Thread: Sean Parlaman - Con Man, Pedophile, Suicide?

hoxharding Guest

Sean Parlaman - Con Man, Pedophile, Suicide?

Sean Parlaman

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Griffith Simmons Parlaman III (30 October 1958 ?? 23 November 2002), who variously preferred to be called ??Sean Parlaman?, ??Sean Simmons?, and ??Buzz Parlaman?, was a con man and paedophile who used the Internet to build a web of spurious credentials which he used to attach himself both to celebrities and to those seeking to combat the prostitution of children. Parlaman was born in Los Angeles County, California, to Griffith Mead Parlaman (20 April 1923 ?? 22 October 1991) and Doris V. Simmons Parlaman (22 November 1923 ?? 11 February 2007); he fell to his death in Jomtien, Pattaya, Thailand.
    Parlaman created sites on the World Wide Web which appeared to represent substantial institutions and projects, but these institutions and projects had little if any presence outside of the Internet; he would additionally register claims about himself with the more receptive sites of the World Wide Web, then use their reports of these claims to persuade somewhat less receptive sites to report such claims. Eventually, fairly many sites confidently repeated claims about Parlaman's alleged accomplishments in a variety of fields, including acting, cinematic direction, screenwriting, website design, and child protection advocacy. Parlaman also posted vociferously to Usenet, to the same effect.
    Parlaman repeatedly sought reasons to associate himself with prepubescent boys, as a martial arts instructor and child-sports booster in the United States, and as a language instructor and martial arts instructor in Thailand. He additionally tried to attach himself, by way of fandom, to child stars Elijah Wood, Nick Stahl, and Billy Gilman, losing interest in the first two as they approached adulthood. (Gilman was still just twelve years old at the time of Parlaman's death.)
    Parlaman's fraud enjoyed a certain level of success. He was able to secure government grants, to become a member of the Oregon steering committee of the 2000 Green Party Presidential campaign of Ralph Nader, and to get permission from Stephen King to make Stud City, a short, independent sequel to Stand by Me. However, Parlaman lacked real talent, and had little experience in these areas; further, his attempts to aggrandize himself as a child protection advocate had brought him into conflict both with genuine activists and with sexual tourists; members of each of these groups repeatedly exposed his misrepresentations. All of Parlaman's potentially genuine projects (including production of the short sequel to Stand by Me) dissolved or crumbled.
    Parlaman retreated to Thailand. There, on 30 September 2002, he was charged with molesting a 12 year-old boy, but released on bail; earlier complaints of assaulting children were soon brought to light. Parlaman protested that these charges were fabricated in response to his efforts to defend children against exploitation. On 23 November, Parlaman was to accompany police officers to their station for further questioning. Instead, he jumped or was thrown to the street from his fifteenth floor condominium.

Here is a link with more information:
    http://www.vachss.com/updates/duin-meeting.html

Lisamarie Guest
    better off without the scumbag!!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    better off without the scumbag!!
    I'll drink to that

Boo hoo. I am certain the world won't be mourning THAT loss!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

hoxharding Guest
    What is scary is how many people he tricked and how far he got before his death!

joelsmith Guest
    I knew "Sean" better than many people. I met him when I was 12, and knew him all through high school. Obviously, I cannot attest to him being a "pedophile" vis a vis others, (isn't it easy to accuse the dead?) but even as a 12-year-old, even in retrospect, he never showed a scintilla of sexuality toward me nor any other kids I knew at the time. To be honest, his death was more than a decade ago from this post, and I still miss him dearly. I cannot imagine how great this world would be were there more Sean Parlamans.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    The world would be an even crappier place if we had a bunch of guys running around lying about their qualities and credentials to get close to prepubescent boys. I am, however, sorry for the death of someone you considered a friend. I'm sure we'd all love to get your perspective on the late Mr. Parlaman.

joelsmith Guest
    Another young American, Sean Parlaman, who “fell” from a high-rise window in Pattaya, Thailand, in 2002, was the leading anti-pedophile activist of his generation. Like Swartz, he was falsely accused by his foes, in his case with the preposterous charge of engaging in sex with an underage police informer he had met in a jail cell. Soon thereafter, the notoriously corrupt Pattaya police came to serve him with an arrest warrant, and it was they who reported that he had "leapt" out a window to his death.

http://ifers.123.st/t66p75-worldwide...hilia-and-rape
    Last edited by joelsmith; 06-10-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Closed minded-ness

It doesn't matter if sex was his "primary agenda" or not. If he did it with kids, he was wrong.

