Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obese person smashes toddler

Obese person smashes toddler

LA JOYA, Texas (AP) -- A 2-year-old boy who died with a fractured skull might have been accidentally crushed by a morbidly obese relative, authorities say.
    Investigators believe that the woman fell on the child, who was pronounced dead Tuesday, said Bobby Contreras, Hidalgo County justice of the peace.
    "It didn't look like there was any foul play from what I saw," he said.
    An autopsy was scheduled, with the cause of death to be announced Monday.
    Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño, who called the death "suspicious," said he would wait for an announcement on the cause before deciding whether to file charges.
    The child was believed to have been dropped off by his mother to spend the day with the bedridden relative, The McAllen Monitor reported Friday
    Last edited by JefeStone; 03-21-2008 at 07:49 PM.

MomOfThree Guest
    "The child was believed to have been dropped off by his mother to spend the day with the bedridden relative"

What business does this 2 year old have spending the day there? Sometimes it is hard enough to keep up when you are not obese. I know, I have a 6 year old and a 19 month old and one on the way..

What business does someone who is bedridden have watching a 2 year old?

Yeah. Bedridden people make fab babysitters. Duh!? WTF!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Mija, wanna go to the park? Do you have your forklift certification?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

spoiledkitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    LA JOYA, Texas (AP) -- A 2-year-old boy who died with a fractured skull might have been accidentally crushed by a morbidly obese relative, authorities say.
    Investigators believe that the woman fell on the child, who was pronounced dead Tuesday, said Bobby Contreras, Hidalgo County justice of the peace.
    "It didn't look like there was any foul play from what I saw," he said.
    An autopsy was scheduled, with the cause of death to be announced Monday.
    Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño, who called the death "suspicious," said he would wait for an announcement on the cause before deciding whether to file charges.
    The child was believed to have been dropped off by his mother to spend the day with the bedridden relative, The McAllen Monitor reported Friday
    That is horrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by MomOfThree View Post
    "The child was believed to have been dropped off by his mother to spend the day with the bedridden relative"

What business does this 2 year old have spending the day there? Sometimes it is hard enough to keep up when you are not obese. I know, I have a 6 year old and a 19 month old and one on the way..
    I had my oldest 2 sons 12 months apart and I could never imagine letting someone bedridden watch either of them and now little miss is coming anyday(monday the latest) I could think of better people to watch my kids than someone ina bed!
    Quote Originally Posted by comie_nessa@hotmail.com View Post
    THEY DON'T
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Yeah. Bedridden people make fab babysitters. Duh!? WTF!
    LOL, ICH you kill me. I love your sarcasim it always makes me smile.

ha ha ha

motherogod Guest
    Jeez... that is terrible. Who's in on the pool for how long it will take to have Oprah or Dr. Phil have the lady on their show to shame her and make her cry... then it's MAKEOVER TIME! That's right! Woohoo! Lap-band procedure!

That, or the touching story on the 10 o'clock news, complete with background piano music, and a fund set up for the family for the "remaining children's education."

I do agree, dropping a child off to stay with the bedridden relative? Wow! I'm impressed that she at least tried to get out of the bed, but man that's why you're bedridden! You might fall! Just dreadful.

cachluv Guest
    No, Nancy Grace is going to call her on the phone and yell at her.

THEN justice will be served.

Maybe she will commit suicide after the Nance! Always good for ratings!

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL Oh I am a sinner.

That really is unbelievable. Parents need to start being held accountable for crap like this. Just like the bright ones that left their kid with the drunk babysitter.

lostsoul23 Guest
    You know, it's when I read stuff like this I wonder: I have to have a license or permit to do just about everything-drive, hunt, run a business....yet it seems like anyone can reproduce and do stupid stuff like this.

Jazbabee Guest
    Just reminds me of how many people are stuck on stupid out there. Why would there not be adequate help/supervision with a child visiting a bedridden relative ?

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Stupidity at its very best!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Get inside my belly! Baby,the other white meat!!! Sorry for that outburst...btw, did the local CSI team find any BBQ sauce near or about the toddler's head??? Again, I'm very sorry....

Lita Guest
    I love you, Ich!

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledkitty View Post
    That is horrible!

