Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson & The Manson Murders

punklove Guest

The above pic makes me really.. mad. You know thats the exact face she was making as she was killing people.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 02-02-2010 at 09:26 PM.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagitha View Post
    Freaky is a good word for it that is one scary bitch.
    Haha, the first time I saw that picture it freaaaaked me out!!! She looks like that girl from the ring movie.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Notice the man above Tex looking in the window.
    It's kinda eerie that a)Someone is looking in and b)That whoever it is resembles Tex!

After marrying tex watson.
    When?
    Before the murders or after he went to prison?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    From what little I've heard, in a professional studio, background singers, and instruments, and a little "tweaking" he might have been really good!
    Especially with all the sounds that came out in the late sixties and early seventies.
    Leonard Cohen comes to mind.

Sam Guest

Sexy photo of Jay! I wish I knew who owns that Porsche today!

Sam Guest

Aerial view of the home of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca in the Silverlake area.

I wonder if that's their Thunderbird with the boat behind it in the street?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Sexy photo of Jay! I wish I knew who owns that Porsche today!
    I agree...that's the best pic I've ever seen of Sebring.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Notice the man above Tex looking in the window.
    It's kinda eerie that a)Someone is looking in and b)That whoever it is resembles Tex!

When?
    Before the murders or after he went to prison?
    1-Wow thats totally creepy, I never noticed that!!!

2- She married him after he was in prison, she was one of his groupies during the trial.. they didnt know each other before he was in prison.

GrinReaper Guest
    She married him after he was in prison, she was one of his groupies during the trial.. they didnt know each other before he was in prison.
    Thanx for the reply.

I'll just never understand the mentallity of someone wanting to marry a murderer who's behind bars.
    Somethin ain't right in the head of anyone who does so. Male or female.

punklove Guest
    Charles Watson was tried separately, after being extradited from Texas.
    In October of 1970 Watson was sent to Atascadero State Hospital while other Family members were already on trial. At the time he was adjudged insane and unable to stand trial. A report said the then 24-year-old was “turning into a vegetable.” He was being fed by a tube having lost 50 pounds and staring off into space and giggling.

A UPI story quotes the report, “He remains mute and nonverbal,” it said. “At times he appears to understand and tears well up in his eyes.”
    He was later judged competent to stand trial and was convicted of seven murders and sentenced to death in 1971. He was implicated but never charged in the death of ranch caretaker Shorty Shea as more evidence came to light after Watson’s trial. A year after his death sentence, California’s capital punishment convictions were invalidated and commuted to life in prison.

Watson came to California Men’s Colony in the 1970’s, arguably the institution’s most infamous inmate. He became a born again Christian, an ordained minister and became a assistant pastor while at CMC. In 1979 he was denied a request to be classified a minimum security prisoner. For over a decade every time he came up for a parole hearing Doris Tate, mother of Sharon, would make the horrific pilgrimage to attend and testify.

The incarceration was not without controversy. On the afternoon September 7, 1979 he married a woman from New Jersey who he had corresponded with and who moved to San Luis Obispo at his request.

Charles Watson, 33, and Kristin Svege, 20, were wed on the prison lawn by John S. Milton, pastor of the First Assembly of God Church in Arroyo Grande.

They would have four children thanks to a conjugal visit program started under the administration of Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1971. Promoting family values was the reason the program was established. Prisoner rights groups defended the program as a way to encourage rehabilitation of model prisoners for their eventual release. The prison union called it an expensive nightmare to secure citing the risks of smuggling, violence and child molestation. Doris Tate would be one of the leaders who spurred legislators to end the program. Doris Tate died in 1992.
    In 1987 Watson was accused by another inmate of abusing his power at the chapel but the charge was later withdrawn. The prison investigated the claim and cleared Watson.

Later Watson was reassigned after a Los Angeles prosecutor discovered that both Watson and fellow Manson Family member Bruce Davis were working at the chapel.Medi-Cal investigators raided the San Luis Obispo house of Kristin Watson looking for answers to allegations that she failed to report income from the couple’s mail order religious business. They sold cassette tapes of sermons by Charles and Kristin singing religious songs. The birth of the children was covered by Medi-Cal.