And I disagree that giving a scooter away to an "underprivileged youth" and talking to your mom for hours is somehow inconsistent with (I'm guessing you meant pedophilia). A lot of diddlers prey on the underprivileged youth and give them gifts. Also, it's ridiculous to say he wasn't into kids because he "didn't try anything" with you on the way home from a football game. Look at all the young men Jeffrey Dahmer didn't kill and eat, doesn't mean he wasn't a cannibalistic murderer. And seriously, I don't have to talk about why a pedophile might move to Thailand, do I? Seriously?

Look, I don't know if your pal was a molester or not. He never molested me. But when you've been charged with sexually assaulting a 12-year-old, and then would rather jump to your death than face the police to talk about more possible victims, oh come on. And as far as the "online trial" he's facing, well see, he was facing a real one and was going to get it, but he decided to off himself instead. So this is best he's gonna get, and that part is his fault.

And no, the world does not need more unproductive, misrepresenting (at best), delusional men who "like to associate themselves with pre-pubescent boys." Just... just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Well said, John. I feel like a man who was truly innocent would face a trial rather than leap to his death. Also, just because a man gives gifts to underpriveleged youth doesn't mean he isn't a pedophile...Quite the opposite actually. Jerry Sandusky anyone?

radiojane Guest
    ...or Graham James He was nearly cannonized for "mentoring and shaping" young boys as a hockey coach. Until a bunch of NHL players came forward and blew the whistle on him for sexual abuse.

joelsmith Guest
    Last edited by joelsmith; 06-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Then why come here at all? Surely you realize that the nature of the allegations against him puts him into the category of the least favorite type of people. Just because he never molested you doesn't mean he never molested anyone and how do we know you even know this guy and aren't here just wanting to argue? Insulting people who have a different opinion than you will get you nowhere, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Oink,Oink
    Last edited by Mammy; 04-09-2012 at 03:23 PM.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Like your post, Mammy. We're all happy pigs here, Joel. No room for a rat.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks, Bettie. It doesn't bother me at all if someone has a different opinion than I do if they are respectful about it. I'm too old for playground insults, even if I wasn't who he was talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsmith View Post
    I knew "Sean" better than many people. I met him when I was 12, and knew him all through high school. Obviously, I cannot attest to him being a "pedophile" vis a vis others, (isn't it easy to accuse the dead?) but even as a 12-year-old, even in retrospect, he never showed a scintilla of sexuality toward me nor any other kids I knew at the time. To be honest, his death was more than a decade ago from this post, and I still miss him dearly. I cannot imagine how great this world would be were there more Sean Parlamans.
    Not to jump on the bashing bandwagon here, but you do realize this guy was accused of molesting a child when he was ALIVE, right? I could see if people were jumping to conclusions and pulling accusations out of thin air, but no one here is. Like it or not, innocent people rarely fling themselves out of a window when accused of something like pedophilia.

I am sorry you lost your friend, but the way you described him in your other post is, to put it mildly, weird as all hell. I'm sure you found your friend to be as nice as nice can be, but as someone who had the displeasure of working with pedophiles for years on end, I can attest that most of them are. It doesn't bode well to be a big ol' meanie if your game is to lure young kids into your web.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

joelsmith Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Then why come here at all?

