Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Killer Susan Smith

DisneyStacy Guest
    I wish I hadn't read this thread. I feel like crawling into bed with my boys who are asleep and never letting go.

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Unfortunately, no

She got life in prison
    Actually she didn't get life, she received a 25 year sentence. I lived in Union during that time and know David, her husband. He visited her after she was sentenced to try and get closure and ask her, "Why". She never really gave him an answer, but did say that when she got out in 25 years that can start over again and have children!! With that, he got up, left the jail and has never spoke to her again. She should have received the death sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    Susan Smith was recently mentioned on the Casey Anthony thread. I bumped this one because I can't BELIEVE I forgot about this tidbit of information until now:

The alleged "boyfriend" who "didn't want kids" was an employee of my dad's friend. He said that they had never had a serious relationship, but had just gone on a few dates. As far as the "I don't want kids" comment, methinks he just said that as an excuse to break it off.

That's really all I know. Mind you, I got it as third-hand information (from my mom).
    just so you know, the entire break-up letter from that guy is in the link in the first post. pages 4 and 5 l think. an interesting read, though he doesn't sound like that great of a catch, quite frankly.

the boys were found in the upside-down car, dangling from their car seats. that image is sickening. two helpless babies strapped down as they drowned. she is a special kind of evil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have really nothing to add to this but it hurts still to think of those babies, they were just babies..my god, how could a mother do this to her child? I lost a child who was supposed to be safe inside of me, she died before she was born and I'd have given my life for hers...how could any mother not feel the same way? Unbelievable evil in this woman.

bunny Guest
    I think they should have done the same to her...hung her upside down in the car yes the same car...and put her in the lake, then dragged her back up and keep doing it untill she died...horrible woman!

Yeah .. I remember this case... Scumbag !! Those little boys were so cute..and certainly didn't deserve this...
    There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OCEANLIGHTS View Post
    Actually she didn't get life, she received a 25 year sentence. I lived in Union during that time and know David, her husband. He visited her after she was sentenced to try and get closure and ask her, "Why". She never really gave him an answer, but did say that when she got out in 25 years that can start over again and have children!! With that, he got up, left the jail and has never spoke to her again. She should have received the death sentence...
    That bitch actually said that? She should have her uterus removed and not even be allowed a pet snail when she gets out! David would of took those boys in a second! She only did what she did is because she is a self serving , self centered bitch!

I read somewhere along time ago David has moved on and remarried and started a new family, is this accurate?

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    That bitch actually said that? She should have her uterus removed and not even be allowed a pet snail when she gets out! David would of took those boys in a second! She only did what she did is because she is a self serving , self centered bitch!

I read somewhere along time ago David has moved on and remarried and started a new family, is this accurate?
    Yes, that is true. He has a girl, Savanah, about 6 yrs. old now and I heard that he and his wife are expecting again.
    He had the car destroyed almost immediately after the trial, kept one of the baby car seats and had the other destroyed also. He was offered lots of money for the car by some 'sick' people out there. David didn't want anyone making any money from his little boys death.
    He also had them buried in the same coffin, didn't want them to be buried alone...so sad.

Elizabeth Guest

Good

Yes, that is true. He has a girl, Savanah, about 6 yrs. old now and I heard that he and his wife are expecting again.
    He had the car destroyed almost immediately after the trial, kept one of the baby car seats and had the other destroyed also. He was offered lots of money for the car by some 'sick' people out there. David didn't want anyone making any money from his little boys death.
    He also had them buried in the same coffin, didn't want them to be buried alone...so sad.
    Good for him! In every interview he comes across very sincere and forthcoming.....I wish him every happiness he can ever receive.....

I agree! I never realized she only got 25 years!! What was the judge thinking????

Thanks for clearing that up

I remember watching a documentary one time that said it took something like 7 full minutes for the car to sink - it was filling up with water as those babies sat there realizing they were gonna die - at least the oldest one probably did......

Sick ass bitch

Bee1001 Guest

Poor babies I don't have kids, but I can't even fathom doing that to an animal, let alone a child.

Seagorath Guest
    Susan Smith should've left the kids with grandma and then drove herself into that lake...bitch.

fultondyke Guest
    Again she should be mixed with the general prison population of women who WISH they could be with their children--they'd take care of her! Seems like the guards maybe could facilitate this...Like when Dahmer was left with a prisoner who was willing to take care of him...or like the pedophile priest from Boston...

WendyK Guest
    I am glad that he has moved on but it still does not replace his baby boys. I wish he and his new family the best.I don't blame him for having the car destroyed, I probally would of done the same thing to my childrens tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by fultondyke View Post
    Again she should be mixed with the general prison population of women who WISH they could be with their children--they'd take care of her! Seems like the guards maybe could facilitate this...Like when Dahmer was left with a prisoner who was willing to take care of him...or like the pedophile priest from Boston...
    That is an excellent idea about mixing the BITCH with general population! Why on earth was she only sentenced to 25 years?

