Thread: Serial killer Harvey Glatman

SEL2323 Guest

Serial killer Harvey Glatman

Serial killer Harvey Glatman is executed in a California gas chamber for murdering three young women in Los Angeles. Resisting all appeals to save his life, Glatman even wrote to the appeals board to say, "I only want to die."
    Glatman had been a smart kid. As a Boy Scout, he developed an obsession with rope. When his parents noticed that he was strangling himself on occasion, they took him to a doctor who told them that it was just a phase and that he would grow out of it. As a teenager, he threatened a girl with a toy gun in Colorado. Skipping bail, he made his way to New York, where he later spent two years and eight months in Sing Sing prison on robbery charges.
    Following his release, Glatman moved to Los Angeles and opened up a television repair shop. He took up photography as a hobby, in addition to playing with ropes. On August 1, 1957, he combined these two interests in a sinister way. On the pretense of a freelance modeling assignment, Glatman lured 19-year-old Judy Ann Dull to his apartment, where he raped her and then took photos of her, bound and gagged. He then drove her out to the desert east of Los Angeles and strangled her to death with his favorite rope. By the time Dull's body was found, there were no clues linking the crime to Glatman.
    Back in Los Angeles, Glatman posted the pictures of Dull on his walls and became further obsessed with rape and murder. His next victim was Shirley Ann Bridgeford, whom he also strangled to death in the desert. In July 1958, Glatman struck again, following the same twisted procedure. But in October, his luck ran out.
    Lorraine Vigil, who answered one of Glatman's modeling ads, was driving with him to his studio when she noticed that he was heading out of the city. She began to struggle with Glatman, who pulled out a pistol and tried to tie her hands. After being shot through the hip, Vigil was able to wrestle the gun away from him. In the ensuing struggle, they both tumbled out of the car--just as a police officer drove past.
    Glatman was arrested and confessed to the three murders, seeming to delight in recounting his sadistic crimes. His trial lasted a mere three days before he was sent off to San Quentin to die.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    The pictures he took were so bizarre. They look completely posed, which they were, but to realize that they were minutes before the girls' deaths makes them ultra creepy. Let's see if I can find them.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Here we go. Shamlessly lifted from Bedlam Asylum.

SEL2323 Guest
    oh wow. i had never seen those before. thats so creepy and terrible. how does someone do that? i dont understand it.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    He claimed he was a photographer working for pulp magazines like True Detective and such, I do believe. That's how he convinced the girls to let him tie them up.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    We need to bump this thread, SEL, it's a fascinating case.

Lisamarie Guest
    Wow!!! Thanks for the pics! Amazing !Not to sound to weird but that is moments before they are going to die!!! Amazing!!! Great pics thanks for posting! God so they found these at his house or what?? And all these woman were for sure his victims??

Lisamarie Guest
    Poor ladies! Anyone else find those pics scary as hell!!

travnut Guest

Unhappy

I can't even imagine the fear those ladies must have been feeling.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    A couple of his victims he took out into the desert to take the pictures. He also told them to "look scared" before they realized what was really going on.

shannond888 Guest
    My husband's cousin was Shirley Ann Bridgeford. To this date, her children do not know she was murdered. I have some family pictures of her. I will try to get them online for you Monday.

Lisamarie Guest
    Wow awesome!! Thats amazing! I would love to see those pics of her!

Maruz83 Guest
    Gees that's freakin' CREEPY !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shannond888 View Post
    My husband's cousin was Shirley Ann Bridgeford. To this date, her children do not know she was murdered. I have some family pictures of her. I will try to get them online for you Monday.
    Hi, Shannon.

Welcome to the board!

Here is a detailed story of this horrible person.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...ppeared_1.html
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

ykä Guest
    I like this guy. It would be an honor to be murdered by him! xDD

primescore Guest
    Well, that is crazy. I'm glad they killed the bastard.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Hey thats kinda cool. The pictures are so gothic and wicked looking I love them.

tydtm Guest
    interesting...gross...

we're death hags! we're all demented, yeah!

Lisamarie Guest
    I saw these pics in some death scene book a long time ago....and this stupid guy walked up and said a pretty girl should not be looking at such filth..I was likE PISS OFF!! Anyway the pics are fasinating !! poor girls! What a way to go.....