Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Great pictures Cindy. I always thought Bruce was a very attractive guy. It's strange seeing him in that one pic with a goatee, but he looks great. I wonder how long he wore it?

No idea. I have also seen him in a full beard--ditto Brandon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by soonerpimp View Post
    if Bruce was there ol Tex & co. would be the "victims"
    No, even Bruce could not dodge bullets.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Pamebabby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    This should be renamed the 'speculation' thread.
    Nah, I vote for hot dead guys thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    No, even Bruce could not dodge bullets.
    Skilled legs and fist are no match for a gun. And they would have put his lights out first because he was the greatest danger to them, just as Jay was when he tried to protect Sharon.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-21-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

stephenmiller Guest
    Bruce Lee was the man!! Bad to the bone!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    Bruce Lee was the man!! Bad to the bone!!
    And his son was no pushover.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I have read nothing about a coractation of the great vessels being a cause of Bruce Lee's brain edema. (And I have talked to someone who was his friend and co star in some of his movies, Bob Wall.) That's the problem, the mystery, if you will. No cause of the edema could be found during autopsy. That's why there are so many rumors of poison, allergy to hash and/or pot, mysterious martial arts move, etc., and of course an allergy to the super asprin.

He did have an episode in May, three months before his death. It was the same thing that killed him, brain edema, but they got him to the hospital in time to save him. Unfortunately, in July, he fell asleep and did not reach the hospital in time.
    I remember an interview with Linda Lee in a documentary. I can't remember if she was the one who said that but I heard it in the documentary. Something I remember too clearly is the physician who attended my cousin. He told us that was the cause of my cousins death. I am aware of the condition because I trained as a nurse though I only worked 2 yrs as one before transferring to another occupation. Brain edema could be expected if the coarctation existed in the area of the skull as Greg's did. It is a rare and often fatal condition. It more commonly exists in the aorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    I remember an interview with Linda Lee in a documentary. I can't remember if she was the one who said that but I heard it in the documentary. Something I remember too clearly is the physician who attended my cousin. He told us that was the cause of my cousins death. I am aware of the condition because I trained as a nurse though I only worked 2 yrs as one before transferring to another occupation. Brain edema could be expected if the coarctation existed in the area of the skull as Greg's did. It is a rare and often fatal condition. It more commonly exists in the aorta.
    Ok. If you heard Linda say that then that's what happened.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Happy 70th birthday, Little Dragon!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow 70!!!! Happy Birthday Bruce! You are sorely missed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Can someone repost that link to Bruce's funeral? It says that the clip has either been deleted now or the owner's account has been deleted/deactivated.....
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Can someone repost that link to Bruce's funeral? It says that the clip has either been deleted now or the owner's account has been deleted/deactivated.....
    Here is a link to the funeral. Shannon Lee and company have been demanding the removal of many Bruce and Brandon clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmLhtwfKJw8
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    Thanks! I've not seen that footage before. You may have already seen this but I just found this pic of Bruce in the morgue. It's quite graphic so don't click if you're squeamish

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/l...lee/morgue.jpg

I really don't think Bruce looks bad at all. He just looks like he's asleep.

Here is a link to the funeral. Shannon Lee and company have been demanding the removal of many Bruce and Brandon clips.

Thanks, Cindy!!!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Bruce Lee Musium Shelved in Hong Kong

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Marvellous clip, thanks.

erictheking97 Guest
    Skilled legs and fist are no match for a gun. And they would have put his lights out first because he was the greatest danger to them, just as Jay was when he tried to protect Sharon.
    If Only we will never know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48857083.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	30937  

Enter the Dragon is on tonight (Nov. 17, 2011) at 8pm EST on AMC.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

melody Guest
    ^^^Yup I was watching Until the hubs came home

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    I know what you mean. We have a TV in the master and one in each of the three spare rooms, but he wants to sit his sweet ass in here and hog my TV. I just tell him I am going to watch something and he usually watches in another room.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

22. 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM

DarkFlax Guest
    My favorite scene from Enter The Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPWDMvT21E

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    lol thats why I have cats.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlax View Post
    My favorite scene from Enter The Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPWDMvT21E
    Ohh, I watched it on AMC! I've watched it so many times and I'll never get sick of it. Bruce Lee is so hilarious in some of those scenes. His body is insane. There's hardly any fat on him. Very sexy.

