12 ?

circa 1978

more recently with JACKSON

WALKER, STANIS, JACKSON & CARTER
    Great pics as always Kelt.

Stanis is still breathtaking. She was so beautiful, then and now. I know she has a myspace and her own website.

She graduated from Julliard. Her clothing on the show was always top notch, wish I had some of it today!

Jimmie was in Vegas opening for Cedric when I was there last fall.

How about Janet Dubois? Willona? Anything on her?

Jigsaw Guest

Bobby's Profile - No John Barrymore

Quote Originally Posted by SW4 View Post
    A good "where are they now" story for those of old enough to remember teen heart-throb Bobby Sherman (late 60's, early 70's)....

Became dedicated to emergency medicine, became an EMT, teaches EMT to others, advocates teaching of CPR training.....

I hated the bastard because all the girls wanted to date "someone like Bobby Sherman"; we blokes didn't have a chance, but I guess he's done himself proud
    In high school I had a teacher whose boyfriend worked in the record industry -- I don't know in what capacity. He told her that they couldn't put Bobby Sherman on his album cover in profile because he looked like a gofher! -- Just a little side light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    I knew a number of guys who are gay but had been married for years and with kids and all of them pretty much said the same thing. Back then it was totally unacceptable to be gay so it was "the right thing to do" to get married and have children. Some of these guys told me it was work related too. Back in the 50s and 60s, married men with children tend to get the higher paying jobs than single men plus some companies were quite blunt about not wanting to hire anyone who was single ( let alone gay ). A great example of this is the 1966 NBC sitcom Occasional Wife http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060013/

Today such a practice ( hiring only marrieds ) is totally illegal I believe in all 50 states.
    and a good thing, too. Though I guess that's why so many stars married. I wonder if it was the same for John Davidson, how much his wife knew.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Christopher Makepeace- "Rudy the Rabbit" in Meatballs

Hasn't made a movie since the 80's- what's he up to?

Edit- answered my own question- he's back home in Canada working in film production: http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com/...makepeace.html
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 05-26-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: more info

That dark headed guy in Emergency. What was his name? Has he been mentioned? Cutecutecute.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Great pics as always Kelt.

Stanis is still breathtaking. She was so beautiful, then and now. I know she has a myspace and her own website.

She graduated from Julliard. Her clothing on the show was always top notch, wish I had some of it today!

Jimmie was in Vegas opening for Cedric when I was there last fall.

How about Janet Dubois? Willona? Anything on her?
    http://www.janetdubois.com/index.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tiffany Brisette (sp?) from Small Wonder. Didn't she find God or something.

Candace Cameron

Rick(y) Schroder

Alfonso Ribeiro

the guy who played Dexter on Silver Spoons

the girls from the cast of Gimme a Break

Kim Foster if I remember her name correctly

the girl who played Cherry on Punky Brewster

this might not even count but what is Ashley Johnson up to these days? I remember seeing her in A.W.O.L. / Léon that Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, then she kept cropping up on various series and then nothing. Come to think of it whatever happened to Jean-Claude and Dolph Lundgren (I had such a crush on that guy). And Grace Jones.

Okay, I'll stop now, I should really google these people. Haven't heard of them in a while though.

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    He looks like a rejuvenated Tyne Daly.
    LMAO. You all are killing me.... LOL!

Seriously. That pic scared me to bits. *snork* These people should leave well enough alone. Plastic surgery gone baaad.

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    And ANOTHER!

OH GAWWWD! There are just no words to describe how .... weird... *gapes*

This is seriously scary folks.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    That dark headed guy in Emergency. What was his name? Has he been mentioned? Cutecutecute.
    RANDOLPH MANTOOTH . . . . ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Rick(y) Schroder
    Schroder lives in Topanga Canyon, California, with his wife, Andrea Bernard. The couple has four children: Holden Richard, Luke William, Cambrie, and Faith Anne.
    Journey to the Center of the Earth starring Ricky Schroder, Peter Fonda, Victoria Pratt, Steven Grayhm and Mike Dopud was shot on location in and around Vancouver on high definition video during the summer of 2007. The show aired on February 4, 2008. He also can be seen in The Andromeda Strain (2008 TV mini-series)
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 05-26-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: dah!!

Cathy J. Guest
    I saw Mantooth a few years ago on some special. Sadly he did NOT age well. Hair totally gray !!!

