Thread: Janie Gibbs Murder Plot

SEL2323 Guest

Janie Gibbs Murder Plot

From Biography Channel
    "We all remember our first love. For Ellen Penny, in Cordele, Georgia, not a day has gone by in 37 years that she hasn't recalled her teenage sweetheart, Melvin Gibbs. In 1967 the two had talked of marriage. But Ellen's world was turned upside down when Melvin tragically died.

Melvin's mother, Janie Gibbs, was a deeply religious woman, a pillar of the community and for a while Ellen's best friend. The town shared her grief when one by one all five members of her family mysteriously died around her. From the insurance payouts, Janie donated generous sums to the church. However when toxicology tests were performed on the exhumed bodies, it was revealed that Janie had murdered them all.

For the first time on television, Ellen Penny tells her astonishing story and reveals the unwitting role she played in her boyfriend's murder. What's even more shocking is the real reason why Janie Gibbs, a southern housewife, became a killer. "

As Ellen was visiting her boyfriend in the hospital his mom said how he was really thirsty to give him some water, she handed her that water and ended up that Ellen UNKNOWINGLY gave him the dose of poison that killed him. How evil can you be!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Man I curse the day I decided to NOT to get Biography Channel.

Lita Guest
    How horrible for that poor woman that she unknowingly killed her boyfriend. I really hope she's working through that trauma. It's easy for me to say that she shouldn't hold herself responsible because she had no way of knowing what was really going on but I know I'd have some guilt if it were my in this situation. I do not leave my drinks unattended at bars. I'm okay with the waitress bringing me a drink that I ordered but I won't ever take a drink from a random person that just decides to bring me a drink. Those are things you hear about and look out for, somebody drugging your drink. I never would in my wildest dreams suspect my parent(s) of poisoning me. I bet this family had no clue.

**Jenna** Guest
    I love the Biography Channel. Don't have it now since we got rid of digital cable. I miss it.

stacebabe Guest
    I don't know how any mother could harm her child. If one of my kids falls down and gets a bruise, I'm distraught, let alone deliberatly cause them pain/suffering/death.

Mary Beth Tinning is a stellar example of a bad mother. Sounds to me like Janice Gibbs was right along side her.

Quote Originally Posted by SEL2323 View Post
    From Biography Channel
    "We all remember our first love. For Ellen Penny, in Cordele, Georgia, not a day has gone by in 37 years that she hasn't recalled her teenage sweetheart, Melvin Gibbs. In 1967 the two had talked of marriage. But Ellen's world was turned upside down when Melvin tragically died.

Melvin's mother, Janie Gibbs, was a deeply religious woman, a pillar of the community and for a while Ellen's best friend. The town shared her grief when one by one all five members of her family mysteriously died around her. From the insurance payouts, Janie donated generous sums to the church. However when toxicology tests were performed on the exhumed bodies, it was revealed that Janie had murdered them all.

For the first time on television, Ellen Penny tells her astonishing story and reveals the unwitting role she played in her boyfriend's murder. What's even more shocking is the real reason why Janie Gibbs, a southern housewife, became a killer. "

As Ellen was visiting her boyfriend in the hospital his mom said how he was really thirsty to give him some water, she handed her that water and ended up that Ellen UNKNOWINGLY gave him the dose of poison that killed him. How evil can you be!