Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32394041424350 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2772

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

Only on Zombies. I guess like you find at Wal Mart. The solution to the Walking Dead is to build a gigantic mall. All the Zombies would head there and then you could just blow it up.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Be afraid Mall of America. Very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Be afraid Mall of America. Very afraid.
    Lol
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've seen pics and vids of that huge mall. You could fit a lot of walkers in there.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

PurrPurr Guest
    Found this on my Facebook timeline earlier today. Whether it's real or not, another reason to watch the register AND your receipts!

THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

It happened at a Wal-Mart Supercenter a month ago.

I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it.
    She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor.

Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it! I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on the cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order.
    So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & rescan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic tab before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it.

The total came out right. the cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. (yeah, right!)

Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad wasn't defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning.
    Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My coworker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.

She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her.
    My coworker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!

My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her This is a new scam. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.

Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!

This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.

I am adding to this.... My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with a credit card. When my husband went to sign the credit card signer, he just happened to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it.
    We didn't think anything of it until we read this email.

I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????

BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!
    CHECK YOUR RECEIPT

Mammy Guest
    I saw that on Facebook, too. It sounds like a really easy way to rip people off. I won't be an easy mark because this old fossil pays for everything in cash.

pwem Guest
    Thanks for that warning, PurrPurr.

Why Mammy, you old dinosaur, still using money? I gotta admit I feel better when I pay with cash for some reason.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Thanks for that warning, PurrPurr.

Why Mammy, you old dinosaur, still using money? I gotta admit I feel better when I pay with cash for some reason.
    We have a debit card and use it to get cash out of our account to pay bills. We don't have to worry about anyone getting their paws on our card and spending our money. Most of our bills are local, so we pay in cash and walk out with a receipt in our hand.

Shame shame, walliemart.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I saw that on Facebook, too. It sounds like a really easy way to rip people off. I won't be an easy mark because this old fossil pays for everything in cash.
    Same here, and if I don't have enough green on me, my happy fat ass will find the nearest ATM before going into Wally.

Mammy Guest
    The only ATM we use is at the credit union where our paychecks are direct deposited. I spend far less money when I have cash and see how much is left over after each purchase. That's why I don't like credit cards. It feels like spending someone else's money until the bill comes in the mail.

12. 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Found this on my Facebook timeline earlier today. Whether it's real or not, another reason to watch the register AND your receipts!

THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

It happened at a Wal-Mart Supercenter a month ago.

I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it.
    She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor.

Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it! I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on the cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order.
    So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & rescan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic tab before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it.

The total came out right. the cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. (yeah, right!)

Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad wasn't defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning.
    Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My coworker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.

She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her.
    My coworker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!

My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her This is a new scam. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.

Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!

This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.

I am adding to this.... My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with a credit card. When my husband went to sign the credit card signer, he just happened to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it.
    We didn't think anything of it until we read this email.

I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????

BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!
    CHECK YOUR RECEIPT
    I've seen this before, too. Mom sends me emails now and again that someone has sent her, warning of this and that. It's, I think, a variation on the old "killer in the backseat" theme. Usually the email also encourages the recipient to "send it to all of your friends"! My theory is that a TLA conducts these test to see how far such an email will propagate, or as a psych test on the masses. If a single cashier is pulling this she will eventually get caught. Rest assured it's not a Wal-Mart policy, even unofficial, to screw the customers**. If more than one person at the store is in on it, then it's a conspiracy and I can't tell you what to do about that.

**Except that Duck Dynasty merchandise crap. That's a bald attempt to defraud the customers.

Okay, so I was telling Sissy about some Walmarts paying their employees by a card. And she said they did not do that unless an employee did not have a bank account for direct deposit. She also said that no fees were charged at all and that it was the same at every store no matter where that store is located. She's been there over 20 years and a manager for most of it. Makes sense to me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The only ATM we use is at the credit union where our paychecks are direct deposited. I spend far less money when I have cash and see how much is left over after each purchase. That's why I don't like credit cards. It feels like spending someone else's money until the bill comes in the mail.
    I think the card (debit or credit either one) encourages you somehow to spend more money. I don't know why that is. In any event I have noticed that something (my spending habits, or inflation) has been eating at my savings, so I have been extraordinarily careful about how I use my debit card. I think maybe the card encourages a sort of thoughtlessness.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    I've seen this before, too. Mom sends me emails now and again that someone has sent her, warning of this and that. It's, I think, a variation on the old "killer in the backseat" theme. Usually the email also encourages the recipient to "send it to all of your friends"! My theory is that a TLA conducts these test to see how far such an email will propagate, or as a psych test on the masses. If a single cashier is pulling this she will eventually get caught. Rest assured it's not a Wal-Mart policy, even unofficial, to screw the customers**. If more than one person at the store is in on it, then it's a conspiracy and I can't tell you what to do about that.