SenorMuerto Guest
    One line I keep seeing in this thread is "He/She hasn't aged well."

Then I see the pics of John Davidson.

Some people let themselves get old naturally. They still look 'presentable'. They just look old. Because they are.

If JD's pics showed him with normal grey hair, wrinkles and glasses, would we be saying that he hasn't aged well?

Now I'm not defending John Davidson. He looks like the result of Bea Arthur and Cathy Lee Crosby having mated.

But he probably looks in the mirror and thinks to himself, "I let the hair go silver...people will think I am aging gracefully...why hasn't my agent called?...I should have ALWAYS been the Secret Square..."

ThankYou!!

Reecy Guest
    I remember the guy who played Dexter in Silver Spoonns died. (I don't remember his name).

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Schroder lives in Topanga Canyon, California, with his wife, Andrea Bernard. The couple has four children: Holden Richard, Luke William, Cambrie, and Faith Anne.
    Journey to the Center of the Earth starring Ricky Schroder, Peter Fonda, Victoria Pratt, Steven Grayhm and Mike Dopud was shot on location in and around Vancouver on high definition video during the summer of 2007. The show aired on February 4, 2008. He also can be seen in The Andromeda Strain (2008 TV mini-series)
    It should also be mentioned that Rick is a member of The Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He left NYPD Blue because of his wife's pressure and because of his religious beliefs.

Here is a very recent picture of old Ricky (who announced he has changed his name back to Ricky) from May1, 2008.

Another who is not aging too well. He just turned 38.

Smackman Guest
    I'm 38 (will be in July). I'd be happy to look like Ricky

Smackman Guest
    How about Jennifer Runyan? She was Charles' g/f on Charles in Charge. Anyone have the scoop on her current situation?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackman View Post
    I'm 38 (will be in July). I'd be happy to look like Ricky
    I'm 40 in a few days.

I would not want to look like Ricky.

He used to look good, not so much anymore.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    He has his own show on one of the Christian television channels. He produces several others. He is a born again Christian, but he doesn't seem too pushy in his interviews. He also isn't so hypocritcal like that born-again-but-freak-out-on-reality-show-former-Charles-in-Charge-side-kick-weirdo.
    I thought Willie Ames looked like an idiot on that show.... wiggin out about having to workout early in the morning. Kirk Cameron was so awesome...... I was part of his fan club..... (sigh)........ it's nice to see that he was a good guy in real life.... the name of his show is "The way of the Master" it's pretty good............................ Now what ever happened to Ralph Macchio? That was my ultimate crush.... I was part of his fan club.... he sent me a pic of himself that was signed "all my best to you"..... but the best parts was...... he was shirtless.....it was the most awesome pic, I was in the 5th grade.......

hoxharding Guest
    [quote=lisalouver;265222]It should also be mentioned that Rick is a member of The Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He left NYPD Blue because of his wife's pressure and because of his religious beliefs.

I think he is aging very well. I think he looks better than he did
    when he was younger.

lisalouver Guest
    [quote=hoxharding;265374]
    It should also be mentioned that Rick is a member of The Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He left NYPD Blue because of his wife's pressure and because of his religious beliefs.

I think he is aging very well. I think he looks better than he did
    when he was younger.
    I must need glasses then because he looks much older than his stated age.

I think he looked way better in his younger years.

Smackman Guest
    I'm 40 in a few days.

I would not want to look like Ricky.

He used to look good, not so much anymore.
    Happy Birthday in advance! Hope you have a great one!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackman View Post
    Happy Birthday in advance! Hope you have a great one!
    THANK YOU!

cachluv Guest
    Ricky Schroder---another heavy smoker. It really shows on certain people too.

I'm all for the natural look, way much more than the wax-figure look. People age. It just happens.

hoxharding Guest

Robby Benson

Robby has written a novel and created a musical and you can even buy the cd of the songs from the musical.(check his website-the man has been very very busy)

http://www.robbybenson.net/

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Robby has written a novel and created a musical and you can even buy the cd of the songs from the musical.(check his website-the man has been very very busy)

http://www.robbybenson.net/
    He was the shit in Ice Castles!

hoxharding Guest
    Look at his pictures now-whooo!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Look at his pictures now-whooo!
    I know.

