Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are they now?

DoubleZ1013 Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    What about:

Gene Gene The Dancin' Machine

Gene is in his 70's and sufferes from diabetes. Recently he had both of his feet removed because of it.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Didn't [SIZE=3]BOBBY SHERMAN[/SIZE] become a paramedic at one point ? He's got to be in his early to mid 60s by now & likely nearing retirement age.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    San Bernadino County Sherrif. Pretty Kewl

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Donny, Bobby, David... I almost forgot about Michael Gray...... ***swoon***

http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/1972mags.htm
    I think I had every one of those pinups plastered to every bit of available wallspace, much to by brothers intense disgust. He hated all of those guys with a passion!

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
    I think the first record i played on my hand me down turntable
    (the box kind you could snap it shit and carry it like a suitcase)
    I had one of these. It was puke green. Carried it everywhere. The first two 45's I got were In the year 2525 and Suspicious Minds - Elvis.

On another note, any oldtimers remember the song DOA by vanilla (I think) fudge?

susalu Guest
    any body remember the song about hot pants???

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    Dunno. Can you hum a few bars?

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    I just realized that Pam Dawber reminds me of Terri Irwin. Hmmm.

I LOVED the "Home Show" and "Real People." Too bad about Skip.
    I went to the home show. I still have a few newsletters.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    If you mean the "hotpants" that James Brown sang, then yeah, I remember.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    This may belong in the music forum, but remember Tony DeFranco? And The DeFranco Family? I thought he was hotter than Donnie! What was that song... Heartbeat? Anybody?
    I was just thinkin about him.."It's a heartbeat it's a love beat!" and Abracadabra! My cousin was in love with him major! LOL

And howz about David Cassidy? I think I listened to "I think I love you!" at least a gazillion times. Was in my favorite store (Target) the other day and saw that they had The Best of David Cassidy on sale. Almost bought it, but decided it would be too embarrassing if anyone knew that I owned it!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

pinkrose35 Guest
    michael gray?

Shazam!!! It's been a long time since I thought about that show, I wonder what he looks like now...........he always had great hair........I was a very small child when that show came on on Saturday mornings.

cachluv Guest
    Isis?

Electra Woman and Dynagirl??

I mentioned The Hudson Brothers on the first page of this thread. Brett Hudson, I don't know. Mark Hudson is a behind the scene's producer type now and quite popular with that set. Bill Hudson is father to Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson, but I don't know where he is now. Those kids don't care for him, I wonder if they ever see him??

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Donny, Bobby, David... I almost forgot about Michael Gray...... ***swoon***

http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/1972mags.htm
    THAT has got to be the creepiest site i've ever been on.

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Isis?

Electra Woman and Dynagirl??

I mentioned The Hudson Brothers on the first page of this thread. Brett Hudson, I don't know. Mark Hudson is a behind the scene's producer type now and quite popular with that set. Bill Hudson is father to Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson, but I don't know where he is now. Those kids don't care for him, I wonder if they ever see him??
    IMDb says JoAnna Cameron - - Isis - - is now working in hotel marketing in Hawaii. It also says she was originally favored for the role of Jenny in Love Story.

I *so* wanted to be Isis back then!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Isis?

Bill Hudson for years was married to Cindy Williams. In fact Cindy left her role as Shirley on Laverne & Shirley because of him. She was pregnant with his baby. Of course Larverne & Shirley without Shirley was just Laverne and the show soon ended.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    And howz about David Cassidy? I think I listened to "I think I love you!" at least a gazillion times. Was in my favorite store (Target) the other day and saw that they had
    [SIZE=3]The Best of David Cassidy[/SIZE] on sale. Almost bought it, but decided it would be too embarrassing if anyone knew that I owned it!
    [SIZE=3]BEST[/SIZE], there's actually a [SIZE=3]BEST OF[/SIZE] for [SIZE=3]DAVID CASSIDY[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    If you mean the "hotpants" that James Brown sang, then yeah, I remember.
    nope this was a sort of pop bubblegum rock song about hotpants... the only lyrics i remember are:

"big girls small girls all across the nation,
    give em one or two for women's liberation,
    hotpants, la la la la hotpants"

maybe i dreamt it!!