**Except that Duck Dynasty merchandise crap. That's a bald attempt to defraud the customers.
    Funny you should mention Duck Dynasty. It is my three year old grandson's favorite show. He knows them all by name and is going to be Willie for Halloween.

This didn't happen to my husband and I at Walmart, but a grocery store. We were unloading our shopping cart onto the conveyor and were preoccupied with that. The cashier who was scanning our items asked my husband to reach behind him and get a bag of Chick O'Sticks laying at another cash register. He handed the open bag to her and we went back to unloading the cart and not paying much attention. We got about half way home and I looked at the receipt and lo and behold, we had been charged for a bag of Chick O'Sticks. I knew we didn't buy them ourselves because we both think they are nasty. It wasn't much money, it's just the idea of her taking advantage of people not paying close attention and it made me wonder how many times she had got away with it before. I hope that scamming bitch choked on them.

I've been driving that killer around in my back seat for years. He won't just 'get it over with'. He keeps making me drive through McDonald's for a McRib, even though they are seasonal. He swears he'll kill me after he gets a decent meal.

PurrPurr Guest

That pic is altogether wrong! We have white retirees who shop here, apparently for fun, but they do shop here. The ones using the electric carts for no reason are invariably young black people, at least at my store. I don't know why that is.

PurrPurr Guest
    From the good people at Walmart

21. 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
    Reason
    Spam

I would guess irrational dietary rules are in the crosshairs now.

haha @ the ham

I picked my dad up from having his hip replaced today and we had to make an outing to Target to get him a few things to help while he recovers. I asked him if he wanted to use the cart but he was too embarrassed to use it. He did have his cane and I let him push the shopping basket for some support but it was just funny how some people have put a stigma on riding those things. My mom did it once after she had her knee replaced and I laughed at her when she backed up and it beeped. She never did again. She said people looked down on her and did not like the way they looked at her at all. Maybe because she is a little overweight and people just thought she was being lazy.

radiojane Guest
    Sounds like my grandma when she insisted the walker we bought her was just for grandpa. (until she grabbed ahold of her 90 year old sister for the support she needed and they both nearly fell down).

There is a HUGE stigma, and it's usually related to obesity epidemic. How many times do you see a thin person using those carts? Not often. Whether the injury and immobility caused the weight problem or vice versa, most people don't look and think "Oh, they're unable to walk the store", they think "Fatty can't be bothered". Some winners say it out loud.

I for one would be mortified to use one for that very reason. I've seen first hand what comes out of people's minds and mouths. Particularly in a wal mart.

Never used one at Wally, but I have at Kroger. When you can't walk it you can't walk it, and I don't give two poos what people think.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    haha @ the ham

I picked my dad up from having his hip replaced today and we had to make an outing to Target to get him a few things to help while he recovers. I asked him if he wanted to use the cart but he was too embarrassed to use it. He did have his cane and I let him push the shopping basket for some support but it was just funny how some people have put a stigma on riding those things. My mom did it once after she had her knee replaced and I laughed at her when she backed up and it beeped. She never did again. She said people looked down on her and did not like the way they looked at her at all. Maybe because she is a little overweight and people just thought she was being lazy.

Funny you brought that up; when I injured one of my knees in 2011, I had to use a walker while I was recovering. When I went to Wally one day to get a few things, I just took a regular cart and tossed my walker in it instead of using the motorized cart. It was painful to walk, but I did it for a few reasons: 1) I was encouraged by the physical therapist to move much as possible, 2) there wasn't a place on the motorized cart to put my walker and I wasn't about to leave it anywhere it could get stolen, and 3) there are a lot of older/disabled people who come to that particular store, so out of courtesy, I leave motorized carts for them (unfortunately, not many able-bodied people share this same mentality).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5448.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	49127

If Walmart is as horrible to their employees as people seem to think they are, then why am I having such a hard time quitting?? Lol…
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

29. 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM

PurrPurr Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5448.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	49127

Probably the best reason I'm avoiding Wally for ANY reason until after the New Year.

Probably the best reason I'm avoiding Wally for ANY reason until after the New Year.
    My local friends told me they dealt with that this year. Not sure which town that pic is from. But from what they tell me, it could be any Walliemart anywhere.