His eyes always were so gorgeous. And 52!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Ricky Schroder---another heavy smoker. It really shows on certain people too.
    If Schroder is a mormon, kinda surpised he smokes at all since the church really frowns on any tobacco use. But OTOH, years back I heard Rick was really into chewing tobacco ( Skoal ) and since most ( not all of course ) guys who do that stuff they either end up or continue to smoke cigarettes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    If Schroder is a mormon, kinda surpised he smokes at all since the church really frowns on any tobacco use. But OTOH, years back I heard Rick was really into chewing tobacco ( Skoal ) and since most ( not all of course ) guys who do that stuff they either end up or continue to smoke cigarettes anyway.
    Well I used to find it amusing when you'd see a picture of MARIE OSMOND with a Coca-Cola in her hand.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    ^^ And divorced. When you're rich and famous, you don't play by the rules, even the religious ones!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Actually, I have worked with two Mormons. One didn't touch caffeine, like not at all. The other said cold caffeine was fine, like diet Coke, but hot caffeine like coffee was not. He was quite serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    Actually, I have worked with two Mormons. One didn't touch caffeine, like not at all. The other said cold caffeine was fine, like diet Coke, but hot caffeine like coffee was not. He was quite serious about it.

Not to get off topic here but I was so intrigued, I just had to ask, why is caffeine "untouchable" for Mormons? Because it is a stimulant? I'll google it and feel free to pm me about it but like I said, seeing this, I just had to ask.

Having said that, I wasn't even aware Schroder had become Mormon. Maybe he belongs to a different church, like in Judaism you have Reform, Conservative, Orthodox etc. Or people are encouraged to set their own boundaries Just guessing here.

lisalouver Guest
    Not to get off topic here but I was so intrigued, I just had to ask, why is caffeine "untouchable" for Mormons? Because it is a stimulant? I'll google it and feel free to pm me about it but like I said, seeing this, I just had to ask.

Having said that, I wasn't even aware Schroder had become Mormon. Maybe he belongs to a different church, like in Judaism you have Reform, Conservative, Orthodox etc. Or people are encouraged to set their own boundaries Just guessing here.
    I dunno anything about the caffeine, but Schroder has been very religious for many years now.

I still to this day am in shock that he showed his bare ass on NYPD, just due to his religious beliefs, but it was his wife's distaste for that and her fear of him making out with other actresses that reportadly initiated his leaving the show.

Cathy J. Guest
    I dunno anything about the caffeine, but Schroder has been very religious for many years now.

I still to this day am in shock that he showed his bare ass on NYPD, just due to his religious beliefs, but it was his wife's distaste for that and her fear of him making out with other actresses that reportadly initiated his leaving the show.
    I wonder if Schroder was totally nude doing that scene or did he wear a small patch or cover his...well lower frontal area LOL

Its been awhile since we had Cinemax, but I remember they aired a soft-core show late at night called "Passion Cove". My husband watched it one night and noticed that while the actors, yeah one can see their butts and breasts but during the "lovemaking" scenes, they actually had very small tiny patches that covered the vagina and penis. Maybe Cinemax is scared of their actors having real sex LOL.

At first I didn't believe him, but one night he taped the show and freeze-framed a lovemaking scene and right there it was...patches !!! The guy's patch was painted dark brown, guess so it would appear to look like pubic hair in front of the camera. LOL

Willie Aames and his wife were two of the first people I met when I first moved to LA back in '89. They frequented the video store I worked in for some time.

Someone made a comment on John Davidson looking like Linda Evens on steroids. LOL. THAT was funny!

Also, for the one other person who cares, I found out what Patty Dworkin is up to: she and her husband run a publicity agency here in NYC. She goes by the name Patty Dworkin-Freedman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Catwoman Guest

Any recent pics of:

Dyan Cannon?

Pamlyn Ferdin?

Laurie Prange?

Martini Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
    Dyan Cannon?

She's still acting and you'll always see her at the Lakers games. Here's some pics of her and Cary Grant's daughter Jennifer. She did some acting too, 90210 for example.

I remember reading something about Pamlyn Ferdin getting arrested for protesting the abuse of circus elephants. This was not that long ago. You guys remember that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post

She's still acting and you'll always see her at the Lakers games. Here's some pics of her and Cary Grant's daughter Jennifer. She did some acting too, 90210 for example.