Irishlass Guest
    [SIZE=3]BEST[/SIZE], there's actually a [SIZE=3]BEST OF[/SIZE] for [SIZE=3]DAVID CASSIDY[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]?[/SIZE]
    I meet David cassidy once when i was in HS...he is short and had grey hair....lol

Yikes, never thought of it that way. I didn't actually look at the cover (what if someone had seen me????), maybe it only has like two songs on it.

Ceci Guest
    Cathy J and GrinReaper, thanks a lot for the info on Vanity and Dee from "What's Happening". I have wondered about the two of them because they were so famous in the 70's and the 80's. And then, they dropped out of sight!!!!

As for Lola Falana, I'll keep on looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceci View Post
    Cathy J and GrinReaper, thanks a lot for the info on Vanity and Dee from "What's Happening". I have wondered about the two of them because they were so famous in the 70's and the 80's. And then, they dropped out of sight!!!!

Haven't thought of Lola Falana for eons. Does anyone remember the actress/singer's name, she was of the ilk of Lola, but she was married to a very rich arabic guy who bought her a billboard on Sunset Blvd., etc. I think his name was Riklis or something. Not Evangeline (whose husband also bought her a billboard), but another woman who never amounted to anything no matter how much $$$ her husband spent on her career.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Haven't thought of Lola Falana for eons. Does anyone remember the actress/singer's name, she was of the ilk of Lola, but she was married to a very rich arabic guy who bought her a billboard on Sunset Blvd., etc. I think his name was Riklis or something. Not Evangeline (whose husband also bought her a billboard), but another woman who never amounted to anything no matter how much $$$ her husband spent on her career.
    Pia Zadora?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    Pia Zadora?
    Yes, that's who I was thinking of! Thanks Suzanne, that would have driven me nuts until I remembered. Does anyone know whatever happened to her?

From IMDb:

Was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis; after a brief period of (1987) remission, her MS returned in 1996.

In later years she has turned to religion for comfort and solace, touring much of the time as an evangelist.

(November 1996) Retired and living with her parents in Philadelphia.

(June 2006) Lola has recovered sufficiently from her bad attack of multiple sclerosis in 1996, which sent her to her parents' home in Philadelphia, to make her own home in her beloved Las Vegas.

And from Wikipedia:

Health problems

Soon after the show was cancelled in 1987, she suffered a major setback; a relapse of multiple sclerosis. Falana's relapse was severe; her left side was paralyzed, she became partially blind, and her voice and hearing were impaired. Recovery lasted a year and a half, during which she spent most of her time praying. Falana attributes her recovery to a spiritual experience which she described as "Being able to feel the presence of the Lord."
    She converted to Roman Catholicism and worked her newly-found spirituality into her everyday life. Though she performed again in Las Vegas shows in 1987, her practice of religion and faith became the center of her life.
    After another bout with multiple sclerosis in 1996, Falana returned to Philadelphia and lived with her parents for a short time. No longer performing, she now tours the country with a message of hope and spirituality. When not on tour, she lives a quiet life in Las Vegas working on the apostolate she founded, The Lambs of God Ministry. The ministry is focused on helping children who have been orphaned in Sub-Saharan Africa, and works closely with the group Save Sub-Saharan Orphans.
    Her last known musical performance was in 1997, at Wayne Newton's theater in Branson, Missouri.

9/11 Revelation

On September 10th, 2001, the eve of her 59th birthday, Falana's evening prayers were interrupted by a "voice."
    As Falana later recounted to Jet magazine, the voice said, "Today is the last day things will be as they are. Tomorrow nothing will be the same again."
    The next day Falana, who resided in Las Vegas at the time, received a call from her mother in Philadelphia about the attacks.
    "It made me become a servant for God," Falana said. "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God lives and that He is the authority on everything on this earth. What He allows is for the greater good for humanity."

