Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christa Helm

Lisamarie Guest

Christa Helm

The Unsolved Murder of 1970's Hollywood Starlet Christa Helm - Page 1 of 5
    Hey you guys heres a new one ..my mom knew her and they went to the same parties...they are about to have a book and a movie come out about her...I have spoken to her daughter who wanted to know if my Mom was willing to talk about her at all..I also keep in touch with the writer who is in the middle of interviews and all sorts of stuff to bring the case to light. There is rumored to be 48 hours investigates on this..I let you know if my inside sources tell me when. I just think its both sad and sick a young beautful actress in knifed and no one knows anything...and with time she is all but forgotten......how can that be???

I had never heard of her. Poor thing. She was beautiful.

WendyK Guest
    That's just horrible. I never had heard of her until now.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Wow she played hard. wonder why there was not a lot of coverage of her murder?

Lisamarie Guest
    They think she was messin with some underworld types and maybe some big time movie exceutives that type of thing. She sure was beautiful tho! Poor thing what a way to go.....

RaRaRamona Guest
    Lisa girl you always have the good stuff. Please do keep us updated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Psa8l2cNAA

I think she may be the blonde in this clip. She was very pretty.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

RoRo Guest
    Never had heard of her, this was a very interesting story

Mrs F Guest
    What a horribly sad story. Poor thing. Her poor daughter. I wonder why there was so little press coverage at the time?

Lisamarie Guest
    I know I always wonder the same thing!! Like its almost like they did all they could to keep it quiet!!! Very sad stuff!!! Thanks RARARAMoNA!! lOVE YA BABE!!! Thanks for the clip as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Psa8l2cNAA

I think she may be the blonde in this clip. She was very pretty.
    Looks like her. Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mrs. Watson Guest
    That just smacks of a cover-up, doesn't it?

She was gorgeous and I bet she'd be fun to hang out with.

1karenhb Guest
    Great story Lisamarie. I've never heard of her either. Who did it and why???

KarmaKat Guest
    What a fasinating and sad story. I hope they find something about what happened too her for her daughters sake. It must be horrid having to go through life not knowing like she has had to do.
    This story does have a slight MM feel about it though. Murder by Bedroom associate. Too much Pillow Talk?
    Please keep us informed Lisa and thanks for such a great story.

Lisamarie Guest
    I will for sure!@!! I let you guys knw when they air the 48 hrs on her..Im very intrested to see her daughter...she is very sweet and just wants answers to her mothers death...poor thing!

Lisamarie Guest
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]On Saturday, April 26, the CBS-TV news show 48 HOURS MYSTERY will devote an entire hour to the unsolved murder of film and TV starlet Christa Helm, who was brutally stabbed to death in Hollywood on February 12, 1977. This story has both interested and haunted me for several years, and for the past two and a half years, fellow journalist Steve Thompson, his wife Rene, and I have been diligently researching Christa's life for a book project that is currently in progress. Our research has been so comprehensive, in fact, that 48 Hours interviewed us extensively in preparation for the show.(Watch for our "Special Thanks" in the closing credits.

If you are interested in learning more about Christa Helm's brief, but fascinating life, I hope you will tune in to 48 HOURS MYSTERY next Saturday. A promo clip for the show can be viewed by clicking on the link below. (The clip follows a brief advertisement.)

Thanks very much and here's hoping that as a result of this show, the perpetrator (or perpetrators) of this terrible crime -- if they are still alive -- will finally be brought to justice.

Thanks very much.

John

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4028703n&channel=/sections/48hours/videoplayer3410.shtml
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Herers
    [/SIZE]

Lisamarie Guest
    Heres the info...everydeath hag watch!!!!! By watching we keep her memory alive!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thanks for the update girl. I'm watching for sure.

Lisamarie Guest
    me too girl!!! Deathhag date!! Lol!!!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I'm def going to watch this...really an interesting story.

