Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Treadwell - The Grizzly Man

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    i just recently learned about this guy and its very sad that two bears had to die because of him. i really think he would have not wanted that to happen. i do understand why they did it though. when i watched his movie last night, there were two parts that disturbed me, i was fore warned about the bear poop scene so it didnt bother me as much as it did when he got upset someone had wrote a message to him on a piece of log. that person was honestly just being friendly and he was seeing as a sign that someone was out to hurt him. i was like really? with him being surrounded by bears and he was only worried about people finding him. seriously? the other part that disturbed me was when the ex gf jewel got his watch from the guy and she put it on like it was nothing. i dont know why it bothered me but it did. i felt her emotions about getting the watch were a little weird, that watch was attached to an arm that was once living. i guess its the knowing how the watch was found that bothered me. can you imagine just looking for what happened and stumbling upon just a hand with a watch on it? omg i would flip. i wonder if the people who found them need counseling after seeing such a horrible scene like that.
    At least they didn't pull it out of the poop. Doubt you could ever get the band clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    At least they didn't pull it out of the poop. Doubt you could ever get the band clean.

It would be a great Timex commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    i just recently learned about this guy and its very sad that two bears had to die because of him. i really think he would have not wanted that to happen. i do understand why they did it though. when i watched his movie last night, there were two parts that disturbed me, i was fore warned about the bear poop scene so it didnt bother me as much as it did when he got upset someone had wrote a message to him on a piece of log. that person was honestly just being friendly and he was seeing as a sign that someone was out to hurt him. i was like really? with him being surrounded by bears and he was only worried about people finding him. seriously? the other part that disturbed me was when the ex gf jewel got his watch from the guy and she put it on like it was nothing. i dont know why it bothered me but it did. i felt her emotions about getting the watch were a little weird, that watch was attached to an arm that was once living. i guess its the knowing how the watch was found that bothered me. can you imagine just looking for what happened and stumbling upon just a hand with a watch on it? omg i would flip. i wonder if the people who found them need counseling after seeing such a horrible scene like that.

Reb, which movie is this? I thought I had seen it but don't remember those parts...

RebelRocker Guest
    grizzly man

Mr International Guest
    I've watched the movie, the GM diaries, and read every available book about Treadwell. A good guy but a seriously depressed and confused individual who based his importance in life as how close he could get to those bears.

If this guy could have conquered his inner demons he may not have been killed, and maybe went on to better things for himself and the animals. But this guy was out there, he really thought that if a bear ate him, he'd be part of that world forever. Really what he became was a benchmark of how not to behave around wild animals. Even one of his favorite bears (Letterman) was killed because of his death.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Reb, which movie is this? I thought I had seen it but don't remember those parts...
    I also thought this was a reference to Grizzly Man but I do not remember a scene where the ex gets his watch in that particular movie. There is a very funny parody on youtube of Grizzly Man where an ex gets his belongings including a cd and a cooler which still has cold drinks in it! The Herzog parody and "Age of Aquarius" dance montage at the end make it one of the funniest parodies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melisscious View Post
    I also thought this was a reference to Grizzly Man but I do not remember a scene where the ex gets his watch in that particular movie. There is a very funny parody on youtube of Grizzly Man where an ex gets his belongings including a cd and a cooler which still has cold drinks in it! The Herzog parody and "Age of Aquarius" dance montage at the end make it one of the funniest parodies I've ever seen.

*LMAO* Better than a can of bear repellant

Ok I found this video. I am dying!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiwhB38M1A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Melisscious View Post
    I had already seen "Grizzly Man Diaries" which I thought was "the movie" It's not. Watch "Grizzly Man" for the ex getting the watch, bear crap scenes & more craziness from TT.
    The end when TT & Amy is actually filmed with the bear they think killed them? Bizarre.

