Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Karyn Kupcinet

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    Or what.

Little man with small man syndrome.

I think you're right.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

growl Guest
    So how little is he????

IMDb.com lists his height as 5'8"

I'd bet it' closer to 5'6"

growl Guest
    That explains it

candleinthewind Guest
    So, is the JFK connection a red herring or is there something to it?

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Let's put it this way. Of the 103 people linked someway to JFK the odds are that some of them were killed for what they knew. I believe that. But I doubt we will ever know the truth.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    I still think Andrew Prine did it. I saw him interviewed on the Western Channel recently and he just has that look of a guy that got away with murder.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post

I don't think that KARYN'S murder had any connection to the assassination of JFK; her family didn't think there was any connection either.

TIMB1967 Guest
    This is an interesting story that I had never heard. Many thanks, Kelt for bring it to light and for all the wonderful pictures.

growl Guest
    That was interesting-this guy uses and odd pronounciation of Kupcinet!

Wow..thank you all for the commentary on this case. I, too, have become fascinated by KK's untimely death. I highly doubt that this will ever be solved, but the speculation is very interesting. Since Andrew Prine was her love interest at the time of her death and the fact that Karyn was very needy, may be a motive for getting rid of her. I always thought that Irv was referring to him as the killer when he said "we pretty much know who it was, but we didn't have enough evidence to prosecute." I had no idea that David Lange was involved in this to the degree that he was.

I also have to say that I followed the link to Kari Kupcinet's (Karyn's niece) store called G Boutique in Chicago. She's got some awesome erotic toys and I'd love a chance to see her store one day. I'm originally from Chicago, and I miss it so much.

I also had wanted to say that the discharge found in her vagina could have been due to changes that occur right before ovulation, however a PP brought up a good notion that it might have been medication.

Thank you all so much on your prospectives on this case. Truly sad, yet fascinating.

I e mailed with KARI a few times; Unlike her grandparents, she doesn't think it was PRINE who murdered her aunt. She has (even) met him and talked.

IRV KUPCINET used his connections to do a lot of damage to PRINE'S career following KARYN'S murder.

Jigsaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I e mailed with KARI a few times; Unlike her grandparents, she doesn't think it was PRINE who murdered her aunt. She has (even) met him and talked.

IRV KUPCINET used his connections to do a lot of damage to PRINE'S career following KARYN'S murder.

I read somewhere that it was Essee, who called up every woman she knew in LA and spread rumors about him. Around this time he came to someone's dinner party and when he walked in a well-dressed elderly woman took a look at him and said, "You murderer! Don't you come near me or I'll hit you with this plate"! While he was never at a loss for female companionship, he said he stopped socializing and called it "the coward's way out."

I wanted to add tonight that 12:30 am PT is the 47th anniversary of Karyn's death. Also, if you go to my new blog, you can see her in a scene from Jerry Lewis' Ladies Man. You will see how beautiful she was when she wasn't starving herself.

whatpricefame.blogspot.com

Thank you for missing me. I am truly touched.

jigsaw

KARYN went so far as to send 'Death Threats' to the couple in order to try to keep PRINE in her life. The threats were done in a cut letters from magazines formatting. The fact that she was the culprit was not discovered until after her death by using her fingerprints.

Paste up Death Threat to Karyn Kupcinet

KingArthurUp Guest
    Funny how that happens

"Show me a young man that is a conservative and I will show you a man with no heart... show me an old man that is a liberal and I will show you a man with no brain."

Yes, churchill said it... (actually copied it from another, but is applicable)

Jigsaw Guest

Autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Wow..thank you all for the commentary on this case. I, too, have become fascinated by KK's untimely death. I highly doubt that this will ever be solved, but the speculation is very interesting. I wanted to say that the discharge found in her vagina could have been due to changes that occur right before ovulation, however a PP brought up a good notion that it might have been medication.
    I have a question about her autopsy. I remember there was someone on this forum who worked for a coroner. The autopsy states that Karyn Kupcinet was 5'6. Actually, she was 5'1. The coroner was a crazy person who diagnosed strangulation as cause of death. 2 women were exhumed and discovered the coroner lied. Neither woman had been strangled. This was after he worked on Karyn. As she was decomposed, could her body swell enough to add 5 inches to her height?

Sorry to have to ask that question.

