Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever wonder how you're gonna die? Would you want to know when?

SlippyInvader Guest

Do you ever wonder how you're gonna die? Would you want to know when?

I'm convinced i'm going to die pretty young in a car crash.. I get clear images in my head of myself trapped in a car with the fire brigade trying to rescue me and there's blood all over my face.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I'm convinced i'm going to die pretty young in a car crash.. I get clear images in my head of myself trapped in a car with the fire brigade trying to rescue me and there's blood all over my face.
    Why don't you buy a motorbike?

That way, you don't run a risk of being trapped in the event of an accident (although bikes carry their own set of dangers).

MbalmR Guest
    I suspect I'll die of a stroke. What really terrifies me is that I might SURVIVE the damned thing and linger for years as a vegetable and a burden on the state (I have no children) before I finally depart.

Guest Guest
    I don't know how I'm going to die, but I hope it to be natural causes.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Why don't you buy a motorbike?

That way, you don't run a risk of being trapped in the event of an accident (although bikes carry their own set of dangers).
    God I wouldn't have a clue how to ride a motorbike LOL. I think i'll just give up driving instead.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I suspect I'll die of a stroke. What really terrifies me is that I might SURVIVE the damned thing and linger for years as a vegetable and a burden on the state (I have no children) before I finally depart.
    That's another possible thing I might go with as both my grandmothers had strokes.

malaki Guest
    I've never wondered how I'm going to die, I don't really like to even think about it,andI DON'T want to die, as facinated as I am w/death I'm not ready to die, I'm only 36 and have a 7 yr old, she needs her mom!!!

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by malaki View Post
    I've never wondered how I'm going to die, I don't really like to even think about it,andI DON'T want to die, as facinated as I am w/death I'm not ready to die, I'm only 36 and have a 7 yr old, she needs her mom!!!
    Same here! I'm only 36 with 2 kids ages 14 & 12 so i'm not ready to go yet. I guess it's because I'm terrified of dying I think about it a lot and it's something out of my control.

I hope it's of VERY old age, peacefully, and in my sleep...

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    hmmm...i see a fiery crash, gunshot, or maybe just pulling a ole hank and going out int he backseat of a caddy!

Danny62 Guest
    Going to sleep peacefully and not waking up would work!

But its only going to happen once so I hope its somewhat interesting???

attackatdawn Guest
    I have always had the feeling I will not make it to old age. My husband may have cancer, I know if he does surviving cancer is better than it was a few years ago but I know myself, as I stated in another thread if a spouse goes first the other one will follow sometimes. If something happens to hubby I will not be far behind, I am only 49 but have high blood pressure even though it is control with medication I know the stress of losing him will do me in. We have been married almost 21 years & I cannot imagine my life without him. I know you do not know me personally but please send prayers or good vibes my way. Thank you

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Going to sleep peacefully and not waking up would work!

But its only going to happen once so I hope its somewhat interesting???
    That would be the best way!

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    I have always had the feeling I will not make it to old age. My husband may have cancer, I know if he does surviving cancer is better than it was a few years ago but I know myself, as I stated in another thread if a spouse goes first the other one will follow sometimes. If something happens to hubby I will not be far behind, I am only 49 but have high blood pressure even though it is control with medication I know the stress of losing him will do me in. We have been married almost 21 years & I cannot imagine my life without him. I know you do not know me personally but please send prayers or good vibes my way. Thank you
    Just stay positive and do everything the doctors tell you to do - even if it means changing the way you eat and live.

My friend I did the Tennessee trip with back in July, was diagnosed with throat cancer and just got done with all his radiation and chemo treatments and got a "clear" from his recent MRI - but he still has to get his lymph nodes taken out in his neck where the lump is.

He was a heavy drinker and smoker - which probably brought it all on. He stopped drinking a few years ago after almost dying from liver failure, but hasn't been able to quit smoking!

He has a 30-40% chance of surviving this and a possible chance of the cancer coming back in another form.

Which is why we did the road trip - for "just in case".

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    I know what you mean, my parents are both 60 and my mother isn't in very good health but my father is. He's terrified something bad will happen to her and has said he could never live without her. He's always been looked after by my mother and he can't do the simplest domestic chores so I know he would be lost without her.

