Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Love Dexter! Just finished season 2 on dvd. Now I have to wait forever for the next season. *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

RaRaRamona Guest
    When does the new season start?

Was anyone else more than creeped out by Debra's affair with Agent Lundy? Super Ack! He'll always be Foxy Funderburke to me. Chiefs is one of my all time favorite series.

Just put season 2 on my blockbuster queue *tapping fingers impatiently*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    When does the new season start?

Was anyone else more than creeped out by Debra's affair with Agent Lundy? Super Ack! He'll always be Foxy Funderburke to me. Chiefs is one of my all time favorite series.

Agent Lundy was hot and sexy!! Nice ass shot in that one episode, too. I'd hit it, and I'd hit it hard and frequently.

It seemed a little off-base for the plot, though, it didn't make much sense.

Agent Lundy always seems very Kung Fu to me. Not his fault I guess, his dad's. My brother never missed that show.

I've got Dexter set up to TiVo on Showtime with the season starting on 9/28. Yay!

My 16 year old just read all three books, and is catching up on all the DVDs before Season 3 on Sunday. He claims that the show is almost flawless, and all the actors deserve Emmys.

So after tonight's season premiere is anyone else calling the new guy in the squadroom Jake the Flake, or is that just in our house?

The IA chick needs someone to tie her shoelaces together when she's not looking, I think.

xenaswolf Guest
    I quit watching Dexter about 3/4 through. It felt like a 2 hour show and to be honest, the sister's potty mouth turned me off. Never thought I'd say that but it did. It will be interesting to watch the showtime season and the cbs season for sure now.

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Agent Lundy always seems very Kung Fu to me. Not his fault I guess, his dad's. My brother never missed that show.

I've got Dexter set up to TiVo on Showtime with the season starting on 9/28. Yay!
    David "Kung FU" carradine is Keith carradine"s(agent Lundy) brother. the other brother is Robert( Revenge of the nerds) carradine. dad is and was John caradine. seems like he had kids in different decades. martha plimpton is Keith's daughter. WTF??? same thing I said. mom must of not been that cute or their genes just did not mix well. but she is a good actress.

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    You can read the books and watch the tv series and not be spoiled. In fact, that way you get two Dexter series!=)
    Btw- supposedly Michael C. Hall is dating his tv sister played by Jennifer Carpenter.
    wow. i used to watch resurrection blvd on showtime. the show about the hispanic family of boxers and who were still living their lives around their dead mother. anyhow the 2 of the tv siblings are husband and wife. ain't that a blip??

Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    David "Kung FU" carradine is Keith carradine"s(agent Lundy) brother. the other brother is Robert( Revenge of the nerds) carradine. dad is and was John caradine. seems like he had kids in different decades. martha plimpton is Keith's daughter. WTF??? same thing I said. mom must of not been that cute or their genes just did not mix well. but she is a good actress.
    LOL

Yeah that's right. Either way, I always associate that whole family with the Kung Fu thing.

marimbagirl Guest
    I loved the season premier, but I didn't care for the extended intro that hashed through all of last season.

How about the bomb that came at the end of the episode? Holy crap!

Dexter, THIRD Season!

I think they rehash the 2nd season for people who have never seen the show before, but it would be nice if they would do a 'special' the week before and catch people up that way. It seemed like the episode was really short!

I loved it! Dexter is his own man for sure now... but, A BABY on the way! Oh my! The camera angle on his face sort of said it all... He had the look on his face that I would have... LOL... I still have my IUD, and I'm 5 months into menopause, (sorry for the TMI there, just making a point of how much I don't want kids!) I think he'll get totally into being a dad, but, he'll probably 'do the right thing' and get married. I still haven't taken the lovely Hoxharding's advice to read the books, so I don't know, yet... But when you think about it, a MANY serial killer who have been caught in real life, have been married with families.

But, it sort of bummed me out that Dexter did something that got him put under scrutiny immediately in the first episode, but, I guess that's how it's done. I'm really looking forward to this season...!

marimbagirl Guest
    Well, he gets married to Rita in the second book, I believe.

I was thinking today that maybe this baby thing is just a ploy or isn't real. Cause she didn't know for certain. She just said that she'd done this before.

Anyone else get a creepy vibe from Jimmy Smits?

hoxharding Guest
    I got to see the first episode before it aired!=)
    If you are signed up for Showtime's e-mails, they send you sneak previews of the shows you pick to get info about.
    No actual spoilers will I reveal- I will say check Deb's hair out when you see the episode. Also, I could be wrong,but I think Deb's language has been slightly clean up.

xenaswolf Guest
    If you are signed up for Showtime's e-mails, they send you sneak previews of the shows you pick to get info about.
    No actual spoilers will I reveal- I will say check Deb's hair out when you see the episode. Also, I could be wrong,but I think Deb's language has been slightly clean up.
    That is scary LOL! She put my potty mouth to shame . But it seemed forced like *I know I have to say the f word 5 times in this scene* Good morning fucking damn hell shit Dexter* It's sure different from the CBS version for sure.

Nope, I'd say you're spot on, LOL.

