Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Ugh! October?! Was hoping it would be September like it normally is. Oh well, I've been keeping occupied with The Big C on showtime. Enjoying last seasons episodes of Dexter they've been showing though.

Red face

Augst 16 = dexter dvd season 5
    I fukin hate Debra. shes such a pessimest.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 07-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been running into plenty of Dexter filming sites again this season. Several weeks ago caught them filming a scene at a local church of Dex taking Harrison to preschool. Security was cool, they let us in closer to have a peek so long as we didn't stand directly across from the church entrance while they were shooting. Got to see Harrison's lil twin double

Also saw Debra walking up and down the street - in a huge brimmed hat and humongous sun glasses. She caught me trying to peek at her and held the brim of her hat over her face as she paced about the shoot.

There is an auto shop in the area too where they've been constantly as well. Caught em again Wednesday while running work errands. Supposedly it is doubling as a shop in the show owned by Mos Def's character.

I'll post pics as soon as I can, lately between work and homeschooling I've been too busy for FAD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

thought season 5 was so so, I hope 6 makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    yea its really running out of ideas... Me thinks the end is near for ol Dexter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

they need to stop trying to jam so many guest stars and ironic twists into it. They can go for a few more seasons I think, the premise of the show is awesome.

stacebabe Guest
    I think they made a mistake making Season 4 so soon. That plot/guest star were superb. I'm not sure they can top that. They probably should've done that one last. I was so high off of season 4 that I thought, "Wow! Can't wait to see what they come up with next!" and was, I don't want to say disappointed, but a bit deflated by Season 5.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah same here. I really hope Season 6 makes up for season 5's lack of excitement

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I think they made a mistake making Season 4 so soon. That plot/guest star were superb. I'm not sure they can top that. They probably should've done that one last. I was so high off of season 4 that I thought, "Wow! Can't wait to see what they come up with next!" and was, I don't want to say disappointed, but a bit deflated by Season 5.

I agree for the most part, but I was disappointed.

Kiersten Guest
    I love Dexter, but season 5 was awful. I didn't like how Julia Styles acted with the Lumen character. Everything she did was too forced.

Season 6 first episode was leaked and I watched it. Much better opener than 5. There were some things I didn't like about it, but it has given me some hope for the new season.

Viva el Dexter! New season starts in 3 days. Clips of the first episode are up: http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/episo...id=UfRoIvldKZ7

I already saw the first episode of Season 6 a few days ago. Found it on a torrent. It's REALLY, REALLY good. You guys are in for a treat!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Excited!!!

hallowbones Guest
    Watched season 6 first ep last night... I was impressed. A step forward definitely from season 5. I swore if I saw Lumen back in this season I wouldn't watch...

Glad I didn't... I love Dexter.

intothelight Guest
    So tonight's episode was good. The new antagonist seems quite interesting. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Holy frankenf***!!! Best Deb line EVER!!! The last scene where Dexter is dropping Harrison to his first day of school is the one we watched being filmed. Hubby's car was barely hiding behind a tree in the scene. This looks like the start to a kick ass season!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidChrissy Guest
    I'm sooo happy that Dexter's back!!! <3

RaRaRamona Guest
    Whew no Lumen, new serial killer, yays!

