Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Headstones, Tombs, & Graves!

Thumbs up Celebrity Headstones, Tombs, & Graves!

http://www.hollywoodusa.co.uk/outofstategraves.htm

I thought you guys would love this site!!!!!!!

ShatteredMirror Guest
    There's also http://www.findagrave.com which lists thousands of famous graves and not just those from the arts and entertainment industry. Plus, you have the chance to leave a personal message to the person you're looking up.

You can put family and friend's graves on there. One of my friend's in on there. She's in the same graveyard as Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia).

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I also heard a rumor that there was this great book called "The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians" written by this guy who used to work for Steve Allen but now lives in Portland who travelled the world over to collect over 500 exact locations of final resting places of famous popular musicians.

I also heard he's a total jerk in person too! Always hocking that book you can get for $3.00 new on amazon.com.

Lobsters Guest
    Can I kick him in the shins if I see him??

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    I also heard a rumor that there was this great book called "The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians" written by this guy who used to work for Steve Allen but now lives in Portland who travelled the world over to collect over 500 exact locations of final resting places of famous popular musicians.

I also heard he's a total jerk in person too! Always hocking that book you can get for $3.00 new on amazon.com.

WOW. Must of had a great Mentor to be such a jerk

The only thing I can see around the Portland area (within the immediate area anyway) is the resting place of Rudy Vallee.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    The only thing I can see around the Portland area (within the immediate area anyway) is the resting place of Rudy Vallee.
    Actually Rudy is buried in St. Hyacinthe Cemetery in Maine (I'm in Portland, Oregon). Of course I much prefered Rudy as the evil villian Lord Marmaduke Fogg on the Batman TV series than his music. (god how do I remember this useless crap - oh that's right, I'm a death hag. Nevermind)

But you're forgetting the Prince of Wails, Johnnie Ray at Hopewell Cemetery in Dayton, OR. Best known for Cry and being on the list of most hated by Frank Sinatra (hey Frank, his not hittin' on your broads - he's gay!). Johnnie died of liver failure / bottle flu in 1990.

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest

Mountain View Cemetery

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    You can put family and friend's graves on there. One of my friend's in on there. She's in the same graveyard as Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia).
    I just finally went to Beth Short's grave. Mountain View cemetary in Oakland is probably the coolest cemetary I have ever been to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmar...7594545687825/
    Last edited by D3LIVIĆ?N; 10-19-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I just finally went to Beth Short's grave. Mountain View cemetary in Oakland is probably the coolest cemetary I have ever been to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmar...7594545687825/
    Coolest cemetery in the US for me is hands down Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx.

Everybody is buried there!

leevancleef Guest
    ^^For example?? Can you name a few of the famous people buried on there?

magblax Guest
    There is a great book called "Where Are They Buried? How Did They Die?" By: Tod Benoit

Some celebrity stones are difficult to find and some aren't buried at cemetaries. This book give exact locations and some interesting death details!
    http://www.amazon.com/Buried-Fitting...2900740&sr=8-1

kelbons Guest

Grave Photos... famous and otherwise!

Just curious whether anyone has interesting pictures of any graves that you have personally visited. Here are a few of mine:

Mark Twain:

My mom, me and my daughter at my grandparents' grave on the top of a windy, cold hill in the middle of nowhere in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania:

The story behind that one is... when my grandparents bought their stone, Gram wanted to go up and have her picture taken sitting on top of her own gravestone. She thought it would be hilarious! Unfortunately, she died (in 1997) before she got a chance. When we went up this spring, we decided that she would appreciate us posing for her!

Whatcha got???

Gary Guest
    I have TONS but I don't have a scanner to post them.

