Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I can't wait!!
    Hope these bring a smile to your face!

LMAO!!!! oh man that's good.... the Barcelona is a bit disturbing but funny, the other is great! good job

PvN73 Guest
    That is hilarious!!!!

hahaha, just looked again... cracking up over here!!

I knew you were a fan but isnt this a tad obsessive?

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    OMG!! LMAO!! Funniest post ever!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    is this better for you?

Looking great! Love it!

leevancleef Guest

i love this shot.

Flowergrrl Guest
    ok people.. favourite track.
    maybe we could put it into 3 catergories
    Early queen
    mid 80's queen
    late queen
    Early: Bohemian Rhapsody
    Mid: Princes of the Universe (that counts as middle right?)
    Late: The Show Must Go On

Hot pic time...

And one of my favorites:

Flowergrrl Guest
    This is interesting... I don't think it's been posted yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImPL...eature=related

It's in 6 parts, this is the first. I haven't had a chance to look at the rest of them yet.

you're welcome
    back in 1992 (I was 14 years old) I purchased the Barcelona album and didn't really enjoy it because I was young and wanted to hear mostly Freddie and felt Montserrat Caballe just got in the way. Anyway, now at 29 I really enjoy this album and feel Freddie did just as good a job as any pro Opera song writer/singer. If you never listened to that album I highly recommend it... track 1, 5, 6, 7 are my favorites.
    Freddie was a genius and he undoubtably knew that the Barcelona album had some brilliantly written songs and music. Part of the Mercury CD collection has a DVD with him performing some selections of that album in Barcelona with Montserrat "Montsy" Caballe. It's especially poignant to see him performing "How Can I Go On?"
    I applauded Freddie's final press release where he was the one to tell the general public he had AIDS instead of the vultures from the tabloids, etc. who were following him and hounding him. To me, it was his way of saying "F*ck you all!"

Don't forget to put him atop Buckingham Palace. ;-)

God you are so right! Brian does look like he has a dead poodle on his head! Couldnt resist it jas - you are lucky that it wasnt a full length pic of you as i would have added clogs!
    Oops, I screwed up my last posting. Let me try this again.
    Don't forget to put him atop Buckingham Palace.

God you are so right! Brian does look like he has a dead poodle on his head! Couldnt resist it jas - you are lucky that it wasnt a full length pic of you as i would have added clogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    OMG!! LMAO!! Funniest post ever!
    Oh, Montse, how you've changed!

i love this shot.
    This must be the jacket that Freddie made from his mother's prized tablecloth that was made in India. In the DVD, she is shown smiling, shaking her head saying, "Oh, that boy...it was my best tablecloth."

RoRo Guest
    I love that pic of Freddy!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    This must be the jacket that Freddie made from his mother's prized tablecloth that was made in India. In the DVD, she is shown smiling, shaking her head saying, "Oh, that boy...it was my best tablecloth."
    Really? Awww, nice anecdote.

I've never seen that pic of Freddie by the piano... very cool. Oh and hrh, the one with me and the cat... a bit scary, but still funny

Thanks for the compliment Leevan

leevancleef Guest
    I've never seen that pic of Freddie by the piano... very cool. Oh and hrh, the one with me and the cat... a bit scary, but still funny

Thanks for the compliment Leevan
    Youre welcome sweetie!
    That pic is amazing isnt it? When i found it, a couple of months ago, i couldnt stop staring at it...he looks so cool and sexy.

Youre welcome sweetie!
    That pic is amazing isnt it? When i found it, a couple of months ago, i couldnt stop staring at it...he looks so cool and sexy.
    Yeah I really like the candids of Freddie. I mean his act was great and all but it was just an act... it's nice to see him naturally. This is most likely how he looked when he recorded with Queen (until the cameras were rolling).

itsintheeyes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Early: Bohemian Rhapsody
    Mid: Princes of the Universe (that counts as middle right?)
    Late: The Show Must Go On

Hot pic time...

And one of my favorites:

Damn, he's beautiful! F.M. made an appearance in my dreams last night. Attitude and all. He's candy!

Oh yes: And the fact that he is of Indian origin makes him hotter to me for some reason.
    Last edited by itsintheeyes; 02-28-2008 at 08:21 AM.

You know, I went back to listen to the Mr.Bad Guy album after some time and find it to be on the cheesy side, production wise. The songs are good but the quality overall and the use of drum machines really hurts Freddie's vision (in my opinion). I loved the idea of Queen going in and replacing all the instruments with their own as they did on the "Made In Heaven" album... I would love if they did that with all the tracks from Mr. Bad Guy. There is even some demo material Freddie had shelved that would be cool if Brian, Roger and John worked with.