I always try to avoid them. But sometimes in this town, they're the only place nearby that has a necessary item. *sigh

I definitely steer clear of them between the end of November until mid January unless there's a household emergency and nothing else is open. I try to go at night when that happens. We get a lot of homeless in there during winter too. Not just stealing food but wallets and asking for rides to places. Below 0 and not knowing that was coming creates that situation with the transients. Let em in your car though and you might as well kiss it, your wallet and possibly your life goodbye.

Some steal bags of groceries out of carts and run too. Many are caught when they go sliding across the ice on their asses though. Jail cites them and releases them. No three hots and a cot for that crime in this town. The cops are wise to that scam the criminals used to treat as a win win.

They usually beat it for warmer climates once that sinks in, stealing unprotected cars in the parking lot then. Cops let em get to a border state and call it in so the other state gets to deal with it. The person usually getting their car back sans intact ignition.

Today I learned something interesting about Walmart. Apparent the pharmacy and vision center are on a different type of payroll system than the rest of the store. Today I went to our local Walmart with my parents. Heard several employees complaining about how they had to work on Thanksgiving while the employees at the pharmacy/vision center had the day off and were able to enjoy the entire day with their families since both departments were closed that day. Then again this may be policy at the other stores since I was talking to my cousin who lives in Pennsylvania who works for Target part time. He was telling me that no matter how short staffed the store is they can't pull anyone out of the pharmacy even if that department is over staffed.

My local friends told me they dealt with that this year. Not sure which town that pic is from. But from what they tell me, it could be any Walliemart anywhere.

I always try to avoid them. But sometimes in this town, they're the only place nearby that has a necessary item. *sigh

I definitely steer clear of them between the end of November until mid January unless there's a household emergency and nothing else is open. I try to go at night when that happens. We get a lot of homeless in there during winter too. Not just stealing food but wallets and asking for rides to places. Below 0 and not knowing that was coming creates that situation with the transients. Let em in your car though and you might as well kiss it, your wallet and possibly your life goodbye.

Some steal bags of groceries out of carts and run too. Many are caught when they go sliding across the ice on their asses though. Jail cites them and releases them. No three hots and a cot for that crime in this town. The cops are wise to that scam the criminals used to treat as a win win.

They usually beat it for warmer climates once that sinks in, stealing unprotected cars in the parking lot then. Cops let em get to a border state and call it in so the other state gets to deal with it. The person usually getting their car back sans intact ignition.
    Walmart does seem to attract crime and transients and such. It also attracts shoplifters of various skill levels, from stupid kids to mid-level semi-skilled drug addicts to actual professional shoplifters. The local police are found at my location quite often.

Today I learned something interesting about Walmart. Apparent the pharmacy and vision center are on a different type of payroll system than the rest of the store. Today I went to our local Walmart with my parents. Heard several employees complaining about how they had to work on Thanksgiving while the employees at the pharmacy/vision center had the day off and were able to enjoy the entire day with their families since both departments were closed that day. Then again this may be policy at the other stores since I was talking to my cousin who lives in Pennsylvania who works for Target part time. He was telling me that no matter how short staffed the store is they can't pull anyone out of the pharmacy even if that department is over staffed.
    I don't understand the exact structure, but they do seem to be independent units. I think TLE is much the same. There's so much about the company I don't know that I would like to know.
    Last edited by Follower; 12-04-2013 at 02:10 AM.

The vision center and the pharmacy is division 10 (I'm not sure about TLE, we don't have a TL at my store). We are still part of the store and were (supposed) to follow all the same rules, and we still have all the same perks and everything we are just a different division. We do have a different payroll than the rest of the store, but we get paid the same. There are few holidays that we are allowed to close, but most of them we are open with shorter hours…
    Also, true the store can not pull people from pharmacy when they are busy when were slow, but when we are flying out of control and we are short people we can't pull any help from the store either.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

That's because it takes special training to work in the pharmacy as opposed to general departments. Same with opthamology and the salons.

I think the McDonald's people in there work for McDonald's not Walliemart, so they probably don't work the floor either. But I'm not sure about that. My friend's wife is a manager at a McDonald's. I'll ask him. He'll probably know if no one here does.

PurrPurr Guest
    There is a Subway in one of our Wally Worlds, but they and the Smart Style hair salon stylists aren't pulled to work in Walmart. Neither they nor Smart Style accept Walmart gift cards as payment.

Yeah, that's my source for gag gifts this year. Last year it was all the kitsch from Walgreens based on "A Christmas Story." (one of my favorite movies). This year it's Duck Dynasty.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

One of my friends is into that show big-time. Has every DD t-shirt walliemart sells.

