Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Little Darlings"

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I love this movie! Thanks for this thread, Aries.

They've got to put it on DVD. This would be perfect in the rainy day lineup of good old teen movies.

Endless love isn't out on DVD either, is it? I seem to remember looking for it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Endless love isn't out on DVD either, is it? I seem to remember looking for it all over.
    I got Endless Love on DVD - but it's one of those bootleg ones. The video to the movie is worth A LOT of money because it's not out on DVD.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I have a couple of those bootleg DVDs and they pretty much suck.

I wonder if I could find it on a pirate site to download? Hmmmm. Not that I would that since it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Who's the second from the right on the top? The b*t**y one? I can't remember her name for the life of me.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0259799/

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I have a couple of those bootleg DVDs and they pretty much suck.

I wonder if I could find it on a pirate site to download? Hmmmm. Not that I would that since it's illegal.
    The ones I have aren't too bad. You can tell they were burned from the video tho.

Another bootleg I have is "Resurrection" starting Ellen Burstyn - who stars as a woman who almost dies in a car wreck, but wakes up in the hospital and is able to heal people by laying her hands on them.

Such an excellent movie and not out on DVD yet. That VHS is pretty pricey, but I got a bootleg DVD and it's pretty decent quality.

John Connor Guest
    Speaking of Tatum I think The Bad News Bears, Paper Moon and International Velvet are available on DVD. She still stands as the youngest person to ever win an Oscar. She says no one went with her to the awards the night she won and her father was jealous.

Last edited by John Connor; 11-27-2008 at 01:03 AM.

7. 11-27-2008, 02:00 AM

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siameseman View Post
    I have always liked Tatum. She has done some really great movies and is a very underrated actress in my opinion.
    I read her autobiography a few years ago and she sure did not have a very nice childhood. I'm actually amazed she is still alive after some of the things she had to go through.
    Hopefully she is doing alright these days.
    She's buying crack off cops these days. She was a good child actor but as an adult I'd say she is mediocre at best. I do like her too though.

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    Speaking of Tatum I think The Bad News Bears, Paper Moon and International Velvet are available on DVD. She still stands as the youngest person to ever win an Oscar. She says no one went with her to the awards the night she won and her father was jealous.
    Let's not forget her movie, "A Certain Fury" as her and Irene Cara go on the run from the cops after being accused of killing one. Irene Cara had a nude scene in that one.

bunny Guest
    I have to say I have only seen L Darlings once...and what I remember it was a pretty good movie for kids

Katrinawitch Guest
    That's just one of the reasons I love the FAD boards... they bring back such great memories!

"Little Darlings" was the bomb back in the day! I was the same age as a lot of the actresses, and I always felt like we grew up together. Although I was always bummed that I never got to go to summer camp (except band camp... geek that I was!).

This movie also starred a very young, very cute Matt Dillon as Kristy's love interest. I'm sad it never came out on DVD, because I'd love to watch it with my daughters.

Bump - for those reading the Kristy McNichol thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    Who's that in the middle of the back row? I tought that was Alexa Kenin. Is she someone else who went on to be famous, because she looks really familiar.

Here's Alexa Kenin. Are we sure she is the one next to Tatum? Either way I hope they do release this on DVD because I haven't seen it forever and would love to see it again now that I'm older.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ewt6tm6c5kom5cot.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	40963
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 01-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Who's that in the middle of the back row? I tought that was Alexa Kenin. Is she someone else who went on to be famous, because she looks really familiar.

Here's Alexa Kenin. Are we sure she is the one next to Tatum? Either way I hope they do release this on DVD because I haven't seen it forever and would love to see it again now that I'm older.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ewt6tm6c5kom5cot.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	40963
    That is her and she's dead. She has her own thread in the Actors section.

Oh yeah, I knew she was dead. I just wanted to clarify if that was her, because earlier in the thread someone said Alexa was the girl sitting next to Tatum in the picture. I really wish they could figure out how she did die.

"Little Darlings" will be broadcast uncut with no commercials on Saturday, Jan. 7 at 2:00 a.m. on Turner Classic Movie channel.

Get those DVD recorders ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludigan View Post
    "Little Darlings" will be broadcast uncut with no commercials on Saturday, Jan. 7 at 2:00 a.m. on Turner Classic Movie channel.

Get those DVD recorders ready!
    Hopefully it's the theatrical version with the original music. They have two versions of the movie out on VHS right now - the movie in the blue box has the original soundtrack, while the VHS in the red box has different songs on it - due to publishing rights.

I've already got mine on a DVD-R, since I burned it off of a VHS I had taped when it showed on HBO a few years back.

I'm still hoping for a legitimate DVD release with the original songs, and deleted scenes.

bump

lisalouver Guest
    Aries, Im lazy, so thanks for the bump..

Has it ever been released on DVD?

No DVD release yet. Just bootlegs on eBay.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    No DVD release yet. Just bootlegs on eBay.
    Damn. Thank you