Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mojo Risin' (Jim Morrison)

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    A circa 1962 promo film he made in college.

This video clip of Jim Morrison was discovered among films that WFSU (a PBS station operated by Florida State University) had donated to the state of Florida in 1989.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meMiC1g_kZI

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    A circa 1962 promo film he made in college.

This video clip of Jim Morrison was discovered among films that WFSU (a PBS station operated by Florida State University) had donated to the state of Florida in 1989.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meMiC1g_kZI
    OMG that is scary! I have this vision of him leaving that office in a huff and doing two window panes of yellow sunshine and the rest becomes history!
    From this the lizard king was born!
    Great find!
    Regards,
    Mary

3. 03-05-2010, 08:45 PM

NineTails20 Guest
    I was just reading through this thread, and saw someone's post on the cause of Jim's death as possibly being the result of a fall.

This was first put forward(afaik) in Stephen Davis' book, 'Jim Morrison; Life, Death, Legend'. I have to say, out of the books about The Doors I've read, this is one of the best.

The scenario that Stephen Davis puts forward is this: At some point in January 1971, Jim, and his friends Babe Hill and Tony Funches. After a night of drinking and Jim going to his bedroom at the Chateau Marmont with a girl, Jim rose at dawn and climbed on to the roof. He then tried to swing from the roof into his room, via the rain gutter. The gutter didn't take Jim's weight, and he fell two floors to the ground bouncing off of the roof of the shed behind the building before landing hard on the concrete on his back.

According to Hill and Funches, Jim at first couldn't breathe, and then couldn't move. they went out to help him, and Jim told them not to call for an ambulance. Tony Funches helped Jim to bed, where Jim slept through the next day. When Jim woke, he had chest pains and was coughing up blood. He eventually went to a doctor, who said he had badly bruised ribs, and gave Jim painkillers.

Also, Jim took a swan dive out of a second floor window in Paris, landing on the rook of a car below. Several weeks before he died, he had a severe coughing fit while in London, bringing up pink tinged sputum.

Now, according to Davis and his source, Alain Ronay, on July 2nd Jim had taken another sever coughing fit. He was shaking violently and moving slowly as they went through town. Eventually after spending some time in shops. Jim collapsed on a bench, wracked with hiccup type spasms in his chest. His breath was fast and shallow, and he was changing color. After getting something to eat, Jim seemed to recover somewhat, but once outside of a restaurant, he began to suffer from the spasms again, and was drooling saliva.

According to the book, Jim was rapidly going downhil, and when he was eventually found in the bathtub, not only had he blood coming from his nose, he had two large bruises on his chest.

As for Patricia Kennealy, according to Stephen Davis' book, Jim wasn't as in love with her as was reported. I'll have to read through the book at bit more to find all of that, and I'll post it up later. But Davis' view on why Morrison died made me think really hard about his cause of death.

Apologies for bumping this up again.

No need to apologise Ninetails ! Its good to keep the disscussion alive, i have seen on another forum that the x-rays after the Chateau Marmont fall showed bruised not broken ribs but who knows after the fall in Paris, if only they had done an autopsy

Scrum Drum Guest
    I'd say the ghost photo of Morrison is an obvious hoax because it is unlikely Morrison's ghost would decide to appear doing a stage shot of the flying eagle indian dance Morrison would do on stage as part of his shaman schtick. It's obviously a superimposition of a photo someone took of Morrison doing the flying eagle on-stage.

You have to believe in the heroin overdose story because obviously they accessed a doctor willing to do a "heart failure" cause of death certificate exactly because they knew they had to cover-up the real cause. If Jim was alive when they pulled him from the bathroom it's a shame because we would all be better off with a living Morrison, who had to explain why he nearly overdosed to the authorities, than a dead one.

Funny, when I visited Morrison's grave I thought I saw a black headstone???