Suzanne30 Guest
    Yes, that's who I was thinking of! Thanks Suzanne, that would have driven me nuts until I remembered. Does anyone know whatever happened to her?

Zadora now lives with her three children (from two former marriages) in wealthy retirement, thanks to ex-husband Meshulam Riklis. Zadora gained notoriety when she and Riklis bought the Beverly Hills landmark mansion Pickfair in January of 1988 and later demolished it. The mansion, former home of early movie stars Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford, was one of Beverly Hills' most famous privately owned properties. To show his "love and affection", Riklis had an oil portrait commissioned of Zadora in the nude. Visitors to the Pickfair Mansion were greeted by the portrait.

The last thing I saw her in was John Waters' Hairspray, playing a beatnik.

Was it a single?
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yikes, never thought of it that way. I didn't actually look at the cover (what if someone had seen me????), maybe it only has like two songs on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851
    Was it a single?
    Great minds think alike!

Noelle Page Guest
    And howz about David Cassidy? I think I listened to "I think I love you!" at least a gazillion times. Was in my favorite store (Target) the other day and saw that they had The Best of David Cassidy on sale. Almost bought it, but decided it would be too embarrassing if anyone knew that I owned it!
    Don't be ashamed! David was/is very talented. Looking at those old PF episodes, he really holds up....very charismatic, great voice and onscreen presence. (Of course, next to all those other untalented Partridges, that wasn't too hard)

RoRo Guest
    David Cassidy is also said to be hung like a donkey and his brothers used to call him Donk...all of them have talked about this in interviews...guess he's proud of it lol

Martini Guest
    Saw David Cassidy last August - there was a huge crowd there and all the girls (me), were still screaming for him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	david19.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	1823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	david10.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	1824  

Martini Guest
    God I was so a child of the 70's!

Love the Hudson Brothers ( there are some video's of Brett Hudson on Youtube - you would never recognize him now)

And yes I will admit it ... I was a Bay City Rollers Fan!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    David Cassidy is also said to be hung like a donkey and his brothers used to call him Donk...all of them have talked about this in interviews...guess he's proud of it lol
    I remember seeing a picture of him naked; no jealousy here !

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    God I was so a child of the 70's!

Love the Hudson Brothers ( there are some video's of Brett Hudson on Youtube - you would never recognize him now)

And yes I will admit it ... I was a Bay City Rollers Fan!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!!!!
    Just got one of those "Best of the 70's" collections at my favorite store (Target), and that's one of the songs on it. I had totally forgotten about it, but when it came on I was singing along and jamming down the freeway. I got the sudden desire to buy something plaid.

Also, here in the east, east side of LA is a diner called Legends. The food is okay but the jukebox is the big draw. Much to my kid's dismay, I like to sing along. The other day I was singing along and doing the motions to "YMCA," which was extremely embarrassing to them... until they looked around and saw all the other tables doing the motions along with Mom. For one fleeting second in Glendora, California, their Mom was cool.
    Last edited by geekygirl; 11-28-2007 at 08:15 PM.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Whatever happened to Bonnie Franklin??? After ONE DAY AT A TIME she seemed to disappear. Weird. When I was in LA my friend gave me tour of stars home and going down one street he pointed out Bonnie Franklin's house. I thought "is she still worthy of being on a tour?"

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wanttohaveitall View Post
    Whatever happened to Bonnie Franklin??? After ONE DAY AT A TIME she seemed to disappear. Weird. When I was in LA my friend gave me tour of stars home and going down one street he pointed out Bonnie Franklin's house. I thought "is she still worthy of being on a tour?"
    Appears she's doing theater around the country these days. Not much info on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Franklin
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    Appears she's doing theater around the country these days. Not much info on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Franklin
    Decades ago, mygirlfriend's Dad was a bank manager in Beverly Hills. She used to come in every now and again, and he said she was very nice, very kind to anyone that would ask for an autograph.

