Thread: Prisoner, Cell Block H

Prisoner, Cell Block H

Remember this show? I loved Bea!

"He used to bring me roses....I wish he would again....."

Is that still talked about down under, my Aussie brothers and sisters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

SlippyInvader Guest
    I loved that show! I loved Bea too, she was the queen bee!

Jazbabee Guest
    I used to never miss an episode....may have to check out if its available on DVD

monhol Guest
    oh my god i remember that show. with bea. she was tough she ran the jail. frankie, she wanted to run the show but bea was not having it. bea killed the man who gave her daughter drugs which caused her to OD. frankie robbed a man and killed him. i remember the guard jim fletcher and they hated him and someone sent a bomb to his house and killed his kids. i believe the whole family except him.

Kathyf Guest
    My God I forgot about that til you mentioned it. I never missed that how it was a riot. Wasn't one of them called Halter top?

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    I always watched that. Most of the cast ended up in Neighbours and Home and Away...lol.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Mate, this was what I grew up on! I felt really special on Tuesday and Thursday nights because Mum would let me stay up to watch from 8.30pm till 9.30pm then we would switch to channel 9 to watch Don Lane. LOL The characters that stick in my mind were the corrupt corrections officers, Vera "Vinegar Tits" and "The Freak" She was played by Maggie Kirkpatrick who is one of my fave actors and in no way at all like her horrid character on "Prisoner" as it was called here in Australia. Too Cool.

cherryghost Guest
    Yes about to say it was called "Prisioner" here! It was unmissable tele and must have kept every Australian actress employed at one time or another. It occassionally is advertised on TV as a DVD package! Id love to see it again! Those sets were incredible!

Auntie Vi Guest
    Gosh, thought I was the only one who remembered this show

It was filmed in and around the corridors of channel 10 to keep the costs down. We are going waaaaay back here.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I haven't thought about that show in ages. I used to watch it all the time too.

PvN73 Guest
    You can never look at an ironing press the same way.