Also, I liked the "Great Pretender" album even though when it was released hardcore Freddie fans loathed it.
    Last edited by Jason; 02-28-2008 at 08:58 AM.

leevancleef Guest
    You know, I went back to listen to the Mr.Bad Guy album after some time and find it to be on the cheesy side, production wise. The songs are good but the quality overall and the use of drum machines really hurts Freddie's vision (in my opinion). I loved the idea of Queen going in and replacing all the instruments with their own on the "Made In Heaven" album... I would love if they did that with all the tracks.

Also, I liked the "Great Pretender" album even though when it was released hardcore Freddie fans loathed it.
    i agree.... you can tell the difference between Freddie solo and Queen....
    The cover is so 80s, Freddie with those glasses...My boyfriend owns the album and he loves it...im not too fond of it, tho....

Ive been listening to HOT SPACE lately....i like it, it must have been quite shocking when it came out, the stuff is pretty innovative. i love UNDER PRESSURE and COOL CAT.

i agree.... you can tell the difference between Freddie solo and Queen....
    The cover is so 80s, Freddie with those glasses...My boyfriend owns the album and he loves it...im not too fond of it, tho....

Ive been listening to HOT SPACE lately....i like it, it must have been quite shocking when it came out, the stuff is pretty innovative. i love UNDER PRESSURE and COOL CAT.
    Yeah I've grown to enjoy Hot Space... when I first got the cassette back in 1992 I remember only liking side B, because it wasn't so disco/funk. Now I pretty much like all of the tracks... Cool Cat and Body Language are probably my least favorites on that album but I can still listen to them.

Have you ever heard the version of Cool Cat with David Bowie singing on it?

leevancleef Guest
    Yeah I've grown to enjoy Hot Space... when I first got the cassette back in 1992 I remember only liking side B, because it wasn't so disco/funk. Now I pretty much like all of the tracks... Cool Cat and Body Language are probably my least favorites on that album but I can still listen to them.

Have you ever heard the version of Cool Cat with David Bowie singing on it?
    Nope, ive never heard it and im a Bowie fan also.
    Was it released in an album?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post

Oh yes: And the fact that he is of Indian origin makes him hotter to me for some reason.
    LOL. That is exactly what I was thinking!! Mmmm...

Nope, ive never heard it and im a Bowie fan also.
    Was it released in an album?
    not that I am aware of... I found this on YouTube and I am assuming this is the correct version of it... I heard it a while ago and wasn't very impressed so I don't really remember it too well.

on a side note, is anybody else cringing when Queen keeps being used in commercials? I know this was brought up prior and I actually said I didn't mind it... well, now I mind it. "I Want It All" for Chase Bank... "You're my best friend" for anything to do with friends or love in general... man, it's starting to annoy me. Ok, my rant is done.
    Last edited by Jason; 02-28-2008 at 11:38 AM.

leevancleef Guest
    not that I am aware of... I found this on YouTube and I am assuming this is the correct version of it... I heard it a while ago and wasn't very impressed so I don't really remember it too well.

on a side note, is anybody else cringing when Queen keeps being used in commercials? I know this was brought up prior and I actually said I didn't mind it... well, now I mind it. "I Want It All" for Chase Bank... "You're my best friend" for anything to do with friends or love in general... man, it's starting to annoy me. Ok, my rant is done.
    Thanks for the link, im not very impressed either....

On the other side, yes, that really annoys the hell out of me...always have.
    "i Want it all" for Chase Bank....thats dreadful.

Thanks for the link, im not very impressed either....

On the other side, yes, that really annoys the hell out of me...always have.
    "i Want it all" for Chase Bank....thats dreadful.
    I KNOW... the guys looking at flat screen TV's with "I Want It All" playing in the background. I would normally not watch but since I work in a marketing research company I actually have to... UGH!!! "I want it all" was actually my second favorite Queen song when I first started getting into them.

back to "Cool Cat", yeah sounds like Bowie is just grunting in the background... I guess they didn't have time to really work on it or maybe figured it wasn't working out and canned the idea.

Guest Guest
    When I feel bad for never having braces all I have to do is look at a picture of Freddy and suddenly I think, " hmm, my teeth aren't so bad after all".
    Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2008 at 12:52 PM.

It cant be as bad as using i want it all for a sofa's ad.... i get really really angry when i see that ad numerous times a day

It cant be as bad as using i want it all for a sofa's ad.... i get really really angry when i see that ad numerous times a day
    I hope they are getting paid WELL for these ads.