The Kupcinets hated Andrew Prine. The LA sheriff's office believe he's the killer. Some people feel she died from an overdose or committed suicide. Her house was ransacked-looking. But the only thing missing was 100 Desoxyn (methamphetamine). The empty bottle was found in the bathroom. She had filled it 2 days earlier. Where did they go?

I have thought of another theory.

I think a Chicago mobster sent a hit man to murder her so Chicago would be shocked by her death -- she was so famous there -- and forget Ruby and his connections to the Chicago mob. Then they kidnapped Frank Sinatra Jr, to give his father some trouble because he was the one who had worked so hard to get Kennedy elected in the first place.

jigsaw

lisalouver Guest
    Jigsaw!

I'm back. It was me that works as a death investigator.

No, a body can not swell from decomp as to add height, and even if it would, that would have been taken into considration.

My guess is someone flubbed the autopsy completly and not just on Karyn's height.

She kind of looks like Jackie Kennedy in this picture. She was very pretty. So sad she died the way she did.

OMyStarz Guest
    Source: Milwaukee Sentinel 12/03/1963

OMyStarz Guest

OMyStarz Guest
    Source: Reading Eagle 02/20/1963

Just thought this was cool.

deanfan Guest
    I was thinking of her not long ago, so had to check this thread out. I wish we knew who they thought did it. I also wish the case would be re opened. She did not deserve what happened to her. Andrew Prine and Brenda Scott married and divorced three times. They both co-stared in a tv show called "The Road West" playing brother and sister. She is the woman with him in the nude picture. Was not aware of Hope Lange's brother being a suspect. I have learned a lot more info from this thread. There should be police photos from the scene that would answer the question of her exact position on the couch. I wonder if this has a snowball's chance in hell of ever being solved. This case reminds me of Clue.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I still think Prine did it!
    Regards,
    Mary

Bazzal Guest
    When the police questioned David Lange, he told them he couldn't have done it, because he was out on a date with Natalie Wood at the time.

I'm going to use that alibi myself if the police ever question me about a crime.

somebody else Guest

some minor postulates

So when K.K. went to dinner the previous evening, she didn't eat - maybe her hyoid was ruptured before, possibly during sex where for some unknown reason some guys grab womens necks. maybe she was let herself into ruff sex. maybe she took pills over a period of time since her throat was sore. maybe she threatened to tell about her partners misbehaviour and it culminated.<br>
    so what about the baby on the doorstep story, who's child was it, to single her out as a care-provider, what happened to the baby. would she have turned it over to an orphanage or infirmary. was a baby deal involved, was a lover of hers the father. ??

aLiLdirt Guest
    All valid points, somebody else.
    Food for thought, definitely...

Quote Originally Posted by somebody else View Post
    So when K.K. went to dinner the previous evening, she didn't eat - maybe her hyoid was ruptured before, possibly during sex where for some unknown reason some guys grab womens necks. maybe she was let herself into ruff sex. maybe she took pills over a period of time since her throat was sore. maybe she threatened to tell about her partners misbehaviour and it culminated.<br>
    so what about the baby on the doorstep story, who's child was it, to single her out as a care-provider, what happened to the baby. would she have turned it over to an orphanage or infirmary. was a baby deal involved, was a lover of hers the father. ??
    I thought that when the hyoid was ruptured you died right then.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cher Roo Guest
    Hi everyone this is my first ever post. What a fascinating story. I had never heard of her before. It has all the intrigue you could want, beautiful girl, several suspects, glamour, conspiracy theories etc. Thanks so much for sharing. Am going to google the main players and learn more but right now i think the ex boyfriend for the win. Cher

strange that there is no book on this case.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher Roo View Post
    Hi everyone this is my first ever post. What a fascinating story. I had never heard of her before. It has all the intrigue you could want, beautiful girl, several suspects, glamour, conspiracy theories etc. Thanks so much for sharing. Am going to google the main players and learn more but right now i think the ex boyfriend for the win. Cher
    Hi Cher - Welcome aboard!! You will find this site friendly and addictive.

Can you blame him? Even if Prine wasn't involved at all in his daughter's murder, dude treated her like a piece of trash towards the end. He deserved what he got--if not more (I happen to believe he was involved, to some extent).

