Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Paul's parents were supposed to be nice from what Rita said, she'd said he was the bad seed in that family, and they are the ones who took them to Disney in the finale. Maybe they could raise them? Except that Harrison isn't their grandson.

Harrison wouldn't be an issue, would he? He still has a Dad and an Aunt.

Of course, maybe Rita updated her will and wants Dexter to raise the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    For some ungodly reason, I woke up at 4am this morning. What does one do at 4am when they just renewed their Showtime? They watch Dexter on Demand, of course.

One thing I noticed....On the season 5 trailer, Quinn says to Matzuka, "Trinity ever kill a married woman in a bathtub before?" Matzuka says, "First time for everything." That's actually not true....In the 2nd episode of Season 4, Deb interviews a guy who was found guilty of murdering his wife in a bathtub, when it was actually Trinity that did it.
    Good eye! Now that you mention it yep, I remember that storyline too.

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    I can't wait till Sunday!! Gotta see me some Micheal C Hall again, love him!!
    I know! Is it Sunday yet? No, dammit. Friday though, so almost

Tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stacebabe Guest
    What'd everyone think? I thought it was great!! I even got weepy!

It wasn't as good as I was hoping, not sure what I was expecting. I guess just the finale was that good, its hard to top that. I actually think Aster was pretty good in this episode, good acting. The preview for the season looks amazing though. This season's killer, the gang, looks brutal! And seeing someone investigate Dexter should be interesting. He didn't like it when Doakes was spying on him back in season 2. I could have done without seeing Quinn's naked butt though LOL, I just don't like him much!

stacebabe Guest
    Astor - the actress is a doll. The character sucks. This episode made me really miss Rita, the REAL Rita, the one Dex was dating at the beginning. Not the annoying shrew she became. I think that's why I got so emotional, they showed SO MUCH of the awesome Rita. Not the skeletor demanding douche Rita. And my hat is off to Jennifer Carpenter. That girl can ACT. Especially when it comes to really, emotional crying hysterical scenes. You really connect with her. And I like that Deb wears fancy bras under her man-clothes.

And I like that Deb wears fancy bras under her man-clothes.
    LOL Don'tcha just? Part of the whole 'hard as nails on the outside, soft and squishy on the inside' thing I like about her character too.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    Uhh...this show is wearing on me already and it's only the first episode. Is it just me or are all of the characters extremely annoying? Deb, Astor, Quin....even Dexter is annoying me. It's kind of like Gilligan's Island....how long can he keep getting away with what he does and not get caught? I feel like the show is stuck...same old story line, different "villain"....yawn.

stacebabe Guest
    I think it's the incredible acting that keeps me hooked. MCH got me hooked with Six Feet Under, and can do no wrong in my eyes. Plus, I like how emotions are now being drawn in where they weren't before. I don't think until the premiere even HE knew how much he loved Rita, and that's so conflicting with is nature, or what he thinks is his nature. I'm not annoyed yet. I think it'll take awhile for me to be annoyed. Unless they continue this Quinn is Doakes hunting Dex storyline too long.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    I don't feel like he loved her at all. Maybe I was just in a cranky mood when I watched it. He seemed awkward. Everything seemed awkward. I miss John Lithgow.

SFU is by far my favorite show of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Very strained look to her now. And what's with the eyebrows? Eyelift? The excess eye mascara looks like an attempt to hide it, even if she didn't have one (if that makes sense). Whatever happened there, she's got that whole sucking lemons thing going on for her now.

My husband said she looks like she's pulling a wagon.
    She was on the new Michael Chiklis show on ABC. I didn't even recognize her! She looks completely different. I hate the new show by the way....ha ha.

Just got an email from the seeing-stars guy. He's posted his first filming location link for the season 5 premiere: http://seeing-stars.com/Dexter/FuneralHome.shtml

This is the church I mentioned in my last post on this thread. If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, you'll see the names of people mentioned, the "Susan" is yours truly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Yay Morty!

Any guesses on how this season will end next weekend?

