Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robert Palmer

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    didn't todd rundgren do "Can We Still Be Friends"?

And Rod Stewart, too on the LP Infatuation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Love Robert Palmer.. he's the guy who's bones I secretly wanted to jump in the 80's and yeah I would have taken someone out to be one of the Palmer girls!..and this song..somehow watching that video again he doesn't seem all that sorry..or surprised he turned her on! LOL
    I will admit, Snoopy, that it was no secret I wanted to jump his bones!!!

"I Didn't Mean to Turn You On" was all over MTV and the radio in the fall of my freshmen year of college. Several of us would get a little tipsy, blow a lil' smoke, and skin into those black dresses, put on our stilettos and paint on our glossy red lips and ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!! I know of several boyfriends that totally appreciated our performances, because if Robert Palmer didn't show for our gig, well, all that **shivers** energy had to go somewhere....

Yeah, he was pretty hot:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Didn't that skank Shania Twain use one of his songs...well not the song but it was almost Idential to the background he used in one of his songs??
    Yes for Man, I feel like a woman.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I loved him! I was heartsick when I heard he died. He went way too soon!

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    And Rod Stewart, too on the LP Infatuation!!

Love Rod and Robert's "can we still be friends"

I'm a die hard Rod Stewart Fan

Robert Palmer

Forgive me if there is a thread, but I searched and could not find one.

Robert Allen Palmer (19 January 1949 â?? 26 September 2003), born in Batley, Yorkshire, was a Grammy Award-winning English singer-songwriter.[1] He was known for his distinctive voice and the eclectic mix of musical styles on his albums, combining soul, jazz, rock, pop, reggae and blues. He found success both in his solo career and in the supergroup Power Station, and had Top 10 songs in both the US and the UK. His iconic music videos for the hits "Simply Irresistible" and "Addicted to Love", featured identically dressed dancing women with pale faces, dark eye makeup and bright red lipstick, which resembled the women in the art of Patrick Nagel, an artist popular in the 1980s.[1] Sharp-suited, his involvement in the music industry commenced in the 1960s, covered five decades and included a spell with Vinegar Joe.[1][2]

Palmer, who made his home in Lugano, Switzerland, for his last 15 years, was in Paris, France when he died of a sudden heart attack on 26 September 2003. He was 54 years old. He is interred at the cemetery in Lugano.
    In October 2004, newspapers reported on the struggle for Palmer's estate, worth an estimated £30 million ($46 million), between Mary Ambrose and Palmer's five children. Ambrose claimed Palmer had changed his will to favour Ambrose.[8] According to commentators at AbsoluteRadio.co.uk, the courts denied Ms Ambrose's claim as without merit and gave her only $20,000 in compensation with the remainder of the estate divided amongst Palmer's five children.[9]
    On her All The Best compilation album, Palmer's Switzerland neighbour Tina Turner added a live version of "Addicted to Love" in tribute to him.

Cool song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NV_K4o4f_Q

DeLite66 Guest
    OMG!!! I did not even know he had died..hell, I remember riding around and listening to Addicted to Love in 1985....as a matter of fact, the person who I was riding around and listening to it with ended up being my husband and father to my daughter. Wow! where was I at when Palmer died? I am truly sorry that I am just now finding out...he was a great artist who was very talented..thanks for memories.

Very nice looking, loved his voice.

Mammy Guest
    I loved listening to his songs while I cruised town in my '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme in 1985. I get excited to this day when anything of his comes on the radio. It is sad that he died so young. Another happy memory from my teen years gone.

DeLite66 Guest
    Ah yes...mammyofthree...we must be very close in age...I can remember those times oh so well....seems like it was only a couple of years ago doesnt it? where has the time gone?? I would love to go back and relive my youth..those were the good times and we did not even know it

walts_loving_wife Guest
    Well, I must have been living under a rock! I had no idea he was dead. The videos were awesome, and the ones of us who bitched about the women in the videos were the ones of us who were jealous that we couldn't rock a black mini dress like that!

Mammy Guest
    Yes, DeLite, we had it made and didn't even know it. I know now what people meant when they said that youth is wasted on the young. You just don't appreciate it while you are living it and now it is gone. I will be 43 in a week. I thought that I knew everything when I was a teenager and now I don't know much of anything!

Never was really a big fan but was shocked when I heard he had died, I always thought he looked older than most singers back then and got soo sick of seeing his videos but hey that's me anywho RIP MR. Palmer

Someone created an interpretation of what Robert might look like now. Got kind of choked-up looking at this. I've seen so many variations of what Marilyn may've looked like had she lived into middle-age, they're all horrible! For whatever reason, they chose to retain her 1950's coiffure and make-up, although she frequently modified the way she wore her hair, especially during her final year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scary old Marilyn.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	55469

Had Robert stopped smoking and taken better care of his health, I believe he may've looked a lot like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robert Palmer A.I..jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	55468

I was never a fan of Marilyn's, but by what I have read she seemed relatively intelligent and I imagine in her later years she would have dressed in a more conservative way, appearing as your aunt or grandmother and not so much like that. I wonder if these were done by hand or with software?

That is a good rendition of Robert Palmer. I recognize in pics by his eyes.
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.