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I am glad that he has moved on but it still does not replace his baby boys. I wish he and his new family the best.I don't blame him for having the car destroyed, I probally would of done the same thing to my childrens tomb.

That is an excellent idea about mixing the BITCH with general population! Why on earth was she only sentenced to 25 years?
    YES!! ONLY 25, I can't figure out why

GAdeathhag Guest
    bless his heart-- I always felt so bad for him

if i werent a mom and wife-- i would go commit a crime and go to her jail and whoop all kinda ass on her--- i hope someone makes her their bitch and then offs her--

She has been in jail awhile, wonder when her release date is?

This happened in like 94 or 95

cherryghost Guest
    Thats a shocking thought isnt it! She is halfway through her sentence then?

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Thats a shocking thought isnt it! She is halfway through her sentence then?
    I think so...let me look it up

pvezz Guest
    This link says she has to serve a minimum of 30 years and is "in prison for the rest of her natural lifetime......"

http://www.authorsbooknook.com/smith.htm

According to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, Smith will be eligible for parole on November 4, 2024, after serving a minimum of thirty years

pvezz Guest
    She is one they'll never parole, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    She is one they'll never parole, IMO.
    Forgive me for a dumb question

So in 30, they don't have to release her?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Susan Smith should've left the kids with grandma and then drove herself into that lake...bitch.
    yes, that would have been ideal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pvezz Guest
    Forgive me for a dumb question

So in 30, they don't have to release her?
    Nope. All that means is that she can request parole, but I don't see them ever letting her out. Kinda like Manson; he's had umpteen bajillion parole hearings and is always denied.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Nope. All that means is that she can request parole, but I don't see them ever letting her out. Kinda like Manson; he's had umpteen bajillion parole hearings and is always denied.
    tks!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    she should never be let out

Harrietd Guest
    I'm seriously considering becoming her pen pal, but I think I'm probably a little too judgemental. Maybe a little arsnic on self addressed stamped envelope?

trishsixxm Guest
    If only that would of happened in Texas they would of given her the death penalty. I don't care if she plead guilty. What a waste of tax payers money!!!!! I even think they have her separated from the other inmates!!!!! I would never ever give up my chlid for anyone!!! You can always get another man.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrietd View Post
    I'm seriously considering becoming her pen pal, but I think I'm probably a little too judgemental. Maybe a little arsnic on self addressed stamped envelope?
    Didn't her pen pal ad say only for men to respond, I thought I remembered that when I looked it up. (could have been someone else)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Didn't her pen pal ad say only for men to respond, I thought I remembered that when I looked it up. (could have been someone else)
    I think it said that too

WendyK Guest
    I remember reading this! Mickey Mouse and Rainbows?

Her husband was the one that I felt sorry for...I don't think I've ever seen a man weep as hard as that man did on the day of those boys' funeral. It was painful to watch, and my heart broke for him.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I was wrong, oops If I was writeing a criminal I would not find their crime non-aplicable. I wonder if it was darlie who only wanted male writers?

lobosco107 Guest
    I am surprised this monster is still alive too:

Susan Smith is an American woman sentenced to life in prison for murdering her children. Born in Union, South Carolina, and a former student of the University of South Carolina Union, she was convicted on July 22, 1995 of murdering her two sons, 3-year-old Michael Daniel Smith, born October 10, 1991, and 14-month-old Alexander Tyler Smith, born August 5, 1993. The case gained worldwide attention shortly after it developed.

According to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, Smith will be eligible for parole on November 4, 2024, after serving a minimum of thirty years. She is currently incarcerated at South Carolina's Leath Correctional Institution, near Greenwood.[1]

The Case
    Smith initially reported to police, on October 25, 1994, that she had been carjacked by a black man who drove away with her sons still in the car. Smith made tearful pleas on television for the rescue and return of her children. A Usenet chain letter circulated in the following days, asking Internet users to be on the lookout for the vehicle. However, nine days later, following an intensive, heavily publicized investigation and a nationwide search, Smith eventually confessed to letting her 1990 Mazda Protegé roll into nearby John D. Long Lake drowning her children inside.

Many people across the United States and around the world, to whom she and her two "missing" sons had been the subject of an outpouring of sympathy, felt deeply betrayed. Their reaction to the betrayal was further aggravated by the fact that she had attempted to cast blame, falsely, upon a black man, making the case racially sensitive. Additionally, her alleged motive for the deaths — to dispose of her children so that she might have a relationship with a wealthy local man who had no interest in a "ready-made" family — was met with widely held contempt and revulsion. There has been no answer from Susan Smith regarding her choice not to give her husband custody of the children, instead of killing them.