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah did you see the pic of the crime scene?? Thats the very first time I ever have seen it!!! I had always wondered about what it looked like!!! Wow!! Cant wait!

ApricotRoses Guest
    Wow, had never heard of her, but now I'm hooked, this would make a great true crime book. Really makes you wonder why it was kept so quiet. I didn't read the whole thing, was she ever involved with any "mafia types?"

Lisamarie Guest
    Im not sure and I try to be careful what I ask her daughter I dont want to hurt her feelings you know....but she knew a lot of whos who of Hollywood and then she is knifed and forgotten..sound like a case of Bullshit to me!!!And to think whoever did it has gotten away with it for so long...scary man....

Jazbabee Guest
    Sounds like a whole lotta fuckery went on here - Thanks for the info, and I will be sure to watch !

Lisamarie Guest
    This Sat people be sure to watch!!!!! Just saw the tv spot!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm recording it. I can't wait to discuss!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    i'm watching it right now on 48 hrs; pretty interesting story. her daughter is really sincere and you can tell how much she misses her mom... doesn't seem to hold it against her that she left her behind to pursue her dream.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    i'm watching it right now on 48 hrs; pretty interesting story. her daughter is really sincere and you can tell how much she misses her mom... doesn't seem to hold it against her that she left her behind to pursue her dream.
    Ditto.....watching it now.....very interesting/captivating/tragic story.

Lisamarie Guest
    just got dont watching it I was amazed at all the new information they have....so they say the dna fron under her figernails was from a woman and boy she got around huh?? I know that sounds mean but it was the 70 afterall....anyone know where her body was found?? It still looked the same ...great story so intresting she was so sexy and beautiful

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    just got dont watching it I was amazed at all the new information they have....so they say the dna fron under her figernails was from a woman and boy she got around huh?? I know that sounds mean but it was the 70 afterall....anyone know where her body was found?? It still looked the same ...great story so intresting she was so sexy and beautiful
    lisamarie, are you going to talk to her daughter soon? ask her what she thought of the show...

Lisamarie Guest
    Im going to email her tonight, she looks a lot like her mother bless her heart I wonder who the friend was that raised her it must have been so hard for her poor thingt.

Lisamarie Guest
    oh and I never ever knew she had done work in a redcording studio I wonder what she was working on was it a record or something to do with a film project?????

undertaker Guest
    Sad story, take your pick, random botched street robbery, crazed drug dealer, actor who played mobster, jealous lesbian lover, jealous boyfriend, Famous hollywood type. Good luck solving it. No lack of suspects.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]On Saturday, April 26, the CBS-TV news show 48 HOURS MYSTERY will devote an entire hour to the unsolved murder of film and TV starlet Christa Helm, who was brutally stabbed to death in Hollywood on February 12, 1977. This story has both interested and haunted me for several years, and for the past two and a half years, fellow journalist Steve Thompson, his wife Rene, and I have been diligently researching Christa's life for a book project that is currently in progress. Our research has been so comprehensive, in fact, that 48 Hours interviewed us extensively in preparation for the show.(Watch for our "Special Thanks" in the closing credits.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you are interested in learning more about Christa Helm's brief, but fascinating life, I hope you will tune in to 48 HOURS MYSTERY next Saturday. A promo clip for the show can be viewed by clicking on the link below. (The clip follows a brief advertisement.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Thanks very much and here's hoping that as a result of this show, the perpetrator (or perpetrators) of this terrible crime -- if they are still alive -- will finally be brought to justice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Thanks very much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]John [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4028703n&channel=/sections/48hours/videoplayer3410.shtml[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Herers
    [/SIZE]
    Congratulations and good luck on your book project Lisamarie...I have no doubt that you will be very successful. How has married life been treating you?

