Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112

Thread: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    so no one has commented on the finale...? How did everyone like it? I love that Deb got killed. But she should have got killed in the 1st season.....
    Lol
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Horrible what a cop-out!

I didn't mind it, this whole season was very rushed and almost business as usual... but I like that Dexter's only form of punishment/prison is removing himself from society and the people he cares about. Deb's death was well played as well, it was rumored Deb would be his last kill but they made it all seem so sweet the way he did it.

JacksTiger Guest
    I'm ok with the finale. I can't imagine what they could have done that would please everyone. It was very well acted and very sad. I think it might have been better if it had ended with Dexter heading into the hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksTiger View Post
    I'm ok with the finale. I can't imagine what they could have done that would please everyone. It was very well acted and very sad. I think it might have been better if it had ended with Dexter heading into the hurricane.
    ITA.

It surprised me how sad I was to see Deb brain-dead and then dead. I didn't love her character, but I didn't know until this episode that she actually was my favorite character. Not the most likable, necessarily; but interesting, complex, with development over the years/seasons. I also liked Angel, Quinn, Masuka...that's about it.

My husband and I are now wondering about the spin-off possibilities. Harrison will never be *completely* safe with Hannah, because she'll always be a murderer who's on the run. I think Harrison is the only reason why Dexter didn't completely hurricane himself (per se).

IMO the series lasted *just* long enough. Maybe this past season was just slightly too loop-holey and the dialogue too lame/predictable. But it's over! I think I felt more sad/let down/bereft after the series finale of "LOST". It took me longer to get over (not just the finale being essentially stupid, but the whole series being done - I did wish it went on for a bit longer than it did).
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Lawren Guest
    I just watched the finale.

There's a huge "WTF?!?!" sign flashing in my brain…..Not really sure how I feel.

Not really surprised. It seemed like his dark passenger has taken totally over again since now his sister is dead. I think he's lost whatever humanity he had. Letting Harrison and Hanna go was to save them from him both emotionally and physically.

I am pretty sure Quinn's part is over, since the show ended.

I didn't mind the ending too much. I actually liked it, and I'm probably in the minority since a lot of people didn't! Deb was Dexter's "anchor" - the one thing that kept him "human". Once she was gone - and because of him, he knew he couldn't be happy with Hannah and Harrison and probably is a monster serial killer now - since there is no more "code" for him. He's living in the Pacific Northwest among a bunch of other serial killers, doing what he does best. He just doesn't have a TV or computer - he's cut himself off from the world and living a life where he doesn't have to talk to many people and can be alone - which he needed to be all along, but Deb was keeping him from that.

I'm going to miss not having my Dexter sunday nights anymore! Damn.

Once this season is released on DVD, I'll be watching 1-8 marathon style and see all the pieces fitting together. I'm pretty sure once the dust has settled and other folks follow suit, people will also connect the dots to the ending too.

In a way it almost feels left "open-ended" as if maybe down the road they may do a Dexter movie or something like that to tie up any loose ends and leave a few of the fans (who were pissed off - me not being one of them) with more closure and satisfaction. I kind of get that feeling.
    Last edited by Aries65; 09-24-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    My husband and I are now wondering about the spin-off possibilities. Harrison will never be *completely* safe with Hannah, because she'll always be a murderer who's on the run. I think Harrison is the only reason why Dexter didn't completely hurricane himself (per se).
    The writers want you to believe that Hannah only killed out of necessity and to protect herself and she will bring that same level of protection to Harrison. They also want you to believe that Dexter was an awesome father and that Harrison won't have any of the killing desires that Dexter had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    Not really surprised. It seemed like his dark passenger has taken totally over again since now his sister is dead. I think he's lost whatever humanity he had. Letting Harrison and Hanna go was to save them from him both emotionally and physically.
    yeah, he realized he could never live a normal life... I too thought he would just go back to killing, but from what I read he isn't. He's just gonna live a life of solitude until he dies.
    Last edited by Jason; 09-24-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The writers want you to believe that Hannah only killed out of necessity and to protect herself and she will bring that same level of protection to Harrison.
    Yes, I'm on board with that. But what I was getting at is the fact that the PI and his team may still chase her, to receive the reward, and she might have to kill her pursuers. At the very least, looking ahead into the fictional scenario, she'll have to live in hiding, as well as Harrison (who knows, there would probably be a bigger international search for him than for her). Regardless of speculated outcomes, or the writers' intentions, I'm satisfied with the final episode - there's a reasonable amount (though not 100%) of satisfaction and closure.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Hated this whole season and felt the finale was lazy and predictable. bleh. I want to rewatch the whole series from the beginning though because I really used to love it!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

I feel like there was no way they were going to be able to finish the series to everyone's satisfaction. I kind of prefer the open-ended ending for Dexter. It's probably obvious to everybody else, but my response was: "Huh. Back to the old Dexter." He's clearly shut down again, back to the old "Dark Passenger is running the show." I thought literally everyone was going to die for a bit there. I'm not sure how Harrison is going to do in the long run with him relying on Hannah as a parent figure, although I think she cares for him as much as she can. Deb's end was sad, but well-handled.

For what it's worth, Jeff Lindsay's books, which the series is based on, are a fun read, with Dexter narrating them in his sly First Person voice. If anything, his tone is a bit darker than in the series. Also, there are characters in the books that have lived where they didn't in the series, and there are characters that died early on that lived in the series. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't elaborate more. It's just a different world that the t.v. one and worth visiting if you liked the series.

I think the ending for Dexter the character, was perfect.

Dexter series finale parody. WARNING: If you haven't seen the real finale yet, don't look because this parody contains spoilers. What's funniest about it to me is it's exactly what I heard in my head as the final scene played out, lol:

http://youtu.be/Ik-kHyrNz-E

He's ba-ack. A limited run season is coming to Showtime:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/dext...s-in-2021.html