*LMAO* Better than a can of bear repellant

Ok I found this video. I am dying!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiwhB38M1A
    Omg. I laughed my arse off! Lol @ the narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Omg. I laughed my arse off! Lol @ the narrator.
    L - the narrator (Herzog) has a lot of stuff out there on TT. He's hilarious. I loved the Aquarius montage as well.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

read a elk hunter and his sons were charged by a grizzly in yellowstone recently.article said they sprayed it twice before he shot it.

about the performance i expected out of "bear repellent".
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

I was looking for something else on the internet, and came across the website at the link below. It appears to be authentic and contains information I haven't read about before. It also talks about the fact that there is now fake audio floating around the internet that supposedly captured the last minutes of Tim and Amie's life. But the real audio is owned by Tim's friend Jewel and she said she would NEVER release it. In fact, I heard at one point that she had already destroyed the tape. In any event, I found the additional information that has since surfaced and is discussed at this website to be very interesting. Check it out at:

http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/Tim_Treadwell.html
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I was looking for something else on the internet, and came across the website at the link below. It appears to be authentic and contains information I haven't read about before. It also talks about the fact that there is now fake audio floating around the internet that supposedly captured the last minutes of Tim and Amie's life. But the real audio is owned by Tim's friend Jewel and she said she would NEVER release it. In fact, I heard at one point that she had already destroyed the tape. In any event, I found the additional information that has since surfaced and is discussed at this website to be very interesting. Check it out at:

Thanks Geeky! This story still fascinates me.

Seagorath Guest
    At least Grizzly Adams didn't get killed.

I prefer Grizzly Adams over Grizzly Treadwell.

I heard at one point that she had already destroyed the tape.
    booooo... doesn't this person realize how much WE wanna hear it? selfish much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJiOZdAWco hmmm apparently she did destroy it.

Just found this some say it's fake some say it's real that the voice matches up to his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9lCkFygaaQ
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-13-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Sgt. Pepper Guest
    I think I heard that she did not destroy the tape, instead she has it stored in a safety deposit box.

Subject_B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Just found this some say it's fake some say it's real that the voice matches up to his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9lCkFygaaQ
    That audio has too many voices/people. You hear a distant male voice, a distant female voice and a person very obviously blowing into the mic, and that is the person closest to the mic that's picking up the audio.

From what I've gathered, the audio should either have come from the remote mic Tim was wearing {thus he would be the dominant audio level on the recording} or from the camera, which was located in the camera bag at the campsite and likely would have been protected from the the gale-force winds we're supposedly hearing.

I also note a distant lack of real "nature sounds" that you'd expect to hear. No leaves blowing, no branches creaking, nothing rustling on the ground, no splat of rain on dried leaves, no crickets or night birds or frogs, etc.

I can't think of any situation where {like at 37-38seconds} where the "wind" or "air" would stop, "gasp" and then continue. Or stop, catch its breath and continue {like 48-49s, 57-58s, 1:10-1:13, 1:24}, or pant/wheeze {1:05, 1:16, 1:19, 1:32, 1:38, 1:40}.

There's also no "short conversation" between the first {where Amy screams to "play dead"} and second attack {where Amy screams to "fight back"} and the reported audio duration should be just about 6 minutes.

Looks like someone else already took it to task, too.

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Timo...orded_in_2003)
    Last edited by Subject_B; 01-14-2014 at 12:54 AM.

If they could have tossed a 12 pack of Charmin TP at the bear they would still be alive.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Seagorath Guest
    I seem to recall hearing a portion of this audio on a television special once. Isn't there a snippet of it available?

Of him being eaten? No.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I seem to recall hearing a portion of this audio on a television special once. Isn't there a snippet of it available?
    From Wikipedia:

In Grizzly Man, Herzog listens to the recording on headphones (leaving it unheard on the film's soundtrack) and then urges Palovak to destroy it. In the follow-up mini-series, The Grizzly Man Diaries, Palovak admits she still owns the tape but has not listened to its contents and says she hopes she never does. Herzog has stated that Palovak later "separated herself from the tape" by putting it in a bank vault.

