Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Imus

onehunglow Guest

Don Imus

Does this guy look dead? Keith Richards looks better than him. Get a shovel. Now he lives in New York City and wears a cowboy hat and boots. Is he the guy that makes Salsa?

mommafreak Guest
    Get a rope.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Does this guy look dead? Keith Richards looks better than him. Get a shovel. Now he lives in New York City and wears a cowboy hat and boots. Is he the guy that makes Salsa?
    Just be glad he isn't the Naked Cowboy or there would be a rash of burned retinas in NYC.

mommafreak Guest
    LMAO - ugh, the guy is **shakes uncontrolably** nasty.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    this guy is a total nut-job!! he made his comments " nappy headed hoes", now he is trying for his own tv show!! oh well, he never made any damn sense anyway!!

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    His brother Fred put out a brand of $al$a and chip$

I took no interest, so cannot say if they're still available.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Could you imagine an eyebrow hair in your salsa!!

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    I can NOW!!

onehunglow Guest

Unhappy OK, I'm done for now with my chips and salsa

That was why I posted it. I was enjoying it when I saw a picture of Imus. Thus the post.

I liked Imus and his show on MSNBC. I thought the last couple of years he got a little to full of himself though. I can't make a judgment on what he said because I don't know whats in his heart. He runs a ranch for kids with cancer in New Mexico. I think all the proceeds from the salsa sales go towards the ranch.

onehunglow Guest

You mean he really does make New York Salsa?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    I liked Imus and his show on MSNBC. I thought the last couple of years he got a little to full of himself though. I can't make a judgment on what he said because I don't know whats in his heart. He runs a ranch for kids with cancer in New Mexico. I think all the proceeds from the salsa sales go towards the ranch.
    Like someone else said. "get a rope".

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    This board has the greatest thread titles EVER...

deathybrad Guest
    You're all a bunch of nappy headed hoes.

Armcast Guest
    Thanks for that Computer Guy

Now tell me what I can put on my tacos? It's obviously not salsa anymore...why oh why did I click on an Imus link?

ozzysmom Guest

Don Imus has cancer

Don Imus Has Cancer

Posted Mar 16th 2009 7:12AM by TMZ Staff
    Don Imus announced on his radio program this morning that he's battling stage II prostate cancer.

Story developing ...

Any thoughts hags? Can't wait for your posts! I know how controversial he is.

Guest Guest
    I have never heard of him, sad news though. Has he been on air long?

ozzysmom Guest
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_imus

this is his Wiki page...have a read Vlad. Personally I think this guy is an asshat.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_imus

this is his Wiki page...have a read Vlad. Personally I think this guy is an asshat.

Personally, I agree.

I don't wish death on anyone, though...

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    About since the time the US Supreme Court decided that Marconi was a fraud and it was really Tesla who invented radio. 1943? (I exaggerate for humorous effect. It wasn't really that long ago, but Marconi really was a fraud.)

Poor Don -- from legend to parody to irrelevant to patient. I'll light a candle in honor of what he used to mean to radio. Don't thank me; it's not much bother, and I'm not even Catholic.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Even though he is not the most likable guy out there, I still feel bad that he is going through this. Cancer is a bitch.

I always have a soft spot in my heart for people that have these illnesses and can still make jokes about it.

THis is what Imus had to say.

I'm changing the name of the Imus Cattle Ranch for Kids with Cancer to
    the Imus Cattle Ranch for Kids with cancer and me," he said, referring to his charity to help children with cancer.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Karma.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

MoonRabbit Guest
    What is this? So many people getting cancer? WTF?

Now I'm wondering about those Chem-trails in the sky?
    Just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtra...spiracy_theory

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Imus got into trouble over alleged racist remarks he made on radio.

He called female basketball players
    â??nappy-headed hos.â?

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Karma.

No such thing. OJ still has his health.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Imus got into trouble over alleged racist remarks he made on radio.

He called female basketball players
    â??nappy-headed hos.â?
    I'm sorry but I still giggle at that phrase. I know...it's wrong....fast train to hell..I'z on it.

AaronVail Guest
    Don Imus has long been known for his racism and sexism. Howard Stern had a field day with the incident that eventually got Imus fired from NBC, as Howard had said for years what a racist clown this douchebag was/is.

Giada Guest
    Imus was pulled from MSNBC after the remark he made, and has not been able to rehab is image enough to return to network/cable tv.

He has been making rascist remarks for years including one against Gwen Ifil who is/was a well respected journalist for NPR, referring to her as the cleaning lady.