But yeah, good question on whatever happened to her. For myself, if I had made enough $$$ up front to buy a house with cash in a nice nieghborhood, make a couple of decent investments that kept a little $$$ coming in to survive on, and perhaps get paid for residuals in addition to that, you would never see me again either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wanttohaveitall View Post
    Another one who tended to annoy more than enthrall. I couldn't ever understand the appeal of any of the three females on
    ONE DAY AT A TIME. I have to add that my favorite episode however was the one where
    JULIE (MACKENZIE "Ain't No Drug I Haven't Tried" PHILLIPS) lacks confidence because of her boyfriend's interest in 'Trish The Dish'; The mother (Cross-Eyed Bonnie) tells her, "C'mon JULIE, you know you're a knock-out !" Gawd- the core acting ability it must have required not to have burst out into a laughing jag on the set that day !

"Mommy, is the cross eyed lady going to eat us ?"

[SIZE=1]REUTERS- Now since actress Elizabeth Taylor was 16 has America been so taken by the beauty of a teenaged girl. Lovely Mackenzie Phillips shown here exiting a methodone clinic in Culver City has oogles of boyfriends, enjoys shopping and has all of the joy and fun that only comes naturally from the promise of youth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Who the fuck were they trying to kid ?[/SIZE]

The decidedly average VALERIE BERTINELLI;
    Of course nothing short of extraordinary when
    compared to her tv sister MACKENZIE.

Another one who tended to annoy more than enthrall. I couldn't ever understand the appeal of any of the three females on
    ONE DAY AT A TIME. I have to add that my favorite episode however was the one where
    JULIE (MACKENZIE "Ain't No Drug I Haven't Tried" PHILLIPS) lacks confidence because of her boyfriend's interest in 'Trish The Dish'; The mother (Cross-Eyed Bonnie) tells her, "C'mon JULIE, you know you're a knock-out !" Gawd- the core acting ability it must have required not to have burst out into a laughing jag on the set that day !

"Mommy, is the cross eyed lady going to eat us ?"

[SIZE=1]REUTERS- Now since actress Elizabeth Taylor was 16 has America been so taken by the beauty of a teenaged girl. Lovely Mackenzie Phillips shown here exiting a methodone clinic in Culver City has oogles of boyfriends, enjoys shopping and has all of the joy and fun that only comes naturally from the promise of youth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Who the fuck were they trying to kid ?[/SIZE]

The decidedly average VALERIE BERTINELLI;
    Of course nothing short of extraordinary when
    compared to her tv sister MACKENZIE.

You're right, all three of them were by no means classic beauties. Especially Mackenzie. But I think we could do a whole separate thread on movie stars who are downright ugly. For me, the one that I don't understand how people think she is pretty is Sarah Jessica Parker. She is a great actress, has a very nice body, but her face looks witchy to me. Yet she is on dozens and dozens of magazine covers and lots of folks think she is strikingly beautiful.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Decades ago, mygirlfriend's Dad was a bank manager in Beverly Hills. She used to come in every now and again, and he said she was very nice, very kind to anyone that would ask for an autograph.

But yeah, good question on whatever happened to her. For myself, if I had made enough $$$ up front to buy a house with cash in a nice nieghborhood, make a couple of decent investments that kept a little $$$ coming in to survive on, and perhaps get paid for residuals in addition to that, you would never see me again either.

I think you're right. She probably made a lot of $$$ both when the show was on and now in residuals, she probably doesn't need to work. I'm glad to hear she's nice. I'd be nice too if I were in that position!!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Summer of 1999 -which seems like yesterday and was in fact, NINE years ago: I went to a Teen Idol Tour. The audience was full of women just like me- 40's and 50 somethings.

