Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPopsicle View Post
    Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! Did you have a good trip? Did you get chills looking at Strawberry Fields?
    It was good, but busy. It's a four-hour drive down, so we were only there from about 10:30 in the morning until about 5:30 in the afternoon. LOTS of walking and no real plan, but that's what you get when you go on a last-minute decision!

Strawberry Fields was nice... you're not supposed to play music or be loud there. I didn't get a lot of reflection time, unfortunately, because I was with my husband and brother-in-law. They wanted to go! Party poopers. The "Imagine" thing was awesome, though!

ShockDoc Guest
    I truly wish they'd let the killer into the general prison population, and let him feel the fear for about 2 days before he 'gets it'. Harsh, but this bastard's been coddled long enough. Why are they protecting him? Who the F wants him to live anyway?

Layla331 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    It was good, but busy. It's a four-hour drive down, so we were only there from about 10:30 in the morning until about 5:30 in the afternoon. LOTS of walking and no real plan, but that's what you get when you go on a last-minute decision!

Strawberry Fields was nice... you're not supposed to play music or be loud there. I didn't get a lot of reflection time, unfortunately, because I was with my husband and brother-in-law. They wanted to go! Party poopers. The "Imagine" thing was awesome, though!

we go a few times a year..isnt it surreal standing where you know he was...its such a peaceful area in the park..i love it there..great pics thanks for showing them..you guys are a good lookin couple

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    we go a few times a year..isn't it surreal standing where you know he was...its such a peaceful area in the park..i love it there..great pics thanks for showing them..you guys are a good lookin couple
    Aww, shucks!

I was just thinking when I saw that picture how much weight I need to lose. And how I'm starting to look like an old lady! LOL

That was my first time in Central Park. We started at the south end and only went as far north as Strawberry Fields. The most surreal part of it to me is the fact that there is this sanctuary in the middle of this crazy city! I loved walking past the Dakota and it was weird knowing that that was the spot where he was shot by that crazy fucker!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Aww, shucks!

I was just thinking when I saw that picture how much weight I need to lose. And how I'm starting to look like an old lady! LOL

That was my first time in Central Park. We started at the south end and only went as far north as Strawberry Fields. The most surreal part of it to me is the fact that there is this sanctuary in the middle of this crazy city! I loved walking past the Dakota and it was weird knowing that that was the spot where he was shot by that crazy fucker!
    You guys looked great and happy! What more could you want! Thanks for sharing. As New Yorker I love taking out of state visitors to Central Park and tothe Zen Garden by the holocaust museum in Brooklyn. They are always shocked at how lovely and safe Central Park is and how lovely, quiet and peaceful the zen garden is as well. One of my best friends from San Francisco remarked that she never would have believed she would be standing in a garden in brooklyn smelling lavender and jasmine and watching people of all ages quietly doing Ti Chi.
    I think that is one of the reasons John loved NY. The city embraced him and gave him privacy to walk the streets and be a regular person.
    It was actually Paul who turned John on to NY. Linda Eastman took Paul to NY shortly after she met him and he kept telling her we can't go anywhere , we won't be able to eat out or take in the sights but she insisted and they stayed in a little hotel in the West Village and they walked everyone and people were friendly but gave him space. He was absolutely stunned at the semblence of normalcy he found. He also knew a good thing or woman when he found it and snapped Linda up as his wife.
    NY is seldom what you expect it to be. It is almost always better.
    Regards,
    A very partial transplant to NYC
    Mary

I love John Lennon. But then again what's not to love about him? He was so pure and his message will live forever.

On a side note, I recently took a trip up to Fort Lawton, OK. and I swear someone stole my Lennon shirt.

This one.

It was a gift from my mother. I'm prettty sure it was the house keeping room attendant guy. I went out for a quick swim and suddenly it was gone.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    I love John Lennon. But then again what's not to love about him? He was so pure and his message will live forever.

On a side note, I recently took a trip up to Fort Lawton, OK. and I swear someone stole my Lennon shirt.

This one.

It was a gift from my mother. I'm prettty sure it was the house keeping room attendant guy. I went out for a quick swim and suddenly it was gone.
    Hey I have this shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakdj00 View Post
    Hey I have this shirt!
    You didn't happen to work at the Baymont Inn at Lawton, Oklahoma did you? J/K

That's where I was when my shirt was stolen. LOL!

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    You didn't happen to work at the Baymont Inn at Lawton, Oklahoma did you? J/K

That's where I was when my shirt was stolen. LOL!
    lol..no..I bought mine somewhere in London. I dont remember where.

10. 07-23-2009, 11:11 PM

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Im listening to Across the Universe at the moment.such a brilliant song..

Find A Death Fan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    Is the murder of John Lennon the only time a celebrity has been killed by a deranged fan?
    The 2002 shooting death of actor Merlin Santana is another one that comes to mind. Other than those three John Lennon, Rebecca Schaeffer & Merlin Santana im not sure, but i heard of alot of celebrities that have had encounters with dangerous stalkers though.