I had my oldest 2 sons 12 months apart and I could never imagine letting someone bedridden watch either of them and now little miss is coming anyday(monday the latest) I could think of better people to watch my kids than someone ina bed!
    Congrats on little miss!! Maybe she'll be born on Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Get inside my belly! Baby,the other white meat!!! Sorry for that outburst...btw, did the local CSI team find any BBQ sauce near or about the toddler's head??? Again, I'm very sorry....
    Between you and Ich, I'm surprised I haven't absolutely ruined my keyboard by spitting my drinks on it.

Okay so the relative fell on the two year old. She must be embarrassed and feel terrible about it! However, if she's bedridden, what was stopping the child from sticking a fork into the light socket in the living room? She couldn't have stopped him. I'm hoping that if charges are filed in this case it's against the mother and not the relative. I don't think she said "I'm going to roll out of bed and crush your head!" Ooo, that rhymed!

MomOfThree Guest
    I don't really have a problem leaving my 6 year old with my parents ( 46 and 50 years old and in good shape ) because he can fend for himself for the most part. My 19 month old stays home with me most of the time just because I know 2 are hard to keep up with. Plus I drive them nuts calling and checking up on them ALL THE TIME. My third is due in 2 weeks and I don't see him staying with anyone much. I guess the moral is I go a bit overboard with protecting my kids but I know for damned sure they won't be under my obese Aunt!

Lita Guest
    Your parents can keep up with your six year old. I thought your third was going to be a girl. You're going to have three boys? You're a braver woman than I.

MomOfThree Guest
    I think someone else is due to have a little girl by Monday. I wanted boys.. I surely don't think I can deal with a girl. Give them some cars, dirt and a bath and they are in heaven.. at least mine are happy.

Harrietd Guest
    We had a similar case here in Germany a few weeks ago where a man weighing approx. 280 pds. sat on his wife's chest (she was about 130 pds.) Of course, he crushed her to death. They were fighting and he wanted to shut her up. He did.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I once accidentally sat on a plate of Mac 'n Cheese. The little guys were never quite the same again.

The most distressing part was that I never did find all the macaroni.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MomOfThree View Post
    I think someone else is due to have a little girl by Monday. I wanted boys.. I surely don't think I can deal with a girl. Give them some cars, dirt and a bath and they are in heaven.. at least mine are happy.
    Ooops, I got you and spoiledkitty mixed up. She's having a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    I once accidentally sat on a plate of Mac 'n Cheese. The little guys were never quite the same again.

The most distressing part was that I never did find all the macaroni.
    LMFAO!

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by comie_nessa@hotmail.com View Post
    Exactly.

When I was little, my babysitter was an older lady, but she was still able to chase after me. She wasn't bedridden, and if she'd had to become bedridden, Mom would have found another babysitter for me.

God, I hope that mother gets charged with child neglect, at the very least, hopefully child endangerment.

Cettie Guest

Not quite but I once drove bulldozer and dump truck for a job I had. Is that close enough?

All of your post has just been making me laugh my ass off. Its serious, and sad, but jeez..that mother should have NEVER let her child spend the day there with no other supervision. I boubt died when Ich said, "Mija"...lol I was thinking the same kind tone, we are horrible..lol

Xtine Guest
    i grew up a few miles from La Joya (ashamed) and there aren't many rocket scientists coming out of this area... something like this was bound to happen....

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I could stand to lose a few pounds myself, but the worst thing I've ever sat on was a cell phone...

It tickles when it rings on vibrate mode. Heehee!

In all seriousness, though...The poor woman probably feels terrible. But it's the parents of that innocent little two year old who should feel the worst...Leaving a toddler with someone who can't chase them around, which is inevitable with a child of that age...Shouldn't they be brought up on some kind of neglect charge?

I just can't believe some people. My daughter is adopted, and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops. I had to have a criminal background check, physical, aids test, personal references, social worker visits, paid a boatload of money to get her and provided financial info. Maybe people need to pass a couple of tests to keep the kids they have. I think about who I leave her with and am always a cell phone call away. I don't even get in the attic w/out making sure someone is expecting a call back from me in case I fall and get hurt (I don't want her left her w/ a mom at the mom of the stairs - I'd come down 2 flights if I fell because of where the door is located). People just amaze me!

Ave Maria!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

cherryghost Guest
    At least they found the child!