RoRo Guest
    I'm like Gary I have lots but none scanned

attackatdawn Guest
    Wish I had a digtal camera, I do have some photographs of a couple of famous persons graves. I went to Memphis, Tennesee a long time ago this was before Elvis & his dad died. You could tour the area where his mom & brother were buried I think I have a picture of that, also went to the memorial where Harry S Truman is buried can't remember where it is though. In Deadwood, South Dakota I have pictures of Wild Bill Hickok & Calamity Jane are buried. Also some famous mountain man can't remember his name but it said on info about him that Robert Redford came to his burial or something.

disco Guest
    Mark Twain is my favorite writer. Read "Puddin Head Wilson". Samuel Clemens was way ahead of his time.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    Wish I had a digtal camera, I do have some photographs of a couple of famous persons graves. I went to Memphis, Tennesee a long time ago this was before Elvis & his dad died. You could tour the area where his mom & brother were buried I think I have a picture of that, also went to the memorial where Harry S Truman is buried can't remember where it is though. In Deadwood, South Dakota I have pictures of Wild Bill Hickok & Calamity Jane are buried. Also some famous mountain man can't remember his name but it said on info about him that Robert Redford came to his burial or something.

Here's Wild Bill Hickok's grave from the side...

Headstone Photos For Dead Movie Stars

I personally have never taken a pic of a famous headstone. Sure, you can look them up on the net, but I thought your pic and the circumstances around taking it would be interesting.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I've got one of Tammy Wynette - which is in her thread under the "musician" section here.

I also got one of Marty Robbins here, and of Elvis in his thread.

I got one of Jimi Hendrix (his original one before they moved it into that tacky masoleum), but it's in storage and I'd have to scan it.

buddyhollylover Guest
    i live right by were howie epstein is buried, i took this pic a while back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0473[1].JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1975  
    Last edited by buddyhollylover; 12-03-2007 at 10:09 AM.

buddyhollylover Guest
    here, so it doesn't look like it's a pic off the net, this is me, and 2 of my daughters at his grave! this was i think 2 summers ago.

i love tom petty & the heartbreakers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0472[1].JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	1976  

Cettie Guest
    I live about a half hour from where Lucille Ball is buried. I've been meaning to get out there sometime. They also had her childhood home up for sale in Celoron, NY. Her kids were bidders on it but were too cheap to land the deal. It went to someone for $93,000

SistaSara Guest
    I've taken a lot...as I live in the Hollywood area. Can't wait till I'm able to go to Paris tho....MORRISION!!!

All my pics so far are from online so far...
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

onehunglow Guest
    No but I know a Headstone that died.

kelbons Guest

He's buried in Elmira. My three-year-old and I took a ride over to Woodlawn Cemetery (about ten minutes from our house) on one of the last nice days this fall... she LOVES cemeteries!

Jaxxx Guest
    Stole a flower off another headstone and put it on Dashiell Hammett grave.

celebrities final spaces ~ enjoy

Last edited by Serendipity09; 04-09-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: addendum

That was pretty cool. Did you makes those?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

ozzysmom Guest
    Those were great! I loved Rodney Dangerfield's. "There goes the neighborhood" LOL....classic

cherryghost Guest
    That really worked! Thanks I enjoyed it and was left wanting more!

Always a good sign!

Jazbabee Guest
    Thanks - what a wonderful find !

Kugmu Guest
    Good find...

Snoopy Guest
    Awesome!

Wow! Very interestng and sad,nice touch with Sara M. singing in the background

jimmy's One Guest

Headstone Photos For DEAD Movie Stars

There are so many photos of headstones & burial sites of movie actors & actresses I come across on the net..I thourght it might be interesting to have a page to post the photos of these last resting places.

I will start with my favouite JAMES BRYRON DEAD Headstones Pics

I Must admit I think its quite a plain headstone for such a legendary actor!!

Photo by MIKE Indiana.

Photo By Alan C Indiana

More Cheese Please Guest

Martini Guest

Nick Adams

More Cheese Please Guest

Sorry- not a movie star

More Cheese Please Guest

sunshine74137 Guest
    Had to say this thread cracked me up-- As opposed to headstones of LIVE actors and actresses

Martini Guest

Jack Benny

Martini Guest

John Wayne

More Cheese Please Guest

Martini Guest

Al Jolson

More Cheese Please Guest

Douglas Fairbanks

Martini Guest

Chuck Connors

Martini Guest

Bob Crane

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Had to say this thread cracked me up-- As opposed to headstones of LIVE actors and actresses
    it always keeps me when live folk put up headstones.