OK...finally I'll post pics of the Dexter shoot we stumbled upon...I believe this to be the last scene of the premiere, although I need to go back and check the wardrobe. We also saw "Deb" walking around the set with a big straw hat and huge shades on. When she saw I was trying to get a closer look at her she pulled the hat around her face and tried to avoid us. Ooops...In one of these pics you'll see "Harrison's" twin brother Also I need to look closer and find the pic that has the nun that Dexter was meeting with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dexter preschool 1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	39308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dexter preschool 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	39309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dexter preschool 3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	39310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dexter preschool 4.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	39311  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dexter preschool 5.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	39312  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I laughed so loud at Dex's hammer time!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I laughed so loud at Dex's hammer time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    aaaw cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    OK...finally I'll post pics of the Dexter shoot we stumbled upon...I believe this to be the last scene of the premiere, although I need to go back and check the wardrobe. We also saw "Deb" walking around the set with a big straw hat and huge shades on. When she saw I was trying to get a closer look at her she pulled the hat around her face and tried to avoid us. Ooops...In one of these pics you'll see "Harrison's" twin brother Also I need to look closer and find the pic that has the nun that Dexter was meeting with.
    Super sweet!!!
    I have to say...some of the writing/dialogue seemed weaker than in past seasons...but that's my only tiny criticism. The repartee involving Masuka was hilarious as always...
    Whenever I watch Dexter, I crave Cuban food. Wish there was some good Cuban in DC! Maybe there is...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Also I need to look closer and find the pic that has the nun that Dexter was meeting with.
    P.S. Who *was* the actress who plays that nun? She looks so familiar...can't think of what else I've seen her in, if anything?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Yay! Thanks Morty

I laughed so loud at Dex's hammer time!!!
    Me too. That was my favorite moment in the whole episode, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Super sweet!!!
    I have to say...some of the writing/dialogue seemed weaker than in past seasons...but that's my only tiny criticism. The repartee involving Masuka was hilarious as always...
    Whenever I watch Dexter, I crave Cuban food. Wish there was some good Cuban in DC! Maybe there is...
    Maybe there is: http://www.tasteofcuba.com/cubanrecipes.html

P.S. Who *was* the actress who plays that nun? She looks so familiar...can't think of what else I've seen her in, if anything?
    You know, I thought she did too. Let's see if the episode is up on imdb yet and what they have to say, if so. Please hold (This is normally where I'd insert some lovely hold music for you to listen to while you wait. However, just click either my sig link or the above Hammer time video link for that this time. I'ma lookin' shit up right now! )

Thank you for holding.

Mystery solved...for me anyway. Her name is Michael Hyatt and she's been in a_lot of things I've seen: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0404924/

I can't seem to find the "Hammertime" clip.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I can't seem to find the "Hammertime" clip.
    I posted it a few flights up on this page. Click and ye shall find.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-05-2011 at 11:50 PM.

I posted it a few flights up on this page. Click and ye shall find.
    Heh! Thanks for the "hold" music, too! I usually read this forum on my phone, so everything takes foreverrrrrr...

Heh! Thanks for the "hold" music, too! I usually read this forum on my phone, so everything takes foreverrrrrr...
    I know how you feel. My current phone is like that. However, I just got a new one and once my brain is back in 'set it up' mode, I'll do that and take it for a spin here. This place is an excellent testing ground for stuff like that because of the diversity of content the forum software provides all in one place.

In fact, I think that if Dexter were a real person he'd really like this forum - especially the Police Blotter section for all of his 'one stop shopping' needs, as it were.

I think that if Dexter were a real person he'd really like this forum - especially the Police Blotter section for all of his 'one stop shopping' needs, as it were.
    Definitely! All this convenient info, right at his fingertips!
    I loved the "visuals" from this week's Episode One (the imagery created out of the corpses). Creepy and cool - looking forward to seeing more!

Her name is Michael Hyatt and she's been in a_lot of things I've seen: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0404924/
    Thanks!! NOW I remember...she was on "The Wire" (my *other* favorite TV show!) as Brianna Barksdale (D'Angelo's mother, Avon's sister). *THAT'S* where I most recently saw her (though I also saw her in "The Good Girl"). Ahhh...now I can sleep at night

intothelight Guest
    THAT is so cool!!

I like that Dex has a new ally. Much more like the first season.

Thanks!! NOW I remember...she was on "The Wire" (my *other* favorite TV show!) as Brianna Barksdale (D'Angelo's mother, Avon's sister). *THAT'S* where I most recently saw her (though I also saw her in "The Good Girl"). Ahhh...now I can sleep at night
    Any ol' time

MorbidChrissy Guest
    I like Mos Def's character. I hope he doesn't die!

