Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

Jazbabee Guest
    Gee, as if John Lennon even cares at this point, or any for that matter

KarmaKat Guest
    Hmmmmm me thinks the Vatican is looking for a litte boost in the popularuty polls lol

sounds like the vatican is looking for a handout from yoko?
    pull the string!

dustbuster Guest
    personally, I don't think it was very smart of Lennon to wonder 'out & about' in NYC (or anywhere for that matter) as freely as he did. that's one of the reasons he loved the area so much; for the most part no one bothered him. although this had nothing to do with his murder, where he was simply being dropped off at home that night.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbuster View Post
    personally, I don't think it was very smart of Lennon to wonder 'out & about' in NYC (or anywhere for that matter) as freely as he did.
    Well, he had no idea what would happen, so I don't think it has anything to do with being smart. I mean, look what happens when you have a giant security wall (George H): someone gets in anyway and stabs you. And go figure that those two were the biggest activists of world peace (of the four Beatles, not of the world). I think John was simply living his life and didn't have any reason to think a lunatic would stalk and kill him. After that happened, they all upped their security.

Lotusflower Guest
    John Lennon was killed on my 10th birtday and I remember that day vividly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Gee, as if John Lennon even cares at this point, or any for that matter
    Yeah, he's been gone for 28 years now and to be honest, they were bigger then jesus!

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Yeah, he's been gone for 28 years now and to be honest, they were bigger then jesus!
    Oh oh!!! Thunder,lightning,hale nad brimstone.
    Last edited by TheMysterian; 08-11-2011 at 02:59 AM.

dustbuster Guest
    I was at the '10 minutes of silence' memorial in Central Park a few days later...you could've heard a pin drop during those 10 minutes!

28 years today. R.I.P John xx

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    28 years today. R.I.P John xx
    That is truely unbelievable isn't it? I still remember it like yesterday. RIP John

rickenbacker Guest
    Yeah, it's a tough day for me. John Lennon, and Dimebag Darrell. It's a sad day, but the anger is more intense. These guys didn't OD, didn't die in a plane crash, didn't get messed up in a car. They were both taken away from me.

It does not feel like its been 28 years.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

octobersky Guest
    RIP John

beatlebaby4 Guest
    28 years ago. Nothing has been the same since you've been gone. Miss you so much John. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Pamebabby Guest
    Missing John a lot, there is a sadness in my heart that will never go away, and anger that the fat fuck who took him is still alive and well. RIP John, Love ya always.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Missing John a lot, there is a sadness in my heart that will never go away, and anger that the fat fuck who took him is still alive and well. RIP John, Love ya always.
    No shit Pam!!
    I read that this creep is not being paroled because the authorities fear for his life out of prison.
    I would be deathly afraid if I were him.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I'm sure there are lots of people out there that would love to see him dead. He is definitely safer behind bars.

RIP Lennon.

It feels like it's been so long since his death, but it's only been 28 years. Wow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Pamebabby Guest
    At 11:00 PM, I'm going to light a candle and say a silent prayer for John. He may not have been an angel, but all is forgiven now. I hope he is at peace wherever he may be. Were Crapman to be let out....don't think he'd last too long waddling around.

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    I still get so sad whenever I hear "Watching the wheels".

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Starting Over does it for me

Snoopy Guest
    Starting Over and Beautiful Boy do it for me..I still feel so sad that Sean never really got the chance to know his Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Now I don't feel so foolish for missing someone I never knew. Chapman needs to be executed the same way he killed John.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    28 years ago. Nothing has been the same since you've been gone. Miss you so much John. xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Yes I remember That night well sitting reading a book with
    Monday Night Football on TV when Howard Cosell came on
    and Said - John Lennon had been shot.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I was 12 and I was asleep when it all went down; I remember waking up for school the next day and seeing my mother sitting at the kitchen table crying I thought a member of my family died... Now I realize he was a member of all of our youths, and families. RIP John.