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Any guesses on how this season will end next weekend?
    Well clearly Quinn will end up killing that old cop for some reason. By the way the guy playing that part besides having been robocop is a Professor Emeritus of History at Penn State.
    The Lumen will get to kill the self help Guru but not before Dexter and her almost getting caught.
    I would love it if Lumen could stay on the show but I fear she will end up collateral damage.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Well clearly Quinn will end up killing that old cop for some reason. By the way the guy playing that part besides having been robocop is a Professor Emeritus of History at Penn State.
    The Lumen will get to kill the self help Guru but not before Dexter and her almost getting caught.
    I would love it if Lumen could stay on the show but I fear she will end up collateral damage.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Liddy was a goner this weekend - thanks to Dexter.

Dexter looked pretty pissed off at the end of this last episode. Jordan is in A LOT of trouble for kidnapping his (new) lady-love Lumen.

I think Lumen will probably leave at the end of the show - alive and probably feeling "complete" that her revenge is done.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    I have enjoyed this season more than I thought I would...I really like Lumen's character and wish she would stay on the show, but I'm pretty sure she's a goner. I feel like they're going to get caught somehow and she is going to take the blame for it. Who knows though, I may be way off! I like that Dexter can be himself around her.

rjbrasher Guest
    Yea I'm thinking Lumen will take the blame as she gets caught. Just like debra said on the vigilanty bit when talking to dexter about the shoe print, "well she must had help, a man, friend, husband, bf..etc and you can tell he loves her, cause he is whilling to throw everything away to help her/protect her...etc, isn't that fucked up? Well i think its kinda beautiful". So on the flip side, I think when they get caught she will take the heat for everything, plus her knife that dexter got her has jordans blood on it from the fight, so theres the dna off of that and his blood. So somehow it has to tie in and clear dex some how.

OR lol

They come in just as jodan chase stabs dex and then deb/cops shoot him, with knife in hand, and they will think well shit all along it was jordan chase, what great cover up.

But if Lumen gets caught, then Dexter is in trouble since Deb knows he knows Lumen, and he'll be considered the romantic guy who has been helping her - as she dreamily told him at her desk.

rjbrasher Guest
    But if Lumen gets caught, then Dexter is in trouble since Deb knows he knows Lumen, and he'll be considered the romantic guy who has been helping her - as she dreamily told him at her desk.
    unless A) Dexter decides fuck this im not getting caught and say help me she is trying to kill me like the rest of the guys.
    B) Or could go around the jordan chase way, th cops get there as jordan is about to kill dex and they say it was jordan all along.

Don't mind me just tossing shit out there to think about lol. Plus I think Quinn may get caught up in the liddy thing since liddy signed out the equipment in quinns name, and a drop of liddys blood got onto quinns boot when he was at the van.

I know i want sunday to get here lol, i never got into shows as i don't watch tv but dexter sure pulled me in this year.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    unless A) Dexter decides fuck this im not getting caught and say help me she is trying to kill me like the rest of the guys.
    B) Or could go around the jordan chase way, th cops get there as jordan is about to kill dex and they say it was jordan all along.

Don't mind me just tossing shit out there to think about lol. Plus I think Quinn may get caught up in the liddy thing since liddy signed out the equipment in quinns name, and a drop of liddys blood got onto quinns boot when he was at the van.

I know i want sunday to get here lol, i never got into shows as i don't watch tv but dexter sure pulled me in this year.
    You made me go run in and look at my DVR. We are a week behind because I have been traveling. Liddy ? Blood? Oood I am popping some corn tonight!
    Regards,
    Mary

ColorfulCasey Guest

I like the B option. Good point on the Quinn situation...I didn't even notice the blood getting on his boot!

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorfulCasey View Post
    I like the B option. Good point on the Quinn situation...I didn't even notice the blood getting on his boot!

yea i didn't know either til my husband was yelling at the tv, so i had to rewind it back lol, plus quinn checked the doors to see if they were unlocked so he left his prints on the door handles and windows. so it will place him there when they run for finger prints. so yea im very interested to see how this will pan out.

yea i didn't know either til my husband was yelling at the tv, so i had to rewind it back lol, plus quinn checked the doors to see if they were unlocked so he left his prints on the door handles and windows. so it will place him there when they run for finger prints. so yea im very interested to see how this will pan out.
    I bet he'll be there at the crime scene with the rest of the crew, shitting his pants as they dust for fingerprints...

rjbrasher Guest
    So what did yall think about the last episode of Dexter?

