Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

TIMB1967 Guest
    Maybe it was Yoko...She might of hid it in the weave.

Hez Guest
    How does somebody do this without being noticed?

Scott!!

GrinReaper Guest
    Even though I'm a Beatles/John Lennon fan this doesn't really matter to me.
    The Beatles are a British band. Not a bunch of American movie stars.
    I mean, it's kind of degrading already to have your name walked on with dirty soles of shoes.
    It's just a sidewalk. So I think the WOF is so overated.

Now I'd be more upset if someone had degraded the Imagine star in Central park.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Did Lucy and Ethel pull this prank again?
    Yes and they're keeping their new prize right next to John Wayne's footprints!

KarmaKat Guest
    If it was stolen I just cant believe no1 saw them do it lol.
    That must have been pretty impressive work.
    And really, Paul is the only Beatle without a star. They should really give him one. Just so he dosent feel left out. Or is it because they believe the crazy rumours an think that he is not the real McCartney but an imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    And really, Paul is the only Beatle without a star. They should really give him one. Just so he dosent feel left out. Or is it because they believe the crazy rumours an think that he is not the real McCartney but an imposter.
    Paul is dead, didn't you know?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Someone actually has to pay a few thous. to have the Star on the Walk.
    They aren't just given.

KarmaKat Guest
    Didnt know you had to pay. Thought it was just done by a voting system. Hmmm you learn something new everyday

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Did Lucy and Ethel pull this prank again?

I'm innocent I tell ya....

Instant Karmas goina git 'em. Knock 'em right off their feet.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

John Connor Guest
    Stolen stars

Four stars have been stolen from the Walk of Fame. Those of James Stewart and Kirk Douglas, which had been removed during a construction project, were stolen from the site on Vine Street. The culprit was a contractor who was later caught with the two stars, damaged and unusable, but not until after they had been replaced. One of Gene Autry's stars was also taken from another construction project. It was later found in Iowa. On November 27, 2005, thieves sawed Gregory Peck's star out of the sidewalk near Gower; the star has been replaced as of September 2006 but the thieves have not been caught.
    Surveillance cameras are being placed in the walk district to catch thieves.
    Nomination process

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Walk of Fame Committee is responsible for selecting a new group of entertainers each year to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. New recipients are announced each June for the following year. In order for a person to get a star on the Walk of Fame, he or she must agree to attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection, and a fee (currently $25,000, up from $15,000) must be paid to the Trust; some of it ($5,000 of $15,000 in December 2003) is set aside for maintenance and repair, with the rest going towards the installation, security, publicity, and staging costs.[9]
    The fee is often paid by sponsors such as film studios and record companies, as part of the publicity for a release with which the honoree is involved. as Johnny Grant pointed out in 2006: "These studios, when they want a star and they've got a picture opening, they'd give you $100,000". On other occasions, the fee is paid by a fan club.

brikdon1956 Guest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The day John Lennon played dead

In a flash of good taste the Daily Mail writes that the photo above "appears to forsee the moment twelve years later when Lennon would be gunned down in New York by crazed fan Mark Chapman."
    It's one of a batch of unseen photos from "The Beatles' Mad Day Out,' the group's last official photo shoot, that surfaced today. Society photographer Tom Murray, who took the shots on July 20th, 1968 in London, says he'd found the originals in an envelope.
    He's selling copies for £325 each or £425 with a frame but experts believe the originals are worth £100,000 each.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Yoko Sells out John for car commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph4r...layer_embedded

You draw your own conclusion if this is tasteful.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph4r...layer_embedded

You draw your own conclusion if this is tasteful.
    Girl's gotta make a living.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shes descended from the Yasuda banking family she knows how to manage money.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

People do that shit all the time anymore. I find it hard to be surprised by it.