First on stage was Bobby Sherman He'd lost a little weight his hair was a little longer than in that police uniform picture. He sang all his big hits like 'Hey, Little Woman" I used to watch him when he was a regular on "Shindig" about 1965. There were a whole bunch of ladies there wearing t-shirts that said "I'm a Bobby Babe!" LOL! I imagined they were the same little teenyboppers that came to his concerts in 1970, just 30 years later! He wore a white pirate shirt and black leather pants- oh mama!
    Then Peter Noone, aka Herman. We sang along to all our old favorites. Sweet guy!
    Then the big headliner- Davy Jones! His fan base is interesting. The Monkees has been re-run on cable, and he had younger fans. Instead of gray-haired grandma's swooning at him, he had 20 year olds running up to the stage to kiss him! He was very flirty. He doesn't look like a grandfather or anything- just Davy a bit older.

I don't like to look back so much, because I didn't grow up in a happy home. Nobody thought to take a little teenybopper to a show, even though I lived in LA and lots of stuff went on "Dirty Hippies" "Waste of Money" blah blah But now I am all grown up and I am having the best childhood/adolescence ever! I love that so many of my favorites from back in the day do nostalgia concerts!

deathhagcutie Guest
    whatever happend to jason?..he was a big poster on here then nothing?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    whatever happend to jason?..he was a big poster on here then nothing?
    He got to big for his britches..........aka......he got da boot......aka......he was too disrespectful of some of the mods....aka.......he's banned with his Mac, his Wal-Mart guitar, and his little box he stood on so he could be seen in his driver's license photo.

sunshine74137 Guest
    What about Michael the son on good times? He was the only one who didn't act totally dorky

Chevyheaven Guest
    What about Larry Wilcox who played John I think on CHIPS
    he was great. Havent seen him in years.

**Jenna** Guest
    I thought he was cute when I was little.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    He got to big for his britches..........aka......he got da boot......aka......he was too disrespectful of some of the mods....aka.......he's banned with his Mac, his Wal-Mart guitar, and his little box he stood on so he could be seen in his driver's license photo.
    Whew bitter much?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    What about Michael the son on good times? He was the only one who didn't act totally dorky
    He was cute!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Ralph Carter was nominated for Broadway's 1974 Tony Award as Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Musical) for "Raisin."
    Ralph released a record, "Extra Extra," that was a minor hit in the mid-1970's.
    Like other TV child stars, Ralph's on-camera career fell away after his popular show's cancellation, unable to transition into adult roles.
    Had an 80s singing nightclub act and performed mainly as a baritone balladeer performing in such NY clubs as Sweetwater's.
    Showed up on an episode of "E! True Hollywood Story" (age 40+) for the story behind his landmark sitcom sporting a mustache.
    On June 28, 2006, Carter appeared at the BET Awards in a mini-"Good Times" reunion, joining former cast members Jimmie Walker (J.J.), BernNadette Stanis (Thelma) and Janet Jackson (Penny).
    At the height of his "Good Times" (1974) run, Carter was groomed for teen-idol singing status. Mercury Records produced Carter's one and only release -- the 1976 "Young And In Love". Ralph's two singles were "Extra Extra (Read All About it)" and "When You're Young And In Love." He also sang on a couple of his TV show's episodes.
    For his work in the 1973 musical "Raisin", Carter won the Theatre World Award was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Supporting or Featured Actor in a Musical. That same season he also appeared in "Dude", for which he won the Drama Desk Award for Most Promising Performer, "Via Galactica" (both of which were short-lived) and "The Karl Marx Play", which performed off-Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    What? You got an inch problem?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    What about Larry Wilcox who played John I think on CHIPS
    he was great. Havent seen him in years.
    He got married and divorced quite a few times.

He never really got on with Erik Estrada, but was a consumate professional. Ever since the show "wrapped" in 1982, he has:-

-run his own theatre production company

-ran a software company

-went into pharmaceuticals (another company)

ironically, even though Larry and Erik didn't get on " back in the day", they still keep in touch for "coulda, shoulda, woulda" type conversations.

Last seen in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1, with Estrada.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 07-23-2009 at 01:16 AM.