DeadRinger Guest
    Miss you much, John. You truly were a Working Class Hero.

laynesgrl Guest
    RIP John Lennon

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I was 12 and I was asleep when it all went down; I remember waking up for school the next day and seeing my mother sitting at the kitchen table crying I thought a member of my family died... Now I realize he was a member of all of our youths, and families. RIP John.
    I don't think anyone could have said it better,thanks!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Wanna hear something rather sad and weird at the same time?

John's father, Freddy, cut a single in 1965, at the height of the Beatles' rise to fame. I heard that he got back in touch with John, but no great love there since he'd been gone most of John's life.

Anyhow, in this song, I can hear Imagine AND Watching The Wheels Go Round--two of John's most personal, introspective songs. Not to mention Freddy sounds a lot like John!

At the end of the day, I think John was an abandoned little boy. I'm so glad he got to get the love back on the other end of his life, especially with little Sean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44rfVi8C1pk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Oh oh!!! Thunder,lightning,hale nad brimstone.
    I am going to hell so let them come and get me lol John was FAB and the Beatles were class!

I said to him that I had seen him on TV with Lennon's body, and he replied yes, that he had moved it, and that a lot of people had gotten in to take pictures of Lennon. Some people were actually able to get in video cameras (they were rare in 1980). (I would imagine this was an after hours deal). He had even mentioned how people had moved Lennon's mouth and made gestures of him going "Yeah, yeah, yeah".
    I was shocked to hear this, but according to this fellow, he was there.
    Now, that's fucking - a disgusting thing to do, especially to John Fucking Lennon..

but -

I would really like to see it. For morbid curiosities sake.

breezy501 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    Hi
    I hate to be a nag, but I just want to point out that John's family specifically requested that out of respect for John, no one ever speak his killer's name because all it did was give the murderer the fame and immortality he was seeking.
    Sorry again, don't want to be a nag, but it's been bothering me to see the killer's name plastered all over here. Don't be mad at me Death Hags, you know I love you guys . . . can we leave the jerk's name out of it though out of respect for John, one of the most amazing musicians in all of history?

I agree with that. How about, we let him out of jail, with NO protection and see how long he lasts? I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. On the other hand, him being locked away forever with no publicity at all is just as good.

madmravyn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy501 View Post
    I agree with that. How about, we let him out of jail, with NO protection and see how long he lasts? I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. On the other hand, him being locked away forever with no publicity at all is just as good.

Even better let him out of jail, right at pub closing time in Liverpool. Mmmmmm, yesss!

Stephen King killed John Lennon.
    http://www.lennonmurdertruth.com/index.asp
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Stephen King killed John Lennon.
    http://www.lennonmurdertruth.com/index.asp
    Is this for real? Or a joke?

Its for real.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

oh my.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Ya know, Itch, after reading through it, I'm wondering if Stephen King ought not to be afraid. Whackjob.

lisalouver Guest
    JHC.

Ted Challinor Guest
    Is the murder of John Lennon the only time a celebrity has been killed by a deranged fan?

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    Is the murder of John Lennon the only time a celebrity has been killed by a deranged fan?
    Actress Rebecca Schaeffer is one.

Selinaaaaaaaaaa
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DEAD HEAD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post

However, MDC shattered a world's dreams and aspirations on December 8 1980. How can he be forgiven for that?
    He can NEVER be forgiven !!! I think about John in the same way I think about lost (family)loved ones and I miss him dearly to this day ... I always take a stroll past the Dakota when in NYC and was there during the last Thanksgiving Holiday ... John Lennon You Are Missed ... RIP !

rickenbacker Guest

Dimebag Darrell. Murdered ON STAGE. Sigh...that one still hurts.

lolly89 Guest
    Hey all, thought this was pretty interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8045528.stm

I plan to check out that new exhibit asap. Sounds really interesting.

kelbons Guest
    We took a day trip to NYC the other day... just sharing a few images...

My Brother told me Yoko is doing an one off gig with the Plastic Ono Band on Sunday night in London. He was hoping to go but has other plans. Sean Lennon is playing with the band. That would be an amazing gig

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    We took a day trip to NYC the other day... just sharing a few images...

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! Did you have a good trip? Did you get chills looking at Strawberry Fields?