Just to let everyone know there is a half hour television special on the death of John Lennon this weekend on VH1.
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

trishsixxm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
    Just to let everyone know there is a half hour television special on the death of John Lennon this weekend on VH1.
    I saw this last night this might be my new fave show. Very creepy I truely hope John didn't suffer because it was pretty graphic what they showed I know it was a reenactment too but wow shot from behind.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    I saw this last night this might be my new fave show. Very creepy I truely hope John didn't suffer because it was pretty graphic what they showed I know it was a reenactment too but wow shot from behind.
    He was conscious and answering questions for the police and medical personnel at the scene including his name and the fact he was aware he had been shot. I would guess unless his spine was severed he felt pain. How much is anyone's guess but he certainly knew he was in big trouble.
    He was shot four times from the rear , 2 in his left lower back and two in his left shoulder as he tried to turn around. He staggered four steps and said "I am shot." Loud enough for the doorman to hear him and look out and hit the alarm for the police. This is fromthe NY Times Archive.
    Not how a man like him should have had to go out.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 04-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.

doyleloyal Guest
    I have so much love for John Lennon. Giant peace sign to you, I would've so gone to his love in. I wouldn't of minded chillin' out with him in bed with my pjs and a guitar. heck yes!!! Remember that movie on vh1 about him and Paul hanging out for one last night? I forgot the name of the stupid thing but when they kissed...awkward turtle is all I got to say to that!

jaylene Guest
    All the music we have missed cause of that bastard
    that took him from us. Also, a great man in my book.
    I got what he was trying to do but seems like most
    didn't. Oh well....we all shine on

Lennons LSD Stash Discovered?

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/...sh-discovered/

There are so many myths surrounding The Beatles, it can sometimes be difficult to work out who or what to believe. More column inches have been devoted to the Fab Four than perhaps any other rock band in history. But how much of it is true? Did Paul McCartney really die in 1966 or was he, in fact, a walrus? It's hard to tell.

But perhaps one of the most fascinating, feverishly-rumoured tales about the band concerns a stash of drugs John Lennon supposedly buried in his garden in 1967. The rock legend is said to have dug a hole for a vast quantity of LSD at Kenwood, in Weybridge, Surrey only to then forget where he'd put them, leaving the illegal bounty hidden underground forever.

It has now emerged that a group of builders working at the estate, where Lennon lived between 1964 and 1968, have made an amazing and potentially decisive discovery while digging up the lawn. They are reported to have found a leather holdall containing several large, broken glass bottles, plus one that has not smashed.

An unofficial Lennon blogger has reportedly spoken to the foreman from the construction company and obtained photos of their findings, which you can SEE HERE. "The bottle that has been discovered intact is the only remaining one, and luckily I will look after that one safely now given the provenance... a leather bag with two clasp handles seems to have been what these items were buried in. The bag has almost completely rotted away," explained the builder.

It remains to be seen if any evidence of LSD can be traced to the hoard but this seems to back speculation that has waged for many years over Lennon's lost drugs and how they were obtained. In the Beatles biography â??The Love You Make', the authors Peter Brown and Steven Gaines recounted how the band supposedly sent a film crew to shoot the Monterey Pop festival in San Francisco in 1967. But the team were actually sent as a smokescreen.

Their real mission was to meet the infamous drug pioneer Owsley Stanley, who is credited with introducing The Beatles and the hippy generation to a new and very controversial narcotic. He gave them a consignment of liquid LSD, which eventually fell into the hands of Lennon, before being buried in the grounds of Kenwood. That's if you believe the myth, of course....

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

There are so many myths surrounding The Beatles, it can sometimes be difficult to work out who or what to believe. More column inches have been devoted to the Fab Four than perhaps any other rock band in history. But how much of it is true? Did Paul McCartney really die in 1966 or was he, in fact, a walrus? It's hard to tell.

But perhaps one of the most fascinating, feverishly-rumoured tales about the band concerns a stash of drugs John Lennon supposedly buried in his garden in 1967. The rock legend is said to have dug a hole for a vast quantity of LSD at Kenwood, in Weybridge, Surrey only to then forget where he'd put them, leaving the illegal bounty hidden underground forever.

It has now emerged that a group of builders working at the estate, where Lennon lived between 1964 and 1968, have made an amazing and potentially decisive discovery while digging up the lawn. They are reported to have found a leather holdall containing several large, broken glass bottles, plus one that has not smashed.

An unofficial Lennon blogger has reportedly spoken to the foreman from the construction company and obtained photos of their findings, which you can SEE HERE. "The bottle that has been discovered intact is the only remaining one, and luckily I will look after that one safely now given the provenance... a leather bag with two clasp handles seems to have been what these items were buried in. The bag has almost completely rotted away," explained the builder.

It remains to be seen if any evidence of LSD can be traced to the hoard but this seems to back speculation that has waged for many years over Lennon's lost drugs and how they were obtained. In the Beatles biography â??The Love You Make', the authors Peter Brown and Steven Gaines recounted how the band supposedly sent a film crew to shoot the Monterey Pop festival in San Francisco in 1967. But the team were actually sent as a smokescreen.