13. 07-24-2009, 02:02 PM

BAGOBONES Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    What's your take on Mark David Chapman? A cold and calculating murderer with a chip on his shoulder, or a deranged "fan" who thought he was doing the world a favour by getting rid of "phonies"?

You'll find as you get to know me that I am a HUGE Beatles fanatic, so maybe I'm not the best person to get an unbiased opinion from.

However, MDC shattered a world's dreams and aspirations on December 8 1980. How can he be forgiven for that?

MDC was and is a peon that wanted to be famous.Cleaning toilets or whatever he was doing wasn't doing the trick so he flipped out and went after someone famous.

Mocking a mentally ill persons higher power is a no no....
    (from wiki)
    Chapman recalls having listened to Lennon's John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album in the weeks before the murder and stated: "I would listen to this music and I would get angry at him, for saying that he didn't believe in God... and that he didn't believe in the Beatles. This was another thing that angered me, even though this record had been done at least 10 years previously. I just wanted to scream out loud, 'Who does he think he is, saying these things about God and heaven and the Beatles?' Saying that he doesn't believe in Jesus and things like that. At that point, my mind was going through a total blackness of anger and rage. So I brought the Lennon book home, into this Catcher in the Rye milieu where my mindset is Holden Caulfield and anti-phoniness."[41] Chapman later stated that, while Holden was not violent, he did "have a violent thought of shooting someone, of emptying a revolver into this fellow's stomach, someone that had done him wrong" despite being "a very sensitive person and he probably would not have killed anybody as I did. But that's fiction and reality was standing in front [of] the Dakota."[43]

BAGOBONES Guest
    John inspired a lot of "Working Class Heroes" and MDC probably increased sales of "Catcher in the Rye" for about a week and is a Wardens' 54 year old slave.

John Lennon Wins lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

gracehatter Guest
    I know Paul and MJ hooked up...did John ever hook up with MJ?

BAGOBONES Guest
    I don't believe so,well MJ was 22 when JL died, I'm not sure but maybe Michaels' parents would have forbidden him to perform with an "atheist". I don't know just my opinion

Last night I watched The Killing Of John Lennon and totally believed they wanted me to feel sorry for Mark Chapman. He had a hard life, oh my bloody heart bleeds for you! Not really, he's a cold blooded killer and should riot in Jail.

This one.

A family friend went to New York and got this shirt for my Brother, I never got one myself but it's cool when my brother wears it!

tisha3679 Guest
    Dimebag Abbott from Pantera was shot & killed on stage. It happened on Dec. 8th also

Pamebabby Guest
    I have that shirt too! Kelbons, beautiful pics, thank you so much! I had some as well on my other computer, stored, but a virus got it, and them also. Lovely place, hope you had a nice time.

kelbons Guest
    I love looking at all of the different flower decorations that people put on that thing! It's different practically every day.

Thanks... that was a nice time! I'd never been to Central Park before then. But MAN, was it a whirlwind visit to the city!

ChargerBill Guest

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Chapter 27 is now showing on Showtime!

Rest In Peace, its been almost thirty years, my time flys.

RIP John
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

As time goes by

I don't live too far from the Dakota, the place hasn't changed at all in these many years. Rest In Peace John, almost 29 years now.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockDoc View Post
    I truly wish they'd let the killer into the general prison population, and let him feel the fear for about 2 days before he 'gets it'. Harsh, but this bastard's been coddled long enough. Why are they protecting him? Who the F wants him to live anyway?
    He's lucky I'm not a guard or a worker at the prison he's in.
    I would either beat him senseless, (Killing is too good for him) or it would be like "Sorry boss. I didn't mean to leave that door unlocked which let the rapists and killers into his cell. Whoops."

james1977 Guest

Chapman Is A Piece Of S----.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Then the next nut job will be the one who killed the killer of JL.
    If he was ever let out. He would not last a month. Such dis-respect for such a great artist. That scum-bag killed Lennon just to get his name in the papers. Just because he was a sorry-ass loser he has to get jealous because he's a loser. Chapman is a pathetic piece of crud just like Oswald was. And if those fools parole him. A million Jack Rubys will be waiting. What an idiot.

John carpenter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I don't even get conjugal visits-- and I'm a free man...

/OfficeSpace
    R.O.F.L. That was hilarious

Pamebabby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    Chapter 27 is now showing on Showtime!
    Hon, what's Chapter 27?

Has anyone else been on the National Trust tours of both Johns and Pauls homes? ( Menlove and Forthlin Avenue) I took my mum last year and can't wait to go again.
    Pauls house was good but didn't get the same 'feel' as the house was gutted and made to look like in did in the 1950's, where as Johns house was the way it was when he lived there ( I believe when Johns Aunt Mimi moved out some old guy lived there who never did anything to it so all the original windows, in some cases wallpaper, light switches, the bathroom had never been changed and even in Johns bedroom the wallpaper!) It was so fantastic being in that house, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck!!!!