I think the McDonald's people in there work for McDonald's not Walliemart, so they probably don't work the floor either. But I'm not sure about that. My friend's wife is a manager at a McDonald's. I'll ask him. He'll probably know if no one here does.
    The McDonalds in Walmart is independent from Walmart. I know that in my hometown the family that owns the various free standing McDonalds around town also own the McDonalds in the local Walmart. All they do is pay the rent to Walmart for being there...however I am pretty sure, at least in my hometown anyway that Walmart does provide security to the McDonalds as well as the other independent businesses that are located inside the store. Last year I can remember seeing a woman at the bank inside Walmart going off at the teller over something using every four letter word under the sun only to be escorted out of the store by Walmart security even though her anger was directed to the bank and not Walmart. The set up does make sense to me since if the store ( the landlord ) isn't willing to provide security to its tenants then why bother. Many years ago when we had Kroger they had an independent bank that was located inside and in their case Kroger did provide the security for the bank however when Kroger pulled out of the market and the store was taken over by Food Lion that chain refused to provide the security for them so the bank packed up and moved to another supermarket down the street.
    Last edited by choff; 12-04-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    The McDonalds in Walmart is independent from Walmart. I know that in my hometown the family that owns the various free standing McDonalds around town also own the McDonalds in the local Walmart. All they do is pay the rent to Walmart for being there...however I am pretty sure, at least in my hometown anyway that Walmart does provide security to the McDonalds as well as the other independent businesses that are located inside the store. Last year I can remember seeing a woman at the bank inside Walmart going off at the teller over something using every four letter word under the sun only to be escorted out of the store by Walmart security even though her anger was directed to the bank and not Walmart. The set up does make sense to me since if the store ( the landlord ) isn't willing to provide security to its tenants then why bother. Many years ago when we had Kroger they had an independent bank that was located inside and in their case Kroger did provide the security for the bank however when Kroger pulled out of the market and the store was taken over by Food Lion that chain refused to provide the security for them so the bank packed up and moved to another supermarket down the street.
    That makes sense. Thanks choff .

Walmart employee fired for price matching: https://www.change.org/petitions/wal...ngh_csZBZNPjYS

That sounds about right. ^^^

Situations like this are more complex than can be understood by me or anyone else not close to the them. I couldn't sign that petition for lack of information. I don't think anyone who signed that petition can know enough to responsibly sign it. I do know that people who invoke the specter of "racial discrimination" really piss me off. I'd sign a petition to set "Caroline Wilson"'s underwear on fire. Okay, maybe not.

Tampa, FL

Situations like this are more complex than can be understood by me or anyone else not close to the them. I couldn't sign that petition for lack of information. I don't think anyone who signed that petition can know enough to responsibly sign it. I do know that people who invoke the specter of "racial discrimination" really piss me off. I'd sign a petition to set "Caroline Wilson"'s underwear on fire. Okay, maybe not.

Tampa, FL
    Yea, I agree. I was just sharing. Seems like there is more to the story than just a pricing issue. But then again, Wal-Mart doesn't have the best rep when it comes to how they treat their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I've been driving that killer around in my back seat for years. He won't just 'get it over with'. He keeps making me drive through McDonald's for a McRib, even though they are seasonal. He swears he'll kill me after he gets a decent meal.
    ROFL! Yeah, the McRibs get lot of people, backseat killers included.

This!!! I see too many kids in them at my Walmart, having races. They are usually pretty good at kicking them off, though, but can be downright bitchy about it. I can see being that way to the little shits having races, but damn. Have some compassion for kids who are actually injured.

I was in there with The SissyBubby once. Bubby had sprained his ankle pretty badly, and had it wrapped and was staying off it. Unfortunately, I still needed groceries so we stopped, he got a motorized cart, and off we went. He was trying to be helpful and raced off in the cart to get a few things on the list. I know he was trying to be helpful, to be a good boy, and get us out of there quicker so he could go home and put his foot up.

Some bitch tracked me down in the grocery aisles to ask me if my son was racing around in a cart. I explained he had a badly sprained ankle and was trying to help so we could pay and leave quicker. She got snarky and told me he'd have to give the cart up. I left my cart of groceries and went to HyVee instead. I didn't buy a thing that day, and I complained about her bitch ass on my way out. I hoped she was watching. I hoped she watched him take my arm for support and limp out of the store. Bubby is as stubborn as his momma in some ways and refused crutches.