Oink,Oink
    Very good question. I suppose I have a soft spot for my dead friends. If I were in the same position, I would want them to defend me in the same manner.

joelsmith Guest
    One American anti-pedophile activist named Sean Parlaman investigated the smuggling of children
    from the Thai-Burmese border into Thailand and beyond for purposes of prostitution. In 1997,
    Parlaman wrote, “At an age when we would regard them as still being children, over a thousand
    young girls from northern Thailand are being lured every year into prostitution. Girls, as young as
    10, are being sold to the brothels of Bangkok, other Thai cities and overseas.” The young girls
    would be spirited out of Thailand to places like Saipan in the US territory of the Northern
    Marianas, where they would be used as child laborers and prostitutes. Joining the children from
    the Thai-Burmese border were young underage Vietnamese girls spirited from Vietnam through
    Cambodia for further transport to Saipan.

The child sex slave and slave labor status quo in Saipan was pushed by such Republicans as Tom
    DeLay, Ralph Hall, then-Representative Bob Riley of Alabama, and James Doolittle. The reason for
    Saipan becoming the ‘Guantanamo Bay of child slavery and prostitution’ was simple — the island’s
    sweat shops and corrupt government had a powerful GOP lobbyist working for them, Jack
    Abramoff.

Parlaman’s crusade against pedophiles and their enablers eventually landed him in hot water with
    his enemies. –On September 30, 2002, Parlaman was accused by Thai police of sexually molesting a
    12-year old boy who was staying at one of the dodgy street kids’ organizations that Parlaman felt
    were part of the problem, not the solution. No reputable person familiar with Parlaman’s work and
    dedication believed the story about his being a molester, including the reporters and editors of the
    Pattaya Mail newspaper.

When police arrived at Parlaman’s Star Beach Condominium on November 23, 2002, to take him to
    the police station for further questioning, Parlaman, meeting them in the lobby, told the police he
    had to go upstairs to give his car and condo keys to a friend for safekeeping. Police later claimed
    that Parlaman jumped from his 15th floor condo unit to his death.

Police quickly ceased their investigation of Parlaman for the alleged child abuse. Parlaman’s body
    was transported to the police forensics institute in Bangkok where it was autopsied and then
    cremated. The US embassy never intervened in the highly improper procedure for a US citizen who
    died from suspicious causes.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...-silence/page2
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-11-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Gee I guess my molester wasn't a pedophile, because he gave me gifts, He had money, my family didn't and he didn't molest some of the children that came over to play with his daughter...I think Joel, who may or may not know Sean, needs to go back and read how molesters groom children and which ones they choose to molest, there are certain aspects that they look for in a child, most cases would be children who have an unstable, unhappy home life. NOTE that I said SOME, Not ALL. Just because Sean, didn't try anything with you Joel, doesn't mean he isn't one, When I was little, my grandma had a neighbor, an older guy that on every halloween he would have a soda and popcorn machine and kids would go over and get popcorn and soda I would even go into his house alone, because he was taking care of my cat when we moved to a place that didn't allow cats, it came out years and years ago that he was arrested on charges of child sexual abuse, he never did anything to me, but he did it to some other girls that lived in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Gee I guess my molester wasn't a pedophile, because he gave me gifts, He had money, my family didn't and he didn't molest some of the children that came over to play with his daughter...I think Joel, who may or may not know Sean, needs to go back and read how molesters groom children and which ones they choose to molest, there are certain aspects that they look for in a child, most cases would be children who have an unstable, unhappy home life. NOTE that I said SOME, Not ALL. Just because Sean, didn't try anything with you Joel, doesn't mean he isn't one, When I was little, my grandma had a neighbor, an older guy that on every halloween he would have a soda and popcorn machine and kids would go over and get popcorn and soda I would even go into his house alone, because he was taking care of my cat when we moved to a place that didn't allow cats, it came out years and years ago that he was arrested on charges of child sexual abuse, he never did anything to me, but he did it to some other girls that lived in the neighborhood.
    I agree with everything you just said, PK. Mine did NOT buy me gifts, but he DID groom me. Started when I was a toddler. He lived with my beloved grandmother, and in order to see her, I'd have to...."put out" at some point during the visit. However, the difference in my case is my cousin DID molest others. I'm almost certain he molested my oldest niece. I'm not sure who else he molested, my oldest niece and I banded together to protect her younger sister. I hope we were successful, but unless she talks we will never know. He got his comeuppance six years ago when he was in a horrific car accident. He's now functioning at the level of a six-year-old and I can honestly say, "IDGAF."