Their real mission was to meet the infamous drug pioneer Owsley Stanley, who is credited with introducing The Beatles and the hippy generation to a new and very controversial narcotic. He gave them a consignment of liquid LSD, which eventually fell into the hands of Lennon, before being buried in the grounds of Kenwood. That's if you believe the myth, of course....
    This fit's right in with the story about the guy who bought John's pychedelic Rolls at auction only to find reel to reel tapes of the Let it Be and Abbey Road album recording sessions under the seat.
    I forgot what he ended up doing with them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbmDVeQ88W4
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

If the liquid LSD was in any of the broken bottles, snails, worms and insects were trippin' for days.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

PurrPurr Guest

Lennon lyrics fetch more than £800,000 at NYC auction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0rG4cqSir

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 2:31 AM on 19th June 2010

John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for Beatles hit A Day In The Life sold for more than £800,000 when they went under the hammer today.

The controversial song was the final track of the band's 1967 album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which spent 27 weeks at the top of the UK charts.
    The lyrics were purchased for £810,273.78 ($1.2 million) by a private American collector, bidding over the phone.

They were expected to fetch around £300,000 at the New York City auction.

Enlarge
    Enlarge

Sold: John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for Beatles hit A Day In The Life fetched more than £800,000 when they went under the hammer

The double-sided sheet of paper features the lyrics - starting with 'I read the news today oh boy' - written in capital letters, along with cross-outs and corrections.

While the words were penned in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, a few annotations are marked on the paper in red ink.
    The lyrics previously belonged to Beatles road manager Mal Evans.

According to Sotheby's, the document provides a 'rare glimpse into the Beatles' songwriting dynamic' with Lennon noting where Paul McCartney - now Sir Paul - would insert his upbeat verses.

John Lennon had a rare gift for taking ideas from the world around him.

Talent: John Lennon had a rare gift for taking ideas from the world around him

When writing A Day in the Life, he took ideas from the January 17th, 1967 copy of the Daily Mail, which he had propped open on the piano in front of him.

HOW THE DAILY MAIL INSPIRED GENIUS

The famous opening lyric to A Day in the Life reveals how John Lennon was inspired by the everyday things around him â?? in this case the January 17, 1967, edition of the Daily Mail.

â??I read the news today, oh boy, about a lucky man who made the gradeâ?? refers to a report, on page three of the paper, about the Guinness heir Tara Browne who had died in a car crash after failing to notice a red traffic light.

The lyric goes on: â??He blew his mind out in a car. He didnâ??t notice that the lights had changed.â??

Lennon, pictured in 1967, said: â??Tara didnâ??t blow his mind out, but it was in my mind when I was writing that verse.â??

The songâ??s final verse also takes its inspiration from the Mail â?? this time a report on â??4,000 holes in the road in Blackburn, Lancashire,â?? which Lennon connected to the Albert Hall in a famous line he later admitted was â??nonsenseâ??.

The opening lyric, 'I read the news today oh boy, about a lucky man who made the grade', refers to a report on page three of the paper, about the Guinness heir Tara Browne who died in a car crash.

Mr Browne, who was a friend of John Lennon's, was a well-known society figure who crashed his Lotus Elan sports car in London in 1966, after failing to notice a red traffic light.
    Lennon later said: 'I didn't copy the accident. Tara didn't blow his mind out, but it was in my mind when I was writing that verse.
    'The details of the accident in the song â?? not noticing traffic lights and a crowd forming at the scene â?? were similarly part of the fiction.'

Beatles experts think that the third verse's reference to a film in which 'The English Army had just won the war' could refer to a comedy film featuring Lennon called 'How I won the war'.

The song's famous, final verse also takes its inspiration from the copy of the Daily Mail.

This time Lennon used the now-discontinued 'Far and Near' column on page seven of the paper which told how 'There are 4,000 holes in the road in Blackburn, Lancashire, or one twenty-sixth of a hole per person.'

Lennon later said he did not know how to connect the lines, 'Now we know how many holes' to 'the Albert Hall' when his friend Terry Doran suggested the word 'fill'.
    The resulting line is, as Lennon later admitted, 'nonsense'.

A Day In The Life was banned by the BBC when it was released because of the line 'I'd love to turn you on' which supposedly encouraged drug use.