Anyhow, she was beautiful girl. A shame her life and career were cut so short. I doubt she would have gone beyond being a TV character actor/familiar face, a la a Madlyn Rhue or Lois Nettleson, if she'd lived, but still.

I actually drove past her death site earlier this year, kinda by accident. I got very excited; my girlfriend sitting next to me didn't get it, even after I tried to explain it to her. Such is the life of a death hag.
    Last edited by theladyinquestion; 06-06-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Cher Roo Guest
    Thanks for the welcome Billy.

34. 09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
    Reason
    small towns make me nervous

I have the True Hollywood Story that they did on her a few years ago. Really interesting story about who might have killed her, Andy Prine ,a supposed Kennedy connection. James Ellroy talks about it in one of his books, but it's a short piece. Strange no one has written a full account of her life or even turned it into a film like they did with Hollywoodland about the death of George Reeves. There is a lot going on in this story.

36. 05-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Stu Pidasso Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have the True Hollywood Story that they did on her a few years ago. Really interesting story about who might have killed her, Andy Prine ,a supposed Kennedy connection. James Ellroy talks about it in one of his books, but it's a short piece. Strange no one has written a full account of her life or even turned it into a film like they did with Hollywoodland about the death of George Reeves. There is a lot going on in this story.
    Actually, there seems to be very little in this story. Absence of evidence is not evidence of something significant but it does create a large phantom field for speculation.

What this story does reveal is that Hollywood's participants are shallow, narcissistic users who crave approval. But we already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Ahhh! You have the fabled Karyn Kupcinet THS? If you upload it on YouTube, I'll give you a million fake dollars!!! I saw it once, 87 years ago back when E! used to show the really good THS and never forgot it. Been looking for it ever since. The whole sending fake threatening letters creeped me out. Her niece said she was writing a book about Karyn but that was years ago and nothing ever came of it.

I never bought the JFK connection. The only thing Karyn's death has in common with JFK is timing but I doubt she was the only person murdered during that time frame. I'm of the mind that Andrew Prine had someone rough her up so she'd leave him the hell alone but the person went too far. That or she had a stalker of her own but she was too busy to notice because she was stalking Prine.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

I believe one of the two men that were with her that night did it.

Jigsaw Guest
    Dear Friends, I would like you to know that there is a book out called "Hit List" by Richard Belzer about the deaths of witnesses after Kennedy's death. There is a chapter inside the book about Karyn Kupcinet. It mentions me throughout by my real name. Belzer and his co-writer selected my theory as the best scenario to her death. jigsaw

Elixson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Dear Friends, I would like you to know that there is a book out called "Hit List" by Richard Belzer about the deaths of witnesses after Kennedy's death. There is a chapter inside the book about Karyn Kupcinet. It mentions me throughout by my real name. Belzer and his co-writer selected my theory as the best scenario to her death. jigsaw
    Belzer's book goes over old territory already covered by more talented kooks whose evidence was as unconvincing as his.

Meow Guest
    This is one I really wish had been solved--- it has a lot of interesting angles to it.

I watched The E True Hollywood Story on her the other night for the umpteenth time ! She was very beautiful , quite voluptuous when she wasn't trying to conform to Hollywood's ''thin is in'' standards, sadly nothings changed. I also don't think Andy Prine was involved, but then again, unless he makes a deathbed confession this will never be solved.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post

I will for sure check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I will for sure check it out!
    I read a book like that decades ago, and I'm going to check this one out, too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rosebud666 Guest
    Wouldn't have minded seeing that when I woke up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Wouldn't have minded seeing that when I woke up in the morning.
    Karyn was a looker wasn't she?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqEOKikE4n)ol4hCBO(Vbz!b3g~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	53567

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!jYE5,uIzFwtBO(Vb)bkV!~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	53568

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!lIE5cOwSdIvBO(VbrI,t!~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	53569

Name:	8-19scans0000091A.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	53570

Name:	s-l1600r.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	53571

That's KARYN at 2:08 in the russet colored blouse & skirt set with lots of petticoats.

Here is a link to the E!True Hollywood Story on Karyn. https://mediaburn.org/video/e-true-h...aryn-kupcinet/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

First time I had heard of her was here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8HWMpYZCU
    The Karyn "Cookie" Kupcinet Murder - Memorial Park Cemetery, Skokie, Illinois