I'm still healing, still recovering memories. I have depression, anxiety, Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and dissociative identity disorder as a result of the years of abuse I survived. It stopped when I was ten-and-a-half and got my period. He knew if I got pregnant, there would be questions and I would eventually break down and tell. So he stopped. But my oldest niece was five at that time, and that is more than likely when he turned to her.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Thank you Ria, I have all of what you have, mine also would give me lemon drops I adored them,and mess with me while I was eating them and to this day I cannot stand the smell of lemons, lemon drops, and anything with lemon scent, it triggers me. I am glad that Sean is no longer on this world. I believe the did kill himself, I mean yeah he said he had to go get his keys and something else and then walked up and jumped to his death, he took the cowards way out so he wouldn't have to face charges and spend life in prison or however long he would have gotten.

I agree. In that instance, suicide is the coward's way out. He deserved to go to prison and take everything that the prisoners dished out to him. Ariel Castro did the same thing. He was the man in Ohio who kidnapped those three girls and raped them. He did a month or so in prison and hung himself. Naw, these fuckers need to take what's comin' to 'em.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I remember Ariel Castro, I agree he did deserve to go to prison.

joelsmith Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Gee I guess my molester wasn't a pedophile, because he gave me gifts, He had money...
    Lol you clearly have reading comprehension issues. You're right -- I considered him my friend because he had so little cash.

joelsmith Guest
    I am sincerely sorry for that. One thing I find comfort about living in Texas is that you can probably kill those types of people and get "jury nullification" from your peers.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsmith View Post
    Lol you clearly have reading comprehension issues. You're right -- I considered him my friend because he had so little cash.
    I actually was reading at the age of two and tested out of all reading groups in grade school, by the time I was in fifth grade I was reading books like War and Peace, Scarlett Letter, and To Kill A Mocking Bird as well as Homer, and Shakespeare, to name a few. no need to be rude, I don't care if a person has money or not, if they are a pedo then they deserve to go to prison and in his case die.Oh and btw you need to combine your posts, you have to wait thirty minutes in between posts, you are in violation of one of the rules, but a mod will tell you that.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 06-21-2017 at 04:59 PM.

27. 06-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Ok, let's just say Mr Parlaman went to Thailand to help expose the child sex slave/labor racket going on, and was about to expose people who didn't want to get caught, so the best thing to resolve that is to have Parlaman charged with child molestation. It's certainly plausible, and don't think for a minute it hasn't happened before! There's just one tiny problem with all that... Mr Parlaman didn't have clean hands. There's irrefutable evidence he was a con-artist and a fraud, he misrepresented himself repeatedly, rendering his motives for anything else he was trying to accomplish unbelievable. I was also molested by a teacher twice when I was 16, I harbored murderous intent for many years (even shot at his home) until I sought counseling many years and alcohol bottles later. I know how these predators can disguise themselves as charming, very attentive and the best people in the world. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not in prison for what I wanted to do to this sorry scumbag.

joelsmith, I have no way of knowing whether your friend was or wasn't a pedophile, but there are a few of us here that are actual survivors, and recognize the ruses that predators use to get near their victims, and from where we sit, Mr Parlaman used several of them to do just that, giving one suspicion that his intentions were less than honorable. Impossible to defend him.

And for the rest of you folks, it's just my opinion, but a dead pedophile to me is just as good as one that's alive and in prison. At least if they're dead, I know for certain they will never harm another child. I worry to this day that Jerry Sandusky will be released on some "technicality", can't have him back in society. I pray that he get's shanked, but I would still be happy if he just keeled over dead from natural causes.
    Last edited by Dangitbawb; 06-22-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!