Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

And for the grand finale...

Dexter being driven right past us, we may very well be in the background shot of that scene if they don't edit us out...

And Dexter himself!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

See guys, I wasn't BS'ing ya!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Thanks Morty!!! Those pics are fab!! I would have loved to have been there! Thanks again

octobersky Guest
    that is so so so so so awesome.

Great pics Morty! Thanks for sharing them

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I hope I see someone from the show. From what I gathered by the signs yesterday they will be filming at a house within the neighborhood, and with that Miami Dade 'police' trailer, I assuming they are filming some kind of crime scene.
    Morty find the PA and tell them you want to be an extra. Chances are they will use you at some point.

Then let us know what episode you will be in. How cool would that be???? Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Regards,
    Mary

Long Gone Day Guest
    Morty, thanks so much for taking those pics and sharing them. I love Dexter - I'm morbidly fascinated. I've never had cable, but they aired the first season on regular TV on Sunday nights, and I've seen the rest of the episodes, elsewhere. I'm excited that John Lithgow is joining the cast. He can do creepy very well. Are you going to ask them if you can be an extra? Oh, you should, Morty! Can you imagine? We could all watch you on an episode?

I can see it all now: They hire you as an extra and are amazed at your abilities; they notice you have the "look" of an upcoming new character and are impressed with your knowledge of serial killers due to your extensive reading and discussion on the FAD forum; you are then cast as "Morty", the retired, seemingly mild mannered, former college professor that seems to have taught a great deal of murdered students.

Don't forget us, Morty...
    Last edited by Long Gone Day; 06-23-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Harrietd Guest
    I recently saw a few episodes for the first time. I like the show and I love Michael but there's something I'm having trouble getting past. The actress who plays Rita is the same actress who played the surrogate mother whom David and Keith proposed to in Six Feet Under. I know they're two completely different roles but it still makes me grind my teeth. Don't know if I'll be able to get over it.

pvezz Guest
    Great pictures, Morty!! That's beyond cool! Glad you got to see it!

STORMIE Guest
    Thanks for the pics. I just LOVE this show. I knew I would miss Michael C. Hall when Six Feet Under ended and when he began Dexter I was just so happy!

Harrietd Guest
    My bad. The actress from SFU is Jennifer Elise Cox. Whew. I think I can move on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    Morty, thanks so much for taking those pics and sharing them. I love Dexter - I'm morbidly fascinated. I've never had cable, but they aired the first season on regular TV on Sunday nights, and I've seen the rest of the episodes, elsewhere. I'm excited that John Lithgow is joining the cast. He can do creepy very well. Are you going to ask them if you can be an extra? Oh, you should, Morty! Can you imagine? We could all watch you on an episode?

I can see it all now: They hire you as an extra and are amazed at your abilities; they notice you have the "look" of an upcoming new character and are impressed with your knowledge of serial killers due to your extensive reading and discussion on the FAD forum; you are then cast as "Morty", the retired, seemingly mild mannered, former college professor that seems to have taught a great deal of murdered students.

Don't forget us, Morty...

Thanks you guys, it was so much fun going over to the set, they film the show in the area a lot, I hope I find more of the Dexter sets. They've even filmed at a hospital down the street from work that I've done a first call at (BTW, it wasn't Dexter, but another show almost used our mortuary chapel for filming last weekend...) BTW, when we pulled up, that's when I saw the crew standing there on the corner combing Dexter's hair, I nearly hyperventilated!!!

BTW, I'd LOVE to play the 'corpse' on one of these crime shows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pvezz Guest
    Wow! I hate it and love it at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Teaser poster for season 4:

I dunno if this is a spoiler or not...but there was a baby in that van that was driving Dexter around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Gone Day Guest
    I'm watching all of the shows I wasn't able to see since I didn't have cable but I just finished watching Season 3 - Episode 12 this morning. This is the episode after he kills Miguel and Ramon pulls a gun on him and ends up in jail and Dexter goes in to talk with him. It's a great scene for Michael, the back and forth with Ramon in the jail, getting to the heart of Ramon's anger. Dexter's dialog is great, his questioning and responses to Ramon. Seeing Dexter hold on to the ring as leverage against Ramon in case he has to, and then not needing to when he finds out the truth about Ramon is powerful. Michael does such a good acting job with his face in these scenes and I notice they tussle his hair up a bit. He asks Ramon where his son and daughter are. He says someday your kids will be old enough to see the truth just like Ramon saw of his father. "The sins of the father go on and on from kid to kid to kid" unless someone chooses to end them.

And Dexter's voice over after the scene says,

"You don't always have to destroy a wounded animal. Sometimes you just remove the thorn."