Over the years the rules governing parole hearings have changed from annual reviews to longer periods. According to one website Watson’s next hearing will be in 2011. Parole commissioners in their transcripts repeatedly cite the cruel and calculated brutality of the crimes and their doubt that the prisoner has made more than a superficial conversion.Watson was transfered to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione in April of 1993 as the prison population mix was changed at CMC. Over 300 “lifers” were transferred so that the prison could serve mentally disturbed inmates. In July 2003 Tex and Kristin Watson divorced.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Charles Watson was tried separately, after being extradited from Texas.
    In October of 1970 Watson was sent to Atascadero State Hospital while other Family members were already on trial. At the time he was adjudged insane and unable to stand trial. A report said the then 24-year-old was ??turning into a vegetable.? He was being fed by a tube having lost 50 pounds and staring off into space and giggling.

A UPI story quotes the report, ??He remains mute and nonverbal,? it said. ??At times he appears to understand and tears well up in his eyes.?
    He was later judged competent to stand trial and was convicted of seven murders and sentenced to death in 1971. He was implicated but never charged in the death of ranch caretaker Shorty Shea as more evidence came to light after Watson??s trial. A year after his death sentence, California??s capital punishment convictions were invalidated and commuted to life in prison.

Watson came to California Men??s Colony in the 1970??s, arguably the institution??s most infamous inmate. He became a born again Christian, an ordained minister and became a assistant pastor while at CMC. In 1979 he was denied a request to be classified a minimum security prisoner. For over a decade every time he came up for a parole hearing Doris Tate, mother of Sharon, would make the horrific pilgrimage to attend and testify.

The incarceration was not without controversy. On the afternoon September 7, 1979 he married a woman from New Jersey who he had corresponded with and who moved to San Luis Obispo at his request.

Charles Watson, 33, and Kristin Svege, 20, were wed on the prison lawn by John S. Milton, pastor of the First Assembly of God Church in Arroyo Grande.

They would have four children thanks to a conjugal visit program started under the administration of Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1971. Promoting family values was the reason the program was established. Prisoner rights groups defended the program as a way to encourage rehabilitation of model prisoners for their eventual release. The prison union called it an expensive nightmare to secure citing the risks of smuggling, violence and child molestation. Doris Tate would be one of the leaders who spurred legislators to end the program. Doris Tate died in 1992.
    In 1987 Watson was accused by another inmate of abusing his power at the chapel but the charge was later withdrawn. The prison investigated the claim and cleared Watson.

Later Watson was reassigned after a Los Angeles prosecutor discovered that both Watson and fellow Manson Family member Bruce Davis were working at the chapel.Medi-Cal investigators raided the San Luis Obispo house of Kristin Watson looking for answers to allegations that she failed to report income from the couple??s mail order religious business. They sold cassette tapes of sermons by Charles and Kristin singing religious songs. The birth of the children was covered by Medi-Cal.

Over the years the rules governing parole hearings have changed from annual reviews to longer periods. According to one website Watson??s next hearing will be in 2011. Parole commissioners in their transcripts repeatedly cite the cruel and calculated brutality of the crimes and their doubt that the prisoner has made more than a superficial conversion.Watson was transfered to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione in April of 1993 as the prison population mix was changed at CMC. Over 300 ??lifers? were transferred so that the prison could serve mentally disturbed inmates. In July 2003 Tex and Kristin Watson divorced.
    How/why can someone become an 'ordained minister' while serving a life sentence for multiple murder? Why should said murderer be allowed to marry, FATHER CHILDREN, have the state (MediCal) PAY for their births--all the while making money from a mail-order 'religious business' ???

This shit is fucking APPALLING. And Ronald Reagan established the conjugal visit program citing promoting family values as his reasoning? Sorry, but what a dickheaded half-wit. God I hated that guy. Thank goodness Doris Tate was still around to help get those bullshit 'policies' off the books.

Good God--"prisoner's rights"??? I'm gonna go puke now.

Nelliebean Guest
    Conjugal visits have never made sense to me. Is it some kind of reward for good behavoir?

Let him have them AFTER he's been snipped.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Conjugal visits have never made sense to me. Is it some kind of reward for good behavoir?

Let him have them AFTER he's been snipped.
    The idea of it is all so silly to me! I think that it said that he would get a 48 hour 'visit' every 2 months that he was 'good' and that just makes my blood BOIL!

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    How/why can someone become an 'ordained minister' while serving a life sentence for multiple murder? Why should said murderer be allowed to marry, FATHER CHILDREN, have the state (MediCal) PAY for their births--all the while making money from a mail-order 'religious business' ???

This shit is fucking APPALLING. And Ronald Reagan established the conjugal visit program citing promoting family values as his reasoning? Sorry, but what a dickheaded half-wit. God I hated that guy. Thank goodness Doris Tate was still around to help get those bullshit 'policies' off the books.