I posted on FB that I was watching it and my friend commented and posted that same link!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bruce-lee-marriage-photos-225x228.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	41605
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

27. 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM

28. 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM

29. 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM

30. 03-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Much has been said about how Bruce Lee died. Many can't believe a man so mighty could be slain by Equegsia, a super aspirin/muscle relaxant. Some say he was murdered by Hong Kong producers because he was planning to return to the states and Hollywood. Some say that Bruce's herbalist was paid to kill him by these men. And of course there is the tired old allergy from a chemical in pot.

What blows a hole in the Super Aspirin is that he had not taken it three months previous to his death when he collapsed with the same symptoms of brain edema. Doctors got to him in time and he lived. The day he died, it was an hour before he was taken to the ER, because he died in Betty Ting Pie's apartment, where he had gone to go over a treatment for Game of Death. For the media to find out that he died in another woman's apartment would have been scandalous in 1973.

Linda Lee Cadwell has said that the autopsy found very little pot in his system. Of course, if one is highly allergic to a substance it wouldn't take much, would it?

I have two theories. I believe he developed brain edema from poison, because that is what poison does. Whether it was due to allergy or homicide I do not know, but I do believe that of the two, Brandon and Bruce, Bruce was the more likely target for murder. I am not saying I believe he was murdered, just that is is more possible that he was murdered than Brandon, whom I most def do not believe was slain.

Another theory is that it was a combination of things...overwork in extreme summer heat...not eating--he was drinking some kind of horrid mixture of healthy shakes, no solid food. It all fits, especially when considering what happened in May, three months before his death.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Find A Death Fan Guest
    I believe he developed brain edema from poison, because that is what poison does. Whether it was due to allergy or homicide I do not know, but I do believe that of the two, Brandon and Bruce, Bruce was the more likely target for murder. I am not saying I believe he was murdered, just that is is more possible that he was murdered than Brandon, whom I most def do not believe was slain.

After researching BL's death, if iwas a betting man, i'd say this is my belief as well as to what caused his demise. My beliefs are substantiated by what i learned about his death.

33. 03-27-2012, 01:51 PM

radiojane Guest
    I always got the impression that it was a combination of overwork, poor diet, and exposure to a toxin either in his weed or that he was exposed to elsewhere. I never really bought that he was murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I always got the impression that it was a combination of overwork, poor diet, and exposure to a toxin either in his weed or that he was exposed to elsewhere. I never really bought that he was murdered.
    Me neither. I just meant that of the rumors of murder Bruce would be the most likely one. There is no way Brandon was murdered.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Find A Death Fan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post

I believe based off my research, that he ingested a poisonous substance, maybe or maybe not intently. On May 10th, BL wasn't having any problems until after eating lunch

philbert_wormly Guest
    Bruce Lee was really handsome in repose. Very nice photos are in this thread. When he was being all, you know, Bruce Lee, he comes off as such a warrior that it is hard to see how handsome he is.

I never thought he was straight up murdered just because Linda as well as his daughter always seem soo very much at peace with his having passed. Maybe I am naive? Even in the movie "I Am Bruce Lee" Linda and Shannon still come off that way. I am going to link to the IMDB listing for that movie in case no one has seen it yet because it was a rather cool documentary and I would also dare say any child could watch it with no troubles because there is nothing really far out in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954299/

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    Bruce Lee was really handsome in repose. Very nice photos are in this thread. When he was being all, you know, Bruce Lee, he comes off as such a warrior that it is hard to see how handsome he is.