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    I like Mos Def's character. I hope he doesn't die!
    I haven't decided if I like him. The character not being fleshed-out enough yet being the reason why. The possibilities his character brings to the show are interesting, though.

I bet Brother Sam will show his true colors eventually and will be on Dexter's slice & dice table by the end of the season...

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I bet Brother Sam will show his true colors eventually and will be on Dexter's slice & dice table by the end of the season...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Nice little front.

bluebird14 Guest
    Brother Sam is a cool cat y'all. I hope Dexter doesn't have to kill him! I'm LOVING the casting this season But I also think that Quinn is being a dick and not dealing with his emotions over his breakup with Deb.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dexter/HarrisonsPreschool.shtml

C
    heck this out...I was cited big time on this page for the Dexter preschool film location. Pics and video. I can safely say Brother Sam will last most the season, they were filming at his auto shop almost up to the end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well done, Morty!

intothelight Guest
    Awesome Morty!! I'm jealous you were that close to Michael C. Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    Brother Sam is a cool cat y'all. I hope Dexter doesn't have to kill him! I'm LOVING the casting this season But I also think that Quinn is being a dick and not dealing with his emotions over his breakup with Deb.
    ITA. To me, it's good that Quinn is being a dillweed because those are his true colors coming through (up until Deb's marriage-proposal rejection, he seemed almost okay).
    When did Mos Def change his name to just plain Mos?
    At the end of this latest episode, they showed the scenes of what is to come...I was like, "Man! The next episode is going to be freaking awesome! There must be nine different plot lines going!" ...and my husband was like, "Uhm, those were probably scenes from the whole rest of the season...not just next week's episode..."
    It doesn't matter much to me because of the type of character he's portraying, but actor Colin Hanks has always been one of my least-favorites. There's something weird about his acting that sticks out to me - like he's not acting at all, or trying too hard, or something. He was decent in "Band of Brothers" but maybe because he only appeared briefly, as an officer douchebag. JMO

P.S. Anybody else love how Angel doesn't/can't pronounce the letter "R"? I always find myself imitating him fwom my couch at wandom times duwwing the show...

MorbidChrissy Guest
    ITA. To me, it's good that Quinn is being a dillweed because those are his true colors coming through (up until Deb's marriage-proposal rejection, he seemed almost okay).
    When did Mos Def change his name to just plain Mos?
    At the end of this latest episode, they showed the scenes of what is to come...I was like, "Man! The next episode is going to be freaking awesome! There must be nine different plot lines going!" ...and my husband was like, "Uhm, those were probably scenes from the whole rest of the season...not just next week's episode..."
    It doesn't matter much to me because of the type of character he's portraying, but actor Colin Hanks has always been one of my least-favorites. There's something weird about his acting that sticks out to me - like he's not acting at all, or trying too hard, or something. He was decent in "Band of Brothers" but maybe because he only appeared briefly, as an officer douchebag. JMO
    I'm pretty sure the preview was just for the next episode. It looks REALLY good. At the end of this past episode, I was wondering what was going on with the horses. Like, were they mannequins on horses? Was it some kind of art thing? Then I realized they were body parts sewn together like Frankenstein's creature! Can't wait 'til next episode!!

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Had to bump up this thread because it's Dexter and it can't be on the second page! Good episode last Sunday. No Dexter kills but I still thought it was good. I like how they show his loving father side and his serial killer side.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    Had to bump up this thread because it's Dexter and it can't be on the second page! Good episode last Sunday. No Dexter kills but I still thought it was good. I like how they show his loving father side and his serial killer side.
    I thought it was pretty good, too...Kinda gross that Deb will be living in the homicide-suicide house, but if anyone can handle it, she can :P

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Oh no! Poor Brother Sam!

This season has sooooo reeled me back in to watching again.... missed the past two being abroad, have fallen right back into it.

I've been reading on a few other message boards that the next couple episodes of the show are going to reveal some pretty intense twists - including bringing back certain people, and things happening that are going to change the course of the show for good. If any of you are curious - go to the IMDB message boards for the Dexter show to see what is being said. Or, just wait and see what happens!