The track was also left off the album when it was released in a number of Asian countries.

Cool stuff, thanks.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    I have to say, musically the man was a genius. I have however, always felt sorry for his son Julian and a lack of respect for him as a person in a way...I remember seeing an interview with Julian where he said his father would scream and verbally abuse him and that he also once screamed so loudly in Sean's ear that it nearly broke an ear drum. He once said Julian had "Crawled out of a wine bottle on Friday night" or something to that affect. Not really the way in which a decent man would speak of his son. But musically, the guy was gold, and what a tradgic loss of talent, who knows what music we missed all these years without him. He was absolutely brilliant and gifted.

TheLazenby Guest
    Julian said that? Jesus, it sounds like something out of "The Lives of John Lennon," an infamously fabricated 'biography'. I haven't read it (I refuse to), but apparently it claims all sorts of crazy things like John trying to give Julian drugs, smoking his own pubic hair, trying to set Yoko's hair on fire when she was pregnant, etcetera. The author was already known for fabricating a biography about Elvis, and he essentially did it again.

Honestly, that thing about Sean is almost certainly untrue. John loved Sean obsessively, even photographing him on a daily basis to keep a document of his life. (Sean was the outcome of a long string of failed pregnancies for Yoko, so John became particularly protective.) While I don't argue the possibility of him verbally abusing Julian, as Julian was alive for John's divorce AND heroin addiction, Sean's life began during a much calmer time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
    Julian said that? Jesus, it sounds like something out of "The Lives of John Lennon," an infamously fabricated 'biography'. I haven't read it (I refuse to), but apparently it claims all sorts of crazy things like John trying to give Julian drugs, smoking his own pubic hair, trying to set Yoko's hair on fire when she was pregnant, etcetera. The author was already known for fabricating a biography about Elvis, and he essentially did it again.

Honestly, that thing about Sean is almost certainly untrue. John loved Sean obsessively, even photographing him on a daily basis to keep a document of his life. (Sean was the outcome of a long string of failed pregnancies for Yoko, so John became particularly protective.) While I don't argue the possibility of him verbally abusing Julian, as Julian was alive for John's divorce AND heroin addiction, Sean's life began during a much calmer time.

Julian is pretty bitter and has a very warped view of his dad.
    What Lennon said about Julian and it is VERY WELL DOCUMENTED is that he was born out of a bottle on a Saturday night. The interviewer was too thick to get it so John spelled it out - "We got drunk and screwed, we didn't plan to have a baby. Sean was planned, that's the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    What Lennon said about Julian and it is VERY WELL DOCUMENTED is that he was born out of a bottle on a Saturday night. The interviewer was too thick to get it so John spelled it out - "We got drunk and screwed, we didn't plan to have a baby. Sean was planned, that's the difference"
    That's true. I remember seeing the statement, years ago during one of those expose', documentary whatsists on John Lennon and Julian discussing it in the same film. This was sometime during the late 80's or early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    The day John Lennon played dead

In a flash of good taste the Daily Mail writes that the photo above "appears to forsee the moment twelve years later when Lennon would be gunned down in New York by crazed fan Mark Chapman."
    It's one of a batch of unseen photos from "The Beatles' Mad Day Out,' the group's last official photo shoot, that surfaced today. Society photographer Tom Murray, who took the shots on July 20th, 1968 in London, says he'd found the originals in an envelope.
    He's selling copies for £325 each or £425 with a frame but experts believe the originals are worth £100,000 each.
    WOW, what a photograph.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    I think this is a pretty standard (shameless generalization coming) guy thing. They are totally inept or drunk or screwed up and work obsessive and totally disengaged from their wife and kids then they get married and next time around they are super Dad and Super Husband.
    There are lots of people I personally know who were on both sides of this dynamic 1st and 2nd family members.
    Look at Don Imus and several famous movie stars. They totally trashed and wrecked their original families and then got sober or an attitude adjustment with their second family. Some try to make amends to family number one and some don't. They would rather move on and not look back.
    As my dear friend Cookie said when her husband dumped her during chemo therapy and his 7 year old daughter for a younger woman whom he married and started a family with inside of a year. Within 6 months of the birth of the new baby (a son) he stopped having visitation with his daughter altogether. He was worried it might confuse her and she could move on easier without seeing him. He still sent the checks faithfully.
    As Cookie so famously said. "Women grieve, men replace."
    Not the very best in John but had he lived he might have matured and evolved with his mind-set towards his eldest son.
    He was a brilliant man an artist but he was human and had flaws!
    Regards,
    Mary

U.S. musician and singer Sean Lennon alleges in the new biography "John Lennon: The Life" that his late peace icon dad had a temper.