Good God--"prisoner's rights"??? I'm gonna go puke now.
    It seems there were a LOT of questions about the money that he was taking in as well.. Oddly enough the year that it came out that something was going on with the 'business' he was running was the same year that he had a parole hearing.. That he skipped.

Hippo Guest
    Does anybody have any info on Bruce Davis's parole?

I saw on the news last night that the Parole Board recommended he be released.

Is this possible?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I have a feeling he's going to be free very very soon. The final decision will be up to Schwarzenneger--he has 30 days to decide once the corrections review of the parole board recommendation is submitted to him.

Angry Bruce Davis Rcommended for Parole

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hippo Guest
    Oh, sorry, I posted about this on the Sharon Tate thread. Maybe you want to move it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I have a feeling he's going to be free very very soon. The final decision will be up to Schwarzenneger--he has 30 days to decide once the corrections review of the parole board recommendation is submitted to him.
    some where Susan Atkins' widower James Whitehouse is fit to be tied.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    some where Susan Atkins' widower James Whitehouse is fit to be tied.
    Hopefully the only thing hes 'tied' is the noose around his neck before he pushes a chair out from under his pathetic feet.

Though if hes behaving anything like he has in the past more than likely thumbing through allserialkillers.com trying to find a new girl before valentines day.

Psssst... James, Ive heard that Betty Broderick has loads of free time lately.

jaylene Guest
    Hopefully the only thing hes 'tied' is the noose around his neck before he pushes a chair out from under his pathetic feet.

Though if hes behaving anything like he has in the past more than likely thumbing through allserialkillers.com trying to find a new girl before valentines day.

Psssst... James, Ive heard that Betty Broderick has loads of free time lately.
    Just don't ever leave her for another younger, prettier woman.

If you drive the car that delivers murderers to the scene of their crime, you deserve the same amount of time as the murderers.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

TEXAS HAQ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    If you drive the car that delivers murderers to the scene of their crime, you deserve the same amount of time as the murderers.
    Bravo!!!!!! Well said Neil. You should be on that parole board

They have a new interview with Atkins widower James Whitehouse he tells about how Susan saved his life and they fell in love. on www.orangecoastmagazine.com

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    They have a new interview with Atkins widower James Whitehouse he tells about how Susan saved his life and they fell in love. on www.orangecoastmagazine.com

Thanks! I had to search it to find on that site, below is the link to the article. Im much more interested in his repeated attachment to 'evil' women.. How many times can one person write to a crazy chick in prison and attempt to marry them? Well, we can ask Veronica Compton, his 'first' prison crush.

http://www.orangecoastmagazine.com/a....aspx?id=20156

I've been out of touch for awhile but am back & trying to catch up on all the great info that's being given out.

It's amazing to me, just when I think I've learned as much as I can about this case, my fellow hags provide even more enlightening details and discussions!

I don't know if anyone else has read or heard this, but it appears the green light's been given to let Bruce Davis out on parole! Yikes!!
    And the way I understood the article I read, under the state law, the governor can't block his release. Does anyone out there know about this new development?

And FYI, I've always been a little curious as to what became of the remains of the vampira of the group, Susan Atkins. It appears her cremains are in a box sitting on her beloved's desk. Lovely.

Where did you hear that Kasey? I looked at the Tate Family Legacy site, but I don't see anything about an imminent release.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

lola Guest
    Wow...appears to be true about Bruce Davis per LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7188690.story

Looks like he was recommended for parole.

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    Wow...appears to be true about Bruce Davis per LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7188690.story

Looks like he was recommended for parole.
    Thanks for the more detailed article, Lola. I just hope & pray that he doesn't get the needed approval to get paroled.

You know, it's interesting that he makes it sound like he wasn't involved in the killing but then stated that he "slashed" Shorty on the shoulder, instead of following Manson's directive to chop off his head. I'm curious as to who actually, then, caused the "chopping" on Shorty's head. Seeing his autopsy report showing the many chops to his head is chilling, to say the least.

I just hope to God this piece of trash doesn't get released back into society. But seeing how Grogan was released, I don't know.

Hagitha Guest
    That is terrible news, I can't believe they are going to let him out.

TIMB1967 Guest
    I personally think they should have just flushed Susan Adkins remains and turned her back out into the wild..but that's just me.

Patrise Guest
    I think that now Atkins is dead they will all be let out everyone but Charlie and Tex.

sedemika Guest
    I found this very interesting website about Abigail's half-sister Elizabeth Jane Folger.
    Elizabeth looks a lot like Abigail. I believe Abigail and Elizabeth share the same father not mother because I don't recall her name within Ines Mejia's obituary.