Funny you brought that up; when I injured one of my knees in 2011, I had to use a walker while I was recovering. When I went to Wally one day to get a few things, I just took a regular cart and tossed my walker in it instead of using the motorized cart. It was painful to walk, but I did it for a few reasons: 1) I was encouraged by the physical therapist to move much as possible, 2) there wasn't a place on the motorized cart to put my walker and I wasn't about to leave it anywhere it could get stolen, and 3) there are a lot of older/disabled people who come to that particular store, so out of courtesy, I leave motorized carts for them (unfortunately, not many able-bodied people share this same mentality).
    I, too, leave the motorized carts to those who need them. Hubby has a steel plate ad screws in one ankle from when some bitch on her phone run over his ankle, shattering it. When it gets cold, he is in a lot of pain with it and he uses motorized cart at Walmart and the grocery store. I say nothing because the man works fast food, too,and longer shifts than I do like 5pm to 4am. He works hard to support us, and I do my part, too, but let him ride his cart in the stores.

I should probably ride one, too. I have had a bum left ankle/foot for a few months but no insurance yet to have it checked out. I limp. I am a stubborn woman, as hubby continually tells me, and walk. I push a cart for support, but I do not use the motorized cart. I figure there are people worse off than I who need those carts more.

That's because it takes special training to work in the pharmacy as opposed to general departments. Same with opthamology and the salons.

So far as I know, employees of McD's-inside-Walmart stores work for McD's. Either corporate or franchise, whoever owns that particular store. I think our owners have store-in-a-Walmart, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 12-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Mammy Guest
    About the only people I ever see on the motorized carts are so big they can use their bellybutton for a cup holder.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Yea, I agree. I was just sharing. Seems like there is more to the story than just a pricing issue. But then again, Wal-Mart doesn't have the best rep when it comes to how they treat their employees.
    Thank you for sharing. I am one of those employees and I am still not sure how they treat their employees. I know that sounds odd.

Thank you for sharing. I am one of those employees and I am still not sure how they treat their employees. I know that sounds odd.
    Actually really it doesn't matter how well one is actually treated by Walmart since hating Walmart is considered to be "cool" by so many right now. Post online that you had a good experience with Walmart and watch the comments come rolling in saying how you must be crazy and stupid for shopping there much working for them. On the flip side post how much Target, Kohls, Kroger, Dillards or whoever, well say that they "suck" then chances are one would get comments such as "..why would you say THAT ??', "....that is so unfair !!!"...that sort of thing. Its kinda like bashing cigarettes and soda pop online ( ex: "Is Coca Cola the new Phillip Morris ??" ). That is cool !! Now bash things such as Red Bull energy drinks, e-cigarettes or even cigars even if you are in the right... OMG !! You will not win very much in the way of supporters. My own co-workers are like that. They hate Walmart no matter what but if I would bash say JC Penney even if I had a good reason to do so, boy do they get pissed !!! Even if they themselves don't even shop there !! Yeah I know all of this sounds very weird but it is what it is. Maybe its their way of "sticking up for the underdog"..dunno.
    Last edited by choff; 12-10-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Actually really it doesn't matter how well one is actually treated by Walmart since hating Walmart is considered to be "cool" by so many right now. Post online that you had a good experience with Walmart and watch the comments come rolling in saying how you must be crazy and stupid for shopping there much working for them. On the flip side post how much Target, Kohls, Kroger, Dillards or whoever, well say that they "suck" then chances are one would get comments such as "..why would you say THAT ??', "....that is so unfair !!!"...that sort of thing. Its kinda like bashing cigarettes and soda pop online ( ex: "Is Coca Cola the new Phillip Morris ??" ). That is cool !! Now bash things such as Red Bull energy drinks, e-cigarettes or even cigars even if you are in the right... OMG !! You will not win very much in the way of supporters. My own co-workers are like that. They hate Walmart no matter what but if I would bash say JC Penney even if I had a good reason to do so, boy do they get pissed !!! Even if they themselves don't even shop there !! Yeah I know all of this sounds very weird but it is what it is. Maybe its their way of "sticking up for the underdog"..dunno.
    All great points Choff. I personally have only had bad customer service with Wal-Mart in my town. But I know that is not true for all the stores.

Mammy Guest
    I agree that you make a good point. By the way, JC Penney sucks! Lol

PurrPurr Guest
    Yet more price matching drama...

Retired Wrestler Says He Was Banned From Walmart For Life Due To Ad Matching Incident
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...mart-for-life/

It's a crock of bullshit. Did you read any of the comments? "Rhett" obviously didn't know what punctuation is, every post was one long, run on sentence. I'd like to know HOW the guy was being threatening. If it was based on the fact that be is a retired wrestler, and that would make him a pretty big ol' boy, then wouldn't that be profiling and/or discrimination?
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Walmart called, your Christmas photos are in.

I don't know about you but I think the Kardashian annual Christmas photo would fit nicely with this group.

http://yougottobekidding.wordpress.c...photos-are-in/
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.