Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Rosebud666 Guest
    Colin Hanks was a guest on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me today.

He sounds just like his father and he's almost as funny.

Hard to imagine Mr. "Last-Nice-Guy-in-Hollywood" Jr. playing a serial killer. I bet he's really creepy and effective, though.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I've been reading on a few other message boards that the next couple episodes of the show are going to reveal some pretty intense twists - including bringing back certain people, and things happening that are going to change the course of the show for good. If any of you are curious - go to the IMDB message boards for the Dexter show to see what is being said. Or, just wait and see what happens!
    Sounds intriguing! I usually like spoilers, but I like watching Dexter without knowing what's going to happen. It's more fun that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I've been reading on a few other message boards that the next couple episodes of the show are going to reveal some pretty intense twists - including bringing back certain people, and things happening that are going to change the course of the show for good. If any of you are curious - go to the IMDB message boards for the Dexter show to see what is being said. Or, just wait and see what happens!
    Is it still set up at imdb where you have to pay or have some sort of premium membership to access the forums there?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Is it still set up at imdb where you have to pay or have some sort of premium membership to access the forums there?
    No. Just type in the search what tv show, movie ect and it comes up.

Ok, thanks Aries.

intothelight Guest
    This week's episode was superb. I can't wait till next week!!

MorbidChrissy Guest
    I agree. I'm so sad Brother Sam is gone. I always thought it was weird that the dog didn't bark at all at the guy who shot him. When they showed the video, I instantly knew it was Nick. Looks like Rudy is back!!! This should be interesting!

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    I agree. I'm so sad Brother Sam is gone. I always thought it was weird that the dog didn't bark at all at the guy who shot him. When they showed the video, I instantly knew it was Nick. Looks like Rudy is back!!! This should be interesting!
    I too am sad about Brother Sam.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    I have to correct myself and say that I meant Brian, not Rudy. Rudy was his fake name!

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    I have to correct myself and say that I meant Brian, not Rudy. Rudy was his fake name!
    Great memory, Morbid - you rock! I think of him as Rudy, too! So glad I watch the show with my husband because he helps get me through my blonde moments. "Isn't that Rudy ice-truck-killer guy dead?" "Yes, honey...he's appearing as a ghost, just like Dexter's father." "Ohhhhh...[munches more Reese's Pieces]"
    I'm the same way regarding spoilers as well - I want to be totally surprised by each episode
    I posit that Deb really *did* love Quinn, at least at some point in the past, but she was too stunned to answer & say so at that moment because he was being a drunken dillweed at her party! Love how his "date" figured out he was being a jerk and blew him off!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Great memory, Morbid - you rock! I think of him as Rudy, too! So glad I watch the show with my husband because he helps get me through my blonde moments. "Isn't that Rudy ice-truck-killer guy dead?" "Yes, honey...he's appearing as a ghost, just like Dexter's father." "Ohhhhh...[munches more Reese's Pieces]"
    I'm the same way regarding spoilers as well - I want to be totally surprised by each episode
    I posit that Deb really *did* love Quinn, at least at some point in the past, but she was too stunned to answer & say so at that moment because he was being a drunken dillweed at her party! Love how his "date" figured out he was being a jerk and blew him off!
    haha Blonde moments. Yeah, Dexter's interactions with Brian are too real. I almost wish that they didn't let Brian touch things or hand things over to Dexter. His dad never does that (well, except for when he closed the door to Dexter's car when he arrived in Miami), so I found that to be weird. I hope he doesn't come back. He's a bit too evil and makes Dexter do things that could make him get caught.

rjbrasher Guest
    Hey peeps what do you think of this years dexter and the finale? What are your opinion on how the next season may go?

stacebabe Guest
    I think the show is losing steam, but I thought it was a great finale. I only had one major issue. They started to make Louis out like he was a plotline waiting to explode, then ppphhhtttt..... Nothin'. I also find it ironic that right after Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall finalized their divorce, they wrote in that she's in love with him.

Louis is to-be-continued in Season 7. I saw an interview with the producer of the show that says everything that has happened in the last 6 seasons will be explained and answered in the next two (rumored to be three, maybe!) seasons.