I love this show. Is this the last episode before the new season and I'm all caught up or are there more?
    Last edited by Long Gone Day; 07-31-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Lisa03 Guest
    Great pics of Dexter! Love the show. I don't get Showtime so I watch it online.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Ooops....Should have looked upthread to begin with. Season Four, Sept. 27.

pvezz Guest
    I'm pretty sure that's the last one. We are rewatching all three seasons in preparation for the start of Season 4. We just watched the one where Ramon killed the defense attorney; I think we have 3 more to go to the end of Season 3. I love Jimmy Smits; his character was awesome. Sad he had to be killed.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Someone has already posted this I am sure but the actor who plays Dextor just married the actress who plays his sister in real life. I can't shake that when I watch the show now. I still love it though!
    Regards,
    Mary

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Someone has already posted this I am sure but the actor who plays Dextor just married the actress who plays his sister in real life. I can't shake that when I watch the show now. I still love it though!
    Regards,
    Mary
    That freaks me out, too - lol - eewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ooops....Should have looked upthread to begin with. Season Four, Sept. 27.
    Nah, but maybe put Spoilers! and skip some lines or something like that as the first line in posts where you give that much away, so that folks who haven't seen that yet don't have the end told to them. It's just something we do as a courtesy for eachother here.

OK, here's two pics I got at the base camp yesterday...

I'll be hoppin' on my bike in a few to head back over and see what's shakin'
    OMG! That's too cool. I've lost track of "Dexter" because I only got to see enough in a kind of sneak preview. The last show I saw had people finding Dexter's dumping grounds in the Crescent. I've got to get Showtime.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Cool, yay, I can't wait, I still need to catch up on season 3. They have been filming a lot at a particular house in the neighborhood, and they did a scene in the alley next to a really cool hardware store in the area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Gone Day Guest
    John Lithgow looks evil and creepy as hell in this trailer. I can't wait for it to start.

pvezz Guest
    John Lithgow looks evil and creepy as hell in this trailer. I can't wait for it to start.

He is going to be a great addition to the cast. He was scary as hell in "Raising Cain".

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    He is going to be a great addition to the cast. He was scary as hell in "Raising Cain".

I agree. So so so so excited!

HKWolf Guest
    Working my way through the 3rd season on DVD. When does the 4th season start?

I just finished season 3 myself! Season 4 starts September 27.

HKWolf Guest
    That might give me time to catch up. YAY!

I am sooo looking forward to the next season! I just finished _Dearly Devoted Dexter_ (the second book) to tide me over. I'm going to guess that Showtime will make Season 3 available on On Demand- yes? Just another option if anyone needs to catch up. I'll probably rewatch some of it!

HKWolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    I am sooo looking forward to the next season! I just finished _Dearly Devoted Dexter_ (the second book) to tide me over. I'm going to guess that Showtime will make Season 3 available on On Demand- yes? Just another option if anyone needs to catch up. I'll probably rewatch some of it!
    Try Yidio.com. I've been watching True Blood on there.

marimbagirl Guest
    I loved the first season, I liked the second season, but the third did nothing for me. I don't like the whole Rita and Dexter married thing. I have hopes for the coming season, but this show is starting to lose its luster with me.

kandykisses Guest
    i can't wait for the new season but will have to all the way to DVD release. I don't get Cinemax. Drat.

Nelliebean Guest
    I saw the first season only because it was on network tv. Any reason why they didn't show the second season?

Mrs Tingles Guest
    John Lithgow joins Season 4 of Dexter as â??The Trinity Killerâ??

May 27, 2009 by Jillian Cohan

3 Comments

Dexter returns for Season 4 on Sept. 27.
    OH YES! bring on Season 4! Woot! Dexter just keeps getting better and better

I found the first full episode of the new season on youtube. It's in five parts. I don't want to post it here because at first I thought it being leaked was a publicity stunt by Showtime. But now the files are being removed as soon as they're reposted. So, it looks like it really wasn't supposed to get out, lol. (But if you see it out there, don't post it please, because it's considered illegal content since someone obviously bootlegged it. And it's not my idea of fun to tell people that something exists and then have to card them because they didn't realize it was bootleg, anymore than I did when I watched it.)

Anyhoo, the first episode was pretty good. I won't give anything away. John Lithgow was tops. And there's a pretty funny parody in there about the difference between Dexter's old life and his new, family life. That's all I'm gonna say.

HKWolf Guest
    Lithgow is a great actor. This should be a good season coming up.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    I'm so excited to see how he balances killing and family life. I wonder if he keeps his old apartment? Or does he have a new place? IS it a boy or a girl? eeakk so excited.
    I love this poster. It looks like it's a boy!!!

My son and I discovered Dexter about 2 weeks ago and watched all 3 seasons. Cant wait for the 4th to start!!

Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    I loved the first season, I liked the second season, but the third did nothing for me. I don't like the whole Rita and Dexter married thing. I have hopes for the coming season, but this show is starting to lose its luster with me.
    For me, season one was, eh, whatever. Season 2 kicked some serious ass, and season 3 was OK, but kind of a letdown after season 2. Can't wait for season 4, they are still filming non stop around here. With running lots of errands for work and tons of my biking about town, I can't hardly not run into one of their film sets. One day I'll swipe one of those huge yellow DEXTER film crew signs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, epi 3 of this season, which I think aired this week, was the one I saw filming where I got all the pics I posted. I'm impatiently waiting to see it, as I don't have showtime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluebird14 Guest
    Guys, aparently someone significant is supposed to DIE at the end of the season...

Who do you think it will be?

I kind of hope its Julie Benz. Shes a HUGE bitch in person (I met her at Megacon), and she expects dexter to work days and take care of the baby nights. Um, when is he supposed to sleep?!? And, I think she isnt giving Dexter any time to himself, which is important in any good marriage.

And, I think she isnt giving Dexter any time to himself, which is important in any good marriage.
    Especially that one.

bluebird14 Guest
    Its just that she is putting too much on dexter, and as a wife, it almost angers me. How can she expect a man who is virtually a loner to be with her and his new family 24/7? I love my husband, but if we were together that much, I'd go apeshit.

And her nagging drives me batty. I understand she is also working now with Miguel's wife selling real estate, but its unrealistic to believe that Dexter would work all day and then get up EVER SINGLE NIGHT with the baby while she sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    Its just that she is putting too much on dexter, and as a wife, it almost angers me. How can she expect a man who is virtually a loner to be with her and his new family 24/7? I love my husband, but if we were together that much, I'd go apeshit.

And her nagging drives me batty. I understand she is also working now with Miguel's wife selling real estate, but its unrealistic to believe that Dexter would work all day and then get up EVER SINGLE NIGHT with the baby while she sleeps.
    Amen sista...and she's just too damned skinny, especially for a 'new mom.' Gosh I love ragging on a fictional character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.sho.com/site/video/bright...id=34778134001

Check out this interview with John Lithgow. It was filmed in the parking lot where they constantly have the basecamp for the crew that I drive past all the time. It appears to have been filmed while they were filming epi 3, as I see a kid from the cast walk past in the background all geared up for the pool party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amen sista...and she's just too damned skinny, especially for a 'new mom.' Gosh I love ragging on a fictional character.
    She is a pain in the ass, yep. But I don't think it would be in Dexter's best interest to lose her and have all the neighbors coming around with casseroles and keeping an eye on him.

To Morty (I just forgot to quote her post):

Loved all the pics you posted! Thanks for sharing the inside scoop on those with us! It's fun that we have someone here who's poked around the sets.

STsFirstmate Guest

I agree with you but it is not, I think unrealistic for Dexter to think he is supposed to get up with the baby as a good husband would. He has no calibration for appropriate vs un appropriate in others even.
    Folks does anyone else think the Rita actress had facework during the off season? and bad facework at that!
    Also every scene with Deb and Dexter I can't quit thinking that they are married in real.
    This, so far is not the best season. The pace definately needs to pick up. John L is suitably creepy as a villian but they are just giving us peeks so far.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    She is a pain in the ass, yep. But I don't think it would be in Dexter's best interest to lose her and have all the neighbors coming around with casseroles and keeping an eye on him.

To Morty (I just forgot to quote her post):

Loved all the pics you posted! Thanks for sharing the inside scoop on those with us! It's fun that we have someone here who's poked around the sets.
    One day I'm gonna pull over and swipe one of those film crew signs that says "DEXTER." Of course I'll wait til I have the work van so I can hide behind it as I snatch the sign

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I agree with you but it is not, I think unrealistic for Dexter to think he is supposed to get up with the baby as a good husband would. He has no calibration for appropriate vs un appropriate in others even.
    Folks does anyone else think the Rita actress had facework during the off season? and bad facework at that!
    Also every scene with Deb and Dexter I can't quit thinking that they are married in real.
    This, so far is not the best season. The pace definately needs to pick up. John L is suitably creepy as a villian but they are just giving us peeks so far.
    Regards,
    Mary

I feel for Dexter, seriously, at this point when that baby cries at some ungodly hour, I think he should roll over to Rita and tell her that she's got the breasts, so go pop one in the kid's mouth already...why the hell does he keep giving in and getting up with him???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisa03 Guest
    I like this season so far. I don't have Showtime so I find it online to watch. I was surprised to see John Lithgow's butt. I was not expecting that but he plays a great killer on the show.

I think everyone dislike's the "Rita" character. Hopefully they will change her somewhat?

ok- I am hoping! lol