Elizabeth lives in San Francisco and is very active with the Symphony committe.

Quote Originally Posted by sedemika View Post
    I found this very interesting website about Abigail's half-sister Elizabeth Jane Folger.
    Elizabeth looks a lot like Abigail. I believe Abigail and Elizabeth share the same father not mother because I don't recall her name within Ines Mejia's obituary.

Elizabeth lives in San Francisco and is very active with the Symphony committe.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize Gibby had a half-sister. It's a shame there isn't an autobiography on her. From what I've been able to find, it seems she really did a lot for the community. It's ashame that she hooked up with the wrong person, Voytek, & became involved in the drug scene to a certain extent. Seems like this probably contributed to some of the depression she was having at the time of her death.

Just when I think I've seen it all, I run across something like this. Thought I'd share.

These are the tattoos where you just can't help but ask the person WHY!?!

http://www.ktla.com/community/photos/ktla-bad-tattoos-gallery,0,3161175.photogal
    lery?index=kcpq-badtattoos-21

The link goes to a sign-in page. Can you maybe copy them to a site like photobucket and then link them here? Or is there another site that has them that folks don't have to sign into to see them?

My apologies! Here's the proper link. The picture I was referring to is #16.

www.ktla.com/community/photos/ktla-bad-tattoos-gallery

I'm not sure why I'm having difficulty with this link, but you can google this link & it should pull up the images.
    Last edited by kaseyko1; 02-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sedemika View Post

Elizabeth lives in San Francisco and is very active with the Symphony committee.

I've seen her @ the symphony a time or two. She actually looks very much like Tracey Ullman.

Gibby's mom died a year or two ago at 100 years of age, and right up until the end she never publicly discussed the murders--though, according to those who knew her, she was open to talking about it with friends.

I think she got through all of that by not giving the entire matter so much weight that it ruined her family's lives. It was what it was for her--a sad and horrifying tragedy that a family survives and then moves on from. She did not dwell on this at all.

Quite a lady--quite a family.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-07-2...ai-lama-friend

I've been trying to find out a little more about Bruce Davis' possible parole; however, on CharlieManson.com, it's stated that Bruce has a federal conviction he would have to serve time for if he's actually released by the state of California.

Has anyone out there read anything about his possible federal confinement if he's released by the state?

Here is screenshots of the late Patti Tate being interviewed in 1993 on "Inside Edition" about those Charles Manson t-shirts "Charlie don't surf" Patti said it really upset her seeing people wear those shirts "they have no idea what the murder of my sister has done to me and my family , it's something none of us will ever get over"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pattitate1993.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	286.1 KB 
ID:	27617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patti t3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	27618  

blair606 Guest
    Here's a video of Patti speaking about her anger towards Guns N Roses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZIz40MVUGI

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Knowing that Bruce Davis might or will be released scares the living daylights out of me. Somehow, I always associate him with the murder of Marina Habe. At the very least, he had a hand in it.

lisagr Guest
    Charlie Manson follower has slim chance at parole

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110120/...anson_follower

Slim to none. There is absolutely no way that any of the participants in the Tate-LaBianca murders will ever get out of jail. Patricia Krenwinkle may participate in every rehab program available, express remorse 'til her tongue falls out, earn 50 degrees, turn her soul inside out in an attempt to demonstrate the she has insight into her crimes, but the fact remains that she was one of "Charlie's Girls" and that trumps it all.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisagr View Post
    Charlie Manson follower has slim chance at parole

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110120/...anson_follower

I didn't know Bruce Davis' parole was revoked...that's great! As for the others, I agree...SLIM chances.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Charles Manson follower seeking parole after 40 years behind bars

Charles Manson follower seeking parole after 40 years behind bars

Set for release? Patricia Krenwinkel, who now has grey hair, has been behind bars for 40 years

A follower of Charles Manson who has been imprisoned longer than any other woman in California is facing a parole hearing on her conviction in the Sharon Tate killings.
    Grey-haired Patricia Krenwinkel is one of just two surviving female followers - but her chances for release appear slim because of the parole officials' rejections in other Manson cases.
    The 63-year-old has maintained a clean prison record in her four decades behind bars.

Krenwinkel was convicted along with Manson and two other female followers in seven 1969 murders, considered among the most notorious crimes of the 20th Century.
    Tate and four other people were found brutally slain at Tate's Los Angeles home and cult leader Manson and a group of his followers were later convicted of the crime.
    None of those found guilty have ever been given parole and one of them - Susan Atkins - died in prison last year after being denied compassionate release when she was terminally ill with cancer.
    Leslie Van Houten, 61, the youngest of the women convicted was long thought to be the most likely to win eventual release.
    But she was denied freedom last summer by officials who said she had not gained sufficient insight into her crimes.
    The callousness, viciousness and calculation of the seven murders committed by members of the Manson Family have repeatedly been flagged up as the reasons for denying the killers release.