The Deb and Dex think is a little skeevy - but Dexter doesn't feel the same about Deb and barely even knows she's there half the time. I think her feelings will help keep Dex from being turned in and with the way she feels about that "fucker" Travis (as she put it), I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with Dex doing him in - especially if he explains to her that he had tried to kill Harrison.

I wouldn't doubt if they decide to make it look as they found Travis (after devising some plan) dead - so Deb looks good for her job and shows up LaGuerta.

Also I have the feeling that therapist Deb has been seeing is nothing but a mind-fuck and maybe LaGuerta is in on it somehow, since Deb is on the verge of a nervous breakdown and this is LaGuerta's way to eliminate her before Deb tries to do any kind of snooping around and fuck her over like LG did to Matthews.

All in all, while some of it was predictable, I thought it was pretty good. I like all the little side storylines they had going - the tooth fairy guy, the night at the high school reunion and whatever else going on.

I LOVE this show, and while people have been bashing this season left and right on other boards, I just say "fuck them". It's pure mindless entertainment for me.

And I know the next 10 months before Season 7 comes around is going to be pure, fuckin' agonizing torture! Augh!

rjbrasher Guest
    damn 10 months!! ugh i hate waiting, its worth the wait but still i want it now hehehe.

Missing Dexter actress found:
    http://www.eonline.com/news/333560/m...at-jfk-airport

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I have a very vague memory of her. Bipolar and trying to buy a plane ticket after calling her family a bunch of terrorists? Good thing her family alerted the cops or who knows what the hell would've happened to her.

Seen it already but probably not everyone has yet. Thanks Aries

So excited, the season with Lithgow was genius, they totally lost me with Lumen, this past season's twist was apparent from the get go. This season better rock.

Oh, I think it will. Dexter hasn't let me down yet.

If it ever starts to suck continuously, I'll be the first one yelling take it off the air. I hate when good shows are allowed to go to shit. So far, this one's all good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    So excited, the season with Lithgow was genius, they totally lost me with Lumen, this past season's twist was apparent from the get go. This season better rock.
    I'm with you. It would be hard to top Lithgow.

Ohhhhh SNAP!! This is looking good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzpnjVmuCA

rjbrasher Guest
    mawhaha i can't wait!!!

Looks good!!!

26. 08-24-2012, 10:34 PM

27. 08-25-2012, 06:47 AM

28. 08-25-2012, 12:36 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

Wow, no mention of the premiere episode of Dexter season 7?

I thought it was really good. Deb knows about Dexter straight out of the gate. No pussy-footin' around and dragging it out. This looks like a really good season.

I got a sneak peek clip of episode two after Deb confronts Dexter. Some really good acting on her part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXDv...5&feature=plcp

(sorry, couldn't embed it!)

I liked it except for a few nitpicks. My biggest was the airport kill, no way in hell he could have gotten away with that. I also didn't like Deb going to a gas station very close to the church, the local gas station cameras would be checked. Jennifer Carpenter is at her most amazing when she is scared. The ending of the premiere made up for everything though.

For the most part enjoyed the first episode of season. Dexter looks really tired and stressed. As does Deb. We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    For the most part enjoyed the first episode of season. Dexter looks really tired and stressed. As does Deb. We will see...
    Even if it's due to them working together after the divorce or to his recovery from cancer, it works well with what's going on in the show right now. Could also be top notch acting. Either way, both of their characters would naturally look stressed right now. He has to admit he's a serial killer to the person who the truth will hirt most - especially if she finds out the history of it, including the part Harry played in helping Dex evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I liked it except for a few nitpicks. My biggest was the airport kill, no way in hell he could have gotten away with that. I also didn't like Deb going to a gas station very close to the church, the local gas station cameras would be checked. Jennifer Carpenter is at her most amazing when she is scared. The ending of the premiere made up for everything though.
    ITA. The writers have an increasingly higher bar to reach, but I think it'll be a good season. Plus, possible shades of LaGuerta biting it? The gal we all love to hate!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Yep. LaGuerta and Angel's marriage just never sat right with me. And she's a bitchy, sycophantic pain in the ass,, which doesn't help too many people I know have any empathy for her character. The only time I liked her character was when she realized what Miguel was really like.