I'm not sure on the 'cover-up' scenario, the story of him od'ing in a toilet was brought up to add interest to the sale of the building where it supposedly took place (well thats what it said in the press here). They are not in the habit of autopsy's here either, they cost and no-one wants to pay.

NineTails20 Guest
    Took me a while, but I've finally found the part of Stephen Davis' book that deals with Patricia Kennealy.

We all know of the claims that she's made since Jim died; she 'married' Jim in a Wiccan ceremony, she was pregnant by Jim and subsequently had an abortion, that Jim was nothing but a kind and gentle lover, etc. However, she has never produced any of the letters she says Jim wrote to her. She has also said that she was using marijuana, cocaine and tranquilizers during that time period.

To cut a long story short, Kennealy's claims have to be taken with a pinch of salt. There is no solid proof of any of her claims, and it's alleged that she has 'bigged up' her connection to Jim.

But it makes for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    I'm not sure on the 'cover-up' scenario, the story of him od'ing in a toilet was brought up to add interest to the sale of the building where it supposedly took place (well thats what it said in the press here). They are not in the habit of autopsy's here either, they cost and no-one wants to pay.
    Makes a lot of sense to me.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Scrum Drum Guest
    It makes sense that Pam couldn't lift Jim into the tub. A cold bath tub is usually the place where people try to shock heroin overdose victims into surviving. It makes sense that if Jim was found in the tub that Pam didn't lift him there alone and that he was brought there and placed into the tub by others. And that fits the overdose in the bathroom stall scenario, as does Ms Faithful and her buddy high-tailing it right after.

Which, of course, doesn't preclude that it was true AND was used to boost the sale...

Last edited by Scrum Drum; 05-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.

MunstersBabe Guest
    A documentary of The Doors called "When You're Strange" will be on PBS tonight at 9pm EST. The program is called "American Masters." If you are a Doors fan, you cannot miss this.

NineTails20 Guest
    Can I just say that no-one has ever looked so good in leather than Jim Morrison? God......*fans self*

Oscar&Jim Guest

Post mortem Jim: the movie

So, I made a film about Jim in death (and Oscar Wilde). We call it Oscar & Jim. We shot it in the Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris (surround by Jim, Oscar, Chopin, Modigliani, Proust etc etc).

The dead folks are our extras (they are cheap and non-union). RIP one and all.

Death hags should check out OscarandJim.com - the movie is also on YouTube.

Enjoy

Iain Weatherby

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...?ref=fb&src=sp

The house on Love St. is for sell

WOW! I saw this house when we were in California- the photos of the inside are fabulous! Sure would LOVE to live there...if only those walls could talk, I'm sure they would have some stories to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by estone66 View Post
    What I would give just to be able to go inside this place......I think this is the same apartment where Jim and Pam were photographed nude. I could be mistaken about that though.
    "There are two things you gotta learn how to say in life, thank you, and fuck you."-John Rzeznik

james1977 Guest

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    No need to apologise Ninetails ! Its good to keep the disscussion alive, i have seen on another forum that the x-rays after the Chateau Marmont fall showed bruised not broken ribs but who knows after the fall in Paris, if only they had done an autopsy
    Jim smoked so much dope and took so much stuff. His coughing could have been from some congestion. Deaths from falls and bruising, do happen. I always read stories about guys who were fighting and were hit or fell down and hit their head and body on the ground. They later die in their sleep from their injuries. It does happen. This just sounds like a combination of drugs and such. Jim took everything, he did hate heroin. If someone gave him something, he would take it immediately. I know every page of the " No One Here Gets Out Alive " book. Good book, but with all of the dope Jim took and drinking there's no way he would even be alive in 1980. The book tried to suggest this. It just sounds like heart failure. He was drinking up a storm and taking drugs in those last days. It is still tragic. All of the celebs we have lost within the past 5 years is also tragic. No one ever learns.