1karenhb Guest
    Very interesting story. There seems to be 2 different women talked about here. The daughter acts like her mom could walk on water and the real story is the exact opposite, quite the ho and she left her daughter behind. I don't agree with the retired detective who thinks the guy who killed Sal Mineo killed Christa too. They can't find her lesbian lover to compare the DNA found. Hopefully they will find the killer even all all these years.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    There seems to be 2 different women talked about here. The daughter acts like her mom could walk on water and the real story is the exact opposite, quite the ho and she left her daughter behind.

I think the daughter just chooses to see the best in her Mom-- can't say I wouldn't be the same way.

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah I cant see the Sal Mino connection at all...I see the same day thing but I always kind of thought Sals murder was a gay killing...he got around and used rent boys and I just dont see who would kill Sal and a year to the day go kill her a lesser known actress....You know who I did not like was her sister. I just thought the whole she just threw me out of the apartment one night story was bullshit, Im sure there is more to it than that..also the I was more beautiful and I got more attention...I was like hmmmmm funny because Christa had actual credits and her sister as far as I can see had none. So out of the two of them I think she was the more popular as far as work..I dont know, she just did not paint such a good picture of her own sister, and seeing as how this was something to reopen her murder investgation and she really did not have anything nice to really say about her. Just made me think she seemed jelouse of her .....Also what about the involvment of the guy from the Sapranos??? I never heard that!!!

**Jenna** Guest
    I watched that Saturday night. It was really interesting. I had never heard of her before that. Didn't really like her sister.I did not see it from the very begginning,was that Christa's real daughter? Who's her father?

corncountychoppr Guest
    That was a very interesting show ..
    Its hard to believe that case went cold with all the characters
    involved in it... The guy who played Napoleon Dynamites Uncle
    hears the commotion ..but didnt see anything..and he knows who she is
    Pauly Walnuts.. lawyers up... and cant remember going through her stuff
    after she was killed.. She had some info that somebody wanted but was she killed for it? ...Her roomate is scared to talk
    There were too many stab wounds plus the blow to her to head
    to make this a random act of violence/robbery.
    I wonder who knew she was going to be at her agents that night or
    was she maybe followed there?
    I noticed rubber tire marks in front of her car in the crime photo
    Did someone peel the rubber off a car tires after the attack
    in a hurry to get away?.... that might have helped establish if
    the killer drove ..was driven or was just prowling by foot
    like Sal Mineos killer
    I hope they decided to convene a Grand Jury and supeona
    testimony from those who knew her.
    This was a very violent crime and she was killed with severe malice
    which makes me think ...she knew her killer.. (Where was OJ back then ?..lol)
    That Killer may be still around.
    Is this what happens when detectives retire or leave for other careers?
    Unsolved cases just get backfiled and forgotten..thats disturbing
    I hope there is closure to this .

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lisamarie Guest
    I know thats what always bothered me about this case is how forgotten she is ! I mean she was an up and coming starlet..she knew some big names..and they knew and anyone else notice how there is next to nothing online?? I just dont get that. I think she had to have been followed there by somone who knew she was at that party....I wonder if they talked to evreryone that night who had seen her at that party. I noticed the tire marks as well.........I cant see how someone got away that quickley the guy said her heard a screaming or a wailing and walked outside...and he never heard or sawa thing..so was someone there finishing her off.....man oh man wish I could see crime scenen photos!!!! Wonder if her eyes were open or shut.

corncountychoppr Guest
    Ya think ..the people that silenced her were so well connected
    that they could have the LAPD half ass investigate this until it went cold?
    One of the original Detectives left the force later on ..
    makes ya wonder was he incompetent or given a better opportunity
    outside law enforcement for his mishandling of the case?
    Why does he now try to connect to Sal Mineo's murder?
    You notice how she was lying by the car with the door open?
    Thats like a classic Mob hit...get them before they get in /out
    of the car.
    Did she have Jewels from the Shah of Iran and did he through his nightclub mafia friends have .. Sirico dispatched to LA to retrieve them?
    What about this Fashion guy who got her stuff from Sirico..
    Who was he connected to ?
    Lots of questions in this case pointing to many different scenarios
    Was the brutality of the murder from Passion or Hatred .
    Somebody wanted to make sure she was plenty dead

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah plenty dead is right!!! Also very personal too...her death was up close and personal..must have hurt like hell!!! Damn ! Wish I knew!!!!

malaki Guest
    She's stabbed so many times, in the road, yet nobodys seen anything??? odd to me...