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    29 years ago today!

Snoopy Guest
    RIP John you are sorely missed..as a person and a musician..he still had so much left to give.

RIP John
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Seems like yesterday...time goes by so fast. I will always miss John Lennon.

Pamebabby Guest
    John was such a big, big part of my life. Peace be with you John, now and forever. I miss you just as much as I did in 1980, and hope you are making some kick-ass music, wherever you are.

jaylene Guest
    Miss you John. You sure did try and
    save the world. Thanks for the music.

bigdog Guest
    I remember the exact moment I heard and where I was. I hope that un-named bastard lives in fear every second of his useless life. He should be tossed in with the general population.

Thinking of you today......RIP John
    "Strawberry Fields Forever"
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

We took a day trip to NYC the other day... just sharing a few images...

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Ted Challinor Guest
    A small ironic post-script ....Cental Park was modelled on Birkenhead Park, a short ferry/bus ride away from Liverpool on the other side of the Mersey. Lennon and his band would often play on the south side of the river in the early 1960s, and the first concert for the re-named 'Beetles'
    was near Birkenhead ...I wonder if Lennon knew the central park connection to north west England?

Bayou Queen Guest
    Rest in Peace, dear old friend.

dustbuster Guest

Dakota building

has anyone out there seen the film "Rosemary's Baby"? it was filmed in & around the Dakota, late 60s. the exterior of building's been power-washed since the Lennon murder, years of grime gone (and can be seen in the film "Chapter 27", about Mark Chapman's stay in NYC).

knothere Guest
    much more music reported that johns star on the walk of fame is missing

knothere Guest

John Lennon Star Goes Missing

12/22/09 1:47pm

by Kate Harper (CHARTattack)
    0 comments
    love it

hate it

John Lennon's star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame has disappeared and its empty spot has been covered up by a garbage bag.

The LAist website reported on Monday (Dec. 21) that the star was no longer in its place on 1750 Vine Street. Its disappearance has yet to be explained, which has led fans and websites to posit that it's either been stolen, damaged or vandalized.

Another possibility, the LAist reports, is that the star has been temporarily removed to make way for Ringo Starr's star (ha ha), which will be installed Feb. 8 and will mark the Hollywood Walk Of Fame's 50th anniversary.

The LAist has reportedly attempted to contact the Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce, which maintains the Walk Of Fame, about the disappearance, but they haven't received a response.

If Lennon's star has indeed been snatched, it wouldn't be the first time one has been stolen from the Walk Of Fame. Stars dedicated to actors Kirk Douglas and James Stewart were stolen after they were removed during construction, while Gene Autry's star was also snatched after a similar project. Actor Gregory Peck's star was sawed out of the sidewalk in 2005 and was replaced the next year.

Lennon's star was dedicated on Sept. 30, 1988. George Harrison was honoured with his own posthumous star in April. Come February, Paul McCartney will be the only Beatle without a star on the Walk Of Fame.

knothere Guest

John Lennon's Star missing

John Lennon Star Goes Missing

12/22/09 1:47pm

by Kate Harper (CHARTattack)
    0 comments
    love it

hate it

John Lennon's star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame has disappeared and its empty spot has been covered up by a garbage bag.

The LAist website reported on Monday (Dec. 21) that the star was no longer in its place on 1750 Vine Street. Its disappearance has yet to be explained, which has led fans and websites to posit that it's either been stolen, damaged or vandalized.

Another possibility, the LAist reports, is that the star has been temporarily removed to make way for Ringo Starr's star (ha ha), which will be installed Feb. 8 and will mark the Hollywood Walk Of Fame's 50th anniversary.

The LAist has reportedly attempted to contact the Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce, which maintains the Walk Of Fame, about the disappearance, but they haven't received a response.

If Lennon's star has indeed been snatched, it wouldn't be the first time one has been stolen from the Walk Of Fame. Stars dedicated to actors Kirk Douglas and James Stewart were stolen after they were removed during construction, while Gene Autry's star was also snatched after a similar project. Actor Gregory Peck's star was sawed out of the sidewalk in 2005 and was replaced the next year.

Lennon's star was dedicated on Sept. 30, 1988. George Harrison was honoured with his own posthumous star in April. Come February, Paul McCartney will be the only Beatle without a star on the Walk Of Fame.

Holy shit. Wouldn't you need a jackhammer to get it out?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

knothere Guest
    this article was from dec 22 so i thot sumin wooda bin done about it
    or they wood have them on cam

Nicki Guest
    Did Lucy and Ethel pull this prank again?

Guest Guest
    One wouldn't imagine this would an easy crime to commit.
    As for Ringo, I'm surprised the grumpy old bugger would get a star!

Well, he is a Beatle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]