I'm sending my prayers and good vibes to you but you're young and i'm sure you'll both live for many more years.xx

don't_axe_me Guest
    I know I'm not ready to.
    About 18 years ago I was working in a bank and an armed robber came in and made us line up, facing the wall. There was truly a point when I thought we were all going to get it then. Strangely enough, an extreme calmness came over me. Weird feeling.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    I know I'm not ready to.
    About 18 years ago I was working in a bank and an armed robber came in and made us line up, facing the wall. There was truly a point when I thought we were all going to get it then. Strangely enough, an extreme calmness came over me. Weird feeling.
    Blimey that must have been so scary!

different kind of girl Guest
    I know I'm not ready to.

wow, that's very scary. I guess if you think it's the end, all you can do really is relax and take it. As for me, I am too scared to even think about it but would hope it's in my old age, peacefully.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I hope it's of VERY old age, peacefully, and in my sleep...
    Ditto.

Slippy...maybe what you're seeing is a past life thing? Pray for a peaceful death. I'm not afraid of death, it's the how it's gonna happen that scares me. I don't want it to hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

21. 10-19-2007, 11:29 AM

bluebear71 Guest
    I don't know how I will die, but I always have had the feeling it will suck.

SEL2323 Guest
    i dont know how i will die but, i guess it doesnt matter how you passed on. you dont remember it do you? i wouldnt want to be hurt bad and live through it - then you have the memories of the event....no thank you to that!

djdeath-hag Guest
    I was born with a myriad of issues, back in the early 60's this was referred to as "multiple congenital birth defects"....which I was have thought was a laugh, since my genitals seem to be just fine...thank you very much!

When I was 31, I was held up at gunpoint (where did that expression come from? the gun was not at all pointy!) like Don'tAxMe, I felt shockingly peaceful during the ordeal....afterwards, I was just angry that they never caught the sonofabitch!

Next Tuesday will be the 10th anniversary of my first "Grand Opening", I was 34 when one of my "birth defects" caught up with me & I had to undergo emergency open heart surgury to replace my failing mitral valve. I was ASSURED by the team of cardiologists (liars, every damn one of 'em!!!) that as soon as I recovered, I'd feel better, stronger & more energetic than ever before. I was also told that the new valve would "last a lifetime".....it lasted 6 months....at which time I had my 2nd grand opening....with a "better brand" valve. (why didn't they give me the Craftsman hardware to begin with?!?!???)

In the recovery process, I developed problems with arrhythmia, neurological depression & severe IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)...and eventually had to go on permanent disability.

My point....and I do have one....how will I die? Its anyone's guess. Since the magical medical mystery tour began, I've been in 2 serious car accidents....if I ever smell another airbag being deployed, it'll be too soon!!!

The men in my family haven't lasted too long for several generations...but with all of the bad shit I've been through (with my twisted sense of humor somewhat still intact) I figure that I'm going to help break that pattern....and die a very old yet very sick & twisted death-hag!

knothere Guest
    i know its not going to be a car accident i did a good one ended up in a lake
    so ill never drive agin
    i wood say ill go to sleep n not wake up

firegilnotguns Guest
    I figured back in December that I would probably die of heart disease or a heart attack or something weight related...I was obese and was starting to get comments from family members about how much I reminded them of my grandmother (who was my height, 5'0, and weighed nearly 400 pounds...though I didn't weigh THAT much I decided I sure didn't want to, either!) I didn't have any high blood pressure or cholesterol issues or anything like that (yet) so I decided I wanted to fend that off as long as possible (or all together!) and start eating healthy and exercising regularly...this year I've gone from the obese BMI range to the overweight BMI range and, as of this week, to the healthy/normal BMI range. So now I hope I just have a long life and die peacefully in my sleep when I'm old! (But not too old, I don't want to be over 100, really - though I'd rather be "too old" than too young!)

auguststar Guest
    For some reason, I am terribly paranoid about getting Deep Vein Thrombosis. I don't know why.