I'm signed up for that too, I just forget to check... I spend all my spare time in here... LOL, yesterday, I was in my pajamas, in here until 4:30 PM. Then, I ran around doing the light cleaning of the house, put something on the stove, and washed my disgusting hair. Managed to look like I had'nt been pong eyed in front of the computer for 14 hours!

When will the Tudors be back?

Armcast Guest

News of Edmonton killing stuns Dexter producer

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...7-e4813e4286e7

News of Edmonton killing stuns Dexter producer

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif - One nightmare haunts the producers of Dexter, the controversial television series about a serial killer.
    It's that nightmare that sees the show encouraging copycat killings in real life.
    Which is why Melissa Rosenberg, the show's executive producer, was visibly shocked on the weekend when she learned about the first-degree murder charges laid against Edmonton filmmaker Mark Twitchell, an avid Dexter fan.
    "Oh Jesus!" she exclaimed. She saw this as a "worst fears" situation - something which had worried the show's creators from the beginning.
    "This is a tragic and horrible thing to hear," Rosenberg told Canwest News Service.
    She made her comments during interviews for Twilight, the new film version of Stephenie Meyer's best-selling novel about teenage vampires. Rosenberg, an established screenwriter, did the film adaptation of Twilight which opens Nov. 21.
    Twitchell was charged at Halloween with the murder of Johnny Brian Altinger who mysteriously disappeared in early October after setting up a date with a woman he had met on the Internet. Police believe he was lured to a garage in Edmonton's Mill Woods neighbourhood expecting a face-to-face encounter with the women he had earlier met on line. He was never seen again.
    Although no body has been discovered, police charged Twitchell with murder after seizing a film script in which a male killer lures a cheating husband to his death through an Internet dating scam in which he pretends to be a woman.
    The vigilante serial killer of the Dexter series works for the police. So does the killer in the film script now in the possession of the Edmonton force.
    Rosenberg insisted Saturday that there was never any intent to "glorify" Dexter's killings - "and we've been very careful not to.
    "Every time you think you're identifying with Dexter and rooting for him, for us it's about turning that back on you and saying: 'You may think that he's doing good, but he's a monster. He's killing because he's a monster.'"
    In the script seized by Edmonton police, the crusading killer decapitates his victim with a power saw.
    Rosenberg admits Dexter's creators feared flak when the show first arrived on the Showtime cable network in the U.S. two years ago - but "surprisingly" it didn't materialize.
    "The executive producers were expecting it. They were ready for it. They thought we were going to get slams."
    But, says Rosenberg, there was "not a one."
    Twitchell has not faced trial on the charges.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    That sucks, but if that dude wasn't inspired by Dexter, it would have just taken a Saw movie, or Hostel, or any number of pop culture programs to tip him over the edge.
    Absolutely. I'm a HUGE Dexter fan; never miss it. Doesn't mean I'm going to chainsaw someone to death.

xenaswolf Guest
    I'm a huge fan and I just MIGHT

Mrs Tingles Guest
    After season 2 I walked around the house naked with a fake British accent.
    Lol. I haven't seen series 2. I missed the end of series one (overseas). I saw some clips on you tube, but they were basically a glimpse. Will have to moasie to the video store. Is series 2 different? Do they have a different serial killer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Absolutely. I'm a HUGE Dexter fan; never miss it. Doesn't mean I'm going to chainsaw someone to death.
    Nope, me either. AC/DC is not to blame for Richard Ramirez' bullshit and the Dexter folks aren't to blame for this insanity.

I'm loving season 3. It's great to see Dexter interact with Miguel.

Blackdressdoll Guest
    i adore dexter. i agree about dexter and miguel. they're awesome together!

I think Miguel is going to end up at the bottom of Lake Dexter, lol.

Jinglygypsy Guest
    I am completely addicted to Dexter!! Michael C. Hall is a brilliant actor. He was perfect as David in SFU (my fave show ever), but he IS Dexter!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I think Miguel is going to end up at the bottom of Lake Dexter, lol.
    I was thinking the same...LOL.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Ok, I skipped reading all of this thread, because I've not finished all of Season Two nor started Three yet. My external drive crashed and I lost all of them.

Does anyone know where I can get them from...preferably free? Mine came from a friend who is currently back in the States and I don't know when he's coming back to Saudi.

HELP!!!! lol

xenaswolf Guest
    Anyone get the feeling Miguel may be trying to set Dexter up? That's Tami's take on it. I'm not sure.

hoxharding Guest
    I met Michael C. Hall last year. He put his arm around me and I nearly died!