34. 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

The ads are so cheapy.... talk about doing it for the money. Total loss of respect for them because of it.

leevancleef Guest
    The ads are so cheapy.... talk about doing it for the money. Total loss of respect for them because of it.
    Do they even NEED more money??...If only they gave the ads money to the fans....i would change my mind, then...

leevancleef Guest

SAD.

yeah well... they're still the best band ever... even though they whore out their music.

Do they even NEED more money??...If only they gave the ads money to the fans....i would change my mind, then...
    Yes, Roger needs to buy a new race track and Brian's gotta upkeep the hair.

and Lee... great pics you posted above, I've never seen that second one. Where are you finding these?

leevancleef Guest

and Lee... great pics you posted above, I've never seen that second one. Where are you finding these?
    I have like 1000 Queen/Freddie pics downloaded , ive been doing that for 5 years!! i have like a zillion of Queen/The Rolling Stones files
    i dont remember where i found the second one, but the first one was from a Queen blog i believe.

I have like 1000 Queen/Freddie pics downloaded , ive been doing that for 5 years!! i have like a zillion of Queen/The Rolling Stones files
    i dont remember where i found the second one, but the first one was from a Queen blog i believe.
    well it's most impressive, I thought I've seen it all.

leevancleef Guest
    well it's most impressive, I thought I've seen it all.
    You know, i was such a Queen Freak 4 years ago.... i only listened to them, it annoyed the heck out of the asshole boyfriend i had back then.
    I grew up listening to them, being my father's favorite band...go figure
    And ive always been fascinated by Freddie as an artist and as a person. ive got memories of myself when i was 10 years old or so, watching a Queen video....i just couldnt stop staring at Freddie and my heart beated so fast
    Now, i listen to different genres of music and ive discovered tons of wonderful bands and artists , but i still need my Queen fix , at least twice a week
    They will always be number 1 in my heart along with The Rolling Stones.

You know, i was such a Queen Freak 4 years ago.... i only listened to them, it annoyed the heck out of the asshole boyfriend i had back then.
    I grew up listening to them, being my father's favorite band...go figure
    And ive always been fascinated by Freddie as an artist and as a person. ive got memories of myself when i was 10 years old or so, watching a Queen video....i just couldnt stop staring at Freddie and my heart beated so fast
    Now, i listen to different genres of music and ive discovered tons of wonderful bands and artists , but i still need my Queen fix , at least twice a week
    They will always be number 1 in my heart along with The Rolling Stones.
    yeah you pretty much summed up my fascination with Queen. I just feel like there's every other band... and then there is Queen.

leevancleef Guest
    yeah you pretty much summed up my fascination with Queen. I just feel like there's every other band... and then there is Queen.
    i know, thats how i feel about them.... and there's every other artist...and then there is Freddie.

i know, thats how i feel about them.... and there's every other artist...and then there is Freddie.
    yup... ok now I'm gonna miss Freddie for the rest of the day, thanks a lot!!!

leevancleef Guest
    yup... ok now I'm gonna miss Freddie for the rest of the day, thanks a lot!!!

Now i wanna make you laugh Jason:
    This shot belongs in a CAPTURE THIS thread

LMAO!!!!! was he on set for the Wizard of Oz remake or something? Lee, you never cease to amaze me.

on a side note, you can see through Brian's hair... when do you think he's gonna throw in the towel?

leevancleef Guest
    LMAO!!!!! was he on set for the Wizard of Oz remake or something? Lee, you never cease to amaze me.

on a side note, you can see through Brian's hair... when do you think he's gonna throw in the towel?
    i know, believe it or not, his hair was the first thing that cracked me up.
    And yeah, the capture this could say:

"Brian May is desperate to join the Munchkins in the new Wizad of Oz remake"

With that look he could only apply for the Bad Witch role, tho....

i know, believe it or not, his hair was the first thing that cracked me up.
    And yeah, the capture this could say:

"Brian May is desperate to join the Munchkins in the new Wizad of Oz remake"

With that look he could only apply for the Bad Witch role, tho....
    ahh, Brian... that's all I havta say about that.

Lee, did you ever see Queen live? with or without Freddie?

leevancleef Guest
    ahh, Brian... that's all I havta say about that.

Lee, did you ever see Queen live? with or without Freddie?
    NEVER. I was only 11 when Freddie died.

NEVER. I was only 11 when Freddie died.
    yeah I was 13... I went to see them with Paul Rogers in 2005 though. The best I could get to seeing them and I thought they put on a great show, you should try and catch them when they come around.