Notorious killings: Charles Manson, left, is likely to die in prison following the seven killings in 1969. Right is victim Sharon Tate

Cult killings: Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel, centre, is seen walking to court in 1970 to appear over her role in the 1969 murders

Krenwinkel admitted during her trial that she chased down and stabbed heiress Abigail Folger at the Tate home on August 9, 1969, and participated in stabbing to death Leno and Rosemary LaBianca the following night.
    Both homes were defaced with bloody scrawlings.
    She was convicted along with Manson, Van Houten and Atkins. Another defendant, Charles "Tex" Watson was convicted in a separate trial.
    All were sentenced to death but their sentences were commuted to life when the U.S. Supreme Court briefly outlawed the death penalty in 1972.
    In her 40 years at the California Institution for Women, Krenwinkel has earned a bachelor's degree and participated in numerous self help programs as well as teaching illiterate prisoners how to read.

No release: Leslie Van Houten was denied freedom last year because she didn't have sufficient insight into her crimes (picture taken in 2002)

In recent years, she has been involved in a program to train service dogs for the disabled.
    Although she has not been disciplined while behind bars, her chances of parole are considered slim as other Manson followers had similar records. Last year, a number of them came before parole panels but were turned away.
    Bruce Davis was able to win a parole date only to have it revoked by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger who found that his release would be a danger to society.
    The 67-year-old was convicted of the 1969 murder of musician Gary Hinman but had no involvement in the Tate-LaBianca killings.
    Robert Beausoleil, 63, also convicted in the Hinman murder, was denied parole last year and told to come back to the board in five years.
    Cult leader Manson, 75, has refused to appear at his most recent parole hearings where he was denied a release date.
    His multiple disciplinary violations and refusals to participate in rehabilitation activities make it likely that he will never be released. At times he has said that he does not want his freedom and considers prison his home.

lisagr Guest

Why do they even bother to attend these hearings? They are never going to be released, their crimes are to high profile. Their lack of remorse, the singing, and constant disruptions through out their trial who's has forgotten that. I don't want them to ever be released and I'm glad so far that have not.

I too have been disturbed by the people who profess their admiration for Manson and his followers. My 16 year old daughter belongs to a social networking website (not FB) where many people have expressed their admiration for Charlie and his gang of loonies. She is aware of the story (being the daughter of a death hag, and a death hag in training herself) She wrote the following post, including a crime scene pic of Sharon. I thought it was pretty good for a 16 year old and thought I'd share it. Of course she still had people telling her that poor Charlie was "misunderstood and didn't kill anyone"

~~ "Okay, so there has been something that has been really bothering me lately. I??ve noticed that ****** seems to have a large Charles Manson fanbase. What really ticks me off is that most of the people who claim to ??admire? him are just attention-hungry teens who know absolutely nothing about him or what he has done. Kids who think that telling people they admire Charles Manson will make them sound cool. Well, trust me, it doesn??t. I know they??re trying to sound rebellious and dangerous, but what they come off as are ignorant, blind fools. Maybe he did have some good quotes that you enjoy reblogging, but that does not change who he was. You can??t look up to someone because you like his quotes.

As we all know, they killed Sharon Tate. But they also killed an unborn baby. They also killed an 18 year old boy, Steven, who just graduated from high school. He was working 2 jobs so that he could save up to go to college, but he was never given the chance. Nine people were taken away from their families, thanks to Charles Manson.

Look at this picture. Look at Sharon??s body and imagine it was your mother laying there, covered in blood. Imagine it was your sister, or your best friend. What if they had done that to someone in your family? Would you still be admiring him?

The most important thing in the world to me is my family. My worst fear is seeing them suffer. And it??s because I care about my own family so much that I am able to empathize for their families, and what they lost because of Charles Manson.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I know that I can??t change your mind. But before you go on about how great you think he or any of the other Manson family members are/were, think about Sharon??s mother, and the pain she felt for the rest of her life. Think about Steven??s family, and how devastated they were to lose him. Think about losing your brother or your sister, or your friend, or your mother or your father, and how alone you would feel without them. Then think about everyone praising the people who took them away from you."~~

Good post, smart girl.

I really get upset when I see a teen in a "Charlie Lives" tee with his picture on it.