He blames his cancer on stress. Difficult for me to feel sorry for a guy whose primary career is based on hurting others.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curl_up_N_dye View Post
    I'm sorry but I still giggle at that phrase. I know...it's wrong....fast train to hell..I'z on it.
    Yeah, that's not cool.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    Yeah, that's not cool.
    No it's not ... but it's funny.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curl_up_N_dye View Post
    No it's not ... but it's funny.
    It's not funny at all, really.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    It's not funny at all, really.
    Toodles.

Don Imus has long been known for his racism and sexism. Howard Stern had a field day with the incident that eventually got Imus fired from NBC, as Howard had said for years what a racist clown this douchebag was/is.
    oh freaking lord! Pot meet kettle.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    oh freaking lord! Pot meet kettle.

LOL yeah ... like HS is any better. Takes one to know one, huh?

I've been listening to Don Imus for years. If you have never listened you don't really know him. If you only know him from the new reports then you really can't judge. His grumpy persona is just that. He gives hundreds of dollars to charity.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxette View Post
    I've been listening to Don Imus for years. If you have never listened you don't really know him. If you only know him from the new reports then you really can't judge. His grumpy persona is just that. He gives hundreds of dollars to charity.
    So do the Hell's Angels.

I don't have anything against them either

Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    Personally, I agree.

I don't wish death on anyone, though...
    Me too But, as you said, I wouldn't wish cancer and/or death on anyone.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nicki Guest
    I can take him or leave him.....I also wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Aside from that.....there are going to be some people applauding this change of events is Don's life. Possibly the Rutgers Women's Basketball Team that he called Nappyheaded Hos!

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I can take him or leave him.....I also wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Aside from that.....there are going to be some people applauding this change of events is Don's life. Possibly the Rutgers Women's Basketball Team that he called Nappyheaded Hos!

Not at all. That is a group of classy young women who, I believe, would never celebrate the suffering of someone who uttered a few words of insult at them. They're much, much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxette View Post
    I think it's a wee bit more than $100's of dollars. He has his cowboy ranch for kids with Cancer and he also does a lot of work with SIDS. I kinda like him but since he's been back on the radio he's been neutered. Best of luck to him.

hoxharding Guest
    The first time I saw him on tv-I thought they had put a dead guy in front on a microphone. No joke-he looked like a mummified guy to me.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Personally, I think everyone has something that makes others think they are "racist" or "sexist" or some other negative thing. With that said, I don't agree with some of the things he says by any means. At any rate, no one deserves to have cancer or be in pain. I do hope that things get better for him, it could make him realize not to be such an asshat.

2Dogs Guest
    I listened to Imus for years as well. He brutally speared, slammed and roasted people equally - regardless of race, sex or political affiliation. He was a shock-jock. MSNBC didn't bat an eye at anything he said, including the Rutger's remark. It wasn't until a few days later, when it became a big national bru-ha-ha that they got all weak in the knees and fired him. Hypocrites.

If you want to see classic Imus, read this transcript from his '96 speech at the Radio/TV Correspondents dinner, where President and First Lady Clinton (who were his friends) were in attendance. http://www.imonthe.net/imus/ispeech.htm

It's kind of ironic that he has cancer, considering all that he's done for kids with cancer, but not that shocking - considering his age and previous lifestyle.

I wish him well.

Don Imus has had a lot of health problems over the years.

In his early years, he had bad drug and alcohol problems.

He didn't have to come out with this because it is a private matter and it is nice that some people wish him well.

Does anyone remember that Imus met with the women of Rutger and he apologized?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SeHO51Ifg

I realize it might never be enough for some people.

In todays environment, anyone who has to talk for a living will say something politically incorrect.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Not a fan of his but damn

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    No such thing. OJ still has his health.
    True, very true but at least OJ is now where he belongs...behind bars and off the golf courses

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Not at all. That is a group of classy young women who, I believe, would never celebrate the suffering of someone who uttered a few words of insult at them. They're much, much better than that.
    Irish, I think you are right....they would be above that. I posted earlier today before I headed out to work. Just got home and after reading all the other posts it sounds like the person who mentioned he is something of a shockjock.....I think they are right. It does sound like he has helped alot of children and many other causes. Plus the fact he is from a different era. My father who has long been gone, would also make statements that in todays world could very much get him in trouble.
    Is his cancer terminal. Hope they can do alot for him. Often the truth is somewhere in the middle.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    Personally, I think everyone has something that makes others think they are "racist" or "sexist" or some other negative thing. With that said, I don't agree with some of the things he says by any means. At any rate, no one deserves to have cancer or be in pain. I do hope that things get better for him, it could make him realize not to be such an asshat.
    That's not true. Off the top of my head I can think of many people, like, my entire family, all of my friends, myself. I could go on.

lisalouver Guest
    I dont have a problem with Imus, and I would take him any day over Howard Stern.

His cancer is Stage II so I suspect with treatment he will do just fine.

I wish him well.