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]On Saturday, April 26, the CBS-TV news show 48 HOURS MYSTERY will devote an entire hour to the unsolved murder of film and TV starlet Christa Helm, who was brutally stabbed to death in Hollywood on February 12, 1977. This story has both interested and haunted me for several years, and for the past two and a half years, fellow journalist Steve Thompson, his wife Rene, and I have been diligently researching Christa's life for a book project that is currently in progress. Our research has been so comprehensive, in fact, that 48 Hours interviewed us extensively in preparation for the show.(Watch for our "Special Thanks" in the closing credits.

If you are interested in learning more about Christa Helm's brief, but fascinating life, I hope you will tune in to 48 HOURS MYSTERY next Saturday. A promo clip for the show can be viewed by clicking on the link below. (The clip follows a brief advertisement.)

Thanks very much and here's hoping that as a result of this show, the perpetrator (or perpetrators) of this terrible crime -- if they are still alive -- will finally be brought to justice.

Thanks very much.

John

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4028703n&channel=/sections/48hours/videoplayer3410.shtml
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Herers
    [/SIZE]
    Wow. Let's Go For Broke looked like a movie I'd enjoy. She certainly beautiful and had that look. Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

WARNING: VIOLENCE! Man dramatizes Christa Helm's murder

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0srZ1txOa1I
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lisamarie Guest
    ummmmmmm wtf was that about???? Im scared and puzzled!!!!! Kid has some time onn his hands......If I was his mom I would be worried.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Her poor daughter - she either wants to believe the best about her mom or wants attention. I can't decide. The reason I'm torn is b/c her mom so obviously ditched her to live the high life. She slept around with anyone & everyone, & if she lived in a nice place & could afford to live the way she did, she could afford to have her daughter live with her. That is, if she wanted her there, which she obviously did not. How sad.

People seemed to act like they didn't know she had a daughter - why would some guy get all her stuff? Why didn't they send to her little girl?? Why was her sister living it up instead of caring for her niece? I thought it sounded weird when she said she call all the calls from the hot actors, too. But then I thought maybe Christa was too much drama & they did like her sis better. Or they'd had Christa & moved on to her sis.

Christa seems to me to have been a selfish star lover with minimal talent. Probably Debbie or the other singer whacked her. I'd love to know what's on those tapes!!!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Her poor daughter - she either wants to believe the best about her mom or wants attention. I can't decide. The reason I'm torn is b/c her mom so obviously ditched her to live the high life. She slept around with anyone & everyone, & if she lived in a nice place & could afford to live the way she did, she could afford to have her daughter live with her. That is, if she wanted her there, which she obviously did not. How sad.

People seemed to act like they didn't know she had a daughter - why would some guy get all her stuff? Why didn't they send to her little girl?? Why was her sister living it up instead of caring for her niece? I thought it sounded weird when she said she call all the calls from the hot actors, too. But then I thought maybe Christa was too much drama & they did like her sis better. Or they'd had Christa & moved on to her sis.

Christa seems to me to have been a selfish star lover with minimal talent. Probably Debbie or the other singer whacked her. I'd love to know what's on those tapes!!!
    Yeah that's how she seemed to me .I didn't catch it from the beggining who did her daughter live with?

1karenhb Guest
    A friend of Christa's. I'm with RaRa on this one. Why was 10 the magic number she could go and live with her mom? I don't think it would have happened. She was much too selfish to give up her lifestyle. This was not just a random killing. Someone was really p.o. at her. The neighbor who heard the noises stepped out on his porch to look and didn't see anything. The cop said if he had gone to the sidewalk, he would have seen her body.