Deaths from falls and bruising, do happen. I always read stories about guys who were fighting and were hit or fell down and hit their head and body on the ground. They later die in their sleep from their injuries. It does happen.
    Yep. In fact, I'll betcha Natasha Richardson would agree with you, if she could.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    http://features.waiting-forthe-sun.n...mers_gone.html

pics and description of the house in 2001.

The new issue of Classic Rock features the most detailed account yet of Jim Morrison’s last days, including an interview with Sam Bernett, the man who claims Morrison died in the night club he was managing at the time, the Rock’N’Roll Circus. Today we publish Bernett’s accounts of what happened on that fateful night
    http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...-jim-morrison/

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Anyone seen 'When You're Strange' yet? I really enjoyed it.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I have! I went in to it with low expecations (Don't know why, probably cause there's been a lot of bad Doors docs,etc) and couldn't believe how good it was. It's a must see for any Doors/Jim fan. Even people I know who aren't in to them enjoyed it.

Im excited as im going to Paris next week for a few days! Will definately go to visit Jim - (will add photos when im back!) Anyone else suggest other areas jim related to go to in Paris??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Im excited as im going to Paris next week for a few days! Will definately go to visit Jim - (will add photos when im back!) Anyone else suggest other areas jim related to go to in Paris??
    You might check out the catacombs under the city that are filled with thousands of human bones:

http://www.catacombes-de-paris.fr/english.htm

Thanks RogerV - That is a wicked find! Im going to look right into that now! Cheers!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by hrhdiesel; 08-21-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Large image changed to link to make it easier for all members to view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No security guard, just a metal fencing. Also the graffiti has now been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi all! I'm new here to the forums. I have always wondered what the inside of 17 Rue Beautreillis looked like then and what it looks like now. Does anyone know? I sure wish I could go to Paris to pay my respects to the Lizard King.

It use to have a head and shoulders statue of jim on top of the grave but that was stolen by a fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Does anyone know what became of Pam's home movies? Were they destroyed? Sitting in a relative's attic somewhere?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

i just watched it last night. amazing footage.

http://www.documentarystream.com/whe...out-the-doors/

It use to have a head and shoulders statue of jim on top of the grave but that was stolen by a fan.
    Actually it happened a few times. In the end they got sick of replacing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outgoing Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is considering pardoning one of the dead – not one of the Grateful Dead, but Jim Morrison, the deceased lead singer of The Doors. Morrison was convicted of indecent exposure after a rowdy Miami concert in 1969, The Hill reports.

Stay tuned,” Crist told the publication, discussing the idea of a posthumous pardon for the rock star who died in Paris in 1971. Crist left the Republican Party to run for Senate as an independent this year and was thumped by Republican Marco Rubio.

As for a Morrison pardon, “Candidly, it's something that I haven’t given a lot of thought to, but it's something I’m willing to look into in the time I have left,” Crist says. “Anything is possible.”
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

MunstersBabe Guest
    That guy will do anything for publicity. Would Jim Morrison care if he were pardoned? I highly doubt it, since he didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

MunstersBabe Guest
    On a side note, on December 8th, Jim would have celebrated his 67th birthday. Hard to imagine...huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MunstersBabe View Post
    On a side note, on December 8th, Jim would have celebrated his 67th birthday. Hard to imagine...huh?
    yes and I always think, what would they, (deceased celebs), be like today?

That guy will do anything for publicity. Would Jim Morrison care if he were pardoned? I highly doubt it, since he didn't do anything wrong in the first place.
    I'm wondering what the point of it is too.

Hmmmm........ I cannot but help that he would be more of a lounge lizard as opposed to lizard king at that age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    It was raining the day I visited Jim's grave in 2006. It was hard walking up the stony and hilly walkways through that massive Pere Lachaise...Oscar Wilde's grave was sweet also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A8...haise_Cemetery

doyleloyal Guest
    RIP to the lizard king

Happy Birthday, Jim. I Love You and Miss You a lot. I will be listening to American Prayer today in your memory. Forever Rest In Peace.