Wendy A. Guest
    I used to watch Dexter religiously. I thought the very first episode was AWESOME! I was hooked! The last season I watched was with Lithgow. I really need to get caught up! I'm for sure gonna watch the last season. I hope he doesn't get caught!

Susan66454 Guest
    Does it seem like Dexter is getting more evil or is it just me?

I can't stand Debra, I just want her out of the show

BTW I just thought of this great & fun game....

Before there is a public finish date for Dexter, why don't we post here what you want, how you want Dexter to end.?

I say season by season Debra starts to piece together that Dexter is the original serial killer after some scuba divers go down for their enjoyment, only to find the trash bags down at the bottom. The trash bags are collected & opened & guess what.... they are the remains if any, of Dexter's victims.
    Debra traps Dexter as she loves her job so much and her hands are tied & she has to shoot him. Dexter is dead, Debra is..... I really hate to say this because i effin hate her with all my fibers.....is a hero. Then she quits the homicide work.

I am in season 6 and haven't started it yet- actually only onto the 2nd DVD.

PS anyone find it odd that Debra doesn't have flashbacks? It just occurred to me.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 10-04-2012 at 08:52 PM.

She does. In seasons 2 and 5.

I really love Deb. She's one of my favorites on the show. I especially love her potty mouth - probably because I have one of my own!

I don't see Deb dying on the show. I think she comes to accept Dexter for what he is. Altho if the show is going to end at Season 8, it's going to go out with some sort of bang to tie it all up pretty neatly.

You can't go far once people, especially Deb of all people, discover who Dexter is. Unless the people are going to agree with the fact that 'oh Dexter just kills bad guys. Okay then, I understand, cool. Next case...'

In the actual Dexter books - she does come to accept him.

pwem Guest

They look fantabulous! And that chef's got quite the tongue twister of a name, lol.

Kiersten Guest
    This season, only one episode in, seems to have better footing than the last two. Especially five. That season, overall, I think was it's weakest. Last season, I felt okay with. Wasn't really amazing, yet not as low as five.

After watching the premier last week, I've been stoked about Dexter again. I can't wait until tomorrow's next episode

And those cupcakes look really cool!

What? Surprised to be the first to post about the latest episode...but I'm having insomnia...
    pretty much loved it, except hard to believe how Deb's processing Dexter's dark passenger. Annoying character at times, but very well-portrayed IMO. When she punched him, I thought it might've been real, considering the emotional background of both characters and the actors themselves.
    Love the twists and turns with Dexter's "harmless" stalker. As for this Russian mafia tie-in, we'll see...

Based on what I saw for the preview for episode 3...Louis is not long for this world. He was on the boat when the Russian Mafia stepped up for a visit.

This certainly has taken an upswing for the best now that Deb knows about Dexter’s secret. Can’t wait until next weeks episode now

What's all this fuss I hear about the Speltzer boy?

LOVED this week's episode!!! The scene where Deb tried to save the girl in the freaky-deaky's house was so Clarice/Buffalo Bill. Ooo!!! And complete left-turn with Louis (well, maybe you all saw it coming, but...when I watch suspense/horror shows/movies, I suspend the prediction part of my brain and just ride the roller-coaster). LOVE.
    Still waiting to see what LaGuerta's gonna do.

SC.. What are your thoughts on this season so far?

Why just me? Not to be a butthole but I can listen to what I think all day long. So, what do you Boots, and all of you guys think?

Overall I think it's a dandy season. But nothing has topped Trinity yet, imo. Nothing.

Why just me? Not to be a butthole but I can listen to what I think all day long.
    You are such a brat. Dexter though... It's not catching me again this season. I want it to, but it's just not happening. I think the actor that plays Quinn needs some help outside of the show, and his plot is so damn boring. I'm with you on the Trinity season, that was some gooooood shit. I refused to watch this show at first because i'm a 6 Feet Under fanatic. I started from the first season, and watched it when it was new during Trinity. We watch Dexter and Homeland every Sunday, and Homeland is what i'm diggin' the most right now. The Russian "villian" this year, is just not doing it for me.

Possible spoilers about what happens the rest of the season. Do NOT click the link if you don't want to know!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...1v5o1_1280.jpg

The guy might be right on the money... since he got what happened with Hannah & Dexter tonight right!