Thread: Mom Arrested For Being Daughter's Cyberbully

Mom Arrested For Being Daughter's Cyberbully

A Michigan woman was arrested and charged this week in Isabella County for her role in a catfishing scheme that targeted her own daughter.
    According to the New York Post, Kendra Gail Licari, 42, of Mt. Pleasant was charged on Monday with two counts of stalking a minor, two counts of using a computer to commit a crime, and one count of obstruction of justice.
    Licari’s daughter and her then-boyfriend were being cyberbullied, but they didn’t know it was Licari until they identified her this past Spring
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...020643381.html

Can you imagine being cyberbuilled by an Anonymous person and that person turned out to be your own mom?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    A Michigan woman was arrested and charged this week in Isabella County for her role in a catfishing scheme that targeted her own daughter.
    According to the New York Post, Kendra Gail Licari, 42, of Mt. Pleasant was charged on Monday with two counts of stalking a minor, two counts of using a computer to commit a crime, and one count of obstruction of justice.
    Licari’s daughter and her then-boyfriend were being cyberbullied, but they didn’t know it was Licari until they identified her this past Spring

Can you imagine being cyberbuilled by an Anonymous person and that person turned out to be your own mom?
    Why?
    Just Whyyyy?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I remember a case years ago where they found out it was the 'victim' themselves who was sending the messages to themselves get attention. This is so much worse.

Someone in your own family doing it is disgusting, more so it being her mother because she was probably the first person she went to for comfort when it started happening. She knew what she was putting her daughter and her boyfriend through yet continued to do it for over a year while framing others. She will probably get a slap on the wrist for it but I doubt her daughter will ever fully trust her again.

Cindy, Yeah good question, why, why would her mom do this, unless she wanted her daughter to break up with her boyfriend, unless she thought her daughter would crack under the pressure and break up with her boyfriend due to all the cyber bullying, maybe she didn't like the boyfriend.

Shellc, it shocked me when I read it was her mom, it's sad as you expect that to be the one person to protect you and help you deal with it.

Cindy, Yeah good question, why, why would her mom do this, unless she wanted her daughter to break up with her boyfriend, unless she thought her daughter would crack under the pressure and break up with her boyfriend due to all the cyber bullying, maybe she didn't like the boyfriend.

Shellc, it shocked me when I read it was her mom, it's sad as you expect that to be the one person to protect you and help you deal with it.
    Mom might have been jealous of daughter's popularity, looks, youth, etc., etc. It happens.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well, she won't be winning Mother Of The Year! Kidding aside, after what she put her daughter through I don't think I could ever trust her again. In fact I wouldn't. I wonder if the person she tried to frame can file any kind of charge against her. I hope they can.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Mansfield from what I read it was several of her daughter's classmates she tried to frame so I am sure if enough of them came forward and pressed charges then yeah it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Well, she won't be winning Mother Of The Year! Kidding aside, after what she put her daughter through I don't think I could ever trust her again. In fact I wouldn't. I wonder if the person she tried to frame can file any kind of charge against her. I hope they can.
    Another site I was reading said the obstruction of justice charge is because she attempted to frame a minor for her actions.

What gets me is when law enforcement and the FBI got involved, surely she must have realised her days were numbered. She was smart enough to know to hide her IP address and use VPNs so she should have known that you can still be found out. She wasn't getting away scot free but if she had confessed then, then maybe there would have been lesser charges. As it is, she is looking at up to 10 years for using a computer to commit a crime and 5 years each for stalking a minor and obstruction of justice.

Mansfield from what I read it was several of her daughter's classmates she tried to frame so I am sure if enough of them came forward and pressed charges then yeah it can happen.
    Several! She was going all out. Yeah, I hope they do come forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Another site I was reading said the obstruction of justice charge is because she attempted to frame a minor for her actions.

What gets me is when law enforcement and the FBI got involved, surely she must have realised her days were numbered. She was smart enough to know to hide her IP address and use VPNs so she should have known that you can still be found out. She wasn't getting away scot free but if she had confessed then, then maybe there would have been lesser charges. As it is, she is looking at up to 10 years for using a computer to commit a crime and 5 years each for stalking a minor and obstruction of justice.
    I hope we find out why she was doing this. I can't imagine what the daughter thought after she found out is was her.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.