Happy 67th birthday, Mr.Mojo Risin. You are missed, and I wish I would have gotten to see you play live. I listened to my favorite song LA Woman, in your memory today.

desertangel Guest
    Happy Birthday from the State of Florida...

...why do I feel like screaming "SAVE IT!!!" or maybe "SHOVE IT!!!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40583989...me_and_courts/

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. â?? Forty years after Jim Morrison was convicted of exposing himself at a wild Miami concert, this is the end: Florida's Clemency Board, egged on by departing Gov. Charlie Crist, pardoned The Doors' long-dead singer Thursday.

Some people who were at the Miami show March 1, 1969, insist even today that he exposed himself, though others in the audience and Morrison's bandmates contend he was just teasing the crowd and only pretended to do the deed. Crist, tuned in to the controversy by a Doors fan, said there was enough doubt about what happened at the Dinner Key Auditorium to justify a pardon.

The board, which consists of Crist and a three-member Cabinet, voted unanimously to pardon Morrison as they granted several other pardons Thursday. At the hearing, the governor called the convictions a "blot" on the record of an accomplished artist for "something he may or may not have done."

He said Morrison died before he was afforded the chance to present his appeal, so Crist was doing that for him. Board members pointed out several times that they couldn't retry the case but that the pardon forgave Morrison and negated his sentence.

"In this case the guilt or innocence is in God's hands, not ours," Crist said.
    Morrison had received a six-month jail sentence â?? never served â?? and a $500 fine for the 1970 convictions, which carried consequences for the band. Ray Manzarek, The Doors' keyboard player, said Miami was supposed to be the start of a 20-city tour, but every venue canceled after Morrison's arrest.
    "We had the mandate of heaven, and I think at that moment, he lost the mandate of heaven," Manzarek said. "In the recording studio, the magic stayed, but I think at that moment in Miami, the live performance magic left for a little while and then came back intermittently."

Morrison's appeals were never resolved. He was found dead in a Paris bathtub in 1971 at age 27.

knothere Guest
    oh pardon jim

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Wish I had Morrison's signature on this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoorsManzarekKriegerDensmoreLP.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	29507  

I totally dont think Jim would give a rats ass about the pardon now.... at the time - he felt "fingered" by the police for something he didnt do.
    Lizard king or couch king ? Would he had turned into a fat elvis celebrity if he had survived.... somehow i dont think Jim was meant to be with us for a long period. To me he was a shooting star thats left us with so much to be thankful for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I totally dont think Jim would give a rats ass about the pardon now.... at the time - he felt "fingered" by the police for something he didnt do.
    Lizard king or couch king ? Would he had turned into a fat elvis celebrity if he had survived.... somehow i dont think Jim was meant to be with us for a long period. To me he was a shooting star thats left us with so much to be thankful for.

Great post.

NewYorkDoll Guest

bears repeating....yep.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Great post.
    Cheers mate - it was from the heart!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    bears repeating....yep.
    I bow at your extra repeat - its goods to hear some one else agree!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I first posted in this thread a few years ago after reading a book about Rock myths and legends. I've recently become obessed with The Doors after watching the 'When You're Strange' documentary. I just can't get enough of their music right now.

Unfortunately, I recently watched Oliver Stone's, The Doors, movie, and it was so bad! It kind of contradicted what the 'When You're Strange' documentary said about Jim. The movie made him look like he was a complete asshole...and I refuse to believe that's true. He seemed like he was a shy, kind person, who I'm sure had his demons.

Having read up on him over the last few years, I really question the surroundings of his death. I'm even open to believing he may still be alive, or at least he didn't die when and how they said he did.

Wasn't there a story recently, maybe last year or so, that said his grave wasn't being paid for and they were ready to dig him up? Then, suddenly, someone paid the bill? If I remember correctly, even Ray said something to the effect of, 'maybe we should dig him up and see if he's in there'.
    Last edited by Two Lost Souls; 04-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.