Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christa Helm

Ok so I read this ENTIRE thread.
    and wowwww, some good stuff (except the murder) but i mean good as in leads on to who murdered the woman.
    My question is though (and don't pun me by saying i'm calling her a hoe or a prostitute) but are you sure Christa wasn't murdered by a female who she (Christa) could've previously been linked with?

burgtwngrl Guest
    Yes it's very likely

NewYorkDoll Guest
    shouldn't they have gotten results from patty by now? i saw the rebroadcast when she denied she was her but i thought it was her.

booksteve Guest

Talking New Christa Helm Blog is Up

If anyone still frequents this board, you might be interested in my new Christa Helm blog at http://christahelm.blogspot.com/. It is both a repository of my previous research into her tragic life, death and brief career as well as a place for new pieces such as the just-posted interview with the man who directed her only starring film.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Bookmarked it. Will keep up on it. I hope her killer is brought to justice soon

Lisamarie Guest
    me too it bothers me ! What the hell happened and why is it all but forgotten in Hollywood??

Lisamarie Guest
    boy she really was beautiful she had a certain look about her Im not sure what it was I mean not your typical beauty almost like Sharon Tate ....almost. I just wonder who did this and what was the reasoning ...what could she have possibly done ?

twist340 Guest
    how can i get to see this whole episode?i'd love to find out more about her.

bluebird14 Guest
    Lisamarie, you have an AMAZING thread! I havent heard this story before and now I am intregued...

This feels like a personal murder... I dont know...

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by twist340 View Post
    how can i get to see this whole episode?i'd love to find out more about her.

CBS News 48 HOURS MYSTERY broadcasts are now available on iTunes.com.

it also may be posted on the cbs site, at least part of it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4028703n

lisalouver Guest
    Just caught the updated 48 hours tonight.

If anyone has seen it, its pretty clear (to me anyway) that the Patti the police went and saw is not the same Patti. I know its been years, but WOW, she had no teeth, and looked to be living in squalor.

At the end of the show, Maureen Maher said that the detective said the DNA they took from Patti DID NOT match and that he in fact, no longer believes they ever had the right Patti anyhow.

She also said they continue to work the case.

This 48 hours was the first time I had ever heard of the case and I will concur with others that deserting her daughter to go off to Hollywood was horrible and there is no excuse for that behavior.

Still, that being said, I would like to see this case solved. I cannot agree with the elderly detective who swears she was murdered by Sal Mineos killer.

Hippo Guest
    I feel sorry for this woman the same as I would feel sorry for any murder victim. And I feel terrible for her poor daughter, who will grieve all her life for her lost momma.

However, I didn't find Christa all that interesting as a person, or as an actress. That one friend of hers said that her favorite saying was, "All's fair in love and war," which indicates to me that she probably played fast and loose in a lot of ways.

Nobody deserves to be murdered, but people who live high-risk lives certainly are tempting fate.

lisalouver Guest
    Agreed Hippo

The singer, Debbie Danilow, seems to me to know much more than she led on to knowing.

I am still not sure how they felt the one boyfriend of Christas, the black DJ guy fit in. (I forget his name, but hes dead now anyway)

A lot od unanswered questions for sure

Hippo Guest
    To Lisa:

I think the documentary over-played the "sex diary" angle. It sounds juicy, but I'm guessing there was another motive. Simple jealousy is a more compelling motive. With all of her sexual escapades, that sounds more likely. Or possibly she owed money, or had information about a crime?

I find it kind of hard to believe that she'd be murdered because she made notes on somebody being lousy in bed.

15. 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    To Lisa:

I think the documentary over-played the "sex diary" angle. It sounds juicy, but I'm guessing there was another motive. Simple jealousy is a more compelling motive. With all of her sexual escapades, that sounds more likely. Or possibly she owed money, or had information about a crime?

I find it kind of hard to believe that she'd be murdered because she made notes on somebody being lousy in bed.
    ITA - the sex diary sounds good for tv, but the fact that she probably slept with many peoples husbands and bfs, knew a bit about other things due to trying to sleep her way to the top ...

Jealously, age old seems a lot more plausable

I just saw this for the first time on 48 hours last Saturday. I had never heard of her before. Very sad that the case is still cold. With the DNA being a woman...I believe it was a jealous lover of hers or a woman that was jealous that she was sleeping with her boyfriend or husband. Very brutal attack. It had to be personal. I do believe that Christa would have never sent for her daughter. It interfered with her lifestyle and to be honest it was probably a good thing she was raised by someone else.

Just read about this for the first time also. Hell of a story!

Just saw the 48 Mystery about her. Not much of an actress, obviously she had other talents she used. I doubt this was a random murder or tied to that of Sal Mineo, this was personal.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    The Unsolved Murder of 1970's Hollywood Starlet Christa Helm - Page 1 of 5
    Hey you guys heres a new one ..my mom knew her and they went to the same parties...they are about to have a book and a movie come out about her...I have spoken to her daughter who wanted to know if my Mom was willing to talk about her at all..I also keep in touch with the writer who is in the middle of interviews and all sorts of stuff to bring the case to light. There is rumored to be 48 hours investigates on this..I let you know if my inside sources tell me when. I just think its both sad and sick a young beautful actress in knifed and no one knows anything...and with time she is all but forgotten......how can that be???

Hi Lisa Marie - I've been investigating Christa's case for over 7 years, and I'm currently writing a book about her life and murder. I would love to communicate with you about your mother's memories of Christa. Could you please shoot me an email at moviegeeksunited@yahoo.com so I can ask you a few questions? Thank you so much!

Jamey

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Looks like her. Thanks for sharing.
    I remember this episode, the blond is Lynda Day George. With Husband Christopher George.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	55476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab56a1b31f94b8ef598d3287599ddbe8.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	679.9 KB 
ID:	55477
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.