While she has been in prison, two guards have been punished for having sex with Smith[2], and in 2003 she placed a personal ad at WriteAPrisoner.com which has since been retracted.[3]

In his book on the murder,[4] George Rekers advances the idea that Smith could have been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder, had a more thorough psychological examination been conducted at the trial
    Last edited by lobosco107; 01-18-2009 at 05:39 AM.

MoonRabbit Guest
    She tried to blame a black man for the crime. What a bitch!
    If I remember correctly Susan Smith committed the crime because
    a guy she liked didn't like kids?

lol

you made me laugh out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrietd View Post
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was only 7 when this happened, so I don't really remember. The photo of those little boys brought tears to my eyes. One of my greatest fears is drowning, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for little babies who don't know what's going on.

Meli Guest
    DAMN was hoping she was dead!!!!

ceege Guest
    me too.

Both Susans still draw breath. Hell must be full right now.

hotmama Guest
    this is a sad case of women having kids by these sorry ass men. sorry all. she should have given the kids to someone who could take care of them not kill them. her parents were no help. just like mine when i was her age. the husband had left her and his kids. he was not paying child support or giving her any money. she was having a hard time making ends meet but still murder ?? that is sick. the kids were innocent. the hubby should have seen the inside of the jail for being a sorry husband and a deadbeat dad. this is one reason why i told my daughters don't be stupid. don't let no man mess up your life because you can do that on your own. if you do not want babies, do not have them. marriage does not mean you will be safe from all hurt. this is what can happen when a man or a woman walks out on their children. they suffer because of the fucked up shit the parents did or did not do..

hotmama Guest
    what got me was the hoe said a black man kidnapped her white kids!!! get the fuck outta here. they had the nerve to distribute a composite sketch and the police actually arrested someone!! what the fuck?? did you see the sketch?? i know no black man that looks like that..

hotmama Guest
    is he still a deadbeat dad?? or is he finally being a man and taking care of kids he fucked and made?? i feel no sympathy for a deadbeat dad. sorry. the kids are the victims not him or susan. it is beyond me why people feel sorry for him. i can't believe someone had kids with him. just like the yates woman who killed her kids due to being unstable. the hubby kept knocking her up knowing he was unstable. those five kids are the victims. he needed to be in jail also for having sex with a mentally disturbed woman.

ceege Guest
    I wasn't aware that he was a deadbeat dad. I have to go back and read now.

Meli Guest
    me either, and regardless if he was, his kids were still murdered by the one person who is supposed to love them and protect them. What a selfish bitch she is! Because a man didnt want her kids around, she killed them. UGH! Makes me want to hurt this bitch just thinking of it. NO MAN is worth the life of my children!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    this is a sad case of women having kids by these sorry ass men. sorry all. she should have given the kids to someone who could take care of them not kill them. her parents were no help. just like mine when i was her age. the husband had left her and his kids. he was not paying child support or giving her any money. she was having a hard time making ends meet but still murder ?? that is sick. the kids were innocent. the hubby should have seen the inside of the jail for being a sorry husband and a deadbeat dad. this is one reason why i told my daughters don't be stupid. don't let no man mess up your life because you can do that on your own. if you do not want babies, do not have them. marriage does not mean you will be safe from all hurt. this is what can happen when a man or a woman walks out on their children. they suffer because of the fucked up shit the parents did or did not do..

A woman does NOT need a man. A real woman does not need a man to be a good mom. Being a sorry ass excuse for a man is not a criminal act. I imagine he wasnt around because of Susan. Lots of moms are like that, "Be with me or you dont get to see your kids" I have seen to many news stories where mommy and daddy had a hand in killing a child. This woman did NOT kill her kids for revenge on her ex. She did not kill them because she couldnt support them. She killed them because she was a whore whos latest man didnt want kids around. She picked a man over her kids. She is scum, and I hope she suffers everyday until she dies.

ceege Guest
    I will never understand showing the criminal more compassion than they showed their victims.

It wasn't necessary to have a trial or to keep this slut in prison. She murdered her children. She should have been strapped into the back seat of a car and the car run into a river. Instead, she's in prison, on my tax dime, looking for fucking pen pals. This justice system is totally fucked up IMO.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    I will never understand showing the criminal more compassion than they showed their victims.

It wasn't necessary to have a trial or to keep this slut in prison. She murdered her children. She should have been strapped into the back seat of a car and the car run into a river. Instead, she's in prison, on my tax dime, looking for fucking pen pals. This justice system is totally fucked up IMO.
    Agreed. People who can kill their own children, and lie about it, will never be rehabilitated. They are a waste of space in the prison systems, and a drain on the economy. She confessed, she cant recant. Kill her and let it be done!