OMG-I am so full of envy! He used to live in my hometown while he went to college. I might of seen him,but it wouldn't of meant anything to me at the time.(wasn't on tv yet)

Btw-that cool poster of Dexter(Powersaw to the people) is
    being sold for like $475 or something like that.(it is autographed also)

silverwaif77 Guest

Wink

After season 2 I walked around the house naked with a fake British accent.
    In a fake british accent "pardon my tits"

Dexter fans may be interested in knowing what the original author looks like:

LOS ANGELES -- "Dexter" author Jeff Lindsay says the cameo he
    filmed for the Showtime series based on his work is intended to make
    a point -- he loves the show.
    Why does he think there's skepticism?
    "It's Hollywood. Everybody knows Hollywood gets hold of
    wonderful ideas" and ruins them, Lindsay said.
    But the producers of Showtime's "Dexter," which stars Michael
    C. Hall, "really know what they're doing," Lindsay said.
    Lindsay plays the role of a vice detective guarding a hospital
    room, and makes his appearance Sunday just shy of halfway through
    the episode.
    The character of Dexter Morgan, a blood-spatter expert and killer
    who takes justice into his own hands, was introduced in Lindsay's
    book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter."
    ------

On the show tho, Dexter and his sister were not "natural" bro/sis - they we adopted separately.

I just got done watched Season 2 on DVD last night. Thank God Lila is gone!

Weird, I once knew a girl named "Lila" - but it was pronounced "Lee-la". She was a big-time heartbreak for me 25 years ago...

Anyway, when is season 3 being released?

(Some of us don't get Showtime!)

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    On the show tho, Dexter and his sister were not "natural" bro/sis - they we adopted separately.
    I thought Debra was Harry's natural daughter, and Dexter was the one who was adopted....?

marimbagirl Guest
    Dexter was adopted. Deb is Harry's real daughter. The adoption comes through when Dexter is around 8 or 9. There was an episode about it in the first season, I believe.

pvezz Guest
    I stayed up until 2 am catching up; I watched four episodes in a row - lol - I knew the Miguel thing would go south......

Eeeek, I'm trying not to ready too many responses and spoil season 2, I have yet to watch it.

Anywhooo...I was running around town the other day and was sittin' bored at a light, when I realized I was just across the street from a Dexter filming site, so I took pics to share with you guys. This hotel was used as Rita's ex hubby's apartment in season one. It also doubled as the 'bowling alley' where Dexter dumped his dad's ashes.

Here's a link with some of the film sites from the show with pics of the hotel.
    http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/PaulsMotel.shtml

Also, I was walking around in Shoreline Village the same day I took the hotel pics, which is where the Santa's Village murder scene took place, but didn't think to take pics.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/SantasLand.shtml

I've been to see nearly all the local Dexter filming spots here in my town. I wish I could manage to be out and see them while they are filming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your welcome

I looked around a little more on the filming location site I posted above, found more film sites for the show that I didn't know about previously, all around here, and all in spots that I frequent, so stinkin' cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nelliebean Guest
    This is still my fav show. I don't have HBO so I have to wait a year for the "new" season.

marimbagirl Guest
    Last night's episode made me wonder how they're going to wrap things up like they did in the last two seasons. I mean, Miguel is a pretty big person in Miami. Wouldn't his death raise a few flags?

pvezz Guest
    Did you all notice LaGuerda squinting at the halogen headlights of his SUV? I think she's going to end up taking him down, and Dexter will end up NOT having to kill him.

marimbagirl Guest
    I get the feeling that Miguel will either go down in a hail of gunfire or he'll be arrested for the kidnapping of a member of the Miami PD. Can he really prove that Dexter was the one to kill Freebo and how about how Dexter messed around with Ellen's body?

stinkythejokedog Guest
    dexter will arrange it so that tree trimmer is made to look like the murderer of Miguel...when Miguel is killed by Dexter

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    dexter will arrange it so that tree trimmer is made to look like the murderer of Miguel...when Miguel is killed by Dexter

Stinky, you are brilliant.

Very cool, thanks Morty

PS. To PVezz...

Yeah you know it! LOL

marimbagirl Guest
    I want Sunday to be here!

I let it slip about my friend what happened to Miguel and she freaked out on me. She only gets to see Dexter when the boxsets come out!

Did Dexter and Rita ever resolve their search for a house? As far as I see they still have seperate spaces. Did I miss an episode?

Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    I want Sunday to be here!

I let it slip about my friend what happened to Miguel and she freaked out on me. She only gets to see Dexter when the boxsets come out!

Did Dexter and Rita ever resolve their search for a house? As far as I see they still have seperate spaces. Did I miss an episode?
    Yeah, it's Tuesday. Come on already! (As a sidenote: I'd already be done with all of this whoop-dee-doo and Christmas beautifying I've been doing for the in-laws who are coming up this week, so that'd would be good too.)

I remember Dexter saying he didn't want to look at houses 'right now', Rita said a grudging 'ok' and they pretty much left it at that.

octobersky Guest
    *covering eyes* I am behind one episode but am cramming for final exams so I am going to watch it as soon as I am done.

But Dexter is one of my favorite shows ever. I love how they have an almost American Psycho (book, not really movie) feel to it.

I had no idea Deb and Dex were dating. That's crazy!

pvezz Guest
    Are we allowed to talk about what happened on the latest ep? I don't want to ruin it for anyone but it looks like there are spoilers on this thread already.

OMG - I dunno if we can talk or not, but HOLY CRAP!!!

octobersky Guest
    OKAY Just saw the episode from Sunday, tonight.
    WOW WOW WOW

Did anyone else feel like the episode was different (not bad or good) direction wise? The way it ended, the music and color fade was outstanding.