It could have adhered to her for yrs and been listed as abducted or missing!

(I dont believe I thought and then said that!) I need to go out for a long walk!

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    At least they found the child!

It could have adhered to her for yrs and been listed as abducted or missing!
    Only to be discovered years later during an x-ray stuck between fat rolls next to that poor kitten.

I once sat on a cat, who tried to rip another crack in my ass.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

annannanna Guest
    to be honest when I first heard this I giggled.

She didn't sit on him, she hit him and lied about it:

http://www.team4news.com/Global/stor...4&nav=0w0vW5Da

and they can't arrest her because she can't get through the door. For realz.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5651337.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/state_n...ry/548686.html

311xInlineGallery.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	311xInlineGallery.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	4588  
    Last edited by ad nauseam; 03-27-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added links
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

annannanna Guest
    Wow.

tngirl1967 Guest
    Oh. My. God.
    She can't run away so they aren't arresting her. Sickening.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Maybe they should take her tv away. She'd die of misery then. How sick can you be?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    to be honest when I first heard this I giggled.
    * giggle *

Well, she has life anyway and if she keeps eating, a death sentence soon will follow.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

MomOfThree Guest
    Well ain't that just F**Ked up! First mommy is getting treated worse than the woman who actually killed her child. Don't get me wrong I am grad she is facing charges as well but what are they going to do with fatty ( no offense ) when she is found guilty?

cherryghost Guest
    I once sat on my sunglasses and broke them!

cherryghost Guest
    But seriously is this woman a nasty piece of work or what! She looks mean as well as .......!

They should take away her food, and give her water and a bit of bread. If she sheds some pounds, she can do time in jail where she belongs.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    She didn't sit on him, she hit him and lied about it:

http://www.team4news.com/Global/stor...4&nav=0w0vW5Da

and they can't arrest her because she can't get through the door. For realz.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5651337.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/state_n...ry/548686.html

311xInlineGallery.jpg
    She looks mean!

LA JOYA — A morbidly obese woman, who authorities say killed her 2½ -year-old nephew with two blows to the head, has been charged with capital murderOn the morning of March 18, Jamie Lee Rosales left Eliseo and her two younger children in the sole supervision of Mayra Rosales, authorities said

Three children under the age of 2 1/2? Where the fuck is the FATHER?

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    LA JOYA â?? A morbidly obese woman, who authorities say killed her 2½ -year-old nephew with two blows to the head, has been charged with capital murderOn the morning of March 18, Jamie Lee Rosales left Eliseo and her two younger children in the sole supervision of Mayra Rosales, authorities said

Three children under the age of 2 1/2? Where the fuck is the FATHER?
    Is this even possible?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Is this even possible?
    I recall reading two of the little ones were twins.

"Her three other children - a set of 1-year-old twins and a 5-year-old - were placed with a relative last week, according to a CPS spokesman."

From: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/m..._deputies.html
    Last edited by Belle; 03-31-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I recall reading two of the little ones were twins.

"Her three other children - a set of 1-year-old twins and a 5-year-old - were placed with a relative last week, according to a CPS spokesman."

From: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/m..._deputies.html
    So...she was raped at 14? Where the fuck is the father of these children?

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    So...she was raped at 14? Where the fuck is the father of these children?
    I just read this weekend that 70% of the births in the Milwaukee inner city are the result of statutory rape. No big surprise take a look around the neighborhood. No, no one is ever prosecuted. No, we aren't allowed to stigmatize the behavior to discourage the other girls from repeating the mistake.

YES, the vast majority of the children born to very young girls who cannot or will not keep the fathers involved grow up to be negative contributions to the human race. The babies are born with great hope and potential. However, every chance they get is stomped and pissed on by their immoral, uneducated deprived upbringing.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I just read this weekend that 70% of the births in the Milwaukee inner city are the result of statutory rape. No big surprise take a look around the neighborhood. No, no one is ever prosecuted. No, we aren't allowed to stigmatize the behavior to discourage the other girls from repeating the mistake.

YES, the vast majority of the children born to very young girls who cannot or will not keep the fathers involved grow up to be negative contributions to the human race. The babies are born with great hope and potential. However, every chance they get is stomped and pissed on by their immoral, uneducated deprived upbringing.
    Yeah & the ones that do overcome it & make something of themselves are sell outs.