Wow, that first one of her had some major airbrushing done, especially on her forehead and under her eyes. The second picture is more real life.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I can't find a thing about my favorite former madam, Sydney Biddle Barrows, the Mayflower Madam. I read her initial book, and I loved it. I love all things relating to high class prostitution. Her later two books weren't as good, she basically says the only way to keep a man is to lavish false praise on him and pretend to be into his interests. It's not that I disagree, but pretty much everyone knows that.

But I can't find a thing on her for the past 10 years.

SYDNEY, now 56 & her 60 yr old husband live in New York City.

Catwoman Guest

Dyan Cannon

Ya know, I always thought Dyan Cannon was very attractive and I think she still is!

cachluv Guest
    Pamelyn Ferdin

http://www.pamelynferdin.com/home.html

Born February 4, 1959 (1959-02-04) (age 49)
    Los Angeles, California, USA

OccupationActress, public relations director, activist
    Years active 1964-1982, 1999

Spouse(s)Jerry Vlasak, MD, 1986-

Pamelyn Ferdin (born February 4, 1959) is an American animal rights activist and former child actress.

Acting

Ferdin left the acting world in the 1980s and became a registered nurse. She married surgeon and fellow animal-rights activist Jerry Vlasak in 1986. They have no children.
    In 1996 she quit her job as director of public relations for the Center for Animal Care and Control, a nonprofit organization under contract to the New York City Department of Health. She claimed there was mismanagement in the agency.
    On April 1, 2004, Ferdin and her husband appeared among the animal-rights activists interviewed for the PETA episode of the Showtime series Penn & Teller: Bullshit!.

SHAC presidency

In August of 2004, Ferdin accepted the presidency of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty USA, according to statements filed under oath in U.S. District Court in New Jersey. The incumbent, Kevin Kjonaas, resigned after being indicted on charges of conspiracy and interstate stalking.[1] When Kjonaas and six other SHAC activists were jailed in 2006, Ferdin vowed to continue the campaign. According to Salon.com she defines her current role as "a squeaky-clean representative for SHAC USA", but warns, "[P]eople, I think, are going to get hurt. There's going to be a lot of violence."

Arrests

On January 11, 2000, Ferdin faced up to six months in jail after being found guilty of possessing an elephant at an August 1999 protest at Pierce College in California. Circus Vargas had set up near Pierce College. Protesters demonstrated against alleged cruelty in circus training methods. Ferdin's arrest was based on a local ordinance that makes it a misdemeanor to carry a staff or rod greater than 1½ inches in diameter while engaging in protest. This law dates back to the civil rights era and was originally enacted to protect police from overly aggressive demonstrators. She received 30 days.
    On June 22, 2006, Ferdin was sentenced to 90 days in jail for trespassing and "targeted demonstration" outside the home of an employee of the Los Angeles Department of Animal Services. She stated that the conviction "is not going to affect my speaking out and exposing the atrocities occurring at our six city shelters." In December 2006, Ferdin's group the Animal Defense League, Los Angeles (ADLLA) announced that it had been awarded $75,000 against the city of Los Angeles for an anti-SLAPP (Strategic lawsuit against public participation) motion.

Acting career

Ferdin is best remembered for her roles as Felix Unger's daughter, Edna, on the TV sitcom The Odd Couple, as well as in fantasy and science fiction movies and television series. These roles included Mary Janowski in the Star Trek episode "And the Children Shall Lead", Laura Gentry in Space Academy [2], and Mary Constable in the supernatural thriller Daughter of the Mind. Ferdin also provided the voice of Lucy Van Pelt in three Peanuts cartoons, including the 1969 feature film A Boy Named Charlie Brown and the 1971 TV special Play It Again, Charlie Brown.
    Some of her early characters seemed to have special relationships with animals. Her character Amy in the 1971 film The Beguiled turned against the Clint Eastwood character after he killed her pet turtle. As the voice of Fern Arable in the movie Charlotte's Web in 1971, she saved the life of Wilbur the pig.
    Ferdin's association with animals continued when she co-starred with the dog Lassie from 1972 to 1974 (sources vary on exact dates). Her character, Lucy Baker, a deaf adolescent who initially had a pet wolf, loved and interacted with a variety of animals, including horses and a llama.
    Last edited by cachluv; 06-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.