Thread: Fred Tokars

SEL2323 Guest

Fred Tokars

This murder was really big news here in GA. It happened in the early 90's. Fred Tokars was a lawyer in Atlanta and I can actually still remeber his commercials from TV. TOKARS & TOKARS or something like that. Anyway - this was on American Justice I believe or maybe City Confidential...anywho here is the jist of it....
    http://www.law.uga.edu/academics/pro...24lessons.html

ApricotRoses Guest
    I read the true crime book on this story. What a monster he is.

southerngothic Guest
    Oh yeah, he was a former atty w/ the Fulton County DAs office (as was, Nancy Grace, what kind of monsters is that place putting out there!) then went into private practice. I met one of Saras sisters not long after Fred got put away. She had 6 or 7 sisters, all looked alike.
    Anyways, Fred Tokars is evil to the bone. He knew his kids would be there when it went down, he knew their mother would be murdered in front of them.

I thought this was going to be about a new kinda roach clip......
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I thought this was going to be about a new kinda roach clip......
    roflmao nope just another roach lol

Speaking of. I'll have to see if the article is still up, but I read in The AJC this morning that old Fred has been ratting people out for a decade or so. He has put one in prison and another on death row. Why? He wants to leave a positive legacy for his two sons, who will have absolutely nothing to do with him.

He has become a devoted Jew, with long hair and beard and spends his time in a cell at an unknow location in the Federal Witness program.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/notorio...-witnes/nTFKt/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Cindy, you're my hero! Thanks for posting this link. We kinda mentioned him some in another thread and I've been really curious what he has been doing with himself for the past two decades. I'm not surprised that little rat is a snitch. He better watch his back well. I'm sure there are plenty of guys in there who would be thrilled to shank a snitch and it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. I'm not surprised that his sons washed their hands of him. I think that was a good call on their part. That other article linked that interviews her sons is very good. Thank you again for posting this!
    Last edited by Mammy; 11-25-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Wow. Tokars' friend, Alan Bell, states, "Life hasn't gone his way." False. His life TOTALLY went his way when he had his wife killed by someone else, in front of the boys. Seems it's all about Fred, Fred, Fred, still to this day. Since Tokars still doesn't admit guilt or wrongdoing, he's likely never said I'M SORRY to his sons, who so rightfully deserve an apology. Until then, all the legal do-good showboating in the world won't get his sons to respond to Daddy's letters. Yes, Fred: your life DID go your way, and part of the cost of having your wife murdered is your sons knowing better than having anything to do with you. A smart mensch like yourself oughta be able to figure that out. (can you tell I'm pissed off a little)
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    roflmao nope just another roach lol
    Clever! Sadly, cockroaches seem to live forever...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Mammy Guest
    Yep, it's all still about poor old Fred. I was surprised to read in the article that he is confined to a wheelchair now. Some of the reader's comments on the linked article were livid that the news gave him the time of day. I agree with them. I guess if there is no news to report, they make their own. He could do a hundred good deeds a day and it wouldn't make up for taking Sara's life, traumatizing his two little boys, and leaving Sara's family to grieve for her for the rest of their lives. The only good deed he could do that would be doing the world a favor is drop dead like Tom Capano did. I don't like the media giving attention to people like Fred Tokars, Pam Smart, Wes Shermantine, Darlie Routier, Drew Peterson, and Christian Longo. I would rather they all think that the whole world has forgotten them and doesn't give a damn what's going on with them.

I'm amazed that you can't find more information on this case. This was published yesterday

Sara's two sons were raised by their grandparents in Florida before heading off to college. Rick, now 26, is studying to be a paramedic in California, while Mike, now 24, is an aspiring journalist in New York.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Sara Tokars murder 20 years later

So if Rick Tokars went to highschool in Florida and is in Univerisity in California, could this be him?
    https://www.facebook.com/rick.tokars

Also here's a Michael Tokars arrested in Florida 3 years ago who is the exact same age. http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/M...okars_3497111/
    Last edited by beep; 11-27-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Seagorath Guest
    This shocked the shit out of me when it happened. Was on the news every week for like 2 or 3 years.