PerticusRex Guest
    Im glad Lumen left...I couldnt stand her. I didnt like this season compared to last...then again last season was pretty tough to live up to. Period.

Kinda disappointed. I liked Lumen, and I liked that Dexter had 'connected' with someone. Whatevs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rjbrasher Guest
    I don't know what to think, to me last years was more of a OMG!! then this one. I had a feeling they would look at quinn at the murder of lundy. And when they were showing dex processing in the office i had a feeling, dex would do something to clear him. But other then that i was like omg omg whats going to happen! its just like eh ok well know i know. lol if that makes sense hehe.

I also feel like Dexter got away too easy this season. Despite being 'caught' with Jordan Chase, it just seemed like no one ever suspects or questions him like in previous seasons. And no one else is pinned as a scapegoat for the murders. I am just not digging this season's finale at all. Not to mention last weeks Bones epi got me all bummed out too. Not a good week for tv I spose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not every Dexter season finale is a cliff-hanger. I bet they sort of "continue" on with things from this season onto next.

I haven't seen it yet, just waiting for my torrent download to finish.

I've read a lot of messages boards about the finale and there's quite a few let-down and pissed off folks about it all.

Dexter and his sister are getting divorced! They've been separated for a while.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/13/m...exter-divorce/

MandyLynn Guest
    Like Lumen, despised Jordan Chase, LaGuerrta annoyed me, and wanted to see more about Rita's death and all that goes with it. It was a good season, but not the best. The thing with Deb almost catching them, I liked a lot. Too bad about the divorce. And Debs Jaw annoys me...

Quote Originally Posted by MandyLynn View Post
    Like Lumen, despised Jordan Chase, LaGuerrta annoyed me, and wanted to see more about Rita's death and all that goes with it. It was a good season, but not the best. The thing with Deb almost catching them, I liked a lot. Too bad about the divorce. And Debs Jaw annoys me...
    Gawd, I cannot stand Deb, some subtle thing with her looks, maybe it is the jaw, or the way she talks, can't quite pin it down. I hated how in all the recaps they showed the scene where she was yelling at Quinn for investigating Dexter while he was "f**king" her, the way she said it made her look like a striking venomous snake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gemini33 Guest
    Deb annoys me period. I don't know what it is about her, but she gets on my nerves most of the time.

I love Deb and her potty mouth! Yeah, she looks like Mr Ed's sister a bit in the face, and could use a few Subway foot-long sandwiches, but she's cool.

"Shit on my face!" (she said in one of this season's episodes)

Lumen I felt ditched a way bit too quick. Poor Dexter was so heart-broken. It was almost as if she used him.

They left a few loose ends with this season, which I feel will be "wrapped up" in season 6. I don't foresee Dexter going beyond a possible season 7.

And as for Dexter & Deb getting a divorce - that was quick!

I saw a clip of him on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last week, and I hate to say it, but I personally feel he's Gay. My Gaydar was getting an "alert" on him as I watched him sing that Xmas song....

MandyLynn Guest
    But I dont want him to be Gay! He is on my roster of future ex husbands!

rjbrasher Guest
    i loved him being gay in six feet under. maybe after working as brother and sister over the years it finally got to him. im sure its hard to be like hey there sister on the set and go home and be like so wanna do it
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 12-15-2010 at 05:37 AM.

STsFirstmate Guest
    But I dont want him to be Gay! He is on my roster of future ex husbands!
    This doesn't mean he is gay but we saw him at Legends which was a short run play with Angela Langsbury and I can't remember who else but some other national theater treasure. He was with a group of obviously gay young men. He seemed happy and enjoying himself. This was post Six Feet Under and Pre Dexter. At the time we did not know he was married to his first wife and we just assumed he was gay. Like I said theater types hang together and it means nothing. We saw John Stamos celebrating his birthday with a group of young guys that were clearly the Chorus boys from Cabaret, in which he was appearing. That certainly did not mean he was gay.
    In my gut though he really has a gay vibe.
    Regards,
    Mary

I have mixed feelings about this season. I thought it was kind of refreshing that it wasn't a big, dramatic ending compared to past season enders, the last one especially. I like that Lumen pulled herself together and figured out how she wanted to go on from their revenge/therapy. I found it a lot less fun to watch this season, however, as the tone was a lot less fun in that dark humor sort of way that has made past seasons more easily enjoyable. Maybe it was the constant torture and rape, but I had to make myself sit down and watch each episode, whereas I used to be eager to sit down every Sunday to watch.