E! News said John Lennon's only child with Yoko Ono recalls in a forthcoming book by Philip Norman how his former Beatle father became angry when Sean was 4 and couldn't get the hang of using a knife and fork to cut steak.

"I think it was that night when he got very upset with me, I think because of something I did very cheekily with the steak. He did wind up yelling at me very, very loudly to the point where he damaged my ear, and I had to go to the doctor," said Sean Lennon, now 32. "I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, 'I'm so sorry.' He did have a temper."

John Lennon was shot to death in New York in 1980.

E! said neither Ono nor Sean Lennon were available for comment at press time, E! said.
    http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_New...2081222127683/

Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheLazenby Guest
    Now, with the added bit about him holding Sean afterwards, THAT I can see.

Why do they even bother putting Chapman up for parole? He specifically said that if he was released, he'd kill the other Beatles and Yoko...

Desertrose Guest
    Someone would kill Chapman first. Or at least, hurt him alot.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Someone would kill Chapman first. Or at least, hurt him alot.
    I agree... he wouldn't last very long on the outside.

Last edited by cash; 08-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.

majcm Guest

Letter from Lennon arrives 30+ years late

How cool AND shitty at the same time! Shows Lennon was a down to earth guy a lot of times and then whoever the ASS is that stole the letter need to be beaten (although John was anti-violent, lol). This guy could possibly have TALKED to John Lennon when he was a 21 y.o. aspiring singer!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/entertai...icpeoplelennon

44. 08-17-2010, 05:32 PM

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Someone would kill (The shit) first. Or at least, hurt him alot.
    I have quite a bit of money saved up and I'm very careful with how I spend it.
    However, it would be worth every penny to spend to beat that shit within an inch of his life.

[quote=coconn04;1008198]The day John Lennon played dead

wow.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I have quite a bit of money saved up and I'm very careful with how I spend it.
    However, it would be worth every penny to spend to beat that shit within an inch of his life.
    I would feel like pounding Chapman's head into a pulp, but it wouldn't accomplish much except to release anger...hell, rage and grief. It wouldn't bring John back.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Last night I watched The Killing Of John Lennon and totally believed they wanted me to feel sorry for Mark Chapman. He had a hard life, oh my bloody heart bleeds for you! Not really, he's a cold blooded killer and should riot in Jail.
    I am a total film geek and have seen many a controversial movie in my day. This is the only film that I had such a difficult time watching - mainly because just by watching it, I felt like I was giving that piece of shit the time of day. I don't really agree that the movie was sympathetic to him (look on the DVD case and notice the tag line), but I know the director was fascinated by what it was that would compel someone to kill someone they supposedly worshiped at one time. Either ways, MDC is on my short list of people whom I loathe and despise with every fiber of my being - I know, it's totally against what John Lennon stood for and believed in, but it's something I can't help. What makes this scarier for me is the fact that his OTHER obsession was noneother then my rock idol Todd Rundgren. But let's be honest, if he shot Todd Rundgren, MDC would be nothing more than a little footnote in rock history. By killing someone as famous as Lennon, well, here we are talking about him......life isn't fair, I tell you.....

Tornillo Guest
    I've not said his name out loud since Dec 8, 1980.

desertangel Guest
    More memorabilia auctioned off:

A toilet that once belonged to the late John Lennon flushed out more than $14,000 from a bidder at an auction over the weekend.

The blue and white porcelain bowl was once installed at Tittenhurst Park, Lennon's luxury mansion in Berkshire, England, where he lived until moving to New York with Yoko Ono in 1971.

Organizers at the auction in Liverpool, England were stunned by the high price of $14,740 paid by the unnamed lucky winner. The item was only expected to fetch up to $1,500.

Anne-Marie Trace, who works at the Beatles Shop which organized the sale, tells Reuters, "I think it's the most unusual item we've ever had in our auction."

Other lots that went under the hammer included a mono copy of Lennon and Ono's Two Virgins album and a black-and-white photo of Sir Paul McCartney outside his home in Liverpool when he was 21

HA HA! John Lennon's toilet. What some people would do for a piece of memorabilia. *laughs*