But, as others said, I hope that's not the way I go and I certainly hope I'm not going soon. I have a 4-year-old and a 17-month-old and I want to be here for them as long as I can!

rjbrasher Guest
    I see myself dying in a plane crash or child birth. My mom had a terrible dream when i was in labor with my first child, and ironically i had the same dream the night before as well just didn't say anything to my mom. And im scared to death of flying and sometimes its like something in my head tells me not to fly a certain plane so i let that one go and get the next one.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Congratulations, fire.....I too have recently begun a healthy eating program, along with a lot of walking. keep it up!

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Every time I hear about someone with a dread disease, I just know I am coming down with the symptoms! Shingles, mouth cancer, ringing in the ears....I know I will drop dead of a massive stroke or nasty heart attack some day, maybe in my 60's. I hope it's complete and fast, not like Grandpa John who lived in the fog for so many years after his stroke.
    Last edited by SuburbanDeathHag; 10-25-2007 at 08:07 PM.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Congratulations, fire.....I too have recently begun a healthy eating program, along with a lot of walking. keep it up!
    Thanks! Good for you, too - just adding in a lot more walking (with my healthy eating) really helped me!

MorbidMolly Guest
    I try not to think about it, but for some reason I`ve always felt a " disease " of some sort....hope I`m wrong.....

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I hope it's in my sleep. Don't wanna know about it.

But if I have to be somewhat conscious, I guess I wouldn't mind being in the saddle with a beautiful woman. Not a bad way to go.

onehunglow Guest
    I've come so close so many times. I'm not afraid of going to sleep tonight. Same thing, you just don't wake up. Why worry about what we can't change? Life is too short.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    With my luck, I'll make a last car payment, pay off all I owe, pick up in the living room, clean the kitchen, take a shower, dress, comb my hair, and PLOP on the way to the movies.

cachluv Guest
    I feel as though I'm going to pass by either a stroke or cancer. I smoked cigarettes for 11 years and I still smoke alot of r**fer... My mom has had a bunch of strokes so that's possible.

Ree Guest
    I think it will be a heart attack. Here one minute, gone the next.

cachluv Guest
    "Here one minute, gone the next."

I only hope it goes like that

Carrie Guest

Thumbs up

Easy, lung cancer...smoke 'em if you got 'em

RubySlippers Guest
    Call me selfish, but I don't know, nor do I care. I will go when I go and be gone when I'm gone. Again, it is the living that has the real job....

i have said plane crash. my father had a career in aviation lined up for me,which i f*ked up.the building i work in is diagonally under the glide path of a major airport. but,a childhood friend is sending a company plane to pick me up next sat. to go to a football game. if you don't hear from me next sunday,well don't mourn,keep posting.

onehunglow Guest
    I Just hope is is a Sunday night so I don't have to get up Monday.

FoxMulder Guest
    I often think more about my own funeral then the actual death. Like who will show up and what song they will play in honor of me. And how people would react to my corpse laid out in front of 'em. Like, just picturing the look on people's faces when they realize I'm not here anymore. How they really felt about me.

I actually don't really care about living or dying. (No, I'm not suicidal. ) I've come close to dying before. I'm just grown to accept that we don't have much time on this earth and we will all die eventually. I guess I may sound like an emo idiot.

To know if you're afraid is to stare death in the face and get scared of dying, then you know your survival skills are still intact.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    A Dutch Oven accident...I eat a lot of cabbage and boiled eggs that I wash down
    with Ole Milwaukee

beautygirlsmom Guest
    I'm going to drown in a swimming pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    i have said plane crash. my father had a career in aviation lined up for me,which i f*ked up.the building i work in is diagonally under the glide path of a major airport. but,a childhood friend is sending a company plane to pick me up next sat. to go to a football game. if you don't hear from me next sunday,well don't mourn,keep posting.
    evertone can breathe again,i made it back.

I regularly think about it..........would like to die peacefully in my sleep

Morrissey Guest
    Suicide.

I've known that would be it since I was 12.

I actually might die before I end up offing myself -- my health problems are supremely bad.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    During some really great sex.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    evertone can breathe again,i made it back.
    I'm glad that you made it back.....hope that the weekend was fun!

I want to die instantly. I don't care how...car accident, bullet in head, electrocution or aneurysm in brain as long as it's INSTANT and I don't feel anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~