Story- and character-wise, I think this season's tone and plot made sense, so I'm not sure I'd even have any specific "should have done it this way" sort of critiques. I guess I just hope the next season brings Dexter back around to his "old self" a little bit, as I miss him.

MandyLynn Guest
    Lumen FOR THE WIN.

I love Michael K and his commentary.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/40040

Lumen FOR THE WIN.

I love Michael K and his commentary.

http://www.dlisted.com/node/40040
    I wonder if that's why they hustled her off the season so quick - maybe Deb threatened to quit if she was going to be stuck working with her rival on another season?

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    In my gut though he really has a gay vibe.
    Regards,
    Mary

Yes, me too. My bi-dar is going off, and before anyone starts- I'm very openly bi.

All this Dexter gossip - juicy!

I think the ending made perfect sense for Dexter's character and for Lumen's. I think that because not only is Dexter who he is but because Lumen would be reminded of what she went through, every time she'd look at him. So to me, any other ending would be a sell-out, you could say.

stacebabe Guest
    I hate to say it, but Dex is losing its luster for me. I was actually at the point this season where there were a few weeks that I didn't even watch it when it was on, instead, I DVR'd it. I never did that in any of the past seasons.

It's still a great show, but I'm not as riveted as I once was.

MandyLynn Guest
    ahhh I miss my sunday show. I watched True blood and then when it was done on Sundays when i am working, oh the joys of working from home!!!!! Now... All I have is Jerseylicious, and Housewives.. what will I do during the 8 oclock hour??? WORK?? Hell no...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorfulCasey View Post
    Uhh...this show is wearing on me already and it's only the first episode. Is it just me or are all of the characters extremely annoying? Deb, Astor, Quin....even Dexter is annoying me. It's kind of like Gilligan's Island....how long can he keep getting away with what he does and not get caught? I feel like the show is stuck...same old story line, different "villain"....yawn.

I was completely distracted the entire season.

1) Quin was so hot last season. What the heck happened??

2) Every scene with Dex & Deb, I was watching for any signs that she despised him. haha yeah really, I was.

3) Every scene with Lumen, I kept wishing he'd say her name the way Seinfeld said "Newman." And also, what bad taste in women MCH has. Yikes

Season 6 starts October 2nd. I thought it was gonna be in September. Dammit.

Here's the teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVApgr1Mqto

New season 6 full trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

I'm gonna poke around Showtime and the blogs later to see if I can find out more what's what for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Season 6 starts October 2nd. I thought it was gonna be in September. Dammit.

Here's the teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVApgr1Mqto

New season 6 full trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

I'm gonna poke around Showtime and the blogs later to see if I can find out more what's what for this season.
    The trailer looks good - I so can't wait!!!

The trailer looks good - I so can't wait!!!
    I came across this one while getting back to checking out the blogs for info. I find it hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQT5kEb2ws&NR=1

Here's what I found out so far. (It says 'mild spoilers' but to me it's more like a show description you'd see in the old TV Guide than any kind of spoiler.):

One of the most anticipated shows in this year??s Comic Con was Dexter. Panel included Executive producers Sara Colleton and Scott Buck, star Michael C. Hall (Dexter Morgan), C.S. Lee (Vince Masuka), David Zayas (Angel Bastista), James Remar (Harry Morgan), and guest stars Colin Hanks (Travis Marshall) and Mos Def (Brother Sam).

Season 6 is skipping ahead a full year in the storyline, thereby making it harder for Dexter to hide things from Harrison. His son is more in need of the type of guidance Dexter can??t really provide, including spiritual guidance.
    Colleton added that Dexter knows what not to pass on to Harrison but not what he should. ??Defining faith? is the theme of the season. Dexter will be faced with the nagging fear that Harrison will need to kill just like his father.
    More here: http://tvsomniac.com/2011/dexter-sea...poilers-ahead/

The Batista and LaGuerta thing, spicy? Gah! To me that's even weirder than when Michael C. Hall married his TV sister for some reason.

Anyway, enjoy!