When Herzog is listening to the recording on headphones, I could hear a little background noise which could have been coming from the tape. This might be the snippet you are thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I think I heard that she did not destroy the tape, instead she has it stored in a safety deposit box.
    Yes, Pepper, you are correct based on what Wikipedia reports.
    Last edited by geekygirl; 01-21-2014 at 12:02 PM.

It will not be anything special. Just the usual being eaten by a bear vocalization.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    It will not be anything special. Just the usual being eaten by a bear vocalization.

Yes. Let me give you a sample................ " AAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!! " You're welcome.

nom nom nom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

His last scream was ( damn, maybe I was wrong) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

If they could have tossed a 12 pack of Charmin TP at the bear they would still be alive.
    OMG. Hahaha!

All kidding aside, thanks for the link. Interesting read.

jsnerch Guest
    Heard on the tape: Just take the picnic basket and go!

Hey Booboo, don't forget the chick(en)

I love watching Grizzly Man, it is so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post

My husband loves the part where he tells off the park service and acts all butch and everything. It completely cracks him up.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

When the news of Steve's death broke, I found out that there were quite a few death hags working with me......We LOLed all day long about Steve dying the way he did and of course Treadwell was brought up........We laughed all damn week @ both of them......By the way I was working @ A. G. Edwards and sons, inc......A financial institution for Christ Sakes.....

*******Hangs head in shame*********CTFU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... or a carton of Chobani Honey Yogurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABxP3t7XP3g
    Last edited by geekygirl; 02-04-2014 at 11:02 AM.

this guy could be the next Treadwell

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06...n_5509034.html

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    My favorite bit is when he goes nuts over the poop. He was crazier than a shit house rat and it's absolutely amazing he lived as long as he did.

Help an aging brain out here. Who was the guy who did the age of Aquarius montage based on Timmy Treadwell. The hilarious one of this guy dressed up in phoney bear suits running through a park? Pleeeeze?
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Help an aging brain out here. Who was the guy who did the age of Aquarius montage based on Timmy Treadwell. The hilarious one of this guy dressed up in phoney bear suits running through a park? Pleeeeze?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiwhB38M1A

The Age of Aquarius starts at 8:00 it looks like the original post came from a German language site called http://www.travisandjonathan.com/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I had not seen that vid. That's funny.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 10-17-2016 at 04:58 PM.

41. 10-17-2016, 01:38 PM

A friend of mine who knows that I used to live in Alaska and miss it sometimes sent me this link.    You can watch all sorts of animals, but I love the bears the most.    I don't think we would have been able to witness Tim's demise, but its pretty awesome to see these bears.  Y'all should check it out.

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/...ar-salmon-cams
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Herzog's full doc is now on Youtube - still fascinating to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zSCKccTWoE

Holy shit that was funny! I never actually watched the documentary but my best friend has and she said "This guy was so annoying, about halfway through I was thinking, when's the bear gonna hurry up and eat this guy?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Umm under videos you may like on U tube is the last moments of Timothy Treadwell. Sound only of course. Oh yes I had to listen. After reading above posts I think it is fake. I hope it is fake. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Umm under videos you may like on U tube is the last moments of Timothy Treadwell. Sound only of course. Oh yes I had to listen. After reading above posts I think it is fake. I hope it is fake. Yikes.
    I can recall hearing a sound recording years ago. I suppose I have no way of knowing whether it was legit or not.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks cindyt. Wow.

You're welcome. Wow is the word all right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love digging up old threads!

Everything has been said above about this guy. Yes, I watched "Grizzly Man" at least twice. During the first lockout. The pleasure of melancholy for which the Portuguese have the word "Saudade".

I share the advice that his friends, those who were shown in the film, were wackos too.

My two cents: that lunatic was invited into schools to brainwash kids with his bullshit, can you believe this? Once again, parents paying taxes and/or fees so that their children be brainwashed by lunatics and ideologists that they would never allow near their kids otherwise. In 2021, Treadwell's dead and swallowed and undigested and cremated but teachers and schools can still get away with brainwashing children.

J.

I have lived here in Canada since 1966 one thing
    to remember: bears are scary.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.