I never thought he was straight up murdered just because Linda as well as his daughter always seem soo very much at peace with his having passed. Maybe I am naive? Even in the movie "I Am Bruce Lee" Linda and Shannon still come off that way. I am going to link to the IMDB listing for that movie in case no one has seen it yet because it was a rather cool documentary and I would also dare say any child could watch it with no troubles because there is nothing really far out in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954299/
    And here's a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSApbJ_T8QM
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

39. 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM

40. 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Meow Guest
    Whoops! Off by a couple of days. The anniversary of Bruce's death just passed July 20th 1973. I was/am a huge Bruce Lee fan. I saw Enter the Dragon a personal record of 17 times at various theatres over the years. Hard to believe it's the 40th anniversary of his passing! Bruce would have turned 73 years old this year. And yes, he was "very" handsome

frankmiller11 Guest
    hi!
    the link is not working, can you please provide another link.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmiller11 View Post
    hi!
    the link is not working, can you please provide another link.
    It works just fine for me. Sorry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

44. 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM

Bruce Lee was the greatest ...no way he would have let Sharon die....you people have no idea how fast he was....he trained 3 hours a day.....Jay was a hairstylist! Don't even compare the two....
    Quote Originally Posted by erictheking97 View Post
    If Only we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Bruce Lee was the greatest ...no way he would have let Sharon die....you people have no idea how fast he was....he trained 3 hours a day.....Jay was a hairstylist! Don't even compare the two....
    Yeah, Bruce was fast--so fast that they had to film his fight scenes in slo mo on The Green Hornet. However, Bruce was not faster than a bullet.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I agree, Cindy. He may also have believed the crew when they said they weren't going to hurt anyone; just like Jay Sebring believed.

Katie Guest
    I have been re-reading this thread after years since I first posted. My hubby is a huge BL fan. We took a trip to Seattle several years ago, and I arranged for the Taxi to take us to the cemetery without my hubby knowing. The drive is behind the graves, so hubby didn't know what we were doing until we got right on the grave site. The look on hubby's face was priceless. Do you know how to connect Elvis with B Lee? Elvis's wife left him for Ed Parker, who worked with Bruce Lee. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I have been re-reading this thread after years since I first posted. My hubby is a huge BL fan. We took a trip to Seattle several years ago, and I arranged for the Taxi to take us to the cemetery without my hubby knowing. The drive is behind the graves, so hubby didn't know what we were doing until we got right on the grave site. The look on hubby's face was priceless. Do you know how to connect Elvis with B Lee? Elvis's wife left him for Ed Parker, who worked with Bruce Lee. Small world.
    I thought it was Mike Stone, because every he caught an epi of The Streets of San Fransisco Elvis would shoot the TV because one of the main characters was named Mike Stone.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

50. 10-31-2013, 11:22 AM

RIP Bruce
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP Bruce
    still a debate over his cause of death

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/...heories-2018-7

http://ew.com/books/2018/07/20/bruce...ath-biography/
    Last edited by cash; 07-20-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Well, he had brain edema, which could have been caused by an allergic reaction from THC in his brownies or the super aspirin, or murder by poisoning. Another theory is the Chinese mafia offed him via martial arts chop to the neck for teaching white devils how to fight. But Chuck Norris, who should know, says no one could tough Bruce. Also, he wasn't taking care of himself. And it was hot enough to fry eggs in Hong Kong, quit eating solid food, and worked most of every 24 hours. Who knows?
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-20-2018 at 10:29 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well, he had brain edema, which could have been caused by an allergic reaction from THC in his brownies or the super aspirin, or murder by poisoning. Another theory is the Chinese mafia offed him via martial arts chop to the neck for teaching white devils how to fight. But Chuck Norris, who should know, says no one could tough Bruce. Also, he wasn't taking care of himself. And it was hot enough to fry eggs in Hong Kong, quit eating solid food, and worked most of every 24 hours. Who knows?
    I've read several stories over the years. One of the most common ones to pop up is he suffered from really bad pain because of old injuries and eventually, he started taking Cortisone injections and he continued to take them until the day he died. Because of this, supposedly, his temper would go up and down and that's why he took the pot to balance it and calm him out. He continued burning the candle and eventually, his body gave up. Seemingly the reason what happened was so secretive is because Betty was his mistress, something a lot of people knew but they didn't want the public finding out because of his family image.

Something else that I've seen brought up more than once is how bad he looks in the beginning scene of GoD. He appears gaunt and not as muscular than in previous roles. After I read it, I went back and watched it and he does look like death warmed up.
    Last edited by Shellie; 07-21-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I've read several stories over the years. One of the most common ones to pop up is he suffered from really bad pain because of old injuries and eventually, he started taking Cortisone injections and he continued to take them until the day he died. Because of this, supposedly, his temper would go up and down and that's why he took the pot to balance it and calm him out. He continued burning the candle and eventually, his body gave up. Seemingly the reason what happened was so secretive is because Betty was his mistress, something a lot of people knew but they didn't want the public finding out because of his family image.

Something else that I've seen brought up more than once is how bad he looks in the beginning scene of GoD. He appears gaunt and not as muscular than in previous roles. After I read it, I went back and watched it and he does look like death warmed up.
    Never heard the cortisone theory. But he most def had a quick trigger temper, according to what I've read and what Linda wrote in her book Bruce Lee: The Man Only I knew. He was obsessed with his body. He exercised all the time, even when he was going over scripts via a thingy he strapped on that worked his chest muscles. All he consumed was health shakes. As for his affair with Betty. There was a time when I would go off like a fire cracker if anyone even hinted he cheated on Linda. (Not on this site.) I talked personally with his best friend, Bob Wall, who said Bruce Luuuuuuuved Linda. Well, you can love someone and still cheat. When asked by an interviewer if Bruce cheated, Linda herself dodged the question with "He was a good husband and a good father." It was some time after Betty found him--30 minutes--before she call the Golden Harvest headman and at least that much more time before an ambulance was called. That's pretty fishy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trivia:

Before he became famous, Bruce Lee worked at Ruby Chow’s restaurant in Seattle. Guess where Ted Bundy loved to eat? Yep. Ruby Chow’s. Bundy was a teenager at the time, but it’s possible that he ate there when Lee was on the staff.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-24-2019 at 01:17 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trivia:

Before he became famous, Bruce Lee worked at Ruby Chow’s restaurant in Seattle. Guess where Ted Bundy loved to eat? Yep. Ruby Chow’s. Bundy was a teenager at the time, but it’s possible that he ate there when Lee was on the staff.
    Damn.
    Bruce should have kicked his ass.
    Bet he could've, too.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Damn.
    Bruce should have kicked his ass.
    Bet he could've, too.
    Oh, yeah. Bundy was a chicken ass who attacked women with a crowbar from behind or while sitting in his car. Of course, Bundy hadn't killed yet or was way under the radar in those days.

As has been pointed out, for a brief time, Roman Polanski and the cops suspected Bruce of killing Sharon and the others because he lived near their house and a pair of black-framed glasses left by the killers to confuse the detectives.

If he had been a guest there that night, could he have saved the others? IDK. He was not afraid of confrontation. But apparently neither was Sebring. Except in some movies, a gun is quicker than a chop and a kick.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh, yeah. Bundy was a chicken ass who attacked women with a crowbar from behind or while sitting in his car. Of course, Bundy hadn't killed yet or was way under the radar in those days.

As has been pointed out, for a brief time, Roman Polanski and the cops suspected Bruce of killing Sharon and the others because he lived near their house and a pair of black-framed glasses left by the killers to confuse the detectives.

If he had been a guest there that night, could he have saved the others? IDK. He was not afraid of confrontation. But apparently neither was Sebring. Except in some movies, a gun is quicker than a chop and a kick.
    Wow - I didn't know that Bruce had ever been a suspect!
    And who knows what might have happened had he been there.

If the people in the home thought it was just going to be a robbery, they might not have resisted being restrained; and it's over at that point.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Wow - I didn't know that Bruce had ever been a suspect!
    And who knows what might have happened had he been there.

If the people in the home thought it was just going to be a robbery, they might not have resisted being restrained; and it's over at that point.
    There's lots of ifs.

Has anyone seen the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood trailer? It's pretty interesting, especially Brad Pitt. Lol. From the videos I've seen of Bruce, especially the Be Like